MarketStar

MarketStar United States Employee Reviews

I would run from the job
Inside Channel Account Manager for NetApp (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTApril 17, 2015
I would not recommend. Dishonesty. You will be fired or laid off and it's out of your control. Management is horrible. They hire you without telling you that your project can end in no time.
The Hub. This is where we all enjoy our lunch and watch television.
Marketing Sales Consultant (Current Employee), New York, NYApril 9, 2015
It's Awesome! I really enjoy talking to customers interacting with groups of people explaining the great products and services Sony has to offer.
Love this job when we were really busy hiring employees for our clients
Talent Acquisition/HR Clerk (Former Employee), Ogden, UTApril 5, 2015
Pros: Marketstar alway did a lot for the employees and there families such as boondocks, always bring in food, rented out the movie theatres durning working hours.
Cons: Not the best decision making when it came to our clients that we servied.
I had many daily task. I learned all there different systems. Management was big on micro managing. Did not want to make any changes to make our job better. For the most part I loved all the people I worked with. Not knowing when changes had been made to our process. I loved the fast pace environment..
They lost the Contract
Product Specialist (Current Employee), Ventura CountyApril 3, 2015
Pros: Pay and people
Cons: Not secure position due to third party company
Great company amazing management but the powers that be lost the contract with LG and hundreds lost their jobs. I had a wonderful experience working for them
great benefits, mediocre salary
Product Specialist (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAApril 1, 2015
Liked this company a lot. The health benefits were good but the only way to move up was to be friends with higher ups and thats it. Pay scale was mediocre at best. HR dept always told me to look things up since I was in CA and they were based in UT.
Fun Sales and Marketing Projects PT
Brand Ambasador PT (Current Employee), Newburgh, NYMarch 31, 2015
Pros: Fun Work, Pays well.
Cons: No steady income.
Very few FT positions with this company. Excellent second job. Pays well. The Projects are a few hours a week, usually 20 hours per month and not steady work. Fun work and extra money is a good thing.
Was a great place to work
Corporate Recruiter (Former Employee), Ogden, UTMarch 30, 2015
This company was a great place to work and I would go back to work for them. They provide great training. People that work there are very nice to be around.
Excellent company with fabulous people
LG Product Specialist (Former Employee), Ventura County, CAMarch 27, 2015
Pros: The people I met and worked with or for.
Cons: Some days were 14-16 hour work days and we were on salary
Marketstar is a great company to work for. They truly care about their employes and show their appreciation. A typical day at work was driving to a wireless (cell phone) retailer and meeting with the managers aand sales associates on duty. Inquiring about the sales and customer feedback of LG products. Building and maintaining relationships with the store's employees in order to hopefully get them to recommend LG products to their customers. Assesing the store's inventory of LG products. Noted the location and how our LG products were displayed. Assuring the products had the proper signage and prices. Training the sales associates on the features and benefits of our LG products so they would be prepared to answer any questions potential customers may have.I also had the sales associates join LG's training website so if I was unavailable, they could log into their account to receive further product training or to look-up device specifications.

After each store visist I would log into my laptop and complete a report regarding the information I gathered during my visist. Once the report was completed I would travel to my next location. I made six to seven store visits per day. Each one lasted a minimum of 45 minues.

My co-workers were outstanding. They were always there to answer any questions I may have had. We were also a true team and everyone supported each other and offered praise for all accomplishments. This included our manager.

The hardest part of the job was trying to convince the sales associates to suggest our products to their customers. LG is not a big name in the wireless industry so it was very hard to compete with Samsung and Apple. As a result it was a much easier sale for the sales associates to suggest one of their products over an LG.

The most enjoyable part of my day was the great people I got to meet and work with everyday.
prosperous and positive work enviornment
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Fredericksburg, VAMarch 23, 2015
Pros: pay rate was excellent
Cons: previous managerial team was not well functioning machine
A typical day at work was busy. meeting new people and opening new accounts. goal setting and competitive. Work with a team as well as alone. You learn a lot about yourself and you learn many different communication skills.
Very well organized company.
Brand Advocate-LG mobile (Former Employee), New York,NYMarch 19, 2015
This organization has always gave their employees a chance to grow within the company. The work wasn't really that it was more like fun and exciting.
Product Specialist
Product Specialist (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVMarch 17, 2015
Pros: Travel and freedom
Cons: The demands and last minute changes
This job was a good job to have in terms of freedom and getting to travel from location to location. The management was terrible and had no sort of direction or guidance.
If you need Christmas money...
Marketing representative (Current Employee), Ogden, UTMarch 13, 2015
Pros: easy work, merchandise perks.
Cons: lack of any real advancement potential.
If you've ever seen people in logo pullover shirts standing around in big box stores, or wondered about "secret shoppers," well, that's what MarketStar does.

The work itself isn't bad, and aside from demanding that your daily reports be in on the same day, even on weekends or nights where you work until 9 PM, they don't put a lot of pressure on you. There can also be performance-based merchandise perks.

But the company doesn't have a lot of work outside of Christmas season. They don't have work every Christmas, either.

There doesn't seem to be any advancement potential. I have over eight years of retail experience, plus I've been on their Flex Team for another five and hold a college degree, and I couldn't even get an interview for an area manager job that was recently posted. Really? It may not be a big loss because every year I seem to get new managers, which tells me that managers may be part time temporary employees, too. They're based in a right-to-work state, which many explain their philosophy towards their employees.

So if you need some extra Christmas money, it's not bad. Just don't give up your day job.
Overall nice company
Google Specialist (Former Employee), Hamilton, OHMarch 9, 2015
Pros: great hours an atmosphere
Cons: short contract
I had a great experience, the training was paid for, including hotel and food.

The work experience was nice, I worked Monday to Thursday
BD2D Trainer (Current Employee), Boston, ProvidenceFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: travel, experience, flexibility
Cons: contracts can end and you can be let go
Aside from the volatile nature of contracted work, Marketstar is a great employer. Contracts end and jobs can be lost, but in general I love working for them.
Fun
Blackberry Customer Representative (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAFebruary 18, 2015
This company provided good pay and time off when needed. The HR staff were good and the management received was good as well. I would continue to work for this company when more opportunites presented itself.
Great Company
Web Portal Manager (Former Employee), Ogden, UTFebruary 2, 2015
MarketStar helps brands differentiate themselves by creating innovative, memorable, and sales-focused relationship experiences.
Great Work/Life balance
Senior Product Specialist (Current Employee), Ogden, UTJanuary 25, 2015
I have worked for Marketstar for 5 years as part of the LG account. In that time I was able to help build the Hampton Roads Market in to a viable market for LG to succeed in. The job allowed for us to set out own hours and we worked really independently as long as we hit our goals. The upper management did not have the best downward communication, and being a marketing company the job security is not the greatest which is why I am in the current job market because the company lost the contract to another company.
Very cool job if you're looking for extra cash
"Amazon Kindle Representative" (Former Employee), Chico, CAJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: flexible schedule, decent work times, flexible breaks/lunches, $15 an hour payrate, seasonal, opportunity for callback
Cons: hectic hiring process, no commission pay, seasonal, did not receive kindle to demo for job, too few hours
I was an Amazon Kindle Rep for Marketstar and it was fun, but crazy. The seasonal position was on Indeed.com and it paid $15.00 hr, so I thought it was worth trying it out. After a couple email interviews and maybe a phone interview, the hiring process was crazy!

I had 24 hours to go to Quest Diagnostics to get my drug test which they registered and paid for, then they sent me a packet of information about 50 pages long explaining the specs and details of the Kindle products that would be presented at the kiosk in Best Buy, and once they delivered your uniform, ID badge, and you attended a phone conference orientation you were ready to work on your own.

It was a little daunting at first since I was used to having a supervisor show me how to do my job, but I went fairly blind. My supervisor was the California division manager who was stationed out in Sacramento or something, and he had no idea how to help me, really. I went to Best Buy, explained my situation to their manager, and she directed me to my kiosk where I advertised the Kindle Fire HDX as much as possible. At the end of the day, I took inventory of the remaining Kindle products and wrote a report on how many I sold. Eventually, I got used to my job and became quite good at selling the product.

All in all, I earned roughly $600 for 15-20 days 3 hours a day. Not too bad if you're a college kid needing some extra holiday money, but it's definitely not a dependable job if you need income. What I did like is the fact they kept my name in reference and have sent me job applications for future seasonal positions. I also heard from another rep that if you talked to the company and you were an amazing employee they might hire you permanently part-time or full-time as a rep.
Decent company
HR RECRUITER (Former Employee), Ogden, UtahJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: expereince
Cons: no culture. felt like a production line as an employee.
Work was repetitive and had no room for ideas.
Learned a lot about politics.
Management was very by the book (which can be a good thing and a bad thing)
Hard part was clocking in and out
Most enjoyable was the experience
It was only a PT position.
Flex Team Representative (Former Employee), Bay Area, CAJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: various work locations
Cons: no ft offers
It was fun and I enjoyed the position but only certain people made it to FT and it was just a few in th Bay Area.

1 2 3 4 5

About MarketStar

Founded in 1988, MarketStar Corporation has established its authority in strategic outsourced sales and marketing solutions, go-to-market – Read more

MarketStar Salaries