MarketStar Employee Reviews in United States

Long lasting friendships
Great customer service
Respectful
Overall great job.

Willing to work with you and your schedule.
Review of Product Specialist
Product Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lower Hudson ValleyMay 23, 2016
Typical day would be driving around to around 6 stores. You needed to hit 30 stores a week. Lots of driving, lots of time spent in the car, you can basically make your own schedule. The job was very micromanaged, and they wanted specific data from each visit. We were grossly underpaid for what other reps were making with other companies, especially for living in the NY Metro Area. Management were robots, and most of my co-workers I got along with, even though we rarely saw each other. Hardest part of the job was getting to speak to all the reps you would visit. Sometimes they were preoccupied with customers or just didn't want to speak to you and it was obvious. Learning all the competitors devices and my own was great, because you could easily speak to the better products from the specs alone. If the job paid more, then it would have been ideal, because I love speaking to customers and helping them change their minds on buying something from me.
Pros
Work-Life balance, schedule, training reps, weekends off, free devices to use, phone reimbursement
Cons
Salary was less than desirable for what the job had begun, and too much micromanaging. Lots of wear and tear on your car and not compensated enough for it.
Opportunity to work with a range of clients
Starbucks Coffee Brand Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Edgewater, NJApril 25, 2016
Very laid back sales job (little to no sales pressure) with plenty of paid training on a weekly basis. You become the ambassador of the brand of the location you are assigned to.
Work enviroment was very firm.
Sales agent (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDApril 21, 2016
Work day consisted of team meeting about company progress. Each worker is assigned a product and a store and is to market each item for the week.
Pros
good customer service
Cons
very low benefits
Rebuilding
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAApril 19, 2016
Great company, Rebuilding, I was there for a few years, and had a great time. They had layoffs each year I was there.I do not have anything more to say other than, Marketstar has great people.
Fun place to work
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Ogden, UTApril 11, 2016
I loved working here, not much I didnt like. Hate to leave. Fun environment to be in and everyone is super nice and willing to help you succeed.
Pros
Fun enviroment
Cons
nothing much
positive environment
Retail Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Cerritos, CAApril 5, 2016
Work hours where tough although helping others to achieve there fitness goal was an awesome result. Felt good to motivate new members and guide them on the right track for positive results.
Great job but temporary
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UTMarch 30, 2016
Great company but employment was temporary. I learned a lot and wanted to stay but some contracts were pulled and the temps were the first to go. I would go back in a heartbeat.
Pros
Great management
Cons
temp work
Steady Work Place Sometimes, great people to work with
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Glen Burnie, MDMarch 11, 2016
A typical day at work:

Clocking in at a work site were most of the customers were already existing FIOS customers.
Very slim sales opportunities
Every 2 hours had to report how any loops we had. Loops were the customers personal account information. We used this information to see if we had any sales opportunities or if we could save our customers some money.
shifts were seven to eight hours a day.
My manager was pretty cool and very helpful.
The co-workers were great, they were Verizion Wireless Reps and we built a great work relationship.
The hardest part about the job was not getting a lot of sales due to the location.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the whole sales experience and the people I worked with.
How to do your job.
None thought i was applying (Former Employee) –  Woodbury, NJ where i thougjt i was applyingMarch 10, 2016
You start out by getting there a few minutes early. Start your job and work to your best ability as I would. Skwsys think there's room for advancement. Learn everything you can. Always be kind to other people & if another employee is struggling with something that I know, j would help. Work can be a nice environment. Never stab people in the back to move up faster. Some people have fsnlues with kids. Just do ad your asked & there shouldn't be any problems
Pros
Advancement
A Connection in Every City
Senior Product Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 12, 2016
I was lucky enough to travel from coast to coast training employees and business partners on the advancements and innovations of LG devices during the birth of smartphones. I was a part of a great group of individuals who became close friends granting me a contact in every major city in the nation. Compensation and benefits were not competitive compared to competitors and positions in the wireless industry.
High pay rate at your own pace
Google Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Brentwood, CAJanuary 11, 2016
Typical day: Report to your sales location, clock in, and help with staff. In my case, I was placed at Best Buy in Brentwood, CA. On my first week, I had to teach Best Buy employees in the computers dept. about Google products and how it would benefit customers.

I learned how to be independent on the sales floor. Prior to working for MarketStar as a Google specialist, I had plenty of customer sales knowledge from a previous employer.

Our management team was very supportive, however remotely. We worked at our own pace, and our management team entrusted us with this. We were able to make sales within a time frame successfully.

I didn't really with any staff co-workers except for Best Buy employees.

I'd say the hardest part of the job was commuting to Brentwood! Really though, there was nothing hard about the job. Just sell Google products in Best Buy in a non-competitive environment.

Everything about MarketStar I enjoyed! I just wished it wasn't seasonal.
Pros
high salary, work at own pace, independent, GOOGLE
Cons
long commute
Retail Environment
Verizon Local Presence Center Manager (Former Employee) –  Bel Air, MDJanuary 10, 2016
I enjoyed my job not only sales but customer service. I could stand behind the product.
The only thing that I did not like was that the store was a kiosk so there was not a lot of room and no where to sit.
Pros
Everyday was different
Cons
dealing with irate customers
Mio District Manager (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 8, 2016
MarketStar with the sister company to CMP they make sure their employee have only the best. I enjoyed working with MarketStar
Good work environment. Seamless between company and client.
Sales Representative for Whirlpool Corporation (Current Employee) –  Ogden, UTJanuary 2, 2016
The work day was great. Being a Whirlpool Appliance Rep. was very fulfilling. I traveled to the big box stores that sold appliances. Work with associates selling appliances. I also worked with store management to arrange training's for large and small groups. Organized days for Assisted Selling, coming in spending the day selling product to customer, performing product demos and training store associates. I traveled almost 3500 miles a moth to cover my accounts. I had 41 accounts to manage, almost 50 millions dollars in sales annually. Making and keeping relationships is the number one activities. My talent was in the moment with the associates and customers. I enjoy the exchange with the customers, selling product.
My co-workers are the best. We are spread out all across the country but rely on each other for help and guidance, the atmosphere was to help each other succeed.
Pros
Great product to sell, great co-workers.
Cons
Not much room to move up.
HR excellent place to work
Recruiter/HR Clerk/Onboarding (Current Employee) –  Ogden, UTDecember 31, 2015
work on the on boarding team, help new hires with the new hire paperwork,work with management and coworkers.. management are excellent with problems its a great place to work for.
Pros
they always are giving us things treats ext
Demonstrate Verizon Fios’ fiber optic services and products
Sale Representative (Former Employee) –  Mount Laurel, NJDecember 29, 2015
I love working for this company. Always organized and gave you all the information you needed to progress in the company.
Territory Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Ogden, UTDecember 28, 2015
MarketStar is a great company and treats people well. They totally understand the work/life balance that is important to people. The one downside is the nature of contract work. I worked on a great team and we hit all out metrics however, the contract was cancelled because of overall company revenue and not our teams performance.
Great Culture and good company to work for
Business Development Team Manager (Current Employee) –  South Jordan, UTDecember 9, 2015
Absolutely one of the best companies to work for. The culture and management are hands down the best. M* and their clients are very knitted in a strong culture where you enjoy going to work everyday.
I just completed my first product ambassador assignment for MarketStar
Product demonstrator (Current Employee) –  PennsylvaniaNovember 10, 2015
I just completed my first assignment as a brand ambassador doing product demonstration of one specific product over several weeks in a Walmart store. All went well. I believe I was totally prepared and trained adequately well in advance of the start date of the demo. I think that my regional managers did a great job communicating with me throughout a month of weekend demos. I received a professionally packed box of product shipped directly to my house containing everything that I needed with thorough instructions of what is expected. The only reason that I'm rating the company four stars not five is because my pay stub for a two week period was confusing and instead of one hourly rate as agreed upon at hire I received four different rates in a two week period. The assignment that I worked ended and I believe it was a 100% positive experience on the job. I'll certainly consider future assignments doing product demonstration for MarketStar. I like the fact that I was given all that I needed to go out and represent the company and it's customer's product while being trusted professionally to perform the duties.
Pros
Adequate training & supplies provided, Respectable pay rate, Easy reporting of daily results