MarketStar Employee Reviews

Wide variety of Job Conditions
Senior Lead IoT Enabling Manager (Current Employee) –  Ogden, UTOctober 10, 2017
Most jobs are about building partnerships or customer base for high tech companies, lots of research and lead qualification, then fostering relationship through clients' programs. Some clients requirements are not fully defined or properly communicated and causes frustrating revisions of goal. Some programs are easier than others but compensation is the same and this causes low morale and team resentment among those who carry heavy loads. Some of the friendly workplace culture is lost because of inconsistent management styles and constant direction changes. On the other hand there are opportunities to take on challenging and experience building projects and freedom to learn and discuss very complex technology and business relationships.
Pros
Team build time (free movies, lunch with coworkers, sports, service volunteer)
Cons
It is turning into micromanaged clock in/out, lunch and break times.
Great Place to Work!
Partner Manager (Former Employee) –  Jordan, UTSeptember 29, 2017
The culture here was great!
Everyone on your team worked together to assist in meeting the goals laid out by the managers.
Great family feeling and Awesome Perks!
Pros
Movie Days, Ping Pong Table, Boondock and Lagoon Days
Not too bad
Account Development Representative for the AdRoll (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UTSeptember 25, 2017
I have worked for call centers before, but this one was different. The management was alright, but they were more your friend than your manager. They did not take coaching seriously.

Evaluations of performance were lazy and low key at best. You didn't know there was a problem until it was too late.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
very lax work environment
Marketstar
Sales/Logistics (Former Employee) –  Temecula, CASeptember 25, 2017
Clockin in start of shift, discuss with manager daily goals. and sales goal for the month, different tactics to get there, etc. Then you simply hit the sales floor and start selling. Workplace was competitive, which was great. Hardest part of the job slow times, cant make money if no ones around! Enjoyable part of the job, working with like minded people.
Pros
Competitive workplace.
I loved working with MarketStar. I had the opportunity to get my hands on new technology and sale them!
H.T.C. Representative (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UTSeptember 21, 2017
MarketStar is an amazing company and would love to work there again! I would get a new product, do training threw the Internet to train myself. Then go sell to the public!
Retail Manager
Verizon Fios Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Brambleton, VASeptember 6, 2017
This was a typical destination retail store for Verizon Fios services. Store opened at 10am and closed at 6pm. I had a staff of three employees including myself. I learned the in's and out's of being retail store manager and gained valuable insight on best practices and employee relations. The store itself was small so keeping busy and not being on top of each other was key. Hardest part of the job was having my hands tied by regional managers. I couldn't interview employee's or have any real say on who was hired for my store. This created a tense and sometimes awkward scenario where employee didn't think the manger had any real power or control. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new customers and talking with folks like myself.
Pros
Great Hourly Pay, Great Incentives and paid time off.
Cons
Being a contractor employee at a corporate store.
Average
Director, Client Sales & Service (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UTAugust 9, 2017
Contract based work so job stability is always an issue. Lots of attrition at the C level, so things constantly changing. Overall, not a bad place to work.
Great third party Sales & Marketing Company representing high tech products.
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 9, 2017
Great company enabling one to hone their marketing and sales retail skills. Teaches you the latest technology out there and how it works. Job occurs generally within Best Buy stores. As a Marketstar/CCS Rep, you perform product training, merchandising, sales, and marketing within your assigned territory of Best Buys. Knowing Spanish helps.
Pros
You set your own schedule
Cons
Now you can only work part time and only if there is a project.
Good work/life balance
Inside Sales/Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UTAugust 6, 2017
Marketstar is a great place to work and a great place to connect and network with some amazing companies. The C-level Management is top notch and always seems to have the better interests of the employees on their mind. The Executives are all very helpful and there to help anyone advance and learn if they are willing. Great culture and a wonderful place for a good work/life balance. I would consider Marketstar the very BEST place to work in Ogden Utah.
Pros
work life balance, good benefits, great management
Cons
Job security is scarce because a client can cut the project at any time
Partner Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  South Jordan, UTAugust 1, 2017
Great culture! Would recommend others to work here. Flexible work hours, understanding management, and opportunities to grow on most accounts. Company keeps you updated on important details.
Pros
Cons
Client stability
Laid Off
Market Manager (Former Employee) –  Port Saint Lucie, FLJuly 31, 2017
The company seemed great- awesome culture. When acquiring a new contract several years back, the new recruits were sent to Utah for training and team development. Our team building continued when we returned home.

Unfortunately, a few months after being hired, most of the people were laid off with no warning due to the contract being dropped.
Sales Sales Sales
Brand Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 28, 2017
Getting information of a new or existing product to customers is key to sales. Yes there is tv ads but once the customers comes in the store, they usually need information to confirm their purchase
Account Manager for Intel
Intel RCO Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Ogden, UTJuly 25, 2017
Marketstar is great because of the culture and the company benefits. They are very flexible and very family focused. The management really worked on helping to improve me on a daily basis.
Pros
flexible, benefits
I liked working here.
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Amherst, NYJuly 22, 2017
Interview process was exciting, new, and easy! Enjoyed working for company but didn't enjoy being managed electronically. Things weren't taken care of properly whenever there was an issue. Also my coworkers were laid off.
Good no... Great Culture!
Intel - Enabling Manager (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UTJuly 18, 2017
As an Intel Enabling Manager, it was a cool job for Tech Peeps! The Internet of Things was a huge part of Intel's top Initiatives and every industry was exploding with development.
Our job was to align companies that fit the Intel enablement program, present their case and seek approval for an Assigned Engineer. Help be a driving force that initiated new business for Intel.
Management had to change job objectives and functions regularly to help conform with the growing program within Intel. Hardest part was knowing the technical details of the IoT space. Extremely technical role.
Pros
Tech Heavy, New Development
Cons
Hard approvals, slow work environment.
Future Uncertain
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UTJuly 13, 2017
Because this is an outsourced business with many clients having the ability to terminate at any time, I have witnessed too many good and hard working people lose their positions.
Pros
Not Much
Cons
Turn-over
Technology Services Specialist (Current Employee) –  South Jordan, UTJuly 7, 2017
I enjoyed my job. Unfortunately it is contract based. Now that our contract ended i'm now looking for work. I worked there for 2 years and enjoyed the management group. My direct manager was an outstanding individual who genuinely cared about his team. Best manager I've worked for. Good Pay and benefits if you can get on the right contract.
Pros
Team Activities, Good People, Health, Dental, Vision
Cons
Contract Jobs
Great organization
Director of Client Services (Former Employee) –  Raleigh-Durham, NCJuly 6, 2017
Great organization, management is transparent and authentic and considerate of their employees. Outsourced contract sales is a difficult business and they are good at it. Compensation depends on a number of issues, but they're generous when they can be.
Productive and fun place to work
Field Sales Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UTJuly 4, 2017
I really enjoyed working here. It was not only fun but very challenging. I was able to use all my years of customer service and sales experience on a daily basis.
Pros
challenging, fast paced, great culture
Cons
not much room for growth
Create-LG Brand Advocate (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UTJune 30, 2017
This is by far the best place I have worked. They are out of Ogden UT and even though it is a pretty big company it still gives you a feeling that you are an intricate part of the team.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MarketStar. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9