MarketStar Employee Reviews

Great company
Field Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 23, 2017
Great places to work . Worked for the company since 2009 on many programs . Unfortunately in this industry there are many layoffs due to contract expirations.
Pros
Make your own schedule
Cons
No way to move up in the company. Lay offs
Lack of Communication and no Job Security
Business Development (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 22, 2017
I learned that it is not uncommon to start a full time permanent position only to have it cancelled at a moments notice.

There is a severe lack of communication and response from management and HR.

They make promises they dont keep- meetings were cancelled or the management would do a no call no show.

Everything is managed remotely so there is zero job training.
Pros
Complete Freedom
Cons
Too much freedom
Lack of management
Regional Sales Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 17, 2017
As a previous employee with MarketStar, there was much to be desired in the way of management. The company sends you into the field ill-prepared and with little to no confidence on what your job really is. As well, the company is horrible at communication, whether it be sending out promotional data or sales numbers.
Excellent company with dedicated people
Manager of Corporate Talent Development (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UTJune 17, 2017
Marketstar is a leader in the 3rd-party outsourced (Sales as a Service) industry. They consistently deliver exceptional results for their clients in the direct and channel sales programs. The people make this a wonderful place to work. The company is very dedicated to the employee and their family, as well as the local and global community.
Pros
Community, Camaraderie, Continual growth opportunities
Cons
Sometimes client programs end with no warning
Great for a family person
Brand Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Lodi, CAJune 12, 2017
No real complaints except for uncompensated overtime and travel. I understand this has been corrected. Interesting, varying assignments. Good training. Performance recognition. Overall? I enjoyed my time there.

There were new product training meetings once or twice a year at a remote location. Well planned and executed. No roommates help with the intense learning process.
Pros
Family
Cons
Too large a territory, uncompensated hours
Seasonal
Sales/Marketing (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKMay 20, 2017
This is just a seasonal job. You can't rely on them if you are really needing money. But a good company to work with as you own your own time and you are free to accept and not accept the job if there is one.
Pros
Sometimes you get a free stuff
Cons
not much income
Manager
District Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  New York Tri-State AreaApril 26, 2017
Managed sales teams around region. Toughest part is building new relationships. If you are great at skills such as communicating, team building, and believe in both individual and team goals life as a Manager becomes a successful career.
Service and Professionalism
Regional sales and Training Manager (Former Employee) –  NationwideMarch 27, 2017
Great company full of opportunity, they take calculated risks and trust success. There are many contracts to service and advancement is both north/South and lateral. The market directors know what they are doing and trust once earned is hardly questiomed.
Pros
Travel, compensation, work trust
Cons
They have one way of doing business
nothing to say
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UTMarch 14, 2017
nothing to tell about this location. It was awesome but not worth the time and effort of the pay. I loved the people and the culture but i can not support a family off of 35K
assistant manager
Assistant Manager/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  New JerseyFebruary 20, 2017
I had a good experience at Marketstar in the beginning when company first started. After a while the pay structure began to change and i wasn't getting a high pay out anymore and the management changed and everything became more strict and less of a friendly place to work.
Worst experience ever!
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UTFebruary 19, 2017
I am a professional Sales Rep. and believed all companies had a moral compass. This company tries hard to paint a perfect picture.
Vicious personalities hide behind titles in Sr Management roles and thin out employee ranks at will. Talent and performance is not a guarantee for job security. If customer contracts fail mgmt axes all sales staff while they keep their jobs. Be careful working here.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Always having to watch your back -Most unprofessional & bullying Sr Mgmnt I've worked under.
Great place to work!
Outsourcing Specialist/ Recruiting Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UTJanuary 26, 2017
I loved working here, too bad it was a temporary job. Great coworkers and the break rooms are pretty nice and equipped. I recommend this place.
n/a
Electronic Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 25, 2017
If you are looking for a seasonal job market star is a great fun solution. Work environment is great. The products to sell are great
Full time Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJanuary 25, 2017
Great place to work - Good enviorment- Got to manage a territory and competitive pay, Company provided trips and fun yearly sales conferences. Would reccomend.
Great sales trainings
Retail Sales Representative (Verizon FiOS) (Former Employee) –  Menifee, CADecember 21, 2016
I was a sales representative for Verizon FiOS as a third party vendor inside of a Verizon Wireless kiosk. This job required a lot of critical thinking and made me become extremely resourceful because ours was limited. Management were top performers and performance proof was the only way to get promoted. It was a challenging job because sometimes our equipment was faulty. I enjoyed the freedom of "owning the shift". Your managers were there to draw up the numbers and help you reach those numbers.
Pros
Sales training & education, skill-set development
Cons
Can be extremely difficult for new-hires, few employment benefits
It's a good temp job
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Ogden, UTSeptember 13, 2016
I did outbound calls and cold emails all day. It's an okay job, but the amount of stress you get is NOT worth it. Perks are okay but doesn't make up for it.
Pros
Movies days, lots of PTO
Cons
Stress environment, Poor Management
I was my own boss
Verizon Fios Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VASeptember 1, 2016
This job consisted of me arriving to a Verizon wireless store to promote Verizon Fios to customers who came in for wireless needs. I learned how to push myself to meet my goals for the day. The management was okay. I was pretty much my own boss. the company I worked for was a third party company therefore I communicated with my boss through email a lot. I also was very well liked by the wireless team i worked beside.
Pros
interacting with people, promoting a great product, great incentives if sales were made.
Cons
Not having well communication with my boss other than email and occasional phone calls.
Good pay
Product Demonstrator (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UTAugust 17, 2016
Great pay and not very difficult. Great weekend jobs and got to travel some. Usually worked weekends for 8 hours a day in different locations near by. Overall is a great job to have part time.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Part time
Overall Good
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTAugust 1, 2016
First thing to know about Marketstar is they are contractual, meaning they bring businesses in to conduct business for them. While this typically means there is always work, it also means the workforce is always at risk of the client pulling their contract and people losing their jobs. Unfortunately when this happens, management has a habit of hiring external candidates to fill the holes rather than hiring those that are being let go due to the client taking away their positions.

Managers "Pride" themselves on Marketstar being a "Family" company, but I've never seen something done by management to portray that. Each action they take is done specifically to better their personal standings and they don't care about their employees because there is always someone else looking for a job. They have zero interest in keeping people internal when positions are released.
Review of field position
Field Representative (Current Employee) –  TexasJuly 26, 2016
I have worked in the field with Marketstar for several years. Overall, I manage myself which has been good and bad. I like setting my schedule and managing my territory on my own, but it's difficult when there is little communication with anyone else that I am supposed to be working with. Management definitely needs to communicate more with the field.

I like the company overall, but it isn't stable work and there is no room for advancement for field employees.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MarketStar. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8