MarketStar

MarketStar Employee Reviews

Great Internship
Whirlpool Sales Representative (Intern) (Current Employee), Denver, COJune 28, 2015
Great Internship, learned to improve communication skills, responsibility, and overall better understanding of the professional business environment.
Okay
Store Manager (Current Employee), Paterson, NJJune 27, 2015
Pros: health benefits
Cons: longer you work for the company the less money you make, Every year they lower the commission compensation with only a month notice if so, Pay very little for sales compensation
the company give you the opportunity to growth experience wise only because when it come to raises there is none. The most I like about the company is that there is no cap for the commission you can make.
Google Specialist
Google Specialist (Former Employee), Ogden, UTJune 27, 2015
The position had amazing training in a resort hotel, and everyone at Marketstar was great. That couldn't be said about the people at my BestBuy, though.

Also, apparently, other brands don't give as much of a spectacular training setup for MS as Google did.
Great team environment
District Sales Manager (Current Employee), New YorkJune 20, 2015
The company encourages a work/life balance. As a field employee, you do not feel like HQ is miles and miles away Some highlights of my learning experience with MarketStar includes time management and the in's and out's of managing the Client you are assigned to. The company also encourages furthering the education of their employees via webinars and online coursework that would be applicable to your field.
Team oriented
AdRoll Account Development Representative (Former Employee), Ogden, UTJune 10, 2015
Great company with solid background and reputation. Compensation is satisfactory. Training could be better to ensure optimum performance for new employees.
A Top Company
Regional Manager (Former Employee), Ogden, UTJune 5, 2015
Cons: Poor employee retention
Marketstar is one of the top companies in its category. I worked for them for almost nine years. The only drawback is that they don't retain their current talent very well. After a program ends, the employees are let go and have to start from square one.
Friendly work space with light supervision.
Google Product Consultant (Former Employee), New York, NYMay 30, 2015
Pros: light supervision
On a typical day I would arrive to store, check product inventory for the day, merchandise and clean all product tables I was in charge of maintaining. Once I was done with that, I would follow up with management on what they were focusing on for the day. I was in charge of setting up training events as well as training retail associates on the floor throughout the day.

I found that the hardest part of the job was getting ahold of management and raising issues to my bosses. I found the most enjoyable part of the job to be my employees and management within the store, they taught me that building relationships and teamwork is essential to not only getting tasks done but creating and maintaining a harmonious work place for all.
Exciting place to work.
LG HE Product Specialist Q4 (Former Employee), Ogden, UTMay 28, 2015
This position offered a lot of freedom and required the use of much creativity to successfully attain the goals each month that were set in place. The goals however were obtainable and when things were challenging my management team was always their to provide whatever I needed to make it work. My direct report Manager on this program was outstanding!
great people to work with
Team Lead/Partner Business Manager (Former Employee), South Jordan, UTMay 21, 2015
Pros: great environment
Cons: not enough traveling
Loved the environment. Team members were great and helpful in teaching correct principles to use with partners.

Working with partners was the highlight of the day. I loved them and their staffs and loved teaching them and helping them get their deals approved at a great price so they could closed the deal.
Fun environment to meet new people
Brand Ambassador (Current Employee), Ogden, UTMay 12, 2015
Pros: free items, network, free food
Cons: hours, distance
Marketstar is not your traditional job experience. They send you different events including sampling, demonstration, or modeling. I have worked for Amway, Florida State Fair, Nike combine and etc. It is a great way to do something different weekly or monthly.
Top in the industry
Senior Market Sell Thru Manager, Home Electronics (Current Employee), Ogden, UTMay 4, 2015
MarketStar is a great work environment to utilize your skills and learn about being flexible and changing according to a fast paced environment. The client and products represented is an ever changing technology that MarketStar gives the employee the opportunity to learn and share with co-workers and the clients.
I would run from the job
Inside Channel Account Manager for NetApp (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTApril 17, 2015
I would not recommend. Dishonesty. You will be fired or laid off and it's out of your control. Management is horrible. They hire you without telling you that your project can end in no time.
The Hub. This is where we all enjoy our lunch and watch television.
Marketing Sales Consultant (Current Employee), New York, NYApril 9, 2015
It's Awesome! I really enjoy talking to customers interacting with groups of people explaining the great products and services Sony has to offer.
Love this job when we were really busy hiring employees for our clients
Talent Acquisition/HR Clerk (Former Employee), Ogden, UTApril 5, 2015
Pros: Marketstar alway did a lot for the employees and there families such as boondocks, always bring in food, rented out the movie theatres durning working hours.
Cons: Not the best decision making when it came to our clients that we servied.
I had many daily task. I learned all there different systems. Management was big on micro managing. Did not want to make any changes to make our job better. For the most part I loved all the people I worked with. Not knowing when changes had been made to our process. I loved the fast pace environment..
They lost the Contract
Product Specialist (Current Employee), Ventura CountyApril 3, 2015
Pros: Pay and people
Cons: Not secure position due to third party company
Great company amazing management but the powers that be lost the contract with LG and hundreds lost their jobs. I had a wonderful experience working for them
great benefits, mediocre salary
Product Specialist (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAApril 1, 2015
Liked this company a lot. The health benefits were good but the only way to move up was to be friends with higher ups and thats it. Pay scale was mediocre at best. HR dept always told me to look things up since I was in CA and they were based in UT.
Fun Sales and Marketing Projects PT
Brand Ambasador PT (Current Employee), Newburgh, NYMarch 31, 2015
Pros: Fun Work, Pays well.
Cons: No steady income.
Very few FT positions with this company. Excellent second job. Pays well. The Projects are a few hours a week, usually 20 hours per month and not steady work. Fun work and extra money is a good thing.
Was a great place to work
Corporate Recruiter (Former Employee), Ogden, UTMarch 30, 2015
This company was a great place to work and I would go back to work for them. They provide great training. People that work there are very nice to be around.
Excellent company with fabulous people
LG Product Specialist (Former Employee), Ventura County, CAMarch 27, 2015
Pros: The people I met and worked with or for.
Cons: Some days were 14-16 hour work days and we were on salary
Marketstar is a great company to work for. They truly care about their employes and show their appreciation. A typical day at work was driving to a wireless (cell phone) retailer and meeting with the managers aand sales associates on duty. Inquiring about the sales and customer feedback of LG products. Building and maintaining relationships with the store's employees in order to hopefully get them to recommend LG products to their customers. Assesing the store's inventory of LG products. Noted the location and how our LG products were displayed. Assuring the products had the proper signage and prices. Training the sales associates on the features and benefits of our LG products so they would be prepared to answer any questions potential customers may have.I also had the sales associates join LG's training website so if I was unavailable, they could log into their account to receive further product training or to look-up device specifications.

After each store visist I would log into my laptop and complete a report regarding the information I gathered during my visist. Once the report was completed I would travel to my next location. I made six to seven store visits per day. Each one lasted a minimum of 45 minues.

My co-workers were outstanding. They were always there to answer any questions I may have had. We were also a true team and everyone supported each other and offered praise for all accomplishments. This included our manager.

The hardest part of the job was trying to convince the sales associates to suggest our products to their customers. LG is not a big name in the wireless industry so it was very hard to compete with Samsung and Apple. As a result it was a much easier sale for the sales associates to suggest one of their products over an LG.

The most enjoyable part of my day was the great people I got to meet and work with everyday.
prosperous and positive work enviornment
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Fredericksburg, VAMarch 23, 2015
Pros: pay rate was excellent
Cons: previous managerial team was not well functioning machine
A typical day at work was busy. meeting new people and opening new accounts. goal setting and competitive. Work with a team as well as alone. You learn a lot about yourself and you learn many different communication skills.

1 2 3 4 5

About MarketStar

Founded in 1988, MarketStar Corporation has established its authority in strategic outsourced sales and marketing solutions, go-to-market – Read more

MarketStar Salaries