MarketStar Employee Reviews

assistant manager
Assistant Manager/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  New JerseyFebruary 20, 2017
I had a good experience at Marketstar in the beginning when company first started. After a while the pay structure began to change and i wasn't getting a high pay out anymore and the management changed and everything became more strict and less of a friendly place to work.
Worst experience ever!
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UTFebruary 19, 2017
I am a professional Sales Rep. and believed all companies had a moral compass. This company tries hard to paint a perfect picture.
Vicious personalities hide behind titles in Sr Management roles and thin out employee ranks at will. Talent and performance is not a guarantee for job security. If customer contracts fail mgmt axes all sales staff while they keep their jobs. Be careful working here.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Always having to watch your back -Most unprofessional & bullying Sr Mgmnt I've worked under.
Great place to work!
Outsourcing Specialist/ Recruiting Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UTJanuary 26, 2017
I loved working here, too bad it was a temporary job. Great coworkers and the break rooms are pretty nice and equipped. I recommend this place.
n/a
Electronic Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 25, 2017
If you are looking for a seasonal job market star is a great fun solution. Work environment is great. The products to sell are great
Full time Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJanuary 25, 2017
Great place to work - Good enviorment- Got to manage a territory and competitive pay, Company provided trips and fun yearly sales conferences. Would reccomend.
Great sales trainings
Retail Sales Representative (Verizon FiOS) (Former Employee) –  Menifee, CADecember 21, 2016
I was a sales representative for Verizon FiOS as a third party vendor inside of a Verizon Wireless kiosk. This job required a lot of critical thinking and made me become extremely resourceful because ours was limited. Management were top performers and performance proof was the only way to get promoted. It was a challenging job because sometimes our equipment was faulty. I enjoyed the freedom of "owning the shift". Your managers were there to draw up the numbers and help you reach those numbers.
Pros
Sales training & education, skill-set development
Cons
Can be extremely difficult for new-hires, few employment benefits
It's a good temp job
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Ogden, UTSeptember 13, 2016
I did outbound calls and cold emails all day. It's an okay job, but the amount of stress you get is NOT worth it. Perks are okay but doesn't make up for it.
Pros
Movies days, lots of PTO
Cons
Stress environment, Poor Management
I was my own boss
Verizon Fios Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VASeptember 1, 2016
This job consisted of me arriving to a Verizon wireless store to promote Verizon Fios to customers who came in for wireless needs. I learned how to push myself to meet my goals for the day. The management was okay. I was pretty much my own boss. the company I worked for was a third party company therefore I communicated with my boss through email a lot. I also was very well liked by the wireless team i worked beside.
Pros
interacting with people, promoting a great product, great incentives if sales were made.
Cons
Not having well communication with my boss other than email and occasional phone calls.
Good pay
Product Demonstrator (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UTAugust 17, 2016
Great pay and not very difficult. Great weekend jobs and got to travel some. Usually worked weekends for 8 hours a day in different locations near by. Overall is a great job to have part time.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Part time
Overall Good
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTAugust 1, 2016
First thing to know about Marketstar is they are contractual, meaning they bring businesses in to conduct business for them. While this typically means there is always work, it also means the workforce is always at risk of the client pulling their contract and people losing their jobs. Unfortunately when this happens, management has a habit of hiring external candidates to fill the holes rather than hiring those that are being let go due to the client taking away their positions.

Managers "Pride" themselves on Marketstar being a "Family" company, but I've never seen something done by management to portray that. Each action they take is done specifically to better their personal standings and they don't care about their employees because there is always someone else looking for a job. They have zero interest in keeping people internal when positions are released.
Review of field position
Field Representative (Current Employee) –  TexasJuly 26, 2016
I have worked in the field with Marketstar for several years. Overall, I manage myself which has been good and bad. I like setting my schedule and managing my territory on my own, but it's difficult when there is little communication with anyone else that I am supposed to be working with. Management definitely needs to communicate more with the field.

I like the company overall, but it isn't stable work and there is no room for advancement for field employees.
All jobs are interesting due to technical information
Retail Sales (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 18, 2016
A quality company that provides technical opportunities to learn new products and their benefits for customers. Each position with them has improved my understanding of something new.
Management is always available to help.
Co-workers we all get the same training and support each other well.
There is no hard hart to these jobs.
Most enjoyable is interacting with customers.
Pros
Usually get a free products of some kind
Cons
Assignments don't last long enough
Fun Job but not the most secure place to work unless you are a higher up.
Pre-Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  South Jordan, UTJuly 14, 2016
Typical days at work would very on where and what position you hold in the company as it supports may corporations. I learned a lot about the companies as I was hired by MarketStar but actually worked for the HP client.
One of the best perks of the job was my co-workers as I met and worked with a lot of great people. The unfortunate is that you would see a lot of people come and go as is the way of things in call centers.

The hardest part of the job was dealing with unruly partners when they were upset but that comes with the job.

I really enjoyed learning the product, it is a great skill I look to continue with it.

Overall I really liked working there
Pros
Free lunches if you are on the sales floor, but not for support teams.
Great place to work, more like a Family
Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UTJuly 12, 2016
Working with Marketstar was fun and it was more like family. They care about you as a person. You have some flexibility with the hours you work within reason. The management team makes sure you are informed of changes and how they will affect you. The executives all have open door policies and they make sure that you are welcome and they help out in any way that they can. They have groups within Marketstar to provide fun activities to thank the employees as well as get them out into the community to help others.
Pros
Lot of perks and fun activities
Great place
PRODUCT SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAMay 25, 2016
Long lasting friendships
Great customer service
Respectful
Overall great job.

Willing to work with you and your schedule.
Review of Product Specialist
Product Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lower Hudson ValleyMay 23, 2016
Typical day would be driving around to around 6 stores. You needed to hit 30 stores a week. Lots of driving, lots of time spent in the car, you can basically make your own schedule. The job was very micromanaged, and they wanted specific data from each visit. We were grossly underpaid for what other reps were making with other companies, especially for living in the NY Metro Area. Management were robots, and most of my co-workers I got along with, even though we rarely saw each other. Hardest part of the job was getting to speak to all the reps you would visit. Sometimes they were preoccupied with customers or just didn't want to speak to you and it was obvious. Learning all the competitors devices and my own was great, because you could easily speak to the better products from the specs alone. If the job paid more, then it would have been ideal, because I love speaking to customers and helping them change their minds on buying something from me.
Pros
Work-Life balance, schedule, training reps, weekends off, free devices to use, phone reimbursement
Cons
Salary was less than desirable for what the job had begun, and too much micromanaging. Lots of wear and tear on your car and not compensated enough for it.
Opportunity to work with a range of clients
Starbucks Coffee Brand Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Edgewater, NJApril 25, 2016
Very laid back sales job (little to no sales pressure) with plenty of paid training on a weekly basis. You become the ambassador of the brand of the location you are assigned to.
Work enviroment was very firm.
Sales agent (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDApril 21, 2016
Work day consisted of team meeting about company progress. Each worker is assigned a product and a store and is to market each item for the week.
Pros
good customer service
Cons
very low benefits
Rebuilding
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAApril 19, 2016
Great company, Rebuilding, I was there for a few years, and had a great time. They had layoffs each year I was there.I do not have anything more to say other than, Marketstar has great people.
Fun place to work
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Ogden, UTApril 11, 2016
I loved working here, not much I didnt like. Hate to leave. Fun environment to be in and everyone is super nice and willing to help you succeed.
Pros
Fun enviroment
Cons
nothing much

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MarketStar. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8