Markit On Demand Employee Reviews

Accountable at Markit On Demand
VP Revenue Management Accountant (Former Employee) –  Boulder, CONovember 19, 2015
The last three years’ my experience was managing the billing team’s invoicing processes every day of the month. This process included reviewing all setups and approving when the invoices and revenue are reported correct according to GAAP with respect to the intention of the written agreement’s legal language. Ordered all new invoicing, approving the proformas before the invoices was finalized insuring all details were not missed. I created detailed reports for the run rate and revenue detail, reporting my detailed analysis to the Accounting and Finance Directors review, plus countless adhoc reports. My accounting qualifications include exceptional knowledge using SAP, Microsoft Excel i.e. applications of mathematics, pivot tables, lookups and other functions. My involvement in month end close was complete to revenue accounts. Upon finishing the month end I created the run rate report detail monthly. I compared the future trends to current projections. Also provided the annually budget and forecast of revenue. Part of the month end process was to provide a complete variance analysis of last month’s forecast to the current month’s forecast including a narrative to explain the change. I have sixteen years in accounting, achieved my Bachelor of Science degree with an emphasis in accounting. I am interested in a position where my leadership abilities and expertise will be utilized and challenged.
Pros
I loved doing my job.
Cons
My department in Boulder closed and was moved to existing jobs in Dallas.
Learn a lot to move on to better things
Client Solutions (Former Employee) –  Boulder, CONovember 13, 2015
Management is all political and promotions arent necessarily for hard work but for who know. You learn a lot in a fast paced environment.
They do care about you, but they're not very cutting edge
Director (Current Employee) –  Boulder, COJuly 28, 2014
First of all, Markit is a very friendly and caring place to work. That said, their technical prowess is getting a little stale. The processes in place are mostly custom and has a long history, so it is hard for them to change the way they engineer software. Agile is still fairly non-existent here and we use subversion (visual sourcesafe still lingers in a few groups!)

Pay is below industry standard, which is made worse by the fact that Boulder is an expensive town to live in. The company was recently acquired by a larger company based in London, and they are slowly getting more "corporate-minded" and they just IPO'd. This means that getting the simplest requests, like more RAM, takes months. There is also a heavy process regarding performance reviews, and the IT is outsourced.

All in all, an ok place to work, if you can deal with lower pay and frustrating internal support.
Pros
Lots a free food, plenty of work, nice people
Cons
outdated processes, pay
Good place to start your career.
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Boulder, COApril 29, 2014
As a software engineer, this company is a very good place to start your career. You will be exposed to a wide range of technologies, and the culture is very friendly. You will get the chance to ask any question or learn anything you desire.

However the salary is on the lower end compare to other companies in the industry. And the technology they use is some what outdated.

Overall it's a great place for inexperienced people. But you might want to look for more advanced technologies after being here for a few years.
It's not the same company it used to be.
Web Developer (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COAugust 21, 2013
Typical day at work would be strict typical 9 - 5 job. This is a Microsoft shop, meaning you'll be working in either ASP Classic or C# .NET MVC3 in Visual Studio on a Windows machine.

Pros:
- Fresh coffee machines and free drinks!
- Dev University to give people early field experience.
- You can learn a lot at this company.
- Most people are open minded and listen to your suggestions too.

Cons:
- Very, very tight deadlines.
- Managers prefer code fast'n dirty instead of quality work.
- Very little respect from upper management.
- Project management was terrible, projects would be delayed and then further tighten schedules for other projects.
- Very difficult to grow your job.
- Production deployment system is archaic. You'll be lucky to publish a site to production without a problem let alone on time. Management doesn't think it's important to fix.

Hardest part of the job was working with my manager. Not sure how they got to be a manager with the way they treat their co-workers.

Most enjoyable part was probably getting your work recognized - a rare event.
Great entry into Project Management
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Boulder, COJanuary 13, 2013
Markit is a challenging environment and it behooves you to know a thing or two about financial data and web development.

Not knowing either makes it significantly more difficult, but if you pick things up quickly, it is still very possible to find satisfaction here.
Pros
relaxed office, snacks, living in one of the great towns in co, challenging, projects are highly visible.
Cons
pretty dull environment if you are a people person.
Challenging Fast Paced - high quantity of QA work - long hours expected
Sr QA Engineer/Lead/Release Manager (Current Employee) –  Boulder, CODecember 13, 2012
Non-stop work on the computer. High quantity of work. Some challenges in testing the new product software. Lots of talented people with a heads down, get the job done mentality. Personally, I like being super busy at work, so enjoyed the fast pace. Not much time for socializing so you really have to work at building friendships. Would have liked more team building.
Pros
great location, nice office
Cons
limited job growth

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Markit On Demand. Our community is ready to answer.

2.3