Marmen Energy Employee Reviews

Productive enviorment
Weld Operator (Former Employee) –  Brandon, SDMay 12, 2017
Pretty good company to start off in South Dakota. As for job work and life balance, it was difficult to adjust your body with the 5/4 schedule. I developed insomnia cause of it. Pay was good and so were to employees and employers
Unsafe work environment with abnormally high turnover rate.
welder (Current Employee) –  Brandon, SDJanuary 1, 2017
I've been at Marmen as a welder in long seam for 15 months now, and I can tell you there are not many happy people here in my area or other areas. During my interview, orientation, and in the first weeks of working at Marmen, HR and other office staff boasted about how the president of the company takes the time to introduce himself to all new hires, and you'll be going on a lunch with your supervisor soon for further introduction to the company. They don't actually do this. People who have been with Marmen since they came to SD 3 years ago were told the same thing but were also lied to. I would have been perfectly fine not hearing that, not being led to believe that this company is more interactive with their workforce than other companies I've worked for but instead they had to get me excited, but once they have you they don't care if you're happy, it would probably get in the way of production.
Pros
They pay relocation to sioux falls
Cons
Long hours, no preventative maintenance, lots of injuries.
welder
welder (Current Employee) –  SDNovember 2, 2016
i started out as entry level welder, knowing how to weld but not extremely confident with it. Jobs in my location were hard to get or come by cause a lot of them wanted so much experience. Marmen wont just hire anyone off the street, you do need to have some knowledge but you they do a lot of hands on training with you are are really open to helping you. they encourage you to ask questions but dont micromanage. its a good combination of supervision/independent working. they do in house certifications through the AWS too. I relocated from wyoming and had my moving expenses paid for. they were really good about working with me to get myself and family relocated to SD. starting pay was a lot higher than i expected too what i started out making was what experienced welders make in wyoming.
Pros
employees, management, pay, benefits, steady work
working with good people
welder (Former Employee) –  Brandon, SDAugust 6, 2015
just got out welding school and not knowing how to weld that much, I have learned a lot about welding. I enjoyed welding studs even though I was on my knee about 10 to 12 hours I still want to stay for more hours
phone interview
Interviewed for an NDT position (Former Employee) –  South DakotaJanuary 21, 2015
Marmen contacted me for possible relocation for an NDT position, and set up a phone interview. The first question asked was "what year did you graduate high school." Age discrimination doesn't affect me since I'm not that old, but it was a concerning way to start things off. Afterwards, a series of questions were asked about my previous employers and specific questions like "have you ever been terminated" were asked repeatedly, even though the answer was no. When any questions of Marmen were asked, no answers were given. All the while, the lady conducting the interview was talking into a speaker phone and it was very hard to make out what she was saying. When I mentioned that and asked if she could pick up the phone she ignored the request and continued asking questions. Afterwards, I was told to wait for a call back in 7 days, and if I never heard from them they were not interested. Seems like a very shady place.
Pros
South Dakota
Cons
Interview process
Productive and enjoyable job
Roller/Welder (Former Employee) –  Brandon, SDOctober 8, 2014
Typical day involved rolling steel out into cylinders.
I learned more production welding and how to operate overhead cranes.
Management was very good.
Hardest part of the job was the rotating shifts
Most enjoyable was finishing a can