Our Inside Sales team plays a vital role in attracting new merchant partners to join the Marqeta network, primarily focused on local merchants in key "everyday spend" categories.
You will be accountable for developing relationships with key merchants in our target verticals that ultimately lead to their joining the network. You will be expected to generate leads, develop relationships and regularly close new ‘sales’ on a weekly basis. The ideal candidate will be an experienced sales and business development professional who is capable of leading his/her own efforts while still contributing thought leadership, tools, approaches and relationships to the Sales team.
- Generate new business opportunities, making 50—100 calls per day to local and regional retailers.
- Generate target lists by performing research including but not limited to: ignition markets by region; retail categories by industry vertical; retailers who have previously offered daily deals; other creative ways to find qualified merchant retail partners.
- Follow up on previously generated leads and fielding incoming sales inquiries.
- Close merchant partners on a weekly basis.
- Help mold and define Marqeta’s growing Inside Sales process.
- 1—3 years professional work experience required
- Work experience with lead generation / qualification / selling and closing
- Confident and articulate with a professional phone presence
- Able to quickly pick up new technology and the associated vocabulary
- Driven by the excitement and reward of making the sale
- Positive attitude, able to deal with rejection on one call then handle the next call with a smile
- Experience with consumer payments, discounting, couponing and/or digital marketing, a plus
- Familiarity and experience with payments, transactional processing, a plus
- Self-motivated and highly organized
- Detail-oriented with strong time-management and problem-solving skills
Bachelor’s degree preferably in business, marketing or finance
Self-driven, results-oriented with a positive outlook, and a clear focus on high quality and business profit. A natural forward planner who critically assesses own performance. Reliable, tolerant, and determined. Empathic communicator, able to see things from the other person's point of view. Well presented and businesslike. At home in a high-paced, intense but informal start-up environment.
Position reports to: Chief Revenue Officer
To apply for the position, please answer the following 3 questions and submit, along with your resume:
1. Do you have experience in the loyalty / offers space? (Y/N)
2. Take a look at www.marqeta.com and give three reasons you think our product is valuable to consumers.
3. Do you have a car?
4. What are you salary requirements?