The Marcom/PR Manager will be responsible for developing our brand and telling the Marqeta story to our targeted audience – consumers, merchants and enterprises – and to the media and public at large. The ideal candidate is a communicator at heart and will help drive messaging and positioning as a key contributor on the marketing team. This role will tell the public story of Marqeta through interactions with the broader ecosystem (e.g. to analysts, through reports, social media, articles, blogs).
This position reports up to the Director of Marketing and may have one direct report.
*The Marcom/PR Manager must be able to*:
- Create a communications strategy for sharing content and establishing a presence over time that sketches a meaningful picture of who we are with our targeted audiences and that are aligned with business/marketing goals
- Drive PR strategy and initiatives for Marqeta including drafting press releases, award submissions, speaking submissions, internal communications and external blog content
- Significantly raise awareness of Marqeta’s brand, platform and thought leadership using social and traditional media; will lead the social media strategy and work closely with the Marketing Associate
- Build positive coverage of Marqeta’s platform amongst consumer, payments and e-commerce media, in terms of reviews and coverage
- Establish connections with targeted media who can share our stories with target customers
- Work with Marketing/Sales/Account Management teams to prepare and publish white papers, sell-sheets, videos, press releases, bylines, internal communications and other company literature and collateral
- Maintain strong analyst relationships for executive team
- Recommend relevant conferences for us to attend/present at and provide all conference support
- Remain plugged into what is happening in the industry, following hot trends and topics.
- Support company-wide key events, launches and milestones
- Be the relationship owner and main point-of-contact for any outsourced PR work
- Work closely with the Marketing Associate on social media direction and with Graphic Design for any needed collateral
At least 3-5+ years PR and / or marketing communications, ideally for an internet company
Needs to have excellent English written, verbal and presentation skills (including good grammar)
Must have experience creating and leading a social media strategy
Must enjoy living and breathing our brand; constantly engaging in the conversation and thinking about how to establish our presence with customers and in the industry
You are a proven storyteller, producing clear, compelling, and engaging writing for a range of audiences. You thrive when connecting, listening, and speaking with people
You are self-motivated, organized, and responsible, and can execute on multiple assignments under pressure with minimal supervision
Proficient with MS Office, Excel, and PowerPoint
Bachelor’s Degree required
Founded in 2010, Marqeta is an online-to-offline payments and commerce platform that gives consumers more money for the things they buy...