Marquardt Switches Employee Reviews in United States

Great people with a great atmosphere
Mechanical Design Engineer Intern (Former Employee) –  Cazenovia, NYApril 24, 2016
A typical day for me would entail to going to the morning meeting, entailing of problems from the night before (24 hour facility). I would then in an hour go to another meeting where people of different departments would communicate with each other about problems and what was done yesterday or last week. That would for most days be the last meeting and I would sit at my desk and work on the fixtures. All co-workers were great, respectful, and helpful.
Pros
Great benefits, people and location
Terrible place to work
SMT Operator (Former Employee) –  Cazenovia locationJanuary 27, 2016
I liked this place. Then one day asked supervisor how I was doing and if there was anything that I needed to improve on in doing my job better. She told me that there wasn't anything I needed to change or improve on as I was preforming my job duties running the SMT line 100% of expected and even exceeding their initial expectations on the job. Two hours later, they came and took me outside the area and informed me that I was being let go for "performance issues". I asked him what he meant and he told me all he was told was that I wasn't preforming up to expectations or getting out the quanity of product that they wanted and that I was being let go for it. I told him about what I asked the supervisor earlier that day on it and her reply. He understood but was just doing what he was told. Asked if I could talk to someone and defend my case but was informed that there wasn't and I was being let go.
Perhaps I cut my own throat by asking my direct supervisor about my job performance and trying to improve it even more, but if you're not allowed to ask questions or get feedback from those above you on same....then what's wrong with this company?.... Do yourself a favor people....DO NOT apply at this company. They'll use you, promise you it's a LONG TERM job and then toss you away once done with you or if you dare to question them on anything; even your performance. If you're thinking I'm still upset about it...the answer is yes. I'm just giving you fair warning on this place...the way you take it or what you do is your call....don't say I didn't warn you if you still apply here.
  more... I've talked to several people that have worked there;2 on the same SMT line, and they all told me simuliar stories to mine and would never refer ANYONE to work there as well.
You've been duly warned....good luck.
Pros
the job has potential
Cons
management lies to face, lets you go if ask for feedback on improving performance
love working with anyone
Production Associate (Former Employee) –  Cazenovia, NYApril 7, 2016
i like to work with no hesitation not being shy or anything i believe if you want the Money you have to work for it. there are hard time working in places but when you work hard the achievement will be much softer for rest of you're life.
Great place to work, friendly people, and great atmosphere.
Electrical Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Cazenovia, NYJune 2, 2015
After a couple weeks of being "babysitted" as the intern, I was given quite a lot of autonomy and I'd get into work and jump into what I was doing. All of my questions were quickly answered and the fellow engineers were very knowledgeable. I learned a lot about the R&D lifecycle of a product and learned so much about what I'm looking for in a job. I was a pretty green student at this point, but I learned a lot on the job and was able to pick up quickly on everything and learning the software and equipment in the lab with the help of the senior engineers. They were very patient with me and I appreciated this a lot.
Pros
Autonomy, great coworkers, great management, friendly people
Cons
Pay was meager
Good Start
SMT Cell Leader (Former Employee) –  Cazenovia, NYJanuary 20, 2014
I started when I was 19 and it was a good company to start at. Good place to get experience and move up in. Management would be better if they really had more hands on experience in order to really understand how things operate. its a very team originated place so you're close to your co-workers. I really enjoyed teaching others. Nothing makes me more happy then to continue learning and teaching others.
Pros
merrit raises, vacation and personal time up front, year wage review
Cons
lack of breaks
A productive workplace with a dedicated staff
Electrical Engineering Technician (Former Employee) –  Cazenovia, NYSeptember 16, 2014
Come in create circuit boards, view them on the AOI, repair defective parts, move them on to the next line. Most co-workers were disappointed because they were promised better positions when starting, and also because the 3,and 6 month review never happened and most were laid off before reviews came in or moved to other shifts..
Pros
good benefits
Cons
short breaks, no reviews, disjointed hours
Productive workplace
Assembly Line Associate (Former Employee) –  Cazenovia, NYMarch 12, 2013
My experience working on an assembly line had its pros and cons. The compensation was decent, and you absolutely work for it. With the position being so repetative and constant, time would go by very slowly and sitting in one place for long periods of time isnt ideal for me. It wasnt the most stable positions either as it had its winter lay off while i was employed there. It wasnt all bad though, there was a mix of different types of people who were employed, and as you were working on the line, you were able to chat and or listen to music which is deffinately a mental therapeutic plus!
Efficient and productive professionally and personally
Six Sigma Operations Intern (Former Employee) –  Cazenovia, NYJune 3, 2015
Used to go every Friday and work for few hours. Most of the work was from home and my manager was very supportive, interactive.
Friendly Atmosphere with excellent co-workers
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Cazenovia, NYMay 14, 2014
Co-workers are some of the best I've had the pleasure working with. Atmosphere is fast paced, but friendly and at times, quite jovial. The hardest part of the job can be extended hours on your feet. A 10 hour day offers 50 mins of reprieve on your feet. The most enjoyable part of the day is the comraderie with my co-workers.
Pros
excellent healthcare benefits, above average wages
Cons
wear and tear on your feet
Excellent family oriented
Team leader (Former Employee) –  Cazenovia, NYOctober 16, 2014
Very family oriented and maintained state of the art quality.
Being automotive a high quality standard is expected from everyone and by rights should be in all life choices for economic growth.
Pros
excellent 401k benefits
Cons
na
the atmoshere is fun
Test Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  Cazenovia, NYApril 22, 2014
My typical day at work is keeping track of the testing that I am running stay on time, writing test reports.
The management and co-workers are very friendly and easy to get along with.
The hardest part of the job is when it slows down, because it is kind of heard to keep busy at times.
I would have to say everything that i do at work is a joy.
Good people good company
Material Expediter Intern (Former Employee) –  Cazenovia, NYFebruary 12, 2015
As an intern the people i worked with were welcoming to me and they gave me the opportunity i needed to graduate from college.

It is a manufacturing environment. It is busy always and stressful at times. it is a family owned global auto switch producer.

I would say its a good place to work but it is very busy.
Great work environment to work
Production Associate (Former Employee) –  Cazenovia, NYJuly 20, 2013
I enjoyed most of the day at work
I learned to be a hard worker, time management and responsibilities of a worker for the employer.
I never feel hard to work in Marquardt.
Pros
free lunches on thanksgiving
Cons
10 min short breaks, vacation pay, day off on our cultural day.
It was an okay place to work.
Document Control Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cazenovia, NYMarch 15, 2015
I was able to start out on the floor as an assembler and the move into the office (Engineering Department) and learn many new software packages.
its really interesting and good field to explore the knowledge of electronic component and its usages.
Production Associate (Former Employee) –  Cazenovia, NYJanuary 19, 2014
In SMT there is different station like shouldering, THT 1, 2, 3, Action pin 1 and 2 , assembling line 2, 3, and 4 and router or Depanel .So far I have operate all of the station and I have knowledge of it. Meanwhile My typical days in Marquardt switches begain with the paper work and its setup. like right product number, PCB( printed circuit board) number, program number, right fixture for ICT testing , right gripper, and sufficient router bit, adjusting the conveyer belt, inspecting the PCB for any defect by comparing the blueprint and signing the confirmation sheet to run the THT line. keeping record of work performance in the computer. handling the changeover. fill the PCB in right trays and into bean. fill the confirmation sheet for each bean and handing to the cell leader to be confirm, stacking the confirm product in supermarket, taking care of crab PCB and doing its paper work. I have learn company rule, regulation ,its policies and how switches PCB board like GM, Mercedes, Pem, Win, Freightliner, and Tesla are assemble, and also electronic component pads resistant, capacitor and LEDs feature, its function, component placement position in the circuit, and its usages. work management process are all simple ,reliable, effective and safe. Company not just care about production and employee but it also care about environment. each station have its on paper and its on process. Co-worker during working in Marquardt SMT specially in our shift were picky. I find out some where crazy humilator on their race, their dress, education, and their religion. most where game player messing  more... other bussiness, messaging negative back and forth, creating misunderstanding and illusion. few I find out alright who enjoy the job, do what they come for, In work prospective I don't find any hardest part. I enjoy every minute of work time. the most enjoyable part of the job was changeover. which is busy.  less
Pros
company does provide free lunch during the specially festival.
Cons
we to have 2 break of 10 minutes and one lunch of 30 minutes, work zone was safe, free of cluster, company does provide us health benefit and 401k.
Growing Company
Manager, Program Management (Current Employee) –  Rochester Hills, MIJanuary 1, 2015
Company is growing organically, by increased business year over year, providing many opportunities for those who want to work,
Pros
growing, many opportunties
Cons
young staff, less experienced.
Great and Rewarding Experience
Production Intern (Former Employee) –  Cazenovia, NYJuly 21, 2014
As a production intern, I mainly collected data and created processes that made the daily tasks at Marquardt run better. It was great pay, and a low stress environment, where as long as tasks were done well, there would be no problem. The managers were all extremely nice and helpful.
Pros
good pay, see the difference you make, friendly environment
Cons
at a computer all day, short lunch break
Fast Paced
Process Engineer (Current Employee) –  cazenovia,nyFebruary 26, 2013
ok place to work, management team is a little weak though. Not many advancment opportunities
Very fun to work for, but very serious at the same time very very nice place to work
Quality Technician (Former Employee) –  Cazenovia, NYOctober 5, 2013
My typical day varied from analyzing parts to data entry.
I also organized sorts with the wharehouse personnel and the production floor , worked with logistics creating re-work orders using SAP. I also worked with the quality team (manager, director) and engineers on first time capability ,or auditing of machines to lower the fallout rate.
Pros
free lunch, unlimited overtime
Stong global leader in automotive switches
Supply Chain Intern (Former Employee) –  Cazenovia, NYOctober 6, 2014
Worked on my professional skill set in a strong, global environment.