Marquardt Switches Employee Reviews

Lacks leadership and organization
Warehouse Support (Former Employee) –  Cazenovia, NYMarch 13, 2017
would not work there again. Poor organization and no employee recognition. The harder you work, the harder they try to get rid of you. do not treat employees very well.
Quality Technician quality auditor (Former Employee) –  Cazenovia, NYJanuary 17, 2017
This is a great place to work. It has a great culture and the people there are great to work with. This is a place where you can grow in a company. Over all a great place to work.
Pros
Growth
Cons
Long days
Productivity fun with teamwork
Production Associate (Former Employee) –  Cazenovia, NYJanuary 14, 2017
I work with people that are hard worker
My co-worker is the finest guy
I learned making automobiles and stimulate and mold automobile parts
I enjoyed working there
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Cazenovia, NYJanuary 11, 2017
I was assigned to different positions and enjoyed the different responsibilities and challenges.

Management selected me to work overtime as needed.

Enjoyed working with co-workers and working independently.
Pros
Enjoyed the job
Cons
Left for higher paying position
good company
Production Associate (Former Employee) –  Cazenovia, NYDecember 9, 2016
it is good place to work. nice workers and good pay. good environment for working and the pay rate is reasonable. very clean and nice place to work. co- workers are helpful
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Cazenovia, NYSeptember 15, 2016
They work with many different power tools and countries they are always doing different things with outside companies it's a great place for some one who is wanting to build a career 401 is good benefits are excellent
Pros
All of it
Cons
No cons
Marquard switches inc
Production Associate (Former Employee) –  Cazenovia, NYAugust 30, 2016
Maquadt switches Inc had very great health care benifits that they offered to each and everyone of of their employee's.
Warehouse Lead (Former Employee) –  Cazenovia, NYJuly 13, 2016
The hours are long for me anyway i put in a lot of overtime i loved working there it was fun and always something to do. the job was very fast paced and the people that i worked with were a good bunch of pepole.
Pros
lot of overtime
Cons
Globally based productive company.
Development Intern (Current Employee) –  Cazenovia, NYJune 3, 2016
Management is lacking; self sustaining production plant company; decent friendly work force. Unpaid lunch time, played games with the co-workers; not worth working an hour for free.
Great people with a great atmosphere
Mechanical Design Engineer Intern (Former Employee) –  Cazenovia, NYApril 24, 2016
A typical day for me would entail to going to the morning meeting, entailing of problems from the night before (24 hour facility). I would then in an hour go to another meeting where people of different departments would communicate with each other about problems and what was done yesterday or last week. That would for most days be the last meeting and I would sit at my desk and work on the fixtures. All co-workers were great, respectful, and helpful.
Pros
Great benefits, people and location
love working with anyone
Production Associate (Former Employee) –  Cazenovia, NYApril 7, 2016
i like to work with no hesitation not being shy or anything i believe if you want the Money you have to work for it. there are hard time working in places but when you work hard the achievement will be much softer for rest of you're life.
Terrible place to work
SMT Operator (Former Employee) –  Cazenovia locationJanuary 27, 2016
I liked this place. Then one day asked supervisor how I was doing and if there was anything that I needed to improve on in doing my job better. She told me that there wasn't anything I needed to change or improve on as I was preforming my job duties running the SMT line 100% of expected and even exceeding their initial expectations on the job. Two hours later, they came and took me outside the area and informed me that I was being let go for "performance issues". I asked him what he meant and he told me all he was told was that I wasn't preforming up to expectations or getting out the quanity of product that they wanted and that I was being let go for it. I told him about what I asked the supervisor earlier that day on it and her reply. He understood but was just doing what he was told. Asked if I could talk to someone and defend my case but was informed that there wasn't and I was being let go.
Perhaps I cut my own throat by asking my direct supervisor about my job performance and trying to improve it even more, but if you're not allowed to ask questions or get feedback from those above you on same....then what's wrong with this company?.... Do yourself a favor people....DO NOT apply at this company. They'll use you, promise you it's a LONG TERM job and then toss you away once done with you or if you dare to question them on anything; even your performance. If you're thinking I'm still upset about it...the answer is yes. I'm just giving you fair warning on this place...the way you take it or what you do is your call....don't say I didn't warn you if you still apply here.
  more... I've talked to several people that have worked there;2 on the same SMT line, and they all told me simuliar stories to mine and would never refer ANYONE to work there as well.
You've been duly warned....good luck.
Pros
the job has potential
Cons
management lies to face, lets you go if ask for feedback on improving performance
fast pace. Most are friendly!
Molding department (Current Employee) –  Cazenovia NyJuly 29, 2015
Management can take more of an understanding how much the molding department has to do. I feel like we get swept under a rug cause everyone thinks the job is cake and all molding does is label bins and ship out finished product. When there is so much more to the job with audits every hour many mold changes including cleaning the whole press of resin, runners, molded parts, paperwork then turning around and putting new resin in, new paperwork and keeping up with 7 other presses and making sure everything is clean and swept, answering all alarms. It can be very hectic and it being 100 degrees in molding doesn't help! Its a good company and good job as long as your super motivated. Management just needs better knowledge on how much molding actually does and goes through on a daily bases! Pay isn't bad but could be better! Everyone in molding cares and loves the job! Molding just needs to know there more appreciated!!
Pros
always moving around never in one spot! Vacation up front. lots of friendly people!
Cons
Certain departments not treated as well as other departments!
Efficient and productive professionally and personally
Six Sigma Operations Intern (Former Employee) –  Cazenovia, NYJune 3, 2015
Used to go every Friday and work for few hours. Most of the work was from home and my manager was very supportive, interactive.
Great place to work, friendly people, and great atmosphere.
Electrical Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Cazenovia, NYJune 2, 2015
After a couple weeks of being "babysitted" as the intern, I was given quite a lot of autonomy and I'd get into work and jump into what I was doing. All of my questions were quickly answered and the fellow engineers were very knowledgeable. I learned a lot about the R&D lifecycle of a product and learned so much about what I'm looking for in a job. I was a pretty green student at this point, but I learned a lot on the job and was able to pick up quickly on everything and learning the software and equipment in the lab with the help of the senior engineers. They were very patient with me and I appreciated this a lot.
Pros
Autonomy, great coworkers, great management, friendly people
Cons
Pay was meager
It was an okay place to work.
Document Control Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cazenovia, NYMarch 15, 2015
I was able to start out on the floor as an assembler and the move into the office (Engineering Department) and learn many new software packages.
Good people good company
Material Expediter Intern (Former Employee) –  Cazenovia, NYFebruary 12, 2015
As an intern the people i worked with were welcoming to me and they gave me the opportunity i needed to graduate from college.

It is a manufacturing environment. It is busy always and stressful at times. it is a family owned global auto switch producer.

I would say its a good place to work but it is very busy.
Growing Company
Manager, Program Management (Current Employee) –  Rochester Hills, MIJanuary 1, 2015
Company is growing organically, by increased business year over year, providing many opportunities for those who want to work,
Pros
Growing, many opportunties
Cons
Young staff, less experienced.
Excellent family oriented
Team leader (Former Employee) –  Cazenovia, NYOctober 16, 2014
Very family oriented and maintained state of the art quality.
Being automotive a high quality standard is expected from everyone and by rights should be in all life choices for economic growth.
Pros
Excellent 401k benefits
Cons
NA
Stong global leader in automotive switches
Supply Chain Intern (Former Employee) –  Cazenovia, NYOctober 6, 2014
Worked on my professional skill set in a strong, global environment.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Marquardt Switches. Our community is ready to answer.

Marquardt Switches Reviews by Location