Process outgoing referrals. Interface with Director of Client Services in the scheduling of outgoing referrals. Track and report outgoing referral volumes and associated attributes.
Essential duties include but are not limited to
- Process all outgoing referrals
- Coordinate the appropriate location, time and schedule appointments once approved by Insurance ( PPO /WC/ HMO )
- Track all outgoing referrals.
- Manage patient accounts
o Obtain specialists reports/ test results prior to follow ups
o Call to remind work comp patients of follow up appointments
o Inform doctors if treatment requested has not been approved to determine if follow up should be kept or postponed
- Communicate any problems or client complaints directly and immediately to the Director of Client Services
- Meet deadlines for work assignments
- Maintain thorough documentation of any communication with clients/patients/ insurance
- Perform related work as requested
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Bilingual- Spanish / English
- Excellent understanding of Workers' Compensation rules and regulations
- A Desire to meet and exceed clients’ needs and expectations.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Programs (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Communicate and work professionally with other staff to ensure efforts are coordinated and high quality services is provided
- Excellent telephone manners and etiquette.
- Detail oriented and highly organized
- Ability to read, understand and follow oral and written directions; speak clearly and concisely; complete assigned projects and meet deadlines
- Willingness to take on added responsibilities and projects as requested by upper management.
- Ability to correctly complete an employer registration form, request for authorization form and physical protocol forms
- Ability to professionally interact with clients, patients and insurances
- Sufficient knowledge of English grammar, punctuation and spelling to correctly enter patient information into the computer.
- Previous billing experience a plus.
Education: High school education required; college education and/or one to two years trade school preferred.
Experience: One year experience in a similar position, preferably related to Healthcare and/or Workers' Compensation. Computer, word processing experience a must.
Marque Urgent Care is the go-to clinic for immediate walk-in care and emergencies. Whereas many other practices claim to offer urgent care...