Marquette University Employee Reviews

Student
Introductory Biology Lab (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WINovember 20, 2017
As a student there is a lot of work that goes into learning as well as socializing. The labs allow for learning of basic practice of lab safety and techniques.
Great teaching assistant-ships available
Public Speaking Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WINovember 11, 2017
Working and studying at the same time can be a delicate balance however the reward you receive by helping other students reach their dreams is worth every challenge!
Nice Place to Work
Digital Media Specialist (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIOctober 6, 2017
It is a very nice place to work, everyone is friendly and willing to help. There is not a lot of job advancement if you are staff.

There is also a lot of downtimes that you need to fill with projects. If you cant fill them with something you feel like you are not doing enough at t your job.
Nice job
Residence Hall Director (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIOctober 6, 2017
This was a great working environment. Everybody was really nice and it was a nice comfortable situation since my position was just temporary. The students were a big benefit too.
Good place to be employed
Maintenance Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WISeptember 29, 2017
Atmosphere is good. Benefits are great. Most of the co-workers are great people to work with. Management is understanding and helps to provide a better working environment.
Pros
Job security
Cons
Communting
Very Flexible Hours
Wired Web Team (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WISeptember 28, 2017
The Wired Web Team assisted all the students that experienced any hardware or software issues getting their computers connected to the universities network.
Got to meet a lot of other students. I wasn't a propeller head so people really liked seeing me all the time. Got to network with a lot of other students.
Pros
Flexible Hours
Cons
Low Pay
Great department
Environmental Health & Safety Technician (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WISeptember 27, 2017
I worked in the Environmental Health & Safety department at Marquette as a student employee. I loved the work as it was extremely independent and required a lot of moving around between buildings which made time go quickly. This was a sort of internship that I worked 10-20 hours a week during school and closer to 30-40 during the summer.
Pros
management, freedom
Cons
internship level
Intellectual growth.
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WISeptember 14, 2017
Everyone here wants to help you grow in your field and as an intellectual. Help is always available to those who ask and highly intelligent staff are reliable mentors.
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WISeptember 11, 2017
My position was as a graduate research assistant. From this perspective it seemed like most other graduate schools. The graduate engineering program is small allowing more personal interactions with the faculty.
Educational Experience
Executive Assistant to the Chair (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WISeptember 10, 2017
Lack of position direction, main aspects of job were not clearly defined. Poor Management non-accommodating of those with disabilities, no on-site staff training.
Great staff and environment
Tennis Instructor (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WISeptember 5, 2017
Fun work environment and flexible hours. Management lets you run wild with little involvement, but its still a worthwhile place to work if you are a student and looking for a part-time position.
Committed to Academic Success
OB Clinical Faculty Instructor (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WISeptember 2, 2017
Excellent Employer. Holds high standards for students as well as staff and promotes an atmosphere that is conducive to learning. Has a vested interest in student success
Nice place to do graduate studies
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJuly 31, 2017
Good course work in Biomedical Engineering
State of the art research work from many faculties.
Good place for having industry exposure during school.
Marquette University
Secretary/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJuly 12, 2017
Highly recommend getting a job in one of the department at Marquette University. It doesn't only get you some money but some good practice in a high intense line of work load. Also the people you meet along the way makes it a better experience.
Too Many Cooks
Senior Web Strategist (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJune 26, 2017
I enjoyed my time at Marquette, but was hamstrung by poorly coordinated inter-department management. Innovation was hamstrung by the risk averse culture.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
Poor management
Relaxed atmosphere with adequate equipment
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJune 20, 2017
Good place to work at. It was seasonal work so there weren't advancement opportunities. The pay was fair and the manager was easy to work with. I would have liked more chances to work with a team.
Good working environment
Assistant Director of Athletics (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJune 19, 2017
The athletics department at Marquette has changed a great deal since i worked there in the 90's and early 2000's but the environment at the time was excellent.
Associate Vice President (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJune 15, 2017
Very pleased with my experience. MU is a fantastic university with great people leading it. I've worked there for over 17 years and still enjoy it very much.
Marquette Opus College of Engineering
Teaching Assistant (TA) (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJune 13, 2017
Being a teaching assistant for the first year engineering student course was a very useful and enjoyable experience. I was able to teach new students about computer aided design and was able to expand on my own abilities in using this technology.
Pros
Great Pay
Cons
Max hours
I love it, it's a great place to work. I've learned a lot of different ways to do projects & operate machines. Since being here, my skills have expand
Custodian (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMay 17, 2017
I've been an employee for about 5 yrs, the students are very kind & friendly. It's a great place to build a career, great benefits. I'm become stronger in this field, and more dedicated. This is a career I definitely wanna continue to pursue. I feel my skills can take me to the top.
Pros
After 5 yrs of employement you can take classes for free.
Cons
Not a full 80 job.