Marquette University

Marquette University Employer Reviews

Amazing institution built with wonderful people
Assistant Director - Prospect Management (Current Employee), Milwaukee, WIDecember 1, 2014
I can't say enough about Marquette, it has been the largest single institution in my life and I am honored to be part of its family. As a workplace, its benefits and work-life balance are unmatched
College Job
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WINovember 30, 2014
It sufficed to receive additional credits, as well as gave me insight on working with research. I did data analysis and content analysis, and conducted interviews... Overall it was a positive experience while at Marquette.
Poor compensation, poor management- Great Students!
Administrative (Current Employee), Milwaukee, WIOctober 28, 2014
Horrible pay, expensive benefit pkgs., with high out of pocket costs in relation to compensation. Insurance premium increase of 10% annually.

Employer charges Parking Fees to Employee utilizing any parking lot (around $80 a month).

Merit raises for employee (rated 4/5 scale) is 1%. Doesn't matter what you are rated all staff are given same raise.

Employees are requested to make regular donations BACK to the school. (voluntary)

Continual work load increases w/o compensation or comp-time

From the top to the bottom - management is poor at best, and retained.
New management is shown how to intimidate, and lead with a stick.
No On-boarding for new hires which sets employees up to fail, or driven away resulting in a high turnover rate. Employees are continually absorbing this extra work.

High crime location

Positives-

Tuition compensation for employee (that is accepted into a program)

Dependent Tuition compensation- After employee has worked full time for 5 years.

Retirement benefit they match your 5% with 8%. Too bad majority of staff can't afford the 5%

GROW classes - if employee is able to attend during workday.

Best part- The students and faculty- I found, professionally and personally enriching! I figured out how to gain a ton of experience and knowledge!
Fun, lots to learn here
Teaching assistant (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WisconsinOctober 17, 2014
Marquette University is a well-known Catholic University located in Milwaukee Wisconsin.
As a graduate student, served as teaching assistant for about a year, I really enjoy it.
Its open-minded environment gives your tons of opportunities to strengthen yourself in many different ways.
Productive and fun work place.
Housekeeping/Custodial (Former Employee), Milwaukee,WIOctober 14, 2014
Supervisors allowed you to work independent as long as you got the job done and remained productive.
Awesome Place to work
IT Support Specialist (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WISeptember 24, 2014
Marquette University-ITS is the best place to work, I loved working there.
Lacking in Diversity
Office Assistant (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WISeptember 2, 2014
Marquette claims to be a diversified workplace but working there proved to be far from it.
Great University
WashMarq Team (Former Employee), MilwaukeeAugust 13, 2014
A top university with even more potential. Great coworkers and great students. Plenty of opportunity to give back to the community.
Productive, enjoyable
ORGANIC CHEMISTRY TUTOR (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIAugust 1, 2014
Staff was great and fair, student very fun, learned more about teaching
Nice workplace with good working environment
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIJuly 15, 2014
I worked in the international business office of graduate school of management. My responsibility included gathering data, performing data analysis and producing presentation PPTs for professors. I also assisted with recruiting and produced newsletters. I communicated with international students in a routine basis. Event organizing is also a part of my job.
I polished up my skills of using Microsoft Office and researching. My communication skills had been improved through working.
Fun campus job with a diverse group of team members
Upward Bound Resource Manager (Current Employee), Milwaukee, WIJune 25, 2014
Pros: very flexible
Cons: still used paper forms instead of computers
Managed tutoring services on a MS Access database for over 100 students. This position strengthened my communication skills while working with students and professionals. I was able to use my leadership skills in developing a new method of scheduling for the program. The most enjoyable part was the fun, friendly, and flexible work environment.
Fixed Computers
Lead Resident Hall Aide / Technical Aide (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIMay 15, 2014
Started working in the lab and then moved on to fixing all computer related issues in dorms and staff office. Worked with web designers on specific web page projects.
Basic office skills
Student Caller (Current Employee), Milwaukee, WIApril 29, 2014
Very basic office skills and communication skills required. Very laid back.
Great company to work for
General Manager Sodexo (Former Employee), Milwaukee WisconsinApril 3, 2014
Wish I had never left, to take another job for more money. The balance that I had there of work and family was worth more than money.
Wonderful job with wonderful people
Audio and Visual Technician (Current Employee), Milwaukee, WIMarch 25, 2014
A typical day at work would include setting up different types of audio and visual technology in different rooms throughout the Alumni Memorial Union. Asking the building manager if he or she needs any help would come next, and if they don't need you to do anything then there is a lot of sitting until someone needs you to do something. I continue to learn a lot more about different technology. My co-workers are all really nice and helpful.
Great Place to work
Teacher Assistant For Excel Class (Current Employee), Milwaukee, WIFebruary 23, 2014
Going and helping teach the class is a great opportunity. I have learned a lot from the people I work with along with the students. I like knowing that I made a difference when I help someone understand a concept or task they are struggling with.
Great facility to work at
Custodian (Former Employee), Milwaukee,WIFebruary 17, 2014
Maintaining a clean campus for students, staff, and visitors to the campus. My co workers were great and so was management.
Great boss and coworkers. Great work culture.
Administrative Secretary (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIFebruary 11, 2014
Pros: coworkers and work culture were great. boss too.
Cons: drive time to downtown milwaukee was a downer.
Daily work experience was challenging yet fun. A real learning experience. Hardest part of my job was making the cold calls. Most enjoyable part of my job was talking to diverse personalities day in and day out.
Caring Advisor
Research Assistant (Current Employee), Milwaukee, WIDecember 5, 2013
My experience at Marquette continues to excite me every day. With an advisor who mould me into an independent so that l can succeed in the workplace after school, l would not ask for more.
Active - Fun to work with students.
Administrative Secretary (Current Employee), Milwaukee, WINovember 29, 2013
Always changing; always learning.
Busy, detailed work with clinicals, students schedule, administrative work.

Work alone, with student work study.