Marquette University

Marquette University United States Employee Reviews

Great University
International Student Ambassador (Current Employee), Milwaukee, WIApril 14, 2015
I'm currently studying as an undergraduate student at Marquette University and doing part-time job as International Ambassador at MU international office.
Love Marquette University
Chairperson of Graduate Student Committee (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIApril 8, 2015
campus is beautiful, good professors, Library has lots of good features, books and e-books. strong dental school and law school
A higher education institution
Receptionist (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIApril 8, 2015
Pros: About six weeks off in the summer
Cons: Watching favorite students leave
There was a switchboard constantly ringing, calls to be transferred and messages to be taken. Making sure calls were tracked and routed properly. Money for parking was collected tallied and turned into the correct person each day. Registration screening for new patients was tracked. Students were paged for clinic work on patients. Twice a day the front desk was very busy and hectic.
Many patients needed expensive dental work that could be met financially through having students do the work. Students needed the patients to meet their school requirements of learning their art.
Co-workers had to work very closely with each other in a very confined space. Each person took turns doing various tasks.
The hardest part of the job was making sure the students received their messages if their patients had a problem.
The most enjoyable part of the job was watching students after two years of clinic graduate and receive their DDS title.
Decent place
Marketing Assistant (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIFebruary 16, 2015
The management for Sodexo was awful, and they forced work hours and made you feel bad if you couldn't work certain hours because of school. They basically expected you not to go to class.
Best job on campus
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIFebruary 5, 2015
Faculty members are helpful, kind and caring. The job was well-paid and merit-based. Love the place, love my employers.
This is my wonderful experiance
Teaching Assistant and Research Assistant (Current Employee), Milwaukee, WIDecember 8, 2014
In the campus, people is very nice. I have a wonderful life here.
Amazing institution built with wonderful people
Assistant Director - Prospect Management (Current Employee), Milwaukee, WIDecember 1, 2014
I can't say enough about Marquette, it has been the largest single institution in my life and I am honored to be part of its family. As a workplace, its benefits and work-life balance are unmatched
College Job
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WINovember 30, 2014
It sufficed to receive additional credits, as well as gave me insight on working with research. I did data analysis and content analysis, and conducted interviews... Overall it was a positive experience while at Marquette.
Poor compensation, poor management- Great Students!
Administrative (Current Employee), Milwaukee, WIOctober 28, 2014
Horrible pay, expensive benefit pkgs., with high out of pocket costs in relation to compensation. Insurance premium increase of 10% annually.

Employer charges Parking Fees to Employee utilizing any parking lot (around $80 a month).

Merit raises for employee (rated 4/5 scale) is 1%. Doesn't matter what you are rated all staff are given same raise.

Employees are requested to make regular donations BACK to the school. (voluntary)

Continual work load increases w/o compensation or comp-time

From the top to the bottom - management is poor at best, and retained.
New management is shown how to intimidate, and lead with a stick.
No On-boarding for new hires which sets employees up to fail, or driven away resulting in a high turnover rate. Employees are continually absorbing this extra work.

High crime location

Positives-

Tuition compensation for employee (that is accepted into a program)

Dependent Tuition compensation- After employee has worked full time for 5 years.

Retirement benefit they match your 5% with 8%. Too bad majority of staff can't afford the 5%

GROW classes - if employee is able to attend during workday.

Best part- The students and faculty- I found, professionally and personally enriching! I figured out how to gain a ton of experience and knowledge!
Fun, lots to learn here
Teaching assistant (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WisconsinOctober 17, 2014
Marquette University is a well-known Catholic University located in Milwaukee Wisconsin.
As a graduate student, served as teaching assistant for about a year, I really enjoy it.
Its open-minded environment gives your tons of opportunities to strengthen yourself in many different ways.
Productive and fun work place.
Housekeeping/Custodial (Former Employee), Milwaukee,WIOctober 14, 2014
Supervisors allowed you to work independent as long as you got the job done and remained productive.
Awesome Place to work
IT Support Specialist (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WISeptember 24, 2014
Marquette University-ITS is the best place to work, I loved working there.
Lacking in Diversity
Office Assistant (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WISeptember 2, 2014
Marquette claims to be a diversified workplace but working there proved to be far from it.
Great University
WashMarq Team (Former Employee), MilwaukeeAugust 13, 2014
A top university with even more potential. Great coworkers and great students. Plenty of opportunity to give back to the community.
Productive, enjoyable
ORGANIC CHEMISTRY TUTOR (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIAugust 1, 2014
Staff was great and fair, student very fun, learned more about teaching
Nice workplace with good working environment
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIJuly 15, 2014
I worked in the international business office of graduate school of management. My responsibility included gathering data, performing data analysis and producing presentation PPTs for professors. I also assisted with recruiting and produced newsletters. I communicated with international students in a routine basis. Event organizing is also a part of my job.
I polished up my skills of using Microsoft Office and researching. My communication skills had been improved through working.
Fun campus job with a diverse group of team members
Upward Bound Resource Manager (Current Employee), Milwaukee, WIJune 25, 2014
Pros: very flexible
Cons: still used paper forms instead of computers
Managed tutoring services on a MS Access database for over 100 students. This position strengthened my communication skills while working with students and professionals. I was able to use my leadership skills in developing a new method of scheduling for the program. The most enjoyable part was the fun, friendly, and flexible work environment.
Fixed Computers
Lead Resident Hall Aide / Technical Aide (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIMay 15, 2014
Started working in the lab and then moved on to fixing all computer related issues in dorms and staff office. Worked with web designers on specific web page projects.
Basic office skills
Student Caller (Current Employee), Milwaukee, WIApril 29, 2014
Very basic office skills and communication skills required. Very laid back.
Great company to work for
General Manager Sodexo (Former Employee), Milwaukee WisconsinApril 3, 2014
Wish I had never left, to take another job for more money. The balance that I had there of work and family was worth more than money.

1 2 3