Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews

Found 4,026 reviews matching the search
Call center environment, got to deal with lots of guests, and many computer systems
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NESeptember 24, 2016
Marriott is a great company that values their employees. I enjoyed my coworkers but being in a call center there isn't too much time for talking with them besides breaks. Marriott did a good job at having events outside for us to mingle and get up out of the chair.
Pros
Management was very helpful, good benifits
Cons
Sitting for long periods of time
Great company
Guest Services Manager (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NESeptember 23, 2016
This was the first hotel I ever worked at, and it was a brand-new facility we even had to move in the beds and install the showers. We started from the ground up we build the team and it ended up being an award-winning Springhill suites. Since then Marriott international has become my most favorite brand and by far is my biggest dream is to become a manager or owner of a Marriott international hotel or for them to pick up my idea of my version of a hotel
Cons
Vacation room discounts 401(k) PTO FMLA
Not a great place to worj
Complimentary Breakfast Utility (Current Employee) –  North Charleston, SCSeptember 6, 2016
Not a great company to work for. Being human is most unacceptable and they'll tell you about undocumented policies that cost you your job.
Horrible company
Lead Server/Trainer (Current Employee) –  Palm Desert, CASeptember 5, 2016
They will treat you like a # or backstab you there is a ton of favoritism and if they don't like you they will make your life a living heartache
Pros
Weekly pay
Cons
Lack of hours and mgrs won't listen
Beautiful Company to Work For
Front Desk Associate (Current Employee) –  Florence, ALAugust 31, 2016
My training at the Marriott Shoals Hotel & Spa was very thorough and it has carried me well into my career. It's management team is strong and they believe in promoting with in. Everyone has equal opportunity and you really do feel like you are part of a family. The job can be very demanding at times, but also rewarding if you are part of the group dynamics. Its a beautiful place to work for.
Pros
Management Structure, Teamwork Dynamics, Training, Advancement, Internal Pormotion
Cons
Physical demands at peak season, late night hours in various departments, Satisfying 'All' Guest Needs
Great Company!
JW Marriott Front Desk / At Your Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNAugust 31, 2016
I love working for Marriott- great benefits, and the company itself is amazing. They genuinely care about their associates. The believe in promoting from within, and have endless possibilities to where you can go transfer-wise. Truly a great company!
Pros
Benefits, Transferable/Tenure, Likely to be promated
Cons
Non-Corporate working weekends/holiday, home/life balance
Compassionate, caring management
Server/Bartender/Hostess (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 25, 2016
Mr. Marriott has a theory that if a company takes great care of its employees, then the employees will inevitably take excellent care of guests. It works! Marriott is a fantastic employer.
Fun and happy
Housekeeping Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 25, 2016
Love working with co workers and having fun and love what I do for a living making sure he rooms are clean and taking care of our guest is great feeling knowing I did my job correctly
Pros
PEOPLE
Cons
NONE
Job was good
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  In near buckheadAugust 13, 2016
Dishwasher cleaning the area and plate up food taken out trash stacking box for cafe and I been working for 3 years for the company
A lot of fun
Banquet Manager (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAAugust 10, 2016
Task force is always fun to contribute
Also you meet associates around the world
Great net working environment
The hardest part is communication
The most enjoyable part is networking
Pros
net working
Cons
communication
Productive and fun workplace with friendly staff and co-workers
Gatehouse Attendant (Former Employee) –  Charlottesville, VAAugust 9, 2016
I felt extremely comfortable working at the Residence Inn. My first day was a lot a fun, learning what exactly I'd be doing, and feeling comfortable enough to ask questions without judgement. Management was friendly and easy to talk to. My co-workers were fun and upbeat. They made work shifts a lot of fun. I learned a lot and was eager to learn other positions, however my availability at the time didn't allow for it. The best part of it was that I was able to meet a lot of good people from the area and out of town, and usually got to see them regularly because our hotel was extended stay.
Pros
Free dinner most times, laid back atmosphere
Great place, bad management
Food and Beverage Attendant (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 9, 2016
I really like working for Marriott, and I think that sticking with a company show how dependable I have been. But the management has been on the decline for many years and the business seems to be running out of money. The turnover is very very high. There is no support for new employees. And older employees, like me, have to work through bad situations with our own determination. Overall, the culture is great and I love most of the people I work with and the guest that come into the hotel. But it has been hard to feel motivated and do a great job or even be there.
Pros
Co workers, and constant change of things to do.
Cons
Management, poor pay
Outback
housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIAugust 9, 2016
Didn't like this outback, seem as tho favorites were played. Its a small work place and alot of others had worked there longer. The discount is great and the work pace is up and down. But somethings I'd like to change .
Wonderful hospitality environment
Front Desk Associate/Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDAugust 8, 2016
It was a pleasure to walk into work each day. I learned something new every shift and was eager to gain more knowledge of the hospitality industry. The hotel was like a family and we always worked as a team.
Not a fun working environment.
Doorman and Transportation Manager (Current Employee) –  Chantilly, VAAugust 8, 2016
A typical day was checking in guests. Running items up to their rooms. The hours are not good and below standard for the area.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Sometimes lunch was not heated.
Working at a Franchise Marriott
Guest Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAAugust 8, 2016
I have worked at the Residence Inn Marriott for over 3 years. When I started we were Marriott managed and a little less than a year in we became franchise. Marriott managed hotels offer excellent benefits packages that somewhat make up for the low pay. Franchise hotels do not. The culture is great, although I would say that it probably varies quite a bit from property to property depending on management. The pay (at least at my property) is not great. They have not given raises with the increase in minimum wage and therefore new hires are offered more than long termers...not ok. Management has been great in working with my school schedule in addition to my internship schedule when I needed an internship for school. Love my coworkers, although I'm sure each team is a bit different. I will say that you learn a lot working in the hospitality industry.
Pros
Work around school schedule, great coworkers
Cons
Low pay, pitiful benefits
Exposure to the Front of House
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXAugust 7, 2016
I had worked in the hotel industry for a while but was limited to the back of house areas. This was a new learning experience and something I really enjoyed. With my background in management it was an easy switch.
The hardest part of the job was staffing. A good team is a necessity and one that has a history with long term employees creates a well developed unit.
Always enjoy working with the public.
Pros
A lot of interaction with employees and guests.
Cons
Staffing at times.
This is a great introductory opportunity
Sr. Ownership Advisor (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 7, 2016
A typical day includes call center activities providing customer service to Share owners. The hardest part of the job is managing time wisely and being able to eat and regroup on a 30 minute lunch break.
Pros
Large company with great opportunities
Cons
work schedule is not flexible
Fun
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXAugust 6, 2016
Cool place to work. Manager was awesome till she moved away she always made the place rock!!! An she was very caring made coming to work well worth it
Pros
Awesome people
Cons
short breaks
Fun workplace
Valet Cashier (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAAugust 5, 2016
Met a lot of great people. Easy laid back job. training was simple. Only issue was with management, very unprofessional, favoritism was ridiculous.

Marriott International, Inc. Reviews by Location