Marriott International, Inc.
2,793 reviews

Marriott International, Inc. Employer Reviews

It's okay
Restaurant Manager (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOJanuary 24, 2015
I expected more. Working for Marriott was okay - maybe I was at the wrong place, at the wrong time. It's already a thankless industry, the hardest part was working 16 hours days for 2 weeks straight. I learned a lot about myself, and what I can and am willing to take.
Productive place to work.
Night Auditor (Current Employee), Memphis, TNJanuary 24, 2015
This is my first time working night audit and it has been a pretty good experience so far. I tend to get more things accomplished at night and the training for this job wasn't difficult.
Typical Day
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee), Memphis, TNJanuary 24, 2015
Required to maintain good health, due to most of the tasks involves physical work, where standing, walking, lifting, and bending are primarily throughout the entire shift. Expected to maintain high standards of personal hygiene and grooming, while adhering to the working principles and policies set up by the organization. Duties include: cleaning, sweeping, vacuuming, washing, polishing, flipping mattresses, making beds, changing bed sheets twice a day, etc..
Great Hospitality Company
Controller, Assistant Controller (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJanuary 24, 2015
Best part of the organization is their leadership and training. Both are top notch hands down.
Marriot gave me great training in Hospitality
Sales Manager (Former Employee), Visalia, CAJanuary 23, 2015
They are a great company to learn top notch Hospitality. Best Hospitality training the industry has to offer.
Room Service Server (Current Employee), Memphis, TNJanuary 23, 2015
Great organized and professional environment. Passionate management that create customer and employee friendly culture. Very hands on and personable.
Beautiful place to go to work
Bartender/Waiter (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: free trannings for the job
Cons: no brak
Loved working with my co-workers, They were all very team players and always try help each other.
Dont work here
Front Desk/Night Auditor (Former Employee), roanoke vaJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: cheap stay
Cons: everything
the list is too long. just do yourself a favor-take the job if you need one but never stop looking for a better one
fun work environment with plenty of free food!!!!
houseman (Former Employee), Richmond, VAJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: free food
Cons: part time
I was employed as a houseman responsible for stocking the linen closets and making room calls. A typical day for me was gathering all the linen from the laundry room and distributing it onto 18 floors.
Wonderful company
Front Desk Receptionist (Current Employee), Saginaw, MIJanuary 21, 2015
I really like working for Marriott there are a lot of things I'm still learning but here at our hotel its like family i really feel like i can always come to them if there is an issue. Its a great place to be involved with and you get great discounts and nice things for working with that company.
Employee Discounts are awesome
Part time Banquet Server (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: hotel discounts
Cons: non
I love working at the Marriott. Since I love traveling the perk of being able to stay at Marriott hotels for an incredible discount is a lifestyle changed.
Nice
Hotel Engineer assistant / Shuttle driver (Former Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: good people, great area
Cons: pay very short for me to be their number one guy...
A typical day at work would be:
*Walk Hotel grounds and parking lots looking for trash /etc.
*Preventive Maintenance on all hotel rooms.
*Repair or replace broken equipment in hotel rooms.
*Assist team clean pool and surrounding area.
*Assist the kitchen with breakfast setup and coffee *Maintenance on hotel shuttle,
*Assist team with driving hotel shuttle when needed.
*Check water pumps and boilers
*Check electric room for normal working conditions.
*Minor AC cleaning and repairs.
*Sheetrock, joint tapping, sanding and paint.
*Assist team members reach their daily goals.
*Assist hotel guest with making their stay more pleasurable.
*Assist all contractors and delivery personal with what ever.
*Set up meeting room for scheduled events.
*Check in with assistant GM for any thing needed.
*Report to Engineer dept supervisor
Not a bad place to work for PT work. FT if available.
Cook (Former Employee), Colchester, VTJanuary 20, 2015
Had it not been for my super visor, this gig could have been a LOT worse. I was hired on as a housekeeper, then transferred over to laundry which I did for a while. Then I suffered an injury that rendered my ability to work in that department for that moment. They had me then work in the kitchen. Without a doubt, this should have been where I was put all along. I quickly adapted and learned valuable new skills that most everyone up to that point had never really tried me with. He put me under his wing which I benefitted from greatly. Before that point, the most I did was microwaveable dinners. After that job? I was preparing full out breakfasts, lunches, and dinners. They offer a great team atmosphere at least in the kitchen. They allow you to try different things with the food they serve and see how it's liked. For example, my supervisor and I concocted parfaits by mixing yogurt, oat cereal, and ice cream dipping sauce whether it was strawberry or blue berry. It became such a hit, that we had to routinely ordered those items. The management in the office could have been better but all and all it wasn't a bad job. I'd go back.
nothing good i can say
Night Auditor (Former Employee), Columbus, GAJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: discount on hotels
Cons: everything else
nothing great about this workplace..just a job. compensation was poor, and 50% of the time I spent correcting management on the amount of hrs I actually worked. I would have to wait another week to get paid for the additional hrs. I left because it was just a job to get me by until something better came along.
Great environment
Operations Manager (Current Employee), OaklandJanuary 19, 2015
I learn everything about customer service.Management team is great and very helpful. I enjoy each and every single day working in here.
Productive and fun work place
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee), Columbus, OHJanuary 19, 2015
Loved every aspect of this job from hotel operations to personnel management, sales and the details required to make a guest and employee feel special to be a part of the organization
great benfits, time demanding
Barista (Current Employee), crystal city, virginiaJanuary 17, 2015
I acutally partner with Marriott at a company called towne park
Good Employee Benefits
Operations Supervisor/Guest Service Representative (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZJanuary 17, 2015
Marriott provides very good benefits to all of their employees. The company really tries to strive to ensure that their employees feel appreciated for all of their hard work. Even when traveling to other Marriott locations the other employees really make you feel like you are apart of a family.
Fun place to work.
Guest Service Representative (Former Employee), Cordova, TNJanuary 17, 2015
I loved working for Marriott but it's time for me to move back home to Knoxville. Everyone was great here and easy to get a long with.
Excellent Company
Front desk supervisor (Former Employee), Louisville, KyJanuary 17, 2015
Pros: a chance to advance in the hotel industry. option to transfer available.
Cons: low pay at entry level.
I enjoyed all aspects of Hotel industry. My jobs included: Reservations, Front Desk, Cashier , Phones and Sales assistant. All the employees were skilled and very happy. The most enjoyable part of the job was attending to customer needs and making their stay a positive experience so that they would return. We received training yearly to improve customer service skills. I enjoyed being a part of the team that opened the Courtyard property in 1989.

1 2 3 4 5

About Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc., is a leading lodging and hospitality company that develops, operates, and franchises hotels, corporate – Read more

Marriott International, Inc. Photos