Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews

Nice Place
Housekeeping Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Amherst, NYFebruary 23, 2018
Just needed more money so looking else where. Good boss and housekeepers but a lot of pressure. I feel like I can find something with less stress. Thank you mattiott
Pros
Big chain
Amazing place to work
Bartender and Server (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXFebruary 23, 2018
Not only is The Sheraton located in beautiful downtown Ft. Worth, but it's a gorgeous hotel as well. The staff there were all exceptional at what they did and made me feel at home.
Easy job, but somtimes super stressful.
Houseman (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTFebruary 22, 2018
When I first started everything was great, I really enjoyed this job but once the managers changed everything became more stressful and they cut back my hours and hired someone else while i was gone for a couple of days.
Don’t take a job here!
Night Auditor and Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 22, 2018
Hated coming to work in this miserable place. Lousy culture and pay, management awful, and those are their good points! Will send ICE there to clean out all those illegals working there!
Pros
Cons
Everything!
Remodeled Resturant
Bartender (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLFebruary 22, 2018
The hotel was recently remodeled. Looks amazing. Costumers love it as well. It has a nice environment. Outside patio just added. Fireplace as well looks like something I would want at my house.
Pros
Resanable prices
Cons
No free breakfast
Good job
Front desk and security (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 21, 2018
I worked as a porter, driver, front desk assistant and security officer over the four years I was there. They were a good company to work for as they paid well and provided benefits.
Company needs some maintenance
Cocktail Server (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 21, 2018
I'm sure the brand it self may be a little more productive than the subsidiary chain that I particularly work for. If you are planning on joining the company, make sure you do your research on the specific location you will be working for first.
To long ago
Front Office Manager/Executive Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Milford, MAFebruary 21, 2018
I have not worked there for a long time it was several years ago. Things have changed and I can't comment. .....................................................
decent
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAFebruary 21, 2018
the people you work with are great. but can have the potential to be distracting. not enough hours. the pay wasn't great. I didn't like that the hours are not consistent.
Great
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSFebruary 21, 2018
It's a call center so if that's not your bag you will hate it. Very rigid code of conduct with little to no opportunity to work at your own pace or express new ideas.
Hit or miss
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 21, 2018
Working in a hotel is exciting honestly but it's expect changes all the time and a lot of work on days and sometimes no work at all. If the head of your department sucks, quit or transfer... It'll make your life miserable.
Pros
cheap lunch, hotel discounts
Cons
no breaks, long times, on your feet always, rude people, no appreciation
Fast working environment
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAFebruary 20, 2018
Guest were always friendly, coworkers treated me like family. Extremely fast paced, sometimes hectic. Were given rewards on work almost daily during daily meeting.
Pros
Friendly Enviornment
Cons
Long work days
great worklplace
Server attendant (Former Employee) –  Truckee, CAFebruary 20, 2018
Guarantees potential growth within the company, establishes and follows in company standards. Take great care of the customers, however, does not neglect the employees needs and suggestions.
Enjoyed our employee associates week here.
cafe/attendant (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALFebruary 20, 2018
My typical day at work consits of making sure all work and products are gathererd,stocked,and ready to serve.I learned several new way too tackle a task.Management could have been better didnt appreicate your hard work.Hardest part was doing others work.I most njoyed making people smile And enjoying their dining experience.
Courtyard Marriott Metairie is terrible
Everything (Current Employee) –  Metairie, LAFebruary 20, 2018
Working at the courtyard Metairie sucks!!!! Checks are not more than 170 a week and it’s nkt a full time job like they say when hired ! I wouldn’t recommend a cat to walk in front the Marriott in Metairie yet alone someone to come and work here
Pros
Cons
Job is full of lies!!! Managers suck!! Not enough money
My Experience
Corporate Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Fall River, MAFebruary 20, 2018
This company provides training, knowledge and support to help you be successful in whatever position you go after. There are many opportunities for growth. Everyone was treated fairly and paid graciously for their efforts. The company pays salary plus commission. My family was able to travel often due to perks provided by the company. In addition, I had the privilege of working from home, saving me money and allowing more quality time with my wife and children.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
Wages
exciting and very challenging
Croupier (Former Employee) –  Carolina, PRFebruary 20, 2018
A tipycal day at marriots hotels is a new challenge every day due to the differents cultures visiting ,learning about their cultures and whats important for them ,I learned that providing good customer service and satifies their needs they will come back again.The management are helpful and comprensible .Ienjoy every day,every minute I work at marriot especially when I goand create a memory in satisfaction on costumers,.thanks
Pros
people i work with, benefits
Fast paced operations with well established International company.
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Poughkeepsie, NYFebruary 20, 2018
Rewarding opportunity for individuals who excel in change management, leadership and operations. Must be willing to work long hours when necessary to achieve desired outcome. On call 24/7 and willing to work weekends and holidays when the operation demands.
Pros
Good pay and opportunity to run your own business gaining a wide variety of experience.
Cons
Long hours, always on call
Starwood Transition to Marriott
Sales and Catering Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Milpitas, CAFebruary 20, 2018
Marriott is an established company with a clear vision and great values. However, the merger between Starwood and Marriott greatly impacted the work environment and made it difficult to work with highly stressed and confused managers.
Pros
Discounts, Opportunities, Rewarding Work
Cons
Stressful
Great company to work with
Income Auditor and Payroll Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 19, 2018
Relaxing atmosphere place
The company provide work and life balance
Training and development opportunity
The company recognize the employees for job well done.
Good benefits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Marriott International, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

56.9K