Marriott International, Inc.
1,998 reviews

Marriott International, Inc. Employer Reviews

Customer Service, Supervise employees
Supervisor for The Ritz (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTApril 16, 2014
Pros: hotel benefits
Cons: job moved to florida
Supervise a team of 20 representatives who assist owners in reserving their vacations, Monitor, traing and disapline employees, take escalated issues,
I loved the work I was doing here
Bartender (Former Employee), Reno, NvApril 16, 2014
I have met some incredibly awesome people throughout my tenure at the Marriott.
Productive & fun workplace
Housekeeping Coordinator (Current Employee), Marriott Village at Lake Buena Vista, Orlando FLApril 16, 2014
Pros: great associates/leaders
Cons: should pay higher
Great coworkers, great company. Hotel is always busy since its located 1 mile from Walt Disney World.
working at the Marriott
Loss Prevention Officer (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAApril 15, 2014
Pros: great opprotunities
Never a dull moment working in loss prevention at any hotel. Bars, conventions, proms, weddings, and events with celebrities. The wild room parties are the worst to deal with. The enjoyable part of the job was making a safety video. It was educational and humorous.
Review Summary
Front desk Associate (Current Employee), Bossier City, LouisianaApril 15, 2014
Pros: discounted hotel stays
Cons: lack of help
My schedule is normally a 8 hour shift - 7am:3pm or 3pm:11pm
During my shift I answer phones, check-in guests, stock the market, make sure there is not any discrepancies, take in cash, keep in touch with housekeeping.
I would say that sometimes it gets stressful, especially trying to make reservations and answer the phones all at the same time.

I love – more... my co-workers – less
needs more stability and better management
Hostess/Server (Current Employee), Junction City, KSApril 14, 2014
Pros: discounted rooms
Cons: only working a couple of days a week
the rooms controller who is my manager is hardly ever there when needed. schedules people not by their work quality but rather than their seniority.co- workers are enjoyable to be around and very friendly. the hardest part of the job is that you're not getting very many hours which makes it hard to make a guaranteed pay check to meet your needs. the – more... most enjoyable part for me is that i like the environment its more on a professional setting. – less
Productive fun workplace that was never boring
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee), New Orleans, LAApril 14, 2014
Pros: meet people from all over the world.
Arrived on time with a positive attitude, checking guest in and out, filing, answering the phones, and attending to guest needs. I sharpened my customer service skill by working for this company. My coworkers were amazing. The hardest part of this job was leaving, and the most enjoyable part was arriving to work with my team.
great place to work
Banquet Server (Former Employee), Trenton, NJApril 14, 2014
opportunity for advancement
good coworkers
productive and very busy workplace
Housekeeping (Former Employee), KSApril 14, 2014
Cons: lunch breaks was only break i took
pulling linen and trash from lladys linen cart to put down linen chute and mopping,sweeping, and vaccumming floors, and shampooing guessrooms carpets , ,staying very busy,and moving guessroom furniture from one room to another,unloading boxes of supplies from the dock to housekeeping, and stocking the linen closet,and go to hotels warehouse and assitst – more... in loading furniture onto diesel to be shipped to the hotel. – less
Something new Everyday
Housekeeping Supervisor (Former Employee), Glen Allen, VAApril 14, 2014
Pros: to help out in differnt parts of the hotel, and meeting the guests!!
Cons: too much gossip in the workplace upon management
I enjoyed working at Marriott it was like a family at work. Once we went Franchise that went sour. Although the new GM was very hands on I really enjoyed working beside him. He actually turned the hotel around with rumors other hotel management taking over. I did have some concerns when he hired an executive housekeeper, I really did not see the need – more... to have one. Like my gut was saying he was very condescending and very nosey to be older than a lot of us. I feel he was not a team player he was just there. Although I always worked at my own pace and did my job to my ability and helping out in other departments I never complained. I made sure the housekeeping department was maintained when I was there. I got along with everyone and everyone got along with me, I'm not the type of person that likes negative energy or gossip. I just come in and do my job and get to the next day. I wish them the best of luck and know its time to move on. – less
Decent work environment
Front Desk Associate (Former Employee), Steamboat SpringsApril 11, 2014
Pros: a job to pay the bills
Cons: no overtime pay
We never got paid for our overtime so that was a negative. Daily duties were similar to what I do now. Group sales, check ins, reservations, concierge of my town.
Marriott
Front desk a (Current Employee), Sal, DApril 11, 2014
Pros: great company to work for ! awesom manager and staff !
Cons: distance to drive
I love my job and found the field the suites me best. Marriott treats all their staff equal and above else I have felt valued along with learning and advancing in my postion to go further with the company.
Very professional environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Clarksville, tnApril 10, 2014
Very high class, professional environment. Customers can be somewhat picky however.
Very customer oriented position that requires strong communication and problem solving skills.
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee), Richmond, VAApril 9, 2014
Team work is very important. A great part about the job is that awesome feeling you get after helping someone who was i need and they walked away feeling better about a situation.
Great workplace
Waitress (Former Employee), Nashua, NHApril 9, 2014
Pros: staff, tips
Cons: hardly any breaks, busy/or not busy
I would get there around five am and start making coffee, and getting ready to serve the first guest. Then at the end of the shift I would clean the tables, seats, and the glass. My co-workers were awesome they were supportive and loving. We were family. The hardest part of my job, I can't think of anything. The most enjoyable part of my job was working – more... with great people. – less
violation of AA
Former RM (Former Employee), chicagoApril 9, 2014
Company is biased toward non majority. It's all about who knows whom
AWESOME MOST PLACE TO WORK
Engineer (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INApril 9, 2014
Pros: too many too mention
FANTASTIC place to work. The greatest place I have ever experienced. Although it really was White Lodging.
Good Job
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Muncie, INApril 9, 2014
Pros: see kids off to school.
Cons: not enough linen.
I loved working here. It was alot of hard work. Nice co-workers . You start at 9 am and work until you are done. Hardest part of job waiting on linen to put in rooms , had a shortage when I was there. I would love to work there again.I was there for ten years . Pay starts at minuim wages.
Great job without having a work/life balance.
Front Office Manager (Current Employee), Franklin, TNApril 9, 2014
Pros: i enjoy my job, i love working with people, i like feeling a sense of accomplishment.
Cons: work/life balance
I manage about 20 people each day by preparing our game plan to be successful. I get everyone organized and assigned specific tasks to keep the operations running flawless. My co-worker around the hotel depend on my daily to make decisions and give advice about decisions within the hotel industry. The hardest part of my job is not being able to give – more... people what they want. In some instances we cannot give guests what they want because there is not justifiable reason to. The hotel is in the business making money, and trying to provide the best service. – less
Productive workplace but pay is low.
Resident Assistant General Manager (Current Employee), MarylandApril 9, 2014
Fast paced company with the opportunity to be promoted from within. Pay scales are extremely low and the benefits are marginally ok compared to other hospitality companies.

1 2 3 4 5

About Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc., is a leading lodging and hospitality company that develops, operates, and franchises hotels, corporate – Read more

Marriott International, Inc. Photos