Marriott International, Inc.
3,468 reviews

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews

Great Place to Work
Front Desk Supervisor (Current Employee), Boise, IDAugust 3, 2015
Pros: Great Work Environment
Cons: Healthcare Could Be Better
A typical day at work is like taking care of one of your friends or family members. I have learned to be an active listener, understand behavior or habits, show sincerity in the job, and to make effective decisions. The hardest part of the job is knowing hospitality ins and outs because most of the time you are doing them all, from room service to sales. Because I get to interact with new and old faces of roaming visitors, and each associate I work with is personable and upbeat, I adore my job. As well, the management here strives to make guests and the staff happy and are always flexible to their needs while staying profitable.
Great Team Atmosphere
Houseman (Current Employee), Norman Oklahom aAugust 3, 2015
Pros: Great team enviroment
Cons: benefits and pay need review
This is a very physically demanding job. Lots of walking, lifting , pushing and pulling. The location has 1500 rooms and is home to the USPS postal training center. The team works hard to keep the hotel running smoothly and guest happy. Management often has to pitch in physically due the large number of visitors we house. The hardest part of the job is checkout day ( usually Friday). The hotel must be clean and in order for the students arriving the following week.
AWESOME COMPANY
Assistant General Manager (Current Employee), Plano, TXAugust 2, 2015
Marriott is a great company to work! The training opportunities are great! The best part is being able to travel and work in any city, state, or Country.
Great
Assistant Director of Finance (Current Employee), Portland, ORAugust 2, 2015
Good benefits, good educational and promotion opportunities. Good coworkers. If you like hospitality, a very good place to work.
its a very god place to work
Security Officer/ casino compliance (Former Employee), San Juan, PRAugust 2, 2015
Pros: free meals, benefits
Cons: have to pay parking, if the is an associate parking at the marriott you are working
working at an associate for marrott is a very comfortable experience they dedicate a lot of attention to the associate need and morale ,
but at the same time the pay rates in the Marriott in Puerto Rico start of low most being minimum wage or close in comparison with the same job position
Excellent job where guests come first
Lobby Ambassador/Front Desk Agent (Current Employee), Sugar Land, TXAugust 1, 2015
I learned the art of hospitality. I also learned, how to create personal connections with guests and go above and beyond for them.
Housekeeping
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Eagan, MNJuly 31, 2015
Pros: The hotel I worked at was close to home and the hours were great.
Cons: Breaks were not always taken because of the immense workload.
The hardest part was the unrealistic amount of rooms to be done in one day and still be up to hotel standards. We almost never had enough linens/product to get the workload done on-time each day. There was extremely poor management/organization. The Hispanic housekeepers were poorly treated and spoken of at the hotel.
Best part of the job was some of the co-workers and guests.
hotel work
Housekeeping (Current Employee), Kansas City, MOJuly 31, 2015
Pros: good hours
Cons: low pay
great job hard work fun and exciting employees, arrive at work, load housekeeping cart, enter guest rooms clean to Marriott standards, repeat.
Absolutely love the Marriott Brand
Housekeeping Inspector/Supervisor (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKJuly 31, 2015
Pros: parking, free lunch and management support
Cons: none
We took pride in our property and it was a great place to work. Our management team was a joy to work for and the Marriott values were right on for giving great customer service and learning to achieve greater goals.
Marriott Culture
BQS Team/ Server/ Cross Training Associate (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDJuly 31, 2015
Pros: Free Cafeteria with food provided
Cons: short breaks and long hours
Marriott is a great place to work if you are looking to be apart of a diverse and ever growing company. There is always room for growth at your current property or abroad.
excellent company
Front Desk Agent - Full Time Night Auditor (Current Employee), Manchester, NHJuly 31, 2015
Very good place to work. always learning new things to assist management.
Coworkers are great to work with, we have a wonderful team.
Wonderful Place to Work
Front Desk (Former Employee), Bentonville, ARJuly 30, 2015
I learned a lot here and what it really meant to be a part of a team. We all helped each other out when needed. We felt more like a family than anything. Management is wonderful!
The Company is a Great place to work.
Line cook (Former Employee), Golden, COJuly 30, 2015
The Company is a Great place to work
A typical day at work is cooking and prepping for banquet Function
I learn to cook at a high volume place
hotel
Food Runner - Server (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJuly 30, 2015
I love working the weddings & other events you meet a lot of diverse people. the only draw back is the slow season during the winter months
lively work place
Bar Back (Current Employee), Palm Desert, CAJuly 30, 2015
Pros: hotel discount, time off, lively people.
Cons: money, hotel politics.
the days are either slow or fast paced, there is not middle ground. you deal with all types of people, as for me i learned the how to negotiate with management and other employees. the people that work here are talkative, everyone tries to keep the work place happy and drama free.

management is driven my hotel politics, half the time there hands are tied, they micromanage there department the same way upper management micromanages their leadership. you can't really blame them if i was in there shoes i would be doing the same things, just do what you are told.

the hardest part of the working at Marriott is the compensation, if you want to make more money you have to either get promoted, or transfer to another department and or move to another marriott hotel.

the most enjoyable part of the job is, the ability to request time off for a vacation, keep in mind it has to be during the slow season if you want to have a month vacation other wise you can request for time off a few times during the busy season.

you also get during hotel discount the slow season.
LOVE IT
Spa Concierge (Former Employee), Atlanta,GaJuly 29, 2015
I loved this company, I am so upset with myself for leaving them. They care for their workers and is such a great company to work for.
love Marriott
Guest Services (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJuly 29, 2015
I loved working for the Marriott lifelong experience learned how to be respectful patient and a great deal of mannerisms
First experience fun
Front Desk Agent/ Front Desk Manager (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 29, 2015
Working for Fairfield Inn was the best thing I could have ever done. This is the first hotel I have ever worked for and I loved It. The staff made me feel so welcome, even though I didn't know what I was doing. But they were all pleased that I was a fast learner. Ever since I have worked at the Fairfield inn that is all I have wanted to, I never thought a job would turn into sometime that I would love to do. It has taught that helping people and making people happy it was most important and thats all that matters.
beuracratic office environment
MBA Intern (Former Employee), Bethesda, MDJuly 29, 2015
Marriott was a good place to learn, but trying to reach out of the box to talk to people took a long time. The cubicles were stuffy and it was hard to network
Marriott, Exceptional company to work for!
Director of Sales (Former Employee), San Mateo, CAJuly 29, 2015
Pros: Management/ Exceptional work enviornemnt
Cons: had to relocate
This is a company first and foremost that values it's employees! You will have a constant opportunity to develop your Hospitality and personal skill, through classes and online training with Marriott International.

IF you have an opportunity to work with them don't hesitate,

1 2 3 4 5

About Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc., is a leading lodging and hospitality company that develops, operates, and franchises hotels, corporate – Read more

Marriott International, Inc. Salaries