Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews

The job atmosphere wasn't easy to work in.
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Hilliard, OHDecember 13, 2017
It was a job that I didn't enjoy very much. Some of the other employees caused drama with others. When working you would have a crazy amount of rooms to clean and people wouldn't clean all of their and leave them for other people to do. They liked to pick favorites there. It just wasn't a good atmosphere to work in.
Pros
Cons
Drama, long hours, picking up other employees slack
Competitive work environment
Bellman (Former Employee) –  South Beach, FLDecember 13, 2017
Excellent company to work with. Been an employee here for over 10 years. Really loved all the benefits that came along with the job and the opportunities that came along with it.
i love it
Cook 3 (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LADecember 12, 2017
its a great place to work. there are many great people you learn and grow from. what I enjoy the most is the relations you gain not only from your coworkers, but the guest as well. you gain life long relationships.
First job out of college
Director of Corporate Sales (Former Employee) –  Boston, MADecember 12, 2017
This was a management position and my first job out of college. Great training but the wrong managerial role for me. I am meant to be front of the line building relationships and strategic partnerships.
Exceptional management
Banquet Captain (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTDecember 11, 2017
I had the greatest management team. I learned a wealth of knowledge from all of them. The job was physically demanding, with long hours, but the people I worked with made my day a success.

I felt valued and respected and hope that I can pass this along to people that work under me in the future.

I can honestly say that leaving that position was a very difficult thing to do and never would have left if it wasn't absolutely necessary.
Pros
people
Cons
the pay
Worked from beginning to end to assure a flawless and sucessful meeting or group completion
Sales Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Corona, CADecember 11, 2017
I enjoyed working for Marriott. There culture is one of personal training and advancement. A typical day at work included contacting clients, directing various departments in what is expected of them for a given meeting or group. My management was always interested in helping out and treated me very well. The hardest part of my job was leaving at the appropriate time and the most enjoyable part of my job is a job well done.
Pros
great people to work with
Cons
no holiday pay
Productive and fun workplace
Customer Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXDecember 11, 2017
I worked at Sheraton Arlington as a Bellman, it was fun I learned so much about customer services. The importance of making a guest day and how a smile can change someone life.
Best Place to work
Waitress and Hostess (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 11, 2017
really is amazing. the staff is super nice. everyone was warm and welcoming when I came to the job. I got a raise with every year. you get paid a lot.
Pros
everything
Cons
employees steal
Excellent
COOK (Former Employee) –  White Plains, NYDecember 11, 2017
working at the marriot was very intresting i learn a lot new things which help me to developed my cooking skills more productively.however the company treats it employee as ladies and gentleman
Pros
we have a one hour lunch break
Cons
health care was very good
Bookkeeper/Accountant (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 11, 2017
I learned the operations of hotel business. The day started out with a meeting with the sales team and processing there checks for bookings. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the sales team
No advancement
Senior GIS Analyst (Current Employee) –  Bethesda, MDDecember 11, 2017
I like working at Marriott, I just haven't had any career advancement in 15 years. I have worked the same position without much variation for too long.
Fun work place
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Newnan GaDecember 11, 2017
Great place to stay for traveling and visiting great environment fun employees and very respectful loving place to stay and very clean hotel you will enjoy
Pros
Free breakfast
Fun and amusing
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Hobbs, NMDecember 11, 2017
Absolutely loved this job by far. Learned a lot and myet a great deal of wonderful people. Every job has its down days but it was such a learning experience.
good job for a college student, flexible and pays well
SALES AND SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSDecember 11, 2017
They worked with my school schedule. They are very flexible. The work is easy if you pay attention in training and they have lots of oppurtunities for bonuses and advancement.
Over all fun
Guest Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Covington, LA, Fort Myers, FLDecember 9, 2017
I worked at 2 different locations. First one in Louisiana and second in SW Florida. Overall a great company to work for. Employees are all great and we become a small family. Florida is a little more intense. Overall if you have good customer service, organized and can multitask- you can do this job under good management. If you work hard and in the right area, you can easily move up within the company.
Pros
get hours, insurance, 401k
Cons
overworked, under paid
Great!
Data Management Analyst (Current Employee) –  Bethesda, MDDecember 9, 2017
Great Company to work have to make your own growth. Learn as much as you can while working at this company. I enjoy working with everyone! Looking forward to work many years with this company.
Supportive leadership team and great work synergy culture
Pool and Beach Server (Current Employee) –  Sarasota, FLDecember 9, 2017
The culture of the work environment is everyone is genuinely kind and supportive. Everybody strives to achieve the best results. Lines get blurred as everyone despite work titles helps one another.
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Ashland, VADecember 8, 2017
A lot of turnover due to management. Great place to work. The hardest part of the job is the unfairness. Pay is very competitive in certain situations.
Pros
environment
Cons
unfairness
Horrible management
Bartender (Former Employee) –  OhioDecember 8, 2017
I worked for the Sheraton, which Marriott acquired when I first was hired. I received harassment daily from other employees and management. When it was finally too much and I said something, HR did nothing.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Hr, management, not a safe place to work
terrible place to work at
Front Desk Clerk (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 8, 2017
the people i worked with are nice and friendly but the management is terrible. they will not hesitate to write you up for an honest mistake after only being there for 2 months. unacceptable!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Marriott International, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.