Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews in United States

Found 6,908 reviews matching the search
Fun fast paced environment
Human Resources Intern (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTMay 25, 2016
There is never a dull day in the Human Resources office. Associates are always friendly and willing to go out of their way to ensure that guests and associates are able to enjoy the day ahead of them.
My response
Guest Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALMay 25, 2016
I do not really know what to say on here because I didn't really like my jobs in the hotel world. I would prefer to have my own space with company associates to work with in a private yet public setting.
There was never enough time to get everything done after the payroll clerk position was added.
Payroll Clerk / General cashier (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNMay 24, 2016
This job was extremely fast paced to start with then more work was added to the job. My original job was general cashier, then payroll was added to my duties. I enjoyed doing both jobs and I learned a lot of new skills. I was glad to have a chance to expand my job skills but there was never enough time to get everything done. The payroll part of my job was dependent upon the department managers getting their reports in on time and they were always to busy to check their reports and get them back to me on time. It was really a great job and I am glad that I had the opportunity to be involved in this work.
Pros
My own private office.
Cons
Never enough time to get everything done.
Fun place to work
Prep Cook/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Cocoa Beach, FLMay 24, 2016
Courtyard Marriott was fast paced and exciting to work at. I really enjoyed working there. would definitely work for them again.
Very productive and fast paced enviroment
Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTMay 24, 2016
Great atmosphere. Awesome employees and guest.
Enjoy learning the one on one customer service. The hardest part would be standing long periods of time in one place but as long you had something to do the day would go by quick.
Pros
restaurant were nearby walking distance
Cons
hardly break
very productive and fun place
Cook (culinary Trainee) (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 23, 2016
i have learned a lot during my training in Atlanta Marriott Marquis. the people were really nice to us. and i have acquired all the necessary skills and knowledge that i needed to pursue my career.
Great job but not enough compensation
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSMay 23, 2016
There is not that great for advancement and the compensation is not that great for the hard work and long hours of a front desk clerk. The discounts are great and the brand is awesome .
Strong Company
Human Resources Generalist (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 23, 2016
Strong company that continues to be successful. The hotel industry has many different outlets to explore new opportunities in your career.
great customer service...
Assisting guess (Former Employee) –  Glassboro, NJMay 23, 2016
my experiences when working at the jobs i had worked for through retail, housekeeping, etc... .....i so love helping people with their needs, and enjoying the needs of friendly companionship of guest ...
alittle about me im a hardworking good team member always up fpr a challenge.. extremely friendly.. and realiable..
The customer service experience
Head Host/Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJMay 22, 2016
Busy hotel restaurant, never a dull moment. Cultivated the pallet made many new friends, met interesting people and celebrities. Learning new foods and wines was the best part of the job. Co-workers were a joy to work with. It was a pleasure being part of such a great company.
Pros
unlimited food and beverages
Cons
long hours at times
A busy environment
Lobby Attendant (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYMay 22, 2016
A place where you meet different people and interact with different ways of life. you always had something to do. I enjoyed going to work and the people are fun to work with
It's the US Navy
Guest Service Representative (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 21, 2016
Each day there is always something different. I am the training Petty Officer for my unit and instructing is rewarding.
pretty good company
Executive Chef (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDMay 21, 2016
pretty good company for a contract food service ..typical restaurant/salaried position low pay long hours. Trying to please people
Advancement within the Company is taken seriously and employees are valued for their work efforts.
Senior Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CAMay 20, 2016
I've had the opportunity to advance eight times in my eleven years with the Company. My hard work has always been noticed, and I am grateful to my mentors who have worked by my side in a positive environment. I've learned the management skills needed to be successful in my jobs, and the Company has supported me along the way. My days in Sales are busy responding to and prospecting leads, working through Site Inspections, Proposal & Contract revisions as well as working through existing accounts/programs. One of the most enjoyable parts of my job is that I am speaking to and meeting with different people each day and progressing in my communication skill set. Another enjoyable part is when I get to celebrate a signed Contract! The hardest part of my job is when I work on a lead for months and months and later have them turn my Hotel down for various reasons. It's the nature of the business though. My co-workers (Executive Management, my peers and our Assistants) have taught me many things about myself, the culture in a Corporate environment and at best how to accomplish goals in a team setting. I am proud to have the eleven years of history that I do with Marriott hotels.
Pros
Advancement
Cons
Work/Life balance at times
Great learning environment with the ableity to create dishes.
Line Chef (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 20, 2016
Great team work and learning environment. Defiantly a challenge to provide service to all areas of property. But, a welcome challenge for the aspiring Chef.
Bartender/Barista (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNMay 20, 2016
Love this place, my boss was amazing and very understanding. The upper level management were very hands on which was nice, the hours were good, the compensation better.
Good place to work for a part time job!
Front desk receptionist (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHMay 20, 2016
first time working for a hotel, but i highly enjoy it! i love the different people you get to meet everyday. its even gotten me over my social anxiety, the slow pace of the job gives me time to get school work done or just extra duties but the pay is nothing to go on about.
Pros
fun, and time friendly.
Cons
the pay is awful
great work environment
Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLMay 20, 2016
allows learning and development of many skills
many incentives
encourage company loyalty
opportunity to move up and change position in company
The best company I have worked for
Night Auditor (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 19, 2016
The culture is very diverse. Management usually comes up from the ranks so they are very supportive of Work/Life balance. Opportunities to advance are there for those who seek it and job security is virtually guaranteed for the hard working dedicated employees. Compensation and benefits are great, even more so for full time employees than part timers.

I would have become a lifetime employee if I wasn't studying for a different field altogether.
Pros
It is almost never boring working for a Marriott
Cons
Full time positions are numbered nowadays maybe because of the benefits involved
Everday is Different
Front Desk/Valet/Night Audit/Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLMay 19, 2016
Everyday is different. This job provides you administrative skills to be polished and developed. This is a profession that can be used for the remainder of your life.