Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews

Found 3,540 reviews matching the search
Excellent opportunity
Digital Strategist (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCFebruary 8, 2016
With my hire at Marriott Digital, I have the chance to learn about corporate goals and how activities align with the company mission.
Pros
Tremendous learning environment
fun workplace
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNFebruary 8, 2016
Typical day at work would be the managers rushing everybody to get off the clock. They didn't want us to do anything but clean the rooms. We were not able to listen to music or any extra things.
Pros
Managers bought food every so often
Cons
getting rushed
If you like working for morons
Massage Therapist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 8, 2016
What a horrible place to work! ! The management team lacks intelligence and tact. There is no level of understanding for you and your job as a therapist and this goes all the way to the GM through corporate. The atmosphere is catty and they want to treat you like you don't have professional licensing. The Marquis in Atlanta is just horrible and if you have the pleasure of working with these people regret will follow soon enough.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Horrible management and slow seasons
Beaverton Courtyard
Front Desk Representative/Bistro Attendant (Current Employee) –  Beaverton, ORFebruary 8, 2016
Marriott as a whole in previous positions as been an excellent company to work for. I love Marriott.
Now, Beaverton Courtyard, needs to have a second look at the General Management. I've never worked for a Marriott Property until this property where there is no guidance, team motivation, family oriented, management not having knowledge of all positions in the hotel, to help troubleshoot and help associates.
Pros
Non
Cons
Hi turnover, no team ethics, always focused on errors, not training
Awesome Company to Work For
Guest Services Agent/Concierge (Current Employee) –  Beverly Hills, CAFebruary 7, 2016
The Marriott brand is an awesome company to work for, it comes with a lot of benefits and employee incentives. If you work at the right property and the right management is in charge then it is definitely a company you would like to remain with as a long-term career path.
Pros
Great discounts, benefits, work environment
Cons
Back to back schedules, i.e work pm shift then next day scheduled to work am, and franchise owned properties
Great Culture
AAA - Four Diamond - General Manager (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAFebruary 6, 2016
Great culture, opportunities for advancement, compensation all excellent. Professional senior management team who put their people first.
Na
Bistro Server (Current Employee) –  Lufkin, TXFebruary 6, 2016
Not Available
Already reviewed in a previous review. Not going to say the same things twice. Now I have to get twenty words or more of nothing so I can get passed this and on to the next step.
Low wages
Server/waiter/cashier/barista/hostes/banquet setup (Current Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARFebruary 5, 2016
The hardest part of the job is when you have huge groups of people come to the hotel almost every other week, as you do tons more work for the same pay but are expected to get done too quickly.
Great company to work for!!
Human Resource Specialist (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAFebruary 5, 2016
If you are in the hotel industry you need to give Marriott a try. If you work hard you might make it to there corporate offices where you work mon-fri only.
Pros
corporate jobs are amazing
Cons
Productive and A fun place to work
Auditor (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 5, 2016
I think Marriott is a wonderful company to have experience with the
love and support that each employee spread is a warming feeling.
The drive to make you a leader is something you cant find no where else but with Marriott it is guaranteed.
Great Job
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Horsham, PAFebruary 4, 2016
great start each day
overall sales management
great training sales, customer service
best co-workers
not meeting timely goals
incentives
Pros
incentives
Cons
unrealistics goals
The Marriott was my very first real job.
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Sterling Heights, MIFebruary 4, 2016
I enjoyed working for The Towne Place Suites at first, although it was not owned by Marriott it just had the franchise name attached to it. This particular hotel was owned by CSL corporation, they seemed to switch mangers after a year of me being there. The first manager was great and I loved the way she handled herself and everything she did for her employees. I liked when I cleaned the guest rooms as they check in and out. Their faces would be priceless on how clean someone could get their rooms. My managers never had any complaints about me and they loved how fresh my rooms would smell after I finished cleaning them.
Pros
Interacting with different people around the world.
Cons
Unstable foundation
work
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHFebruary 4, 2016
a typical day at work can be either very ruff with having 15+ full refresh rooms or some days are easy having 7 full refreshes. working there has shown me a lot of things, to cleanness to breaking things down to become more organized. the management their was fair, but in a way had somewhat poor communication as far as last minute notices of picking up more rooms for call offs. my co-workers was pretty cool. same time we got our jobs done and supported each other who needed help with their rooms after our own work was finished. the hardest part of the job is keeping track with time. you get so into cleaning the rooms and in your own zone you forget you only have a certain amount of time to full clean the room before it can be available to be booked. the most enjoyable part of my job was employee appreciation week, made the workers feel appreciated and special, felt good to be noticed.
Pros
discounted rooms
Cons
short notice rooms
Na
Lead Cook (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 3, 2016
For the most part it is a positive environment to work at. However, at my location, turnover has been high and new leadership has been inconsistent.
work and ethics
Event Management & Group Housing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  West Conshohocken, PAFebruary 3, 2016
Team work taking care of our guest we take that with the utmost importance great benefits. Mr Marriott had great values and we try our best to uphold those value s.
Pros
FREE LUNCH
Cons
NOT REALLY MUCH
Catering Admin Assistant
Catering Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTFebruary 3, 2016
As an employee of the Marriott City Center in Salt Lake City, a typical day started at 8:30. Each day I made door signs for groups arriving the following day, and buffet labels for meals as needed. Other tasks included making files for incoming groups, printing daily reports, maintaining printer and copier equipment, and any other tasks as assigned.
Pros
Monday-Friday 9-5, lunch provided, associate discount on hotel rooms
Cons
Lots of down time, sub-par pay
Great place to work. .
General Accountant (Former Employee) –  Florida, North Carolina and GeorgiaFebruary 3, 2016
A nice place to work, until you finally run into a person that you cannot see eye to eye with,all down hill from there. It's great because you can transfer from place to place.
Its a fun environment to work in.
assist guest (Current Employee) –  Sharonville, OHFebruary 3, 2016
I like working here do to having the ability to network with guest from all over the world. Having the ability to gain business professional skills such as learning the FOSSE system, data entry, computer skills and proper communication skills.
Pros
Employee discounts
Cons
Having a chance to grow with the company. Lack of training
Productive and fun workplace
Loss Prevention Officer (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAFebruary 3, 2016
I have acquired in-depth and diverse knowledge about the field that I hope to fully utilize in this new position.Great skills in utilizing building security and lock systems and procedures. attained Good and energetic personality. Able to manage incoming and outgoing phone calls. Work good as team
Pros
Free Lunch
tough career
Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 3, 2016
You have to be crazy to work in the hospitality field but if you do, Marriott is a great company to work for. It ia an international company with a great reputation.