Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews

Great company, inconsistent hours
Fitness Center Attendant (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLDecember 17, 2017
I worked for the Ritz Carlton in the spa department. There are peaks and lows to how busy the spa is during the year which effects hours/pay. Slower period resulted in pay cuts due to low occupancy. Also less hours without room to work lateral service (working in other departments to make up for hours lost due to low occupancy). Love the company culture though! :)
Pros
Free lunches, benefits
Cons
Low occupancy, pay cuts due to slow periods in the year
Opportunity to Learn and grow
Spa Concierge (Current Employee) –  Fernandina Beach, FLDecember 17, 2017
Plenty of opportunities to learn and grow within the company. Great leaders to guide you in the right direction. Excellent environment. The company has a lot of great values.
Nice place to start work.
Pool Attendant (Former Employee) –  Delray Beach, FLDecember 16, 2017
Great place to start working for newly graduates of high school. Great atmosphere as far as location. Sitting across from the ocean, its a beautiful location for vacation, weddings and so much more.
Marriott
Property Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Lahaina, HIDecember 16, 2017
It was a typical hotel resort atmosphere. Constant changes & goals to exceed guests' expectations. During my last few months, management was poor however in the past, I had wonderful experiences with previous leaders.
Pros
benefits, free lunch
Cons
long days
positive motivation needed
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  FederalwayDecember 16, 2017
it was a very difficult position to be successful in, struggled with the constant criticizing, this company needs to focus more on not expecting so much that the employing can no way complete the tasks given and be reasonable
Pros
It was a job with guaranteed hours
Cons
poor management
Quick pace job with good pay
SPG specialist (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSDecember 15, 2017
Good job to work at they have a pool table in the break room and coffe machine as will as a snack store to get snack for lunch or break.really fast passed job
Pros
good pay
Cons
fast pace
n/a
Storage Administrator (Current Employee) –  Frederick, MDDecember 15, 2017
I choose to NOT share this information! It is not information that needs to be shared. I worked remotely and was in a TEMP to hire position. This position may still be come permanent.
Starwood/Marriott
Server (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GADecember 15, 2017
When I worked for this company it was originally a Starwood property and had just been bought by Marriott a few months before I left. The money, the staff, the benefits were AMAZING. There was ALWAYS opportunity for over time, and they were great for approving vacation time.Once Marriott took over and new management came in everything changed. We were barely getting breaks, management stopped coming around anc checking on us, and if we were busy instead of helping us, they were often adding to the rush by eating in the restaurant and acting like VIP guests.
Fun and fast paced environment
Front desk night auditor (Current Employee) –  FloridaDecember 15, 2017
I believe marriott is a very good place to work at if you like trying and experiencing different job opportunities. The hospitality business moves people around by their skills and knowledge of the company.
Pros
Company oriented meetings that had prizes
Cons
Management changes often
Great Company
Houseman (Former Employee) –  Rancho Mirage, CADecember 14, 2017
Made a personal decision to venture off into a new field. A great company overall. Management had a few flaws but other then that, the people, the employees are what made the experience noteworthy.

Want to know more about Marriott International, Inc.?

Ask a question
house keeping
Housekeeping Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Marianna, FLDecember 14, 2017
I learned to become a better team member and leader. Enjoyed working with fellow employees. My day was sometimes long especially around the holiday but enjoyed it because most customers where really nice. But once I came sick I had to find something else to do.
fun place to work
Supervisor of housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CT 06902December 14, 2017
Was able to build relationships with clients and guests. learned a lot from management. Lots of Friendly employees, and lots of opportunities to advance.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short breaks
Ok
Front Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Hooksett, NHDecember 14, 2017
High paced, high energy. Meet great people from all walks of life. if you enjoy conversing with people and receiving gratification for a job well done, the hotel industry is for you.
ok
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MADecember 14, 2017
if you like working with multiple cultures then this is the place. they work day goes by fast because your always moving . never a dull moment . some management are impossible to work with but if you know how to deal with people this is the perfect place
Organizational Culture
Global Brand Design and Innovation (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CTDecember 13, 2017
Marriott international is a massive company with thousands of locations and thousands of above property resources.

It is a monster task to organize, align and deploy these resources in a collaborative structure that truly delivers value and revenue to each hotel.
Unfriendly Environment
S. University Park Ave. - Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, MIDecember 13, 2017
-Management was very passive aggressive and uncaring
-People left so frequently that you would get in trouble if they found out you were looking for a different job (which is mostly illegal)
-Given very short period of time to complete rather large tasks and verbally reprimanded if even 2 minutes over
-Had a very "Every man for himself" type of feel with coworkers and management alike
The job atmosphere wasn't easy to work in.
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Hilliard, OHDecember 13, 2017
It was a job that I didn't enjoy very much. Some of the other employees caused drama with others. When working you would have a crazy amount of rooms to clean and people wouldn't clean all of their and leave them for other people to do. They liked to pick favorites there. It just wasn't a good atmosphere to work in.
Pros
Cons
Drama, long hours, picking up other employees slack
Competitive work environment
Bellman (Former Employee) –  South Beach, FLDecember 13, 2017
Excellent company to work with. Been an employee here for over 10 years. Really loved all the benefits that came along with the job and the opportunities that came along with it.
i love it
Cook 3 (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LADecember 12, 2017
its a great place to work. there are many great people you learn and grow from. what I enjoy the most is the relations you gain not only from your coworkers, but the guest as well. you gain life long relationships.
First job out of college
Director of Corporate Sales (Former Employee) –  Boston, MADecember 12, 2017
This was a management position and my first job out of college. Great training but the wrong managerial role for me. I am meant to be front of the line building relationships and strategic partnerships.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Marriott International, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.