Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews

Found 4,082 reviews matching the search
Fun social environment
Housemen (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAJanuary 18, 2017
It wasn't bad working here, however the management isn't what it seems. They're very picky with who they want where, they have very little care in sanitation or of workers.
Pros
Breaks, very nice and social. Helpful.
Cons
Short breaks, forgetful of breaks and release time
Acceptable part time job
Front Desk/Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXJanuary 17, 2017
Acceptable part time job and company to work for. Straight eight hour shift. To take care of your work, and take care of your personal matters, eating breaks, as you can.
Good place to work nice room's
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 17, 2017
This company is a grade a plus good place to work meet all kind of people of all races good cleaning I make sure people get sign in and out to keep counts on who's in the building and watch out and listen to anything goes wrong on my shift.
Pros
Buy your own food
Cons
Good benefits nice breaks
Great workplace
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXJanuary 14, 2017
Marriott has great employee discounts on rooms! Its nice to meet new people and happy environment! Bad thing is insurance isn't so good.
Amazing Company!
Manager on Duty (Former Employee) –  Provo, UTJanuary 11, 2017
Marriott International is such an amazing, family oriented comoany to work with! The benefits are amazing and everyone is supportive!
Pros
Great discounts, great training, worldwide locations.
Cons
NONE
Very interesting.
Reservation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJanuary 9, 2017
A good place to work, customer servicing while meeting there reservation needs. Very diverse in that you are booking for hotels across the entire world.
Pros
Good environment.
Cons
Kind of seasonal.
great place
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 9, 2017
It is a good place to be, a good company to work for and we can really count on our manager for anything we need. We work as a team, help each other and really do our job by taking care of our guests
Pros
free drink and free food
Cons
30 min break
Marriot
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Elgin, ILJanuary 8, 2017
Very proffesional company. Spent many days doing over time. Fun environment. And people were cery friendly. The pay could be better. Hours varied and it wasnt steady at times only when needed.
Pros
Good people to work with
Cons
Not enough hours
Fun place
Bistro shift leader (Current Employee) –  Montgomery, ALJanuary 7, 2017
Make sure everything was up to standards.. food comes out on time & still hot.. &Amadeus sure I make the quest happy while they enjoyed their breakfast
Worst Place to Work
Night Auditor - Guest Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJanuary 5, 2017
Frequent Management changes are hard to deal with. You must be friendly with the groups or you will not make it. Residence Inn in Memphis,Tn was the worst job I had.
Pros
Hotel Discount
Cons
No Lunch Hour
productive and great for job advancement
tmi fairfield hotel (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MIJanuary 5, 2017
Good place to work for and good job advancemnet. Great benefits management was very helpful. i recommend all to seek employment with the federal governamnet.
Great Teamwork with respect and treat like family
RPM Specialist General cleaner and Server (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 5, 2017
Very Good And Flexible Schedule But the hotel was sold to another company and they close my position giving me a layoff
Very Hard To Move on another position which I stayed For 10 years
Pros
Good health insurance and 401k benefits
Cons
No free lunch
productive
Front Desk Agent/Night Auditor (Current Employee) –  Laurel, MDJanuary 5, 2017
Checking guests in/out, and talking to guests on daily basis is always beneficial. I like working for Marriott, and would recommend it to young adults.
The Director of Security at this property is a psychotic
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAJanuary 4, 2017
I used to work at this property and let me say I'm not worried about them finding out who I am reason being 5 of us left within a month of working for the psychotic of a Director of Security at this property. Marriott is a good company to work for just not at this property.
I went through so much bs working at the Anaheim property. On an average day you will be writing at least three to four incident reports, your team members will do what they can to not help you at all, if you work grave yard shift get ready to do everybody else's job at night.
Even though they have a doorman they will make you stand in the middle of the lobby for two straight hours in the beginning of your shift to greet guests instead of patrolling. The only good thing about this place was the pay bit with the amount of stress, work load, and a crazy unstable boss that no one likes it is not worth the money.
Pros
Great pay for hotel security
Cons
Big work load, high stress, mixed up priorities, and horrible leadership from all departments at this site.
Wish for a little more for housekeeping.
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Killeen, TXJanuary 2, 2017
I love the work and great many of the guest, but in the 3 years I have worked for Marriott Town Place Suites i received only one .25 cent raise and can not afford benefits.
a beautiful place to work wish for a little more to offer for housekeeping just can not live off the pay.
Pros
meet people from near and far.
Cons
Can not afford the offered benefit.
Great place to work, good connection between job and home
Director of Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 1, 2017
I love having the freedom and empowered position to truly serve my guest. I find the position of department heads challenging. Working with associates, discovering their talents and aspirations is like a breath of fresh air.
Pros
Parking, gym, breakfast and lunch, book exchange
Cons
Smoking outside the garage entrance
good company
Sous Chef (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 29, 2016
I have worked for Marriott almost 10 years now. It is a great company to work for if you are career driven. for job stability it is great the ability to transfer is great.
Good
Restaurant Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PADecember 28, 2016
Good benefits, fun work environment, good people to work with, enjoyable most days, independence, good management, something new every day
Do your research before joining
F&B Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Ritz-Carlton WaikikiDecember 28, 2016
Overall, a place I would not recommend. Solid mainland mentality with a group of managers and directors from the mainland not willing to know or understand Hawaii. Being part of the biggest hotel chain is a benefit but the have a long way to go,
Pros
Company standards
Cons
Poor management, work and pay ratio not good, mainland mentality
Productive work environment
Housekeeping Supervisor (Former Employee) –  North Wales, PADecember 27, 2016
The Marriott is a great place to work it's productive and it keeps you busy so that your day go by fast . The staff is very friendly and is always willing to help out their teammates. The benefits package is good also but because I live and work in 2 different counties they take out 2 sets of taxes which is really a lot
Pros
Good benefits package
Cons
To much taxes taking out of check

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Marriott International, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Marriott International, Inc. Reviews by Location