Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews in United States

Found 7,088 reviews matching the search
nice Hotel
Supervisor/Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MNJuly 18, 2016
A typical day at work is good, refreshing, pleasant people. Since being employed at this Courtyard I've learned a lot more of being more responsible. the management staff is pleasant and kind. the co-workers are easy to get along with but you have your good/bad days overall good.the hair in bathrooms so disgusting.being able to sometimes appreciate your co-workers.
Pros
good, friendly staff from front desk to banquet staff
Cons
no meals for employees, pay per room, no reasonable health insurance
Awesome company to work for
Server / Customer service (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJune 22, 2016
A typical day at work consisted of open/ close procedures, pre-shift meetings where we would go over the hotel events, the percentage of in house guests we had. Serve customers with the utmost respect. I learned that there really are companies that truly care about their employees, and go above and beyond to make sure that we were happy first. My co-workers all worked together as a team, and all got along very well. There really wasn't a hard part of the job, and the most enjoyable, was being able to meet a vast majority of different people with different ethnicities ....
Pros
Awesome management team
Productive Learning Place
Dining Room Attendant (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCPJune 29, 2016
Usually a days work is busy from start to finish. I have learned so much there from being there like building my character, and becoming a leader. Management is at its best there everything is in a order in which employees can succeed. The coworkers are like any other coworkers at a good you will have those who are willing to work and those who just want to have a job and work. The hardest art of my job is nothing I love what I do. The most enjoyable part of my job is meeting and talking to new people.
Fun place to work, with multi culture and great support
Director of Food and Beverage (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAJuly 10, 2016
A typical day at work for me was to meet and exceed internal and external guests exception by providing support to my team . In addition , creating an environment where individual could give 100% participation to achieve the department goal,which I find out with motivation and recognition team will reach their objective goal ,
Pros
Recognitizing staff by samply mentioning their name at staff meeting
Cons
The benefit that the company is offering
Team work driven environment that focuses on guest satisfaction
Room Attendant (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJune 28, 2016
A typical day at work consists of providing service for guests staying in the hotel and preparing rooms to be sold.

I have improved my customer service skills by dealing directly with the guests and attending to their needs.

Management is approachable, and cares about the needs of the employees

My co-workers are team work driven as well

The hardest part of the job is being able to successfully anticipate the needs of the guests.

The most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with the guests
Pros
ability to work individually
Cons
limited advancement
I love to meet and talk to new people.
Front Desk Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 21, 2016
A typical day at work would be checking in guests in rooms. Everyday I learn something different. Every manager do their job and make sure each employer do their job as well. My co-workers are very nice people and we work as a team. The hardest part about my job is trying to make sure every guest is happy and nothing goes wrong. The most enjoyable thing about my job is meeting new people and being able to talk to new people about anything.
Pros
hotel discounts
Cons
no paid time off
Great place to work, Awsome perks for all employees
Chief Engineer (Current Employee) –  Newark, CAJuly 14, 2016
Day to day operation of maintenance as chief engineer.
Management is very attentive and marriott HR are always just a phone call away for any issues or questions. This company truly cares and wants it employees to thrive and succeed.
The discounts given for marriott employees who stay at other hotels while traveling can sometimes be amazing.
Usually for most places the hardest part of the job can be loosing a great employee or management turn-over
Pros
great benefits and perks
Cons
hotel staff is always changing
Relaxing and Calm place to work
Spa Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 23, 2016
Greeting guest for services. Coordinate and prepare for any special events such as anniversaries, birthdays, pre-weddings, honeymoons, etc... I have learned the operations of ordering for a spa, schedule appointments for individual services and groups. My management team are great and my input is very taken into considerations for decisions. We have a great team that work on making the spa our number 1 priority. the spa is very small with very few amenities. Everything.
Pros
I am very much part of the day to day in the spa.
Cons
There is no room for growth within the spa.
Professional Environment filled with motivated individuals.
Night Auditor/Sales (Former Employee) –  Westampton, NJJuly 5, 2016
Goals set daily for Staff to meet revenue thresholds. Positive Customer service is required to succeed in the hospitality career path as often times Guest reviews will lead to repeat guests & new guests. Staff positivity is required and must be maintained by management as this leads to happier work environment for both the guests and employees. The Marriott brand makes sure that the Customer is always taken care of, especially through the rewards program which is important to promote.
Pros
Brand Standards, Business Class Guests, Plethora of Amenities
rewarding experinces
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Dania Beach, FLJuly 8, 2016
customer service can be a fun filled and rewarding job but at times it can be difficult dealing with people from all walks of life if you let it ;the one thing you must take remember daily is that you are there to serve and satisfy to the best of your ability. you get to work with fellow team mates who in time become your family; also the support from managers when needed so you are never alone.
You learn something or about someone new daily, meeting and helping people is a gift;one must appreciate this gift, it teaches you to grow in life.. Key to knowing how you can help others is by listening and never judging but by putting yourself in others shoes.
Customer Loyalty
Front Desk Agent /Sales/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAJune 20, 2016
My typical work day is very fast paced and i stay productive in all ways possible, we are cross trained in all areas to help our team be more productive, Our loyalty is to the customers and most of all the customer is always right. I've learned over the years on how to be more efficient with my time and to learn new things in down time as much as possible.
I feel that i have the Marriott standards fully down and that i want to advance into training others to be a cheerleader for Marriott and make all of our employees training fun and to never stop learning !!
Great team with long history working together
FRONT DESK ASSOCIATE/NIGHT AUDITOR (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJune 20, 2016
The most rewarding parts of the job include working in a team and making the clients stay as enjoyable as possible. I have been working with my coworkers for over five years and we have developed into a very close team in that time. Our long history together has enabled us to solve problems in an efficient and rewarding manner. Working with the clients is also really interesting as I get to meet people from all over the world with all different types of background. I have grown close to many of the long term and repeat clients who often stop by the front desk to chat.
Pros
Meeting people from all over the world, Coworkers
Cons
No breaks, stressful when very busy
Money hungry Corporation
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Oldsmar, FLJune 22, 2016
Marriott is great to work for as a 1st time job, gives you the customer service experience. Terrible as a long time employment- over works employees without over time (due to the 2 week/bi weekly pay base). Back to back shifts (16hrs in 24 hr. period). Raises are a joke (2%). Does not pay time in a half for holidays worked, instead will take your next scheduled day off and will use your PTO to pay you. Offers great Marriott discounts for employees, but you never will have the day off to enjoy them.
Marriott is another evil corporation, that doesn't care for their employees just their own wallets.
Server assistant
Banquet Services Assistant (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 28, 2016
My Daily day at the hotel on the daily basis was to meet and greet all guest, I also worked within the restaurant of the hotel as a server assistant which means i assisted the servers with all duties asked of me. I haven't come across a hard part of the job, but I will say it had its ups and downs within working both banquet and restaurant. The most enjoyable part of the job was coming across new people and learning from my employees, It was a very good experience and meet everyone that I did.
Front Desk, Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Newport Coast, CAJuly 8, 2016
This was a great place to work. Management staff was unbelievable. learned a lot about customer service and working with a team. hardest part of the job was the hours. I usually work late nights which made it hard for me to have time for social life and family which ultimately lead to my decision to look for something else. most enjoyable part of the job were the people i worked with and the enjoyment of making our guests feel like they were at a home away from home. I love making people happy, and i got an opportunity to do that at Marriott on a daily basis.
Management is key
Housekeeper/ Bistro Attendant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 10, 2016
I must say working here was not what I thought it would be. I wanted to quit at first because the housekeeping department was being overworked. However, working a whole summer with no a/c and elevators breaking every other day I still stuck it out. This is the hardest working department and the most underpaid. Bistro department was ok. This department could have been excellent if management did not lack proper training and communication skills. The manager and supervisor are too close that it effects the employees and the business. If they don't like you, you are retaliated against.
Pros
customers tip well, benefits
Cons
care more about the guest than employees
Typical day at the Marriott
Front Desk Associate/Night Audit (Former Employee) –  Morgan Hill, CAJuly 13, 2016
Clock in and read the notes passed down from the previous shift, count the drawer and witness the previous shift's drop, print all documents needed for the day, such as arrivals and the next day's departures. Greet/Check-in guests. This job has taught me patience, communication, and problem solving. I would say the hardest part of the job was running the hotel all by myself while attending to the guests needs, checking in the late arrivals, and dealing with reoccurring emergencies. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with my co-workers due to their great attitude and story telling.
Pros
Great Co-workers
My first career
Lake Tahoe ­Sales Manager Frontline/In House (Former Employee) –  South Lake Tahoe, CAJuly 16, 2016
Marriott is such a great company to work for. From customer service to taking care of their employees, they really have it all figured out. It was a great place for me to learn in my early stages of my career life, the importance of quality and service. I started there and within a year and a half was promoted to sales manager at only 27 years old! When the economy took its turn for the worst, we all lost our jobs, and that's when I went to Resorts West Vacation Club.
Friendly and caring environment
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Vacaville, CAJune 16, 2016
At the Fairfield Inn the guest is the main focus. In order to secure ultimate and secure comfort, we offered a complimentary breakfast buffet and clean comfortable rooms during the stay. My responsibilities were to set up the breakfast buffet and maintain the food and beverage supply, inventory, ordering of supplies, and volunteer my services where ever they were needed, such as in the house keeping department or with keeping the laundry up.
Pros
Fun and friendly environment
Cons
Low work hours
Great company
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FloridaJune 17, 2016
This company has been great to work for. The management provides great feedback and support in order for growth opportunities. The environment is that of a family rather than simply a workplace. And the benefits are outstanding!
If there is anything that I haven't come across, the team is always willing to take it as a teaching opportunity. I enjoy this company through and through.
Pros
Hotel Stays, Great team, Insurance benefits
Cons
Can't think of any

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Marriott International, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Marriott International, Inc. Reviews by Location