Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews in United States

Found 7,005 reviews matching the search
Comfortable environment with great guests
Food and Beverage Attendant (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJune 30, 2016
Marriott is definitely something that I would pursue later on in life when I would be ready to start my career. You never know how the day could go just because of the occupancy but that's the joy of it all!
Pros
Great benefits, good pay
Cons
Erratic schedules
Productive Learning Place
Dining Room Attendant (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCPJune 29, 2016
Usually a days work is busy from start to finish. I have learned so much there from being there like building my character, and becoming a leader. Management is at its best there everything is in a order in which employees can succeed. The coworkers are like any other coworkers at a good you will have those who are willing to work and those who just want to have a job and work. The hardest art of my job is nothing I love what I do. The most enjoyable part of my job is meeting and talking to new people.
Very good place to work
Banquet Server (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 29, 2016
Making sure to serve customers in a timely manner
How to manage my time
Good
Very helpful
Dealing with negative people
Meeting and greeting new people
Pros
Making sure I have all my tools to work with
Cons
Benefits, Vacation
Server assistant
Banquet Services Assistant (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 28, 2016
My Daily day at the hotel on the daily basis was to meet and greet all guest, I also worked within the restaurant of the hotel as a server assistant which means i assisted the servers with all duties asked of me. I haven't come across a hard part of the job, but I will say it had its ups and downs within working both banquet and restaurant. The most enjoyable part of the job was coming across new people and learning from my employees, It was a very good experience and meet everyone that I did.
Team work driven environment that focuses on guest satisfaction
Room Attendant (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJune 28, 2016
A typical day at work consists of providing service for guests staying in the hotel and preparing rooms to be sold.

I have improved my customer service skills by dealing directly with the guests and attending to their needs.

Management is approachable, and cares about the needs of the employees

My co-workers are team work driven as well

The hardest part of the job is being able to successfully anticipate the needs of the guests.

The most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with the guests
Pros
ability to work individually
Cons
limited advancement
Well run company with strong leadership
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Avon, INJune 28, 2016
Had a schedule of projects that needed to be accomplished first and daily preventative maintenance jobs as well.
I learned the inner workings how a well run hotel was operated.
The hotel I worked at had an outstanding management staff that was very professional and had the well being of its staff and clientel.
Our staff was very well trained and took pride in the performance of there responsibilities and the hotel.
I believe the hardest part of my job was unexpected break downs.
Also my most enjoyable part of the job was the feeling I got of overcoming an unexpected chore that completed in a minimum of time.
Pros
Benefits that come with working for Marriott
Cons
I can not think of anything. This company really cares for it's staff
very productive and professional environment.
Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Redondo Beach, CAJune 28, 2016
It was very fun accommodating the guest. I enjoyed cleaning up the rooms and making sure all my guest needs were fulfilled as well as providing excellent customer service,
Productive and fun workplace
Housekeeping/Customer Service/Houseman services (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSJune 28, 2016
Good place to work. The people are great and its always something new. If you want a laid back but fast paced job this is for you
Pros
Cons
Odd hours
Great, staff, engaging work, well compensated.
Barista/Host/Busser/Room Service/Concierge (Former Employee) –  Farmington, CTJune 27, 2016
Standard hotel jobs with good coworkers.Lot's of opportunity to take other shifts in different departments.High possibilities for advancement in the hotel and relocation to other hotels.
fun
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCJune 27, 2016
you meet all sorts of people with different ethnic, the company is very understanding of your needs and will help you in any way. there are ways to make money by just smiling and having great customer service
Pros
lunch sometimes
Cons
no time for breaks barely
Energetic work place that keep you on your toes.
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 27, 2016
A typical day is checking guest in and out of the hotel and making reservations, also maintaining guest satisfaction. We also manage the cash drawer and accounts that guest have within the hotel.
the most enjoyable part of the job
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Ypsilanti, MIJune 27, 2016
I enjoyed working with my co workers on a daily basis, interacting with guests. Also making sure my job duty was completed on time and to guests standards.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
having to do a stay over in 15 mins
great place to work
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Chester, VAJune 26, 2016
Great place to be developed and to gain career advancement.Great benefits for you and your family. Able to relocate any where in the world.
Culture is one of the big deal.
Food and Beverage Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Washington, DC 20005June 25, 2016
I love dealing with the guest to make guest happy and associate. Working environment is good and happy place to work with. The hardest part is when management don't get as one and do what they think is good for them self and not for the many.
Pros
Good benefits.
Cons
Managements not too good.
Good Hotel Chain with High Standards
Employee (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJune 24, 2016
Marriott is a great place to learn about having high standards and they give you the tools to advance in your career.

It is a little frustrating cutting through all the paperwork, but overall beneficial
High End Hotel with Lots of Amenities
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Bozeman, MTJune 24, 2016
I had fun working here and I got to meet a lot of great, exciting people traveling through town. I learned a great deal of customer service and how to handle difficult situations. management was great the time I was there, I believe it is under new management now. Co-workers were 50/50. some great some not, as it is everywhere.
Fair place to work
Banquet Manager (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNJune 24, 2016
Come to work and check emails for any changes then proceed to the floor to check on and assist associates. Go to daily stand up to relay any updates or information about the hotel
Pros
free lunch
Cons
healthcare and salary
Customer service
Guest Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, CAJune 24, 2016
Prepare daily reports, balance transactions, and conduct security walks
Update and modify reservations and perform concierge duties as needed
Effectively resolve customer disputes in a professional and timely manner
Responsible for maintaining a clean and presentable lobby that represents the quality and standards set by Marriott International
I would recommend working for Marriott any day!
Sales Clerk (Former Employee) –  Kapolei, HIJune 23, 2016
The star rating can speak for the review. Also the only reason I gave a two star for Job Security is because I lost my job because the hotel closed down. Otherwise I would probable still be working for Marriott.
Pros
Health care, location, free lunch, free parking
Easy, productive.
Banquet Server (Current Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAJune 23, 2016
I've learned that sometimes no matter how perfect you treat a customer, they still may not be satisfied. I love working at the marriot being a banquet server but we always have different events, with new people.
Pros
Eating for free
Cons
Short breaks, long days