Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews

Found 4,048 reviews matching the search
not a bad place to work
Chief Maintenance Engineer (Former Employee) –  Rossford, OHDecember 7, 2016
not a bad place to work flexible schedule good for a family person the pay could be better and you will have to work weekends
Great Management
Marriott Residence Inn (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSDecember 7, 2016
Dedicated workers, understanding and caring staff members, very supportive and uplifting. Great team work hard workers, determined staff members. I love everyone there.
Pros
AMAZING
Excellent
Costumer Service Representative (on-call) (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LADecember 5, 2016
Marriott is a huge company. Their philosophy is if they treat their employees nicely, the employees will treat the guest nicely. It is true. Lots of room to grow and advance or you can do the same job for 30 years, its up to you.
Pros
Great benefits, free meals, room rate discounts
Cons
no employee parking
Had a few things to do but was very laid back
Bell Person (Former Employee) –  Provo, UTDecember 5, 2016
The managers were super cool and great to work with. The Marriott team all around was great. I love that I would come in and all ready knew what my day was going to be like.
Productive place to work
Laundry Attendant (Former Employee) –  Homestead, PANovember 28, 2016
I did laundry here i bartended and cooked also i liked working with people and interacting with the people from different states n countries over all it was a good experience
Pros
Health care was provided and u could get raises and tips
Cons
Nothing really
what a nightmare job
Kitchen Staff (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, NJNovember 27, 2016
I got a job working for the Marriott residence inn I have never seen such a extremely unprofessional Gm management as this one omg what a nightmare I cooked breakfast in the morning and the GM was very petty
Pros
room discount
Cons
back biting
Still wonderful
Guest Service Agent/Front Desk (Former Employee) –  Burlingame, CANovember 16, 2016
Best career advancement opportunities. Training tools unlimited. there is always someone willing to cross train you with new skills and add onto your experience.
Pros
all
Cons
non
Fast paced, stressful workplace
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CANovember 16, 2016
Working here is great for a person with no responsibilities or family. Promised advancement is what kept me on and never saw it. Very stressful and often, you would be left as a team of 1 while other coworkers talked and visited.
Bad Management
PM Guest Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCNovember 14, 2016
The company itself has decent benefits. Free life insurance after 90 days and your PTO (2hrs for every 40 hours) accures after this time. The pay is absolutely awful and it's sad that you have to beg for money. The only upside is if you like to travel the room rates at some of the nicer chains can be very decent. As far as management (GM & Assistant GM) is concerned at the Courtyard Greenville Haywood Mall they are racist, biased and extremely unprofessional. They will belittle you and make you feel as though you aren't a valued employee even when you're going above and beyond for them. I have never in all my years come across such heartless and ungrateful people. I hope that Marriott cleans up that mess for the sake of their brand.
Pros
Room rate discount
Cons
Bad management, no breaks if working by yourself
Productive workplace
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  GeorgiaNovember 11, 2016
I experienced decent staffing at this company great working experience good pay great timing skills working as a team great learning experience
Pros
Timing
Cons
Staffing
solid if unspectacular
Food and Beverage Associate (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 7, 2016
loved my time here. couldve used it better. possibility for movement and advancment. great culture, and the whole place was like being with family, wich is good because i spent most of my time there.
Busy
Regional lead (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NENovember 4, 2016
It was fun to work the coworkers was amazing and always fun and adventurous however the repetition and confusing part of the job were the rules and requirements
Great Company to work for
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Hollywood Park, TXNovember 4, 2016
Company cared about it's employees. Offered great benefits. Company would be flexible on hours and would always be open for training and be hiring for job advancement.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
never should have left company
Loved it
Assistant Event Services Manager (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 26, 2016
Had to move on because I couldn't commit to the long hours but they have an excellent management development program and you can move up quickly. The work is hard but worth it.
Hospitality, and customer service has always been a need in society.
Manager of Events (Former Employee) –  Kingsgate Conference Center Cincinnati OhioOctober 25, 2016
I have been in the hotel industry off and on since I got out of high school it's truly my passion I love it, and with Marriott International I was able to advance a great deal over the years, and at the point when I resigned I had interviewed for a position that I had been working in Arizona at a resort due to the Manager of Events had quit, and they needed someone to fill the position for a while, and it was the same position I held but at a larger hotel. The salary at the hotel in Arizona paid 98k plus bonus, and I was forced to resign because my assistant general manager didn't like the fact that I would be making more money than him without a college degree, and he made things hard , and was trying to terminate my employment with the company so I resigned. I'm not bitter I feel the change of employment to Rite of Passage gave me a better outlook on life.
Pros
Advancement
Cons
N/A
The owners of the Marriott franchise, are a father's and son. The father is a horrible rude man
Laundry Attendant (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, NYOctober 23, 2016
They built this hotel here in Niagara Falls USA, in rhe summer of 2016. I was one of 1st to be hired before the hotel opened. My title was Laundry Attended. NEVER did one load. I helped cleaned and stage this 75 room hotel OVER & OVER again for 2 weeks! They were hiring construction workers off of the street! Their grand opening was postponed FOUR TIMES! A very unprofessional work environment to say least! Most importantly, is how the father treats his employees...only 2 people remain on staff from the original crew....says alot about this particular hotel.
Pros
ZERO PROS
Cons
The whole situation was a Cons!
Loved every moment
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILOctober 16, 2016
let me just put it this way if i didnt have to move i wouldnt have left i loved meeting new people working with associates was always a great time everyday was a fun day even the cold winter days
Pros
great family enviroment
Cons
healthcare
Productive Workplace that enabled rofessional & Personall growth
SENIOR PROGRAM SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Bethesda, MDOctober 6, 2016
Acquired a great wealth of knowledge in this corporation. Excellent working environment, Family First Valued Employer that sets a great example of strength and preserverance. Corporation remains a top 50 employer to work for within the USA thus far. Would resume a career in the company if the opportunity to do so presented itself.
Pros
Benefits great employer
Cons
Location is optimal commute was not but overall great benefits packages and salaries to counteract
Fun Place to work
Front Desk Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Dickinson, NDOctober 5, 2016
Marriott International is one of the best companies to work for. Great people, great environment and challenging work load. Continuous learning and a lot of opportunities for growth
Productive Team
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLOctober 2, 2016
I have not worked in a Marriott Hotel for a couple years now. But I do remember that the staff and employees were always friendly and inviting. I worked in the kitchen and was never really seen by most of the workers in the hotel. I worked along side the kitchen crew and worked mostly nights. The kitchen was very well put together and always ran efficiently. Sometimes the management hired a bad worker or two in the 3 years I was there. But the main staff and cooks were always wonderful.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Marriott International, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Marriott International, Inc. Reviews by Location