Marriott International, Inc.
3,337 reviews

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews

bistro
front desk associate/bistro (Current Employee), Florence, KYJuly 1, 2015
A typical day at work was to greet customers/guests take their order serve them and have great people skills make them feel welcome and at home enjoy their stay
Easy going environment, with a professional staff
Server (Current Employee), Riverside, CAJuly 1, 2015
Pros: Free employee meals, respectful staff
Cons: Can be very slow during dinner time
Overall, I enjoy the work environment and feel very comfortable in the atmosphere there. My coworkers are easy going but very professional and so it makes it a very pleasant work experience.
Housekeeper (Current Employee), Victoria, TXJuly 1, 2015
Pros: Greeting customers
Cons: short breaks
A typical day at work can be stressful of how many rooms you have. What we learn is how to get along with one another. Management is good to know your boss and how he like to organize things. My co workers are friendly and we help out each other. The hardest part of the job is lifting mattresses. The most enjoyable part of the job is getting the job done and helping other co workers with their job.
Great workplace with excellent staff and even better managers
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee), Saint George, UTJune 30, 2015
Pros: Marriott discount benefits, fun work team.
Cons: Short breaks, no healthcare, no benefits.
I love my management team. That is probably what I love most about my current job. They all make sure you are well taken care of and make sure you know that you matter as part of the team. Our team of employees is exemplary here, earning us as on of the top Courtyard Marriott's in the world.
Great company
Bartender, Room services (Former Employee), Coronado, CAJune 30, 2015
all tho like most jobs you dislike some thing. if you are lucky enough to work for marroitt do it. the marroitt family prides themselves on taking care of their employees
Lack of good management
Kitchen Manager (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAJune 30, 2015
The place is a revolving door of employees and that's never a good sign. it has great people that come through the door but very little in the way of opportunities for advancement.
Fair
Operations Manager (Former Employee), Courtyard, Bakersfield, CAJune 30, 2015
Pros: Large affiliation and company perks
Cons: Poor training;
While I knew working in a small hotel would be much different that what I was used to, I did not expect nor was I told the extent of those differences. The entry level staff worked their buns off at their own jobs as well as jobs they weren't hired for. For example; Front Desk clerks also had to make food in the restaurant and clean the kitchen; and Night Porters were required to cook and serve food. That did not make sense to me. I was hired as an Ops Manager for the Hotel, and my duties morphed in to scrubbing drains in the kitchen and managing the restaurant.
Training for the various jobs expected was poor and GM was very quick to write up those who made mistakes along the way. 26 years in the industry did not prepare me for 5 months at the Courtyard.
Employees were awesome......Customers were awesome.....GM, not so much.
Work environment needs regulation
Banquets (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJune 30, 2015
Pros: Free Lunches, workable wage
Cons: Lapses in Business, complacent managers
Our job was to launch banquet events according to the event orders for the day. Learned workload management, interacting with other departments to get banquet orders fulfilled. Co-workers were not forward-thinking, and at times inconsiderate to guest needs. Hardest part of the job was interacting with co-workers unwilling to execute in the workplace. The most enjoyable? Free food! Lots of downtime used to prep and clean.
Great Company
Event Coordinator (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJune 29, 2015
Pros: Weekly pay for hourly associates
Great benefits, management, and overall a GREAT COMPANY. I love working here. I would definitely recommend someone to work for the company because my experience thus far has been excellent
bad pay - not flexible
Guest Service Agent (Former Employee), Lincoln, NEJune 29, 2015
I was forced to pump my breast milk in the laundry room (with people coming and going). If someone came in or the phone rang I had to stop pumping even if there were others that could have helped --they didn't. My milk dried up and I ended up having to feed my baby formula ($40 a can!!) I wish I knew my rights!

Also if I ever sat down to eat the GM looked at me like I was crazy even though he sat on facebook for hours at a time. I couldn't get out of there quick enough.
Learning expercience on ways managers run a resturaunt/bar
Hospitality-Bartender (Former Employee), The Woodlands, TXJune 29, 2015
Pros: employee rates, employee benefits
Cons: company support for life balance/hourly pay/ job security
typical day- arrive to work, clock in for schedule shifts, open area (entire Bistro/Bar/Kitchen/Starbucks) fully stock bar/fridge, turn on ovens, Set up tables/bars, count drawer, take orders/wait on customers, Use Micros system to maintain checks of guests, make/serve drinks, make/serve dinners, clean glasses, clean dishes, return dishes, return glasses, clean up tables, take/make/deliver to-go orders, count down drawer/ daily credit/cash report, make Daily Credit-Card drop, make Daily Cash drop, Clean area of any food, dust, or disposable materials, sweep/mop FOH and BOH stock for next shift, switch over each fridge, clean Starbucks machine/check espresso beans, set-up bar for morning shift, fill out daily food logs, daily refrigerator logs, do weekly inventory logs, drop Cash/Credit drops, return keys, clock out for scheduled shift.

Management/Co-workers could have been more helpful through-out shift when guests would arrive in groups and wait times exceeded 10 min

Best part of my work was communicating to the different people who came to the hotel and being able to make a positive impact on their lives and experience with the Marriott

Hardest part of my work was working so hard and many hours for so little appreciation from the company/coworkers/management
Marriott
Business Transient Sales Manager (Former Employee), Mount Laurel, NJJune 29, 2015
Loved working for Marriott, but shortly after arrival, the hotel lost the flag and it became independent. Losing Marriott name is suicide for any hotel.
Marriott
Guest Service Agent (Former Employee), DFWJune 29, 2015
Pros: the company by itself is awesome
Cons: very poor management
as per my experience, the typical day of work will depend on how passionate you are about what you do; I learned that are some things that you can't change but you can make the difference. Regarding management, I have experienced good and caring managers to work with and those who forgot the Marriott legacy "take care of the employees, so they take care of the guest"
There was high turn over in the management positions which seemed to keep customer service quality from reaching its full potential.
Bistro Attendant (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLJune 28, 2015
Pros: Regular customers were a joy to serve.
Cons: 6 different managers the time that I was there.
I was excited to come to work because of guest. Serving people and making them feel at home was the highlight of the job. The over all building needed updating. That was probably the most consistent complaint from guest.
Learning and Growth
Maintenance / Van Driver (Former Employee), Beachwood, OHJune 28, 2015
Pros: I was part of a team
Cons: Commute
In Van Driver I would transport guest to and from the airport and other locations

In Maintenance:
Electrical/ Plumbing
Painting / Drywall
Taking care of the swimming pool
Repair and Replace items throughout the hotel as needed
Attended to the Guests needs
Maintained the Interior / Exterior of building
Housekeeping Cleaner
Housekeeping Cleaner (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAJune 27, 2015
Pros: i love my jobs
Cons: no cons
Performs routine duties in cleaning and servicing of guest rooms and baths under supervision of housekeeping supervisor. Room attendant promotes a positive image of the property to guests and must be pleasant, honest, friendly and should also able to address guest requests and problems.
Excellent Company
Guest Service Representative (Former Employee), Lancaster, PAJune 27, 2015
I worked for them for over 7 yrs and loved the clients and co-workers alike. I would recommend this company to anyone that is looking to work with people.
fun place to work a few hard people work with.
Event Operations Intern (Current Employee), New Orleans, LAJune 27, 2015
Pros: free lunch, room discounts, language enhancement
Cons: short breaks
this job is a great place for you to learn management skill and it will also help you enhance your performance. You will bump into some people thats quite hard on you but if you can overcome that it'll just make other problems easier in life.
Had a wonderful time working here, and I wish I would've stayed.
VALET LEAD SUPERVISOR (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJune 27, 2015
It was a wonderful company to work for and, I would recommend it to anyone. Great atmosphere, great people, and properly ran. If the opportunity arises, I would return.
awsome
Chief Engineer (Current Employee), ft lauderdaleJune 27, 2015
great work great team and great place to grow
we never sleep!! i work so hard to get a better position and i get it

springhill and Fairfield suites are the best places ever

1 2 3 4 5

About Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc., is a leading lodging and hospitality company that develops, operates, and franchises hotels, corporate – Read more

Marriott International, Inc. Salaries