Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews in United States

Found 6,829 reviews matching the search
Life with Marriott
Hostess/Server (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 3, 2016
The Ritz Carlton St Thomas is actually where loving hospitality came into play for me!! Started off as a server assistant and worked my way up!! I then decided to make a change in life which is how I ended up at the Marriott World Center in Orlando.. Working at the World Center was got a bit boring for me due to the fact that I started as a hostess (not the job for me) At both Marriotts the coworkers were all like family.
Fun place great benefits
Front Desk Agent/Concierge/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 3, 2016
Working and traveling are an important part of my life. Traveling so see both east and west coast has given me the ability to explore Mother Earth
nice rooms
houseman (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVMay 3, 2016
i work well with others so being able to work in a hotel to give my hospitality service to good use and make sure the guest are happy and comfortable
Pros
discounts
Cons
managers
Great workers, terrible customers
Guest Representative (Former Employee) –  Hamburg-Lexington South, KYMay 3, 2016
Business people are the worst to deal with. Marriott has too many rewards and ways of sucking up to business people that they think they own you.
Pros
good boss
Cons
no lunch break
Stressful Environment
Guest Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 3, 2016
Terrible management leads to high turnover of good employees and there are no real opportunities for advancement. On the other hand, there are very loyal guest who loves the staff and keeps coming back because of the staff.
managing emplyee
Banquets Captain (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GAMay 3, 2016
opening procedures and closing procedures. I learned to work with the computer system. Management and co-workers where very pleasant. The hardest part is confronting gossip with coworker and trying no to fall in to the game. Meeting new and pleasant guest.
Pros
Very good benefits
Cons
very long days
Excelent Company
Front Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Vestal, NYMay 2, 2016
A company that cares about their employees and a place where you can feel as part of a family. For 11 1/2 years I went to work feeling great about what I do and feeling confident make decisions at any given point.
Sorry Management
Associate (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMay 2, 2016
The company as a whole is a great company to work for. If you end up at a property where the management is strictly for themselves and not for the company, you could end up with a job you hate going to. My years of experience on the job has given me skills to use on other jobs. I never turned down any opportunities to grow in the company, but was always looked over for moving into different positions in the company.
Pros
free breakfast
Cons
Management is very unprofessional
Everyone was nice and friendly
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMay 2, 2016
On a typical work day I would ring out about 50-70 people up a day. Clean my area and help customers find things that they wanted to purchase. my co workers were also nice and would help me bagged up guest items if the store wasnt to busy.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short breaks and standing on your feet all day
Front Desk agent/night auditor
Guest Service Representative/Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Rosedale, MDMay 2, 2016
I did the over nightshift/ Night auditor. once I come in for the evening I check to see how many arrival were left to check in. I look over the log book or any of the problem we had from the day.so that I need to comp stay I would know. also check for all the elite and platinum guest were. so that gift bag are in the rooms.i made out the to do list for the handyman and the security guard. and the housekeeper. then around 3am I start the close down of the hotel closing all work money inventory notes,credits etc.. then once that record is done..you start up for the next business day. with the check out have each one put under each guest door. set up for the breakfast.
Pros
love meeting and talking with people from all over the world
Cons
just did not get paid enough
Awesome
FRONT OFFICE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Tucker, GAMay 1, 2016
Working at a hotel where you can provide exceptional customer service is the best feeling there is! I love working for Marriott.
Pros
Welcoming guests, professionalism, pay scale
Cons
Not being able to please and address every guest issue or concern.
"Family"
Sales Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDMay 1, 2016
People you see everyday, chance to grow if you are willing. typically phones open up at 8:00am and closes at 5pm so managers work longer than usual. the hours are kind of flexible.
Pros
occasional free treats
Cons
lower than average pay
Okay Place
Hostess/Server (Former Employee) –  Somers Point, NJMay 1, 2016
I liked it.
I worked with food.
It was nice, co-workers were nice and management was good most of the time.
I would recommend
Saint Louis Marriott West is a terrible company to work for.
Front Office Employee (Former Employee) –  Marriott West, Town and Country MissouriApril 30, 2016
This is one of the worst companies I've worked for, and I've worked a few jobs. They don't pay much and work you half to death. When you ask for Management to help, they don't. They are useless. They go through so many employees and management. They're now started to lose their longtime faithful dedicated employees, that should tell you something. Director of Human Resources is terrible, she has NO clue as to what she's doing. Stay as far a way from this one as you possibly can, you have been warned!
Pros
Absolutely none!!!!
Cons
Everything, and then some.
Good family company
Senior Legal Secretary Franchise Law Department (Former Employee) –  Bethesda, MDApril 30, 2016
Supported Assistant General Counsel and Director of Franchise Administration and two paralegals with preparation of franchise agreements and documents associated with the sale and management of Marriott hotel properties; word processing; scheduling appointments, arranging business travel, meeting planning; correspondence and logistical support.
Pros
Good working conditions and benefits
Fun workplace
Bistro Attendant (Former Employee) –  Mankato, MN 56001April 30, 2016
Got to experience meeting new people from all over the place. I loved learning how the hotel business is run. I was put in charge of the Bistro area as soon as I was hired on.
food service cook
food sevice (Current Employee) –  Gurnee, ILApril 30, 2016
food service,team player, answer qustions, cook service, clean as i go check temps , check daily stock, get to talk to people all day .
Hands down, the BEST company I've ever worked for
House Officer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 29, 2016
Marriott Intl was hands down the best company, I've had the pleasure of working for. The support from the front line all the way up to the owner of the company is always there in your corner always offering help for any concerns that arise.
Love the family culture
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEApril 28, 2016
Love my managers and the family culture but I pay sucked. I loved coming to work because of the culture and coworkers but eventually I needed to find a better paying job.
Excellent Hotel Company
Software Support/Auditor/Night Manager (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAApril 28, 2016
There is great things about every job but sometimes you run into different personalities that can make your job difficult. Marriott has a wonderful team that made it difficult to leave after having worked here for 8 years.
Pros
Excellent management team and HR