Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews in United States

Found 4,019 reviews matching the search
Terrible management and no advancement
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCMarch 31, 2016
I worked at the Marriott in downtown winston-salem and it was dreadful. The management and human resources department never knew anything. The front office manager had a bad attitude she picked favorites. She would treat you differently then she would treat her favorites and she didn't care who had a problem with it. She never gave you any type of praise when you did well or went over and beyond for a guest. She always made big deals about petty things always focusing on what wasn't done. There was no balance between family life and work. They don't care if you was sick, had a death in the family or car problems they would still write you up for being absent. They have been through sooooo many different managers and front office clerks in just a short amount of time which is a BIG sign.
Pros
Free lunch great benefits
Cons
Low pay, terrible management, lack of advancement, no work balance
Productive and Fun Place to Work
Guest Service Agent/Concierge (Current Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCMarch 20, 2016
A typical day at work is have its highest and lowest depending on how many people will be stay in the hotel.

What I've learned is how to understand all types of people, giving me even better communication skills.

Management is great, I really do like my staff at work.

My co-workers are really nice and since we are here a lot we all have a great bond.

The hardest part of my job, is understanding the computer system of the hotel. Ever hotel uses a different system, so it took a while getting use to.

The most enjoyable part of my job, is the people. Helping people, and understanding their needs. Building relationships has its perks as well.
Pros
The benefits and networking with different people from all over!
Cons
Short breaks
Productive working place with great and caring management and co workers.
Concierge (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 16, 2016
A typical day at work pretty busy and always something to get done.
I learned how to manage stressful working conditions properly and effectively without interfering with my work ethic.
The management team is always very helpful and eager to lend a listening ear for any situation or concerns and takes action to fix the problem.
My co-workers at the Marriott are by far the best that I have ever worked with providing a real feel of team work.
The hardest part of my job is managing to finish all of my tasks while also providing excellent customer service for the guests.
The most enjoyable part of my job is working with my co-workers.
Pros
Great pay and benefits.
Cons
Short breaks and chaoticness.
Life as a Marriott Housekeeper
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Titusville, FLMarch 18, 2016
There really is no typical day as a housekeeper you never really know what's going to happen from one day to the next.

But you learn a lot on customer skills
what management goes through , different ways of how you can handle what you go through because every room and guest is different . In a weird way your co- workers become people that you depend on a secret club almost.
They work and days go by faster when you work with people you enjoy working with.
The hardest is having to be ready for any and everything and being able to take on the toughest job in at least 24 minutes although it sounds easy it can be harder than you think. The best part of the job I would have to say is the bond that you build with the staff and going on at the end of the day being satisfied knowing that you helped make someone's stay at a Marriot a great experience and that's something to truly be happy about.
Pros
The hotel discounts and the pride they take in the staff
Cons
considered part time so no benefits .Havingrooms done in under 24 mins
High-powered production and highly professional setting
Lead Cook (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 16, 2016
8 to 10 hour work hours per 5 to 6 days (pending overtime)
Communication is practiced and implemented strongly
Management and employee relationship is impeccable and well-structured.
Co-workers are more than helpful and enticing, providing incredible feedback and executes excellent work ethics.
Because the work setting is busy on a daily basis, important elements are maintaining communication, safety, and professional conduct.
Guest interaction, employee / management relations, and hospitality services are the most enjoyable of the work.
Pros
Meal breaks and Company Benefits
productive and fun workplace where there is always something new to learn and new opportunities to create
Front Desk Agent/Breakfast Attendant (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTJanuary 27, 2016
Great company, great work staff, always busy with neighboring restaurants, offices, and other businesses. Management does a great job picking front desk candidates and putting them in the best positions to succeed. At times, the hardest part of the job can be when you are by yourself and there is a line of people checking in or having questions and the phone is ringing at the same time. It can also be enjoyable at the same time because if the day was quiet prior to that moment, the time can go by faster and helps you pick up any extra duties that need to be done.
Pros
talking to guests, learning new things and creating opportunities, the culture, benefits
Cons
Great, fun workplace, though there is room for improvement
Bellman/Concierge (Current Employee) –  Burlingame, CAJanuary 30, 2016
Great place to work, especially if you like working in a busy work environment. Everyone is super friendly and welcoming to new employees. It's fun, and if you are in a position that is allowed to take tips, they are great. Main cons:: The schedule comes out on a week to week basis so it makes it very hard to plan anything in the future in the span of one week.... Management is cool, but they don't know how to lead and encourage a team (nor schedule). They also lack experience within the hotel industry, and it shows in their management. Management also lacks acknowledgement for other departments beside the front desk. The company drills people to learn the 15/5 rule.
Pros
Good benefits, great place to work, they really take care of their employees
Cons
Short breaks
Gain customer service experience
Guest Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Campbell, CAMarch 8, 2016
As a guest service agent I was able to communicate with guests in regards to solving room issues as well resolving them. I was responsible for opening the morning shift and preparing a list of vacant ready and dirty rooms for housekeeping and maintenance. I checked out guests and updated room information in the computer system, as well as prepare end of the month reports. When my shift was done, I would close it manually in the system and count out my safety deposit for the day.
Pros
discounted rooms
Cons
short breaks, healthcare benefits
Awesome Company to Work For
Guest Services Agent/Concierge (Current Employee) –  Beverly Hills, CAFebruary 7, 2016
The Marriott brand is an awesome company to work for, it comes with a lot of benefits and employee incentives. If you work at the right property and the right management is in charge then it is definitely a company you would like to remain with as a long-term career path.
Pros
Great discounts, benefits, work environment
Cons
Back to back schedules, i.e work pm shift then next day scheduled to work am, and franchise owned properties
Overall good company
Guest service representative / Night Audit (Current Employee) –  Southfield, MINovember 29, 2015
A typical day at work at Marriott International I was standing up for my whole shift no break on afternoon shifts checking in guests with all types of different personalities. I learned to always be on time and take your job seriously. When I trained others to me it wasnt hard at all and I feel it was because the way I taught my co workers were more slower than other trainers. My co workers were very helpful and it was a very family oriented environment.The hardest part of my job was learning the PMS computer system and dealing with very rude guest. The most enjoyable part of my job was the experience of being apart of a corporate company and seeing the growth and happiness of others.
Pros
Bennefits, seniority
Cons
Long hours, not much praise
Assistant Director of Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CA 94133March 26, 2016
My daily routine was to check clock ins and outs where properly done, enter daily employee assignments in to a report for our records, inspected rooms to ensure cleanliness where to standards, etc.

Management and co-workers where great.

Harder part none, I'm really enjoy my job.
Pros
Free lunch, Healthcare, 401K, Vacation time, etc
Great Culture
Contracts Specialist (Current Employee) –  Bethesda, MDMarch 30, 2016
The culture at Marriott is excellent. It makes sense as the industry is hospitality. They make sure that the keep traditional values all the while making room for millennials. It is a great place to be at.
Pros
Work/life balance
Cons
Benefits package
High productivity level
Pantry Clerk Ambassador/Host (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 2, 2016
Guaranteed customer service
Benefits
Cons
Complaints
Midtown Suites Marriott
Rooms Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 21, 2016
My 14 year career was great until I was promoted to the Midtown Suites. The upper management team shows favoritism, and doesnt understand what the word training means. They were unprepared, for my arrival. They couldn't get me the things I needed to do my job effectively. The GM doesn't understand what it takes to run an hotel, AGM doesn't understand the job of the operations.
Benefits
Cons
Management for this property
hard working and amusing
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MODecember 22, 2015
I recently worked at the Marriott hotel a typical day at work was challenging at times. Now I have had the pleasure to earn hospitality skills. The management was ok I just didn't like the fact that I had managers that had no skills in their department to understand the pros and cons of the job. I also believe the hardest part of the job was to finish a board full of check outs, but it was possible to accomplish. My favorite part of the day was to interact with the guest and make them smile.
Pros
free lunch, pay every week, benefits, two 15minute breaks
Cons
unexpericed managers, 90day probation rules
Professional workplace
REWARDS SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  310 Bear Cat Dr. SLC, UT 84115December 29, 2015
A typical day working at the Marriott Rewards call center involves answering inbound calls regarding the Marriott Rewards program or account information. They have great benefits, including: health insurance, vision and dental insurance, 401k, tuition reimbursement. The hardest part about the job is that you get yelled at for program issues that you have no control over and it is very hard to get time off even if it is for big events like a marriage. The most enjoyable part about the job is the co-workers and the sense of satisfaction you receive when you help someone.
Pros
Really great benefits
Cons
Short breaks
My direct supervisor was excellent
Night Maintenace Engineer (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLJanuary 25, 2016
There is nepotism in upper management and what is good for one is not good for the other at this property. My hours consisted of 4-5 hours on average, 4 days a week. I only worked maximum of 24 hours per week.
Pros
My bose was great and the night tasks were not always hectick.
Cons
The pay is low with no hope of getting substantial raise or at all.
Good people to work with
Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  South Portland, MEJanuary 31, 2016
Some people have been there so long that they feel their job security is so strong, that they don't need to do anything anymore. They are just taking up a job/paycheck that someone else would work harder to have.
Pros
Free lunches, friendly people to work with.
Cons
benefits cost more than what you even make
Good working culture
SharePoint Infrastructure Specialist (L4 Support) (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 11, 2016
Good working culture,
Good brand,
Good employee satisfaction
Many benefits
Good pay master
Very traditonal technology they have,
Good career growth
Wonderful Workplace!
Sales Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Deerfield, ILApril 4, 2016
The staff at my hotel is very understanding and accommodating to all employees' needs. We are a very small hotel with less than 30 employees on staff, but we are a family as well as best friends.

Benefits are very good, too!
Pros
Benefits, good hours, good staff
Cons
unpaid breaks

Marriott International, Inc. Reviews by Location