Marriott International, Inc.
3,018 reviews

Marriott International, Inc. Employer Reviews

good place
Night Auditor Supervisor (Former Employee), Hammond, INMarch 29, 2015
working at the courtyard, was a great experience for me at the time in my life. working night audit was a great job and I met a lot of good people.
Fun workplace
Hostess/Waitress (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKMarch 28, 2015
Pros: GREAT PAY
Cons: slow bussiness
It was a nice place to work at. I loved my supervisor and co-workers. I was able to meet new people from all over the world. It was a cool place to work at.
I had fun
Banquet Server (Former Employee), 11775 Heron bay Bldv, Coral springs, fl 33076March 27, 2015
It was a very interesting job,it is fast spaced environment, I learned
a lot from that place,specially, to my Boss and the co-workers.but there wasn't any hard part, I see everything was only to improve my skills, because I'm a determinated person.
I loved the people that I worked with
Front Desk Clerk / laundry attendant (Former Employee), Pensacola, FLMarch 27, 2015
Pros: Great discounts on hotel rates
Cons: the pay could of been better
I worked many difrent positions at this job I could start a day doing breakfast and then do some housekeeping and end up at the front desk I was able to do just about every job there even helped managment when they needed help.
CASHIER
BARISTA (Former Employee), vacavilleMarch 26, 2015
A TYPICAL DAY AT WORK WOULD BE ANSWERING CUSTOMERS QUESTIONS , MAKING SURE THEY ARE HAPPY WITH MY CUSTOMER SERVICE AND MAKE SURE I DO MY JOB AS GOOD AS I CAN.
Very diverse and Family oriented Company
Director of Sales, 2009 to present (Former Employee), Vallejo, CAMarch 26, 2015
Pros: weekly pay
Cons: n/a
Marriott Intl is a company that I would highly recommend due to they believe in taking care of their associates first and let us take care of the guest.
Great Company
Shipping/Receiving Coordinator (Former Employee), Bethesda, MDMarch 26, 2015
Pros: meals cost a $1.00
Cons: 30 min
I learn some good thing at Marriott i worked with so good people there , but i wanted something closer to home the miles was a problem for me i learn how ship merchandise international by using US Custom from, all my co-worker was great communicates , I had make sure all shipment was received and not turn away and documented.
Fun Workplace
Room Attendant (Former Employee), Macon, GAMarch 25, 2015
Pros: Great Meetings, Communication, Free Lunch
Cons: not working for this company
I really enjoyed working for Macon Marriott. If i had to do it over again i would work here most definitely.I loved the people i worked with. From the first time i started working i felt welcomed.
Productive at times an good job for experience on a resume
Barista, Server (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 25, 2015
Pros: Healthcare benifits
Cons: lack of respect
a typical day a work I learned how to manage my life and balance a professional and personal relationship with other people and the management teams could use sensitivity training and my co-workers try to stay in a professional setting for the most part but the are issues the hardest part about the job is the consistency in the money and treatment of staff and the most enjoyable part is the different opportunities to learn
discounted room rates, benefits and descent working hours
AGM/Sales Director (Former Employee), Albany, GAMarch 25, 2015
Pros: discounted room rate
Cons: compensation
benefits package, normal hours of work. paid vacation, management has an open door policy. Would assist you with your education.
Marriott Metairie at Lakeway is by far the WORST!!!
Associate (Former Employee), Metairie, LAMarch 25, 2015
Pros: The employees (non management)
Cons: little pay, belittlement, harassment from management, gm is a snake, hr is a joke
I am a very optimistic and happy person and while working here I've become the most miserable I've ever been. I will say that the employees, non management, are some of the sweetest people I've ever met and the guest adored them. If half of them were not in college I HIGHLY doubt that these beautiful people would stay there. Management is a joke. Even the guests would notice. The General Manager is a snake, the Front Office Manager is always condescending, I've witnessed him make many of his front office associates cry. The rest of the directors are the laziest most incompetent people I've ever encountered. If you go to human resources with your issues, you will feel as though they are getting resolved but you will soon see that HR will make your life worse. I would come home everyday in tears. When their franchise management company would come to visit the property, management would make their associate pretend and hide so much bs. That place honestly felt like a concentration camp. I developed so much anxiety while working there and my home life would suffer. So much of my stress is gone now that I have left. I am now happy to have a career where I am nurtured and I can be the best employee. Work here and you will soon regret it!! You've been warned!!!
Fun place to work
Banquet Houseman/Laundry Driver (Former Employee), Arlington, VAMarch 24, 2015
Best employment I ever had. Not enough money to get ahead in life but its a good job to work at. You can advance and work in different departments which make you valuable.
good envirment
Housekeeping Aide (Former Employee), Newark, NJMarch 24, 2015
Pros: free lunch
it a fast pace job,
work as a team to make the day easier
assist the house keeper wit everything they need
stock closet with linen and supplys , do laundry, unloads trucks and clean hall ways
Hospitable and Rewarding place to work
Room Service Attendant (Former Employee), Trumbull, CTMarch 23, 2015
Pros: the preparation to take my customer service skill to a higher standard.
Cons: unruly guests who vadalize hotel property any verbally abuse staff.
The Marriott is a place of warmth that caters to guests to from all across the US for business and pleasure. It was my job as a room service attendant to make all guests feel at home. This job taught how to own and take responsibility of the customer experience.
great coworkers
great position (Former Employee), somersetMarch 23, 2015
Pros: employee discounts
Cons: no organization
just needs more communication to be more organized. other than that great place to work. no opportunites but at least they are hours available.
Productive and job advancement
Front Desk Associate (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCMarch 23, 2015
Pros: employee incentives and growth
Cons: not enough work hours
Greeting and checking in new guest assisting with area information and any needs they may have.
Learned to become a leader.
Co-workers and I worked as a familly.
Taking on leadership roles.
Assisting our guest with special request, i.e. making future reservations.
great learning environment but do not expect to advance in the company
Bartender/Room Service Operator/Server/Hostess (Former Employee), Norfolk, VAMarch 22, 2015
Pros: family
Cons: hard to move up in company
communication is horrible
great learning environment
hard to move up in company
have to pay for parking in downtown Norfolk
overtime is reasonable
you are allowed you be coded for different departments in the company
Great atmosphere
Guest Services (Current Employee), Ponte Vedra Beach, FLMarch 22, 2015
Pros: good place to work
Cons: health care very expensive
Help guests with anything they might need during there stay. Management isn't the best. Co-workers are the best people i have ever worked with.The hardest part of the job would be the outside elements. The most enjoyable part of the job would be working with my co-workers.
great team work
Breakfast Hostess (Former Employee), Middlebury, VTMarch 22, 2015
the best part about this job was how the management and front desk people were always willing to shoot over tot he dining room to give me a hand clearing tables or providing people with their orders if they saw that I was beginning to fall behind.
Fun Workplace, Great benefits
Guest Service Agent/ Rooms Controller (Current Employee), New YorkMarch 21, 2015
Pros: fun place to be, great benefits
Cons: easy to eliminate position, hard to advance to management
working with Marriott has been memorable and fasinating. The company culture is great and provides employee's with a supportive environment. My concerns is the company in the last few years have been eliminating strong departments in they establishment which makes me think where are there headed in the future. Over all the company is a great!

1 2 3 4 5

About Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc., is a leading lodging and hospitality company that develops, operates, and franchises hotels, corporate – Read more

Marriott International, Inc. Photos