Marriott International, Inc.
2,605 reviews

Marriott International, Inc. Employer Reviews

Newly renovaed property with easy access to convenient locations
Guest Service Representative (Former Employee), Fayetteville, NCNovember 21, 2014
I never had a specific role at this property. I took it upon myself to cross train in different departments. I started out in housekeeping and progressed to Guest Service Representative. I learned that hard work pays off. Management allowed me the opportunity to grow and learn. They were also very involved with their associates and the community. The – more... hardest part of the job was there was not room for promotions within. I did love that we were paid weekly and the benefits were great. We did a lot of charity work and volunteering. – less
Alright place to work
Chief Engineer (Former Employee), Savannah, GANovember 21, 2014
Was a great place to work before it was sold. I was told i couldnt have overtime at all that the company was allergic to it. . . . . . . . . .
Marriott is a very good company that I would refer to anyone.
CATERING SALES MANAGER/EVENT MANAGER (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INNovember 20, 2014
The most enjoyable part about this job is communicating with different departments. In the hotel industry you go from dealing with the culinary aspect to the event management side very quickly. You have to great communication between departments to be successful.
Very beutiful property and a very knowledgeable staff and management.
Loss Prevention Supervisor (Former Employee), Kingsport, TNNovember 20, 2014
Pros: occasional free food for associates.
Cons: shift work, unpredictable scheduling from week to week.
A very inviting and enjoyable job. The management team works hard to meet the interests of both its employees and its guests/customers. The property atmosphere is very clean and kept up.
Productive and fun loving job. I was sometime call the Black Diamond in the house.
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNNovember 19, 2014
Pros: gift card at yearly review.
Cons: my willingness to alway assisted
I was considered as one of the high working employee. I was one time mention as employee of the month. I was usually recommended by my supervisor for a raise in wage. most of all, I was the first person to be call on in case of help. I was always called the Black Diamond because of my friendly behavior.
amazing
Front Desk Clerk (Current Employee), Pearl, MSNovember 19, 2014
Pros: free lunch and snacks
great people and christian help at all times anytime something was needed they found a way to obtain it for you the employee or customer.
quck pace and challenging. Fun and great co workers.
In room dining order taker (Former Employee), Duluth, GANovember 19, 2014
Pros: free lunch.
A typical day at work entitles a heavy workload. Providing customer service over the phone and while serving. Multitasking and always having a smile on.
Great Company to Work For
Assistant General Manager (Current Employee), Galveston, TXNovember 18, 2014
Marriott is the greatest company to work for. Within 5 years, I have been promoted from restaurant server to Assistant General Manager. Marriott takes care of its associates.
Excellent experience to me as an Assistant Chief Engineer
Assistant Chief Engineer (Former Employee), Miami, FLNovember 18, 2014
Pros: excellent work environment
Cons: marriott never receive the support of the owners to do a renovation.
Between the Assistant DOE and me we have to manage all the repair and maintenance duties for an old but a beautiful hotel during the last 18 months. We had 40 associates in Engineering department. Excellent work environment and big challenges to maintain all the equipment on good operation due to the age of them (kitchen, elevators, chillers, rooms, – more... meeting but thanks to the team every thing was possible. At the beginning I had one of the best DOE that I knew and he always give us all the support needed to have an excellent team. He teach me a lot of the maintenance hotel keys giving me great opportunities to demonstrate my talents and skills. Doral is a huge and wide property and is a big challenge the maintenance of it. The work environment always was excellent and friendly. In 2010 I received a Leadership Excellence Special Award Recipient as an example of the Marriott recognition policy. In June 2012 Marriott leave this property when Donald Trump bought it. – less
It was a good place for networking.
Guest Service Clerk (Former Employee), Flint, MINovember 18, 2014
Pros: great customers
Cons: very part time, always working on holidays.
This was a part time job to help with the family finances until I could get a job in the Medical Billing field.
experience while employed
laundry attendant (Current Employee), Arlington, VANovember 17, 2014
•Focus on the company and your individual experience while employed there
the ocean view is breathtaking in the morning
Hostess (Current Employee), Pompano Beach, FLNovember 17, 2014
Marriott is a family working environment, I love coming to work, I love what I do has a hostess, i have a change to meet and greet the guest in the morning, with just a sample Smile. the management team was great to work with. I work great with my co-workers we work as team to get the job done. and we get alone with each other. I enjoyed working with – more... the Marriott family. – less
Great Place to work
Bistro attendant (Former Employee), Columbus, OHNovember 17, 2014
This Job was amazing from benefits to staff working with me.
Great Place to work and build life long friendships
I had to be at work at 5 in the morning until around 12(noon)/1 PM depending on if we were scheduled a luncheon.
Great
Front Office Manager (Current Employee), Kalamazoo, MINovember 17, 2014
Great company easy to work for. online training that makes it easy to advance
Marriott International
Operations Manager (Former Employee), Stapleton Courtyard by MarriottNovember 15, 2014
An awesome company to work for. A top 50 company. One can't go wrong working for Marriott.
Very poor compensation for unpredictable hours, on call 24/7/365
Housekeeping/Operations/Events Manager (Current Employee), Earth City, MONovember 15, 2014
Pros: consistantly outstanding individuals hired.
Cons: atrocious "compensation", unreliable hours/scheduling
The people you work with are quite simply, the best. Marriott has a gift drawing in good people and training them quickly. Very great group of motivated individuals.
However, due to the industry itself, in any form of managment position you are on call 24/7. Every day of the year. Scheduling often makes building relationships impossible outside of work – more... or to spend any amount of quality time with family or friends. Hours constantly changing from week to week and even day to day in many cases leaves most employees burnt out within a few months and looking for something new. This allows much movement within the company on a property level, but sacrafices stability of staffing.
On top of ridiculous, ever changing hours, the compensation for giving up so much is absolutely pathetic. If compensation was even close to fair, many individuals employed on the property level would take second thought of leaving. But as it stands now when you burn out in this industy for this company there is nothing to stop anyone from running for the hills, because even that pays better. – less
Great Place to work
Line Cook/Prep Breakfast (Former Employee), Alpharetta, GANovember 14, 2014
I enjoyed making omelets for customers while they watched and was able to make my famous french toast yummy.
Productive work environment and friendley co-workers
Preventative Maintenance technician (Former Employee), Allentown, PANovember 14, 2014
It was a great job and I learned a lot. My job consisted of restoring hotel rooms back to their original state and maintaining all safety.
fast paced but very fun to work for and very busy.
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Amarillo, TXNovember 12, 2014
Pros: fast paced and friendly co workers
Cons: alot of rooms everyday and was alot to remember to do
i came in to work at 9 am and my day wouldnt end until 3 or 4 pm. i learned the marriott fold that they use to fold the bed and the t-p. i learned that if a guest finds a hair any were in the bathroom or the kitchen they could get there room becomes on the house. management was sometime be very rude and up type sometimes. but i understand that there – more... not there to be your friend. my co workers were very friendly and helpful. they were very understanding while training me in my position. the hardest part of that job was when i got put on my own for the first time. it was hard work. and very fast paced. the best part was pay day. – less
Wonderful Company for people who love to help people
Gate House Attendant (Former Employee), San Diego, CANovember 12, 2014
Pros: good benifits, enjoyable work
Cons: poor managment, extremely hard to request days off
I typically worked alone and so I learned a lot about time management and how to get things done quickly and effectively.
Because it was a Residence Inn I was able to get to know a lot of the Guests very well and enjoyed seeing them every morning to hear about their days at the Hotel.
When I was hired we had a wonderful team. The team I was a part of – more... actually opened the Hotel. We did everything from making the beds in every room to peeling all the stickers off the hundreds of brand new dishes that were to be used in the rooms and the main kitchen. Sadly Management changed after a few months and the new Management didn't have the same aspirations and goals as the previous set, which I feel is what set us apart from a lot of places. Though my co-workers were like a family to me. We knew about each others lives and troubles outside of work, and often went to each other for support. I often gave rides to and from work for some of my co-workers because they had lost the ability to use their car.
I would say the hardest part of my job was the new Management. We didn't often see eye to eye on how the kitchen had to be maintained and when I asked for things that the kitchen needed it was like jumping through hoops to get them. Everything was like pulling teeth to get things done.
The best part of my job was the people. I loved to see the Guests everyday and I loved to interact with them during meal times. I often made things that weren't on the menu for those who had special diets. I love the feeling of being able to feed others, and that's why I loved my job so much. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc., is a leading lodging and hospitality company that develops, operates, and franchises hotels, corporate – Read more

Marriott International, Inc. Photos