Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews

Found 4,270 reviews matching the search
I love this company
Loss Prevention Officer (Former Employee) –  Annapolis, MDJuly 25, 2017
I was born to live Marriott. My father worked for Marriott over 42 years. So I grew up knowing the quality that Marriott offers. There employees are a family. They take showing cooperation and style very serious. Marriott taught me to see the beauty in hotels. From the General Manager to the Concierge. Everyone is trained to know the Marriott style, I love this place, yesss and you will too....
Pros
All the benefits you could want in a company
Cons
ummmmmmm NOTHING
Amazing company to work for.
Reservations and customer care (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 25, 2017
Wonderful benefits and an amazing company to work for. They need to add an extra paid break and change there new phone system. The new system does not allow you do what you got promoted to do. They need to have new hires and such do more customer care.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Short breaks
Front Office
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  Ponte Vedra Beach, FLJuly 25, 2017
Schedules are never the same each week, and you can get scheduled for any shift. Not much of a work life balance but I good company to work for. The room discounts are a great benefit.
Not fun
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Fall River, MAJuly 24, 2017
This job is one of the worst I have ever had. This place is like highschool. Drama drama drama, it never ends trust me ive been there for almost 2 yrs and I have never felt so left out in a job. Everyone talks about you even management ! Watch out for leadership at this job they are all out to get you fired thats why our hiring process goes on all year long stay away!!!! Theres reasons people drop like flies in this place! Its not marriotts fault its starwood
Pros
3 breaks
Cons
everything
Trato de gerencia a personal no muy buenos
Laundry Attendant (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 24, 2017
Deberían de tener más consideración. Con el obrero y ser algo condesendientes para ellos debido a que si estimulan a su personal el crecimiento y el rendimiento lo llevarán a tener un buen trabajador
productive and calm
Customer Service Representative/Call Center (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 23, 2017
answering phones and assisting guest with hotel accommodations.
I've learned patience and the management team are helpful
The hardest part about the job is listening to complaints
Fun
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILJuly 22, 2017
Ok friendly and out going steady pace but can be busy.
Friendly staff n workers usually get to do fun things together along as they all work as a team.
Once you quit, you're no longer welcome...
Guest Service Representative (Former Employee) –  JW Marriott San AntonioJuly 21, 2017
What a bunch of martyrs this company is, especially management. Even if you properly put in two weeks notice, it's a pain to return or not at all. You have to know the president of the company to return to ANY of their hotels. Favoritism is bad and you'll have no luck moving up unless you know a manager or GM.
Pros
Pay is great
Cons
Favoritism, jerk management
Fun workplace
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 20, 2017
I worked for Marriott at TIA and I did many things there. I was a maid for awhile then I checked the rooms after the maids were done then I opened the housekeeping and gave the rooms to the girls then put the clean rooms in the system to be rented
Inbound Regional Customer Service
Inbound Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJuly 19, 2017
It is a good company to work for, however management tends to be disorganized. They are great at working with you when you need time off and hours are flexible. However, you do a shift bid every few months, so you never know what hours you will be working. Pay should be higher and those who meet the criteria and rank high consistently should be given bonuses.
Pros
Chance to work from home, nice people, free food days
Cons
Schedules, pay
Leader in the Hospitality Industry
Sr. Event Manager (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXJuly 19, 2017
Leader in the Hospitality Industry. Great work environment with a focus on loyalty and commitment. Exceptional talent leading the way into a brighter future.
Great place for new job advancements
Bellman (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 18, 2017
The Marriot is a great place with an even better working environment. The chances for employment are high and chances for advancement are even higher. All employees are treated with the upmost care and respect. All facilities are clean and sanitary. Food is provided for full time workers. Ample benefits are available for due employees. And overall it's a great place to work.
Pros
Free lunch, good pay, and great coworkers.
Cons
Physical expense
Horrible management
Customer Service Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  Doral, FLJuly 12, 2017
Horrible place of business unprofessional managers customers that call are very rude benefits are not good pay is very low the company does not look out for the agents at all
Good Company
F&B Cost Controller (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 12, 2017
we are proud of being a Diverse & Inclusive Organization – we have people from all over the world working in our offices, and we extend this to our recruiting practices. We are a meritocratic organization and an equal opportunity employer.​
BEST hotel chain to work for!!
Night Auditor/Learning Coach (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 12, 2017
I love it here. Grande Lakes has been my second home. Fun and friendly. There is always something to gain, receive, and enjoy. Recognition goes along way here and a hard work rarely goes unnoticed.
They job was cool
Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJuly 11, 2017
I have nothing bad to say about the Marriott. I worked really hard everyday i went to work.. i got good tips and the pay was good.. i met alot of different people
Productive and friendly enviornment to work in
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJuly 8, 2017
This experience granted me much growth opportunities. Personal and professional. Employees and customers were great. Employer waa supportive in changes needed to be made in hours.
Atmosphere is different every day
Front Desk Manager on Duty (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJuly 5, 2017
The company is fantastic, my only issue, is with the particular hotel i work for. The movement is not there, no opportunity to grow. Most of the staff in Management roles have been at the property for over 15 years and don't plan on moving.
They expect so much out of you but don't give anything in return. Understaffed is a big thing with this hotel.
Pros
Schedule fluctuates, paid paternity leave, and pto
Cons
lack of movement, and compensation for work
Great company
Leadership Development (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 5, 2017
Leaders in the industry. Fantastic organization to work for. Possibility to advance quickly and with the support of management.
Highly recommend someone to work here.
It was very stressful
AC hotel by marriott (Former Employee) –  West Chester, OHJuly 5, 2017
Everyone even the managers gossip and talk about each other. It was like being in high school. It's best to mind your own business and work and go home. Also it's a hotel so they will fire anyone and not think twice about it. they don't mind being under staffed (which is more work on those who works there).
Pros
It's a very simple job
Cons
The petty work drama and being under staffed

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Marriott International, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Marriott International, Inc. Reviews by Location