Marriott International, Inc.
2,669 reviews

Marriott International, Inc. Employer Reviews

funplace
Waitress (Former Employee), Memphis, TNDecember 16, 2014
I had a wonderful time working with this company. I worked there for three years and I really enjoyed it. great benefits and just an all around great place to work. it was very fun and exciting to be in that type of environment.
great job
Night Auditor/Front Desk Agent (Current Employee), Chandler, AZDecember 16, 2014
Great company GM is always in early in the morning to help out
they appreciate employees
they empower us
Good company to work for
Hostess/Cashier (Former Employee), Atlanta, GADecember 15, 2014
I enjoyed working here. Would definitely be open to going back. Great culture and management. Company likes to promote from within, so there is growth opportunity. Pay could be better (as with a lot of jobs unfortunately).
productive and fun place to work at
Maintenance Man/Housekeeper (Current Employee), Salida, CADecember 15, 2014
Pros: friendly staff, free lunch
Meeting new people everyday, Great place to work, friendly staff, party every week, co-workers are nice. The hardest part of the job is cleaning.
Fun workplace and enjoyable environment
Customer/Guest Services Representative (Current Employee), Jackson, MSDecember 14, 2014
Pros: good discounts on rooms
Cons: no breaks, your reliever may be late at times
-Nice and productive workplace. Job includes handing guest issues, check-in/out process, team management skills, communication skills, and strong training skills.

-I have learned how to become a better leader working as a front desk agent. I have also learned ho to build and sustain relationships, manage multiple priorities, lead change,
demonstrate – more... focus on customers and drive for results while assisting with check in/check-out service,
personally demonstrate a commitment to guest service by responding to guest needs and concerns,
superior people and leadership skills along with excellent communication skills

-My management team were AWESOME! Always stayed on each and every task.

-Co-workers were very family oriented. My slogan for a hotel is "only the strong survives"

-The hardest part of my job would have to be multitasking guests complaints as well as sales.

-The most enjoyable part of my job would be the guests/people! I really enjoy talking and interacting with people. – less
Current Job Discrition
Chief Engineer (Current Employee), Middleburg Heights, OHDecember 14, 2014
I am a disciplined and focused individual who has always preformed well. My current employer commends my efficiency, dedication to my work and excellent leadership skills. I believe leadership is not a position or title, it is action and example.

I am confident that my strong work ethic, years of experience as a current Chief Engineer and passion for – more... the industry would make me a valuable employee.

I take great pride in my work. I don't feel I have a job description as I wear many hats through out the day. I have always worked for others the way I would want someone to work for me. On a typical day I do anything from fixing a microwave, working on an HVAC, to painting.

I supervise 3-4 maintenance at any given time. I attempt to find their strengths and assist where they are struggling. I understand that our team is only as good as our weakest member. – less
Great people, Great service
Cook II (Former Employee), Kansas City, MODecember 14, 2014
Pros: benefits, great talented people
Cons: long hours, low pay
My experience at The Marriott was a growing experience. I honed some needed skills and had the opportunity to work with a great staff and upcoming chef. Long hours and creative menus.
na
Front Desk Representative/Part-Time Bistro Server (Current Employee), Foxborough, MADecember 13, 2014
management is not the best, I have had a hard time trying to move up being in the hotel that i am in now. Marriott is a great company to work for and you can meet different people all the time
Decent place
Houseman (Former Employee), Southern Pines, NCDecember 13, 2014
The type of work I was doing for the amount of pay was not for me, however my coworkers where really nice to work with.
Diamond is a great manager
Front Desk Clerk (Current Employee), Baton Rouge, LADecember 13, 2014
Diamond is a great manager, and the Marriott is a great company to work for.
Great Company
Reservations Sales Agent (Current Employee), Fort LauderdaleDecember 12, 2014
Guest Guest and great staff.

◊Continuously improve customer service ratings with exceptional support
◊Resolve guests issues in a timely manner
◊Managed guest arrivals, including processing payments, noting requests and issuing room keys
good place to work
Cook/Prep, Housekeeper, Laundry (Former Employee), Bedford Park, ILDecember 12, 2014
Pros: pto hrs
Cons: not enought hours
early morning job cooking breakfast ,sometimes cleaning rooms,you could learn any and all positions held at the hotel,the enployees are all very friendly and all work great together. the hardest part of the job was not being able to get into the rooms and clean them in order.the best part was interacting with the guest,and making new friends.
Typical hotel work
Guest Service's Representative (Former Employee), Huntsville, ALDecember 10, 2014
Lacking in management skills, favoritism, no health insurance min-wage job.
It was quite interesting interacting with all types of guests from all over.
Corporate Bartender (Former Employee), Chesapeake, VADecember 10, 2014
Pros: not now
Cons: not now
I have already rated this job....I dont want to elaborate on it furthermore.
Productive and fun
Bellman/Loss Prevention Officer (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PADecember 10, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: different hours and days
I have been here for 7 years. The staff is great. Management is fair. Benefits are excellent. The culture is unique compare to any other hotel. I enjoy working with productive and positive people.
PRODUCTIVE WITH OPPORTUNITIES TO ADVANCE
Room Attendant (Former Employee), Columbia, SCDecember 9, 2014
A TYPICAL DAY AT MARRIOTT WAS ALWAYS EXCITING AND CHALLENGING. I LEARNED A LOT ABOUT THE COMPANY AND HOW TO ADVANCE TO HIGHER POSITIONS IN THE HOSPITALITY FIELD. CO WORKERS WORK TOGETHER AND EFFECTIVELY ON A DAILY BASIS. THE HARDEST PART OF THE JOB WAS WHEN SOMEONE WOULD CALL OUT, BUT I WAS ALWAYS WILLING AND ABLE TO DO BEYOND THE CALL OF DUTY. THE – more... ENJOYABLE PART OF WORKING AT MARIOTT WAS MEETING PEOPLE FROM ALL OVER THE WORLD THAT CHOSE MARIOTT TO BE THEIR PLACE OF STAY AND TO MAKE THEIR STAY AS COMFORTABLE AS POSSIBLE. – less
friendly with great concern of transportation for employees
Van Driver (Former Employee), Linthicum, MDDecember 9, 2014
Pros: receiving tips/meeting stars
Cons: doing other co-workers' jobs
Usually worked the 3P.M.-11P.M.,37.5 hrs. a wk.,on anyday of the wk.
Learn how to improve my people-to-employee skills;improve my driving skills;learned the back roads in my employer's location.
Management was inconsistent.
Co-workers were alright.We all stayed in our own space.
The most enjoyable part of the job was receiving the tips from the guests.
Great hotel
Food and Beverage Manager (Former Employee), Savannah, GADecember 9, 2014
Pros: celebs stay there
Cons: huge hotel
Many different outlets for food and beverage for guest to enjoy. Management team is well trained and very friendly and helpful. Beautiful views of the river and downtown area. Walking distance to most attractions.
very challenging work place
Room Attendant (Current Employee), Chicago, ILDecember 9, 2014
Pros: free good lunches and rewards
Cons: healthcare wasnt great
cleaned 16 rooms aday good teamwork i learned good role playing here
Marriott is a compnay with good family values, great benefits, discount on hotels and goods. There is a big cafeteria, Credit Union, free parking
Sr. Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Bethesda, MarylandDecember 9, 2014
Pros: meeting every two weeks with lunch served. starbucks certificates as incentives. department outings
Cons: some long days where i chose not to take a break
My first job at Marriott was in the Human Resources Department for the Fairfield Inn Marriott brand. I worked in the Training Division. My department was responsible for training new general managers coming on board. We had quarterly meeting at an outside location to celebrate the Department accomplishments, it was a lot of fun. I met a lot of people – more... in the field, I liked that aspect of my job.
My second job was the start up of the Diversity Department (staff of 2). Supervisor traveled a lot to establish relationships with minority organizations. I was sent to some meeting to represent Marriott.
My third job was more challenging in the Lodging Development Department. Busy environment, always learning something new, like new computer programs. Most of the data base and date to date datelines were done by a staff of 3, including me. We also had days to serve the community, and some department celebrations.
During my 25 years with Marriott I learned a lot, especially with the electronic equipment. When I started, there were no computers. It was a road of learning and I was still learning when my position was eliminated. I enjoyed being in charge of paying the incentives to franchisees, working unsupervised, processing payroll. I enjoyed our community serving days a lot. Going to soup kitchens or food banks.
I liked the opportunity to work from home occasionally. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc., is a leading lodging and hospitality company that develops, operates, and franchises hotels, corporate – Read more

Marriott International, Inc. Photos