Marriott International, Inc.

3.6K reviews

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews

professional, fun work environment
Room Service Operation / Cashier (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAAugust 31, 2015
Pros: Free parking, and great lunh meals for $2, and also the location is perfect.
Cons: Dental insurance is not that great, lunch break should be atleast 45min
Fun work place,A great management team. The company embrace change and will help you grow higher in your position. This compant strives to be the best and deliver top quality service to our guest.
fun learning enviroment
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee), Florence, SCAugust 31, 2015
Pros: commissions.
Cons: last min hours change.
enjoyed working there.liked the opportunity to be able to work and aquire more skills to my trades. the boss was very persistent and respected his workers.
Good Job Overall
Server- Shulas 347 (Current Employee), Norfolk, VirginiaAugust 31, 2015
Management isn't too great, but if it wasn't for the Marriott team members and Human Resources, The Marriott would be ranked at the bottom of the totem pole for a good Management staff, especially in Shulas 347
Fun productive enviroment
Residence Inn Hotel /Marriott /Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee), Birmingham Al,August 31, 2015
Pros: Make sure things are done going over everything twice
Cons: being bored with no work to do
Great hotel as a whole really I really enjoyed working there they had great staff that worked as a unit really well made sure all task was completed overall great hotel,but poor management.
Busy West Knoxville Hotel
Assistant Executive Housekeeper / Houseman (Current Employee), Fairfield Inn & Suites, Knoxville WestAugust 31, 2015
Pros: Love working with guests
Cons: Not enough staff, Evaluations/ raises put off as long as possible
I helped open this hotel and loved it. The only challenge was not having enough staff from time to time.
I am a floater and fill in all areas back of the house.
Hardest part of job was when staff was lacking and I pitched in and tried to do the work of 3 people. (same pay, of course and no acknowledgement)
The most enjoyable part of the job would be working with the guests. I personally tried to make every stay memorable. I am an advocate of 'smile makers' and going out of my way, above and beyond to ensure every guest has a pleasurable and memorable stay.
Hard work, high pressure but well worth it
Senior Event Manager (Former Employee), Marco island, FLAugust 31, 2015
Pros: Flexible schedule, self motivated, my own boss so to speak
Cons: Stress, working with changes from upper management, and or poor initial work from sales force. Having to clean up other's mistakes
As an event manager one is responsible for the complete planning of large conventions to smaller board meetings or local social events. It is a self driven job where I work at my own pace but ultimately responsible to make sure my work is done in plenty of time to communicate the needs of the client to the operational parts of the resort. Plenty of hands on communication with other departments to insure that the program runs as planned when the clients are on-site. Requires constant communication with the client in pre-planning and when on-site. So working weekends is part of the job. But one gets a great deal of satisfaction knowing a job well done at the end of the program. Much of the day is spent at a computer completing the required paperwork, sending E-mails or having phone contact with the clients. But the job also allows movement away from the desk to check on clients or converse with other departments. The hardest part of the job is the stress of being perfect, not only in myself but making sure others know what is expected of them. Best part is the friendships and trust building that occurs with working with clients for several months and then seeing the end result of that planning.
Fun place to work.
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALAugust 30, 2015
Always busy never get bored.Time goes fast.Everyone for the most part gets alone.The only time it gets stressful is when someone calls out.Other than that it is great.
Engaging, challenging, and positive work environment
Banquet Captain (Former Employee), Marco Island, FLAugust 28, 2015
Pros: Team orientated environment
Cons: Working conditions due to hot and humid weather
During a typical day at work I was supported by strong, informative management team who gave me the tools to perform my job productively. When I found myself in a position where I was needing more direction they were there to assist and support me in my decisions. I developed strong working relationship with my co-Captains through communication and teamwork to conduct successful events. I was able to grow and create personal relationships with Clients, Guests. and Associates through the positive work environment Marriott instills.
Busy days
House Attendant (Former Employee), Fountain Valley, CAAugust 28, 2015
I enjoyed working as my job kept me busy daily with new things each day. I assisted other housekeepers with supplies they needed to replenish each guest room. Also cleaned all public and employee areas while assisting the housekeepers.
Marriott
Loss Prevention Officer (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCAugust 28, 2015
I enjoyed a lot of aspects working for Marriott. I got to meet a lot of diverse folks from around the globe. The employees there were friendly and management was caring about the atmosphere created.
General Manager
General Manager (Former Employee), LombardAugust 27, 2015
General Manager
 Managed full hotel operations, made all day-to-day decisions while supervising staff of over 30.
 Responsible for recruiting, training and coordinating work between all departments including food & beverage, maintenance, human resources, payroll, housekeeping and corporate meeting room sales.
 Created and maintained a “guest first” culture throughout the property.
 Developed and achieved goal oriented sales action plans.
 Maintained knowledge of local competition and general industry trends.
 Analyzed reporting on ongoing basis in order to effectively prepare budgets.
 Managed brand conversion from Choice Hotels to Marriott Hotel. Responsible for keeping project on time, coordinating vendors, purchasing and acting as liaison between hotel and Marriott Corporate all while staying within budget.
Good Place to learn
intern (Former Employee), Riverside, CAAugust 27, 2015
Pros: staff discount for most marriott owned hotel/inns
Cons: too many rules and policies
It took a long while in waiting for the final call from Marriott, which squeezed the time in the following operating process. Too many policies.
it is a good company
Front Desk Supervisor (Current Employee), Alpharetta, GAAugust 27, 2015
it is a very multi tasking job. you get to learn and do a lot of different tasks.
secure job and u can keep it as long as you have good managments
was nice
Front Office Manager (Former Employee), Amarillo, TXAugust 26, 2015
i loved working in a famous company like Marriott , was so good , team and managers were so friendly. so many training programs and courses.
good
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee), Brunswick, GeorgiaAugust 26, 2015
Great culture, growth opportunities and environment for success. A great brand, awesome talent, focuses on exceptional service. However, one flaw: the leadership likes to "micro manage"
That was my first job I learned lot of new things from this place.The environment was great and the employees of this company worked hard.
QA Analyst (Former Employee), Rockville, MDAugust 26, 2015
My favorite parts of this job included the ability to work independently (trust from employers) & the people I worked with. It’s great to work with people that care about their company and doing a good job. It’s hard to find that environment today because so many people just don’t care about honesty, hard work & integrity.
Fun workplace
Laundry Room Attendant (Former Employee), Milford, MAAugust 25, 2015
Pros: Use the work out room.
Cons: Laundry don't get tips.
It was a fun work place. The guests were always nice, got to meet people from all over the states and world. The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing the business and growing from it. The hotel was always busy, so time went by fast.
friendly environment with chance of advancement
Guest Services/ Sales Admin (Former Employee), Salina, KSAugust 25, 2015
Pros: Advancements, management, safe environment
Cons: no benefits for first year, work holidays, guest complaints
Handling customers needs and complaints empowered by supportive management was made easy. Management was very organized and made this work place safe, fun, and respectful.
productive an fun work place
Front desk Receptionist (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHAugust 24, 2015
marriott was very upscale an very professional i love how they took pride in their employers, typical day for me was very melow not to busy or not to slow,the coworkers were awesome very sweet an helpful,
Fast Paced, Competitive Sales.
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee), Denver, CO.August 24, 2015
Overall Wells Fargo was a great place to work. Work Environment was always fast paced with highly competitive sales goals.
Headquarters