Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews in United States

Found 7,092 reviews matching the search
Fun place to work at and delicious food.
Engineering Dept. Intern (Former Employee) –  9010 Ditmars Blvd. East Elmhurst New York 11369July 23, 2016
Overall, it was a wonderful place to work at. There were many fun and challenging tasks that had to be completing and meeting people from all walks of life was always a pleasure.
Great company
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 23, 2016
I really enjoyed working here. My inky down fall would be the long compute because I do live on the Illinois side.
Pros
Lunch
Cons
The drive
good review
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJuly 23, 2016
awesome and amazing company to work for. Marriott international is a very diverse company and work culture is outstanding
Laid back work environment, good for a starter job.
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 23, 2016
A typical day here includes checking in and out guests, resolving guest complaints, and having a fair amount of knowledge of computers. Altogether the job is decent and I absolutely love the customer interaction. Unfortunately, there isn't a lot of team work involved and for a good portion of the day you are on your own. Overall I think this would be good for a starter job if you are in your early years of college.
Pros
Guests, laid back
Cons
pay, no breaks
Great place to work and great benefits.
Front Desk Representative (Current Employee) –  North Charleston, SCJuly 22, 2016
Marriott is an amazing company to work for and they love moving people further along in the company. I am unable to move up because of family working at the company as well. Myself and my family members are unable to further our career at this establishment, due to set rules from corporate.
Pros
Healthcare, Discounts, great learning opportunities
Cons
Short lunch, no breaks, can't move further in company
great managers
am cook (Current Employee) –  Fremont, CAJuly 22, 2016
Marriott superior training and values in their employees. Friendly and great people, Breakfast made easy and tasty for every guest and myself. wonderful healthy foods fresh and fun!
Pros
training
Cons
nothing
Good for college student who need little cash.
Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAJuly 21, 2016
Overall the employees were cool but occasionally stole from each other purses whenever they turned their backs. Hard work for the low pay. Never want to work here again.
Pros
incentives for attendance
Cons
employee thefts
Great!
House Person (Former Employee) –  Rochester, MNJuly 21, 2016
When I worked at the Marriott I was a house person and sometimes i did housekeeping. I liked it a lot and it was a fun job. The staff was nice and the guests were nice as well.
Great place to meet new people
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Danville, VAJuly 21, 2016
Great food. There are lots of opportunities to make extra money (tips). Customers are excellent for the most part. The manager I had is no longer there so management is probably awesome.
Pros
Discounted food.
Cons
Drama with employees
n/a
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILJuly 20, 2016
I felt the job was too much. i had begin to get pains in my back an neck and the lunches was not worth eating.it was alot of negative attitudes
Not a good place to work
Guest Services (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLJuly 20, 2016
Terrible, rude management; kitchen employees rarely ever wear gloves and dont understand food safety which is disgusting; employees would touch raw chicken then ready to eat food with bare hands, not washing in between; ROACHES in the kitchen and management did NOTHING about it; not much room to advance, pay raises few and far between; bad job security, always felt like I was being watched closely for any mistake I made and like I was going to be let go at any time because of it; nobody ever listens to what you say or what you need. Don't do it, it will only stress you out beyond belief and put you in an extremely negative (and also roach infested) environment.
Pros
Some good coworkers
Cons
Roaches, people who dont understand food safety, rude management, low pay, hostile environment
Great work environment & excellent management
Restaurant Hostess & Server (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAJuly 19, 2016
A typical day would include cash handling, customer service, taking and serving food orders. Coworkers were excellent and management made it known they wanted to take care of you.
nice Hotel
Supervisor/Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MNJuly 18, 2016
A typical day at work is good, refreshing, pleasant people. Since being employed at this Courtyard I've learned a lot more of being more responsible. the management staff is pleasant and kind. the co-workers are easy to get along with but you have your good/bad days overall good.the hair in bathrooms so disgusting.being able to sometimes appreciate your co-workers.
Pros
good, friendly staff from front desk to banquet staff
Cons
no meals for employees, pay per room, no reasonable health insurance
productive workplace
houseman (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 18, 2016
I unable to stay with company due to personal issues causing myself to relocated back to Texas. Very great company to work for
wonderful work environment
Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CAJuly 18, 2016
Typical work day very easy going. Its a very fast paced environment where everyone is on top of their game. I have learned so much from management and fellow coworkers that has only enhanced my food knowledge and cooking abilities. All in all its a great company to work for.
Excellent Company with Unique Culture and Motivated, (Mostly) Happy Employees
Audio Visual Technician (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TX 78261July 18, 2016
I worked for Marriott at one of their resort-line hotels, the JW Marriott. For the first several years, I loved my job. The team I worked with was passionate and motivated to make things as perfect as possible for our guests, and we all enjoyed doing so. This attitude seemed to be within all departments within the massive JW resort, which is an astounding accomplishment.

The only unfortunate circumstance I encountered came later into my time spent at the JW. As time progressed and the years passed, the department leadership seemed to become jaded and shifted their focus from servicing the customer to pure sales numbers. It was then that I began looking for a new job.
Nice work environment
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  Bangor, MEJuly 18, 2016
Good work environment but compensation isn't very good. People are nice and building relationships with consumers is a plus.
I had fun here to.
Houes keeping / manager (Former Employee) –  FeildsearltaJuly 18, 2016
I am a people person,I was around lot of people all the time .I would also go and fill in at other places if they needed help. I'm a team helper.it makes me feel good to help people
Family-friendly company, Nice Work Environment
MANAGER, INSTRUCTIONAL & INTERACTIVE DESIGNER (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 17, 2016
Marriott Vacations Worldwide is a top national employer, ranked in Forbes 2014 top 10 Travel Companies to work for, and offers a competitive benefits package, a generous work-life balance, well-balanced employee coverage, and travel discount benefits.
Great Management Fun place to work
Banquet Bartender (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 17, 2016
Very helpful staff. Training available to advance in the company. Flexible schedules. Nice clean comfortable environment. Relocatiing so I had to leave the company.

Marriott International, Inc. Reviews by Location