Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews

Found 4,263 reviews matching the search
Once you quit, you're no longer welcome...
Guest Service Representative (Former Employee) –  JW Marriott San AntonioJuly 21, 2017
What a bunch of martyrs this company is, especially management. Even if you properly put in two weeks notice, it's a pain to return or not at all. You have to know the president of the company to return to ANY of their hotels. Favoritism is bad and you'll have no luck moving up unless you know a manager or GM.
Pros
Pay is great
Cons
Favoritism, jerk management
Fun workplace
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 20, 2017
I worked for Marriott at TIA and I did many things there. I was a maid for awhile then I checked the rooms after the maids were done then I opened the housekeeping and gave the rooms to the girls then put the clean rooms in the system to be rented
Inbound Regional Customer Service
Inbound Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJuly 19, 2017
It is a good company to work for, however management tends to be disorganized. They are great at working with you when you need time off and hours are flexible. However, you do a shift bid every few months, so you never know what hours you will be working. Pay should be higher and those who meet the criteria and rank high consistently should be given bonuses.
Pros
Chance to work from home, nice people, free food days
Cons
Schedules, pay
Leader in the Hospitality Industry
Sr. Event Manager (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXJuly 19, 2017
Leader in the Hospitality Industry. Great work environment with a focus on loyalty and commitment. Exceptional talent leading the way into a brighter future.
Great place for new job advancements
Bellman (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJuly 18, 2017
The Marriot is a great place with an even better working environment. The chances for employment are high and chances for advancement are even higher. All employees are treated with the upmost care and respect. All facilities are clean and sanitary. Food is provided for full time workers. Ample benefits are available for due employees. And overall it's a great place to work.
Pros
Free lunch, good pay, and great coworkers.
Cons
Physical expense
Horrible management
Customer Service Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  Doral, FLJuly 12, 2017
Horrible place of business unprofessional managers customers that call are very rude benefits are not good pay is very low the company does not look out for the agents at all
Good Company
F&B Cost Controller (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 12, 2017
we are proud of being a Diverse & Inclusive Organization – we have people from all over the world working in our offices, and we extend this to our recruiting practices. We are a meritocratic organization and an equal opportunity employer.​
BEST hotel chain to work for!!
Night Auditor/Learning Coach (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 12, 2017
I love it here. Grande Lakes has been my second home. Fun and friendly. There is always something to gain, receive, and enjoy. Recognition goes along way here and a hard work rarely goes unnoticed.
They job was cool
Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJuly 11, 2017
I have nothing bad to say about the Marriott. I worked really hard everyday i went to work.. i got good tips and the pay was good.. i met alot of different people
Productive and friendly enviornment to work in
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJuly 8, 2017
This experience granted me much growth opportunities. Personal and professional. Employees and customers were great. Employer waa supportive in changes needed to be made in hours.
Atmosphere is different every day
Front Desk Manager on Duty (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJuly 5, 2017
The company is fantastic, my only issue, is with the particular hotel i work for. The movement is not there, no opportunity to grow. Most of the staff in Management roles have been at the property for over 15 years and don't plan on moving.
They expect so much out of you but don't give anything in return. Understaffed is a big thing with this hotel.
Pros
Schedule fluctuates, paid paternity leave, and pto
Cons
lack of movement, and compensation for work
Great company
Leadership Development (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 5, 2017
Leaders in the industry. Fantastic organization to work for. Possibility to advance quickly and with the support of management.
Highly recommend someone to work here.
It was very stressful
AC hotel by marriott (Former Employee) –  West Chester, OHJuly 5, 2017
Everyone even the managers gossip and talk about each other. It was like being in high school. It's best to mind your own business and work and go home. Also it's a hotel so they will fire anyone and not think twice about it. they don't mind being under staffed (which is more work on those who works there).
Pros
It's a very simple job
Cons
The petty work drama and being under staffed
Hard work pays off
Director of Food and Beverage (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 4, 2017
Through hard work and relentlessness, I have climbed the ranks within the food and beverage department. I enjoy learning, meeting, building relationships with guest and staff for the years I have been with Lodging Hospitality Management.
Pros
Something different EVERYDAY
Cons
Long Hours
This was a great place to work when construction had no work
Maintenance Electrician (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJuly 4, 2017
The one thing that I love most about this company was the management team the management team believed that if they had told you and showed you how much they believed in you that you could succeed in anything and that you would go far in the company the one particular manager that I did have had pushed my potential and shown me that I could be more than I ever imagined that I could be in with his faith in me I believed in myself and threw that I did succeed very very far with the company and two senior
Pros
Great place to work when there's no
Cons
Great place to work when there's no construction
Great company with good benefits
Outlets Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 3, 2017
Marriott is a good company that gives several options for advancement. The starting pay is low but the benefits are good. Work life balance can be hard depending on the department you work in and the position.
Pros
Room discounts, healthcare benefits
A challenging uphill battle
Housemen (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 2, 2017
A typical day at work as a Housemen consist of stripping rooms, answering radio calls from the base, delivering the request the guest have to their rooms, taking out the trash, sorting laundry, and vacuuming.

Management at my Marriott is more in favor of Housekeepers, and it's fickle especially when there's 16 Housekeepers, and one of you (Housemen)

Workplace culture is different, and new, most staff members are friendly.

The hardest part of my job is having to take on the jobs of 3-4 other people on top of my job.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
management favoritism
I worked as a general runner
General runner (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 2, 2017
I worked as a general runner last uear and it was very exploting. Sometimes you can be the only one delivering amenities to 700+ rooms and its extremely busy. Front desk agents lay back and dont like to help even when they not busy. This job has so many duties!! From delivering food to guests to delivering refrigeratos, roll away beds and you have to make the bed as well and delivering laundry and many many more duties! Even stocking the refrigerators for the kitchen. The pay is not worth all the lifting and running up and down all day!! I had to leave it was too much for the pay . marriott is a good place to work if you are not doing this job or housekeeping. Good benefits and cheap lunch.
Pros
Cheap lunch
Cons
Short break. Low pay
Overall very good job
Room Attendant (Current Employee) –  Stockton, CAJuly 1, 2017
Very fast paced and fun job, it's not for everyone it is very very hard work. It teaches you how to be extremely thorough and to work very fast with paying attention to extreme detail. Benefits are great. The whole work environment itself is fun and competitive.
Pros
Good benefits, 40 hr work week, employee discounts
Cons
Days off always are different, only make minimum wage for a very detailed and exhausting job
Awesome workplace helped expand the knowledge i have in this field
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaJune 28, 2017
Enjoyed the atmosphere and learning new things for future growth into the company the schedule is always perfect and meeting alot of new people is also a plus

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Marriott International, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Marriott International, Inc. Reviews by Location