Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews

Found 4,111 reviews matching the search
Bad Management
PM Guest Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCNovember 14, 2016
The company itself has decent benefits. Free life insurance after 90 days and your PTO (2hrs for every 40 hours) accures after this time. The pay is absolutely awful and it's sad that you have to beg for money. The only upside is if you like to travel the room rates at some of the nicer chains can be very decent. As far as management (GM & Assistant GM) is concerned at the Courtyard Greenville Haywood Mall they are racist, biased and extremely unprofessional. They will belittle you and make you feel as though you aren't a valued employee even when you're going above and beyond for them. I have never in all my years come across such heartless and ungrateful people. I hope that Marriott cleans up that mess for the sake of their brand.
Pros
Room rate discount
Cons
Bad management, no breaks if working by yourself
Hospitality, and customer service has always been a need in society.
Manager of Events (Former Employee) –  Kingsgate Conference Center Cincinnati OhioOctober 25, 2016
I have been in the hotel industry off and on since I got out of high school it's truly my passion I love it, and with Marriott International I was able to advance a great deal over the years, and at the point when I resigned I had interviewed for a position that I had been working in Arizona at a resort due to the Manager of Events had quit, and they needed someone to fill the position for a while, and it was the same position I held but at a larger hotel. The salary at the hotel in Arizona paid 98k plus bonus, and I was forced to resign because my assistant general manager didn't like the fact that I would be making more money than him without a college degree, and he made things hard , and was trying to terminate my employment with the company so I resigned. I'm not bitter I feel the change of employment to Rite of Passage gave me a better outlook on life.
Pros
Advancement
Cons
N/A
Renaissance VINOY
Host/Operator/Barista/Server (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLFebruary 21, 2017
The Renaissance VINOY is a historic hotel run by marriott international. Unfortunately their methods of employee value, and keeping the positivity alive at this resort for their employees is at a slow death. The employees are miserable and stuck in an endless repetitive circle with barely any acknowledgement for their successful guest intereactions. Any other Marriott run resort would provide amazing acknowledgement and awards to those who showed hard earned effort. For the Vinoy however, this place is lacking the effort of growth, postive reinforcement, and appreciation for those employed there.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Not all the resorts value their employees as most should
Different backgrounds bring people together
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCFebruary 19, 2017
Working for Marriott has provided me with the opportunity to meet people from all over and who also have obtained jobs in the field I'm studying. Talking to people about their past experiences, and asking their opinions on how I should go about experiencing new opportunites
Pros
Great benefits, good pay. some advancement
Cons
Union hotel, which has a lot of restrictions which can limit your advancement
Working at a Franchise Marriott
Guest Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAAugust 8, 2016
I have worked at the Residence Inn Marriott for over 3 years. When I started we were Marriott managed and a little less than a year in we became franchise. Marriott managed hotels offer excellent benefits packages that somewhat make up for the low pay. Franchise hotels do not. The culture is great, although I would say that it probably varies quite a bit from property to property depending on management. The pay (at least at my property) is not great. They have not given raises with the increase in minimum wage and therefore new hires are offered more than long termers...not ok. Management has been great in working with my school schedule in addition to my internship schedule when I needed an internship for school. Love my coworkers, although I'm sure each team is a bit different. I will say that you learn a lot working in the hospitality industry.
Pros
Work around school schedule, great coworkers
Cons
Low pay, pitiful benefits
Productive Workplace that enabled rofessional & Personall growth
SENIOR PROGRAM SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Bethesda, MDOctober 6, 2016
Acquired a great wealth of knowledge in this corporation. Excellent working environment, Family First Valued Employer that sets a great example of strength and preserverance. Corporation remains a top 50 employer to work for within the USA thus far. Would resume a career in the company if the opportunity to do so presented itself.
Pros
Benefits great employer
Cons
Location is optimal commute was not but overall great benefits packages and salaries to counteract
Marriott International, Inc. - Rated Best Companies to Work For by FORTUNE Magazine - 2016
Sr. Vice President, Global Public Relations (Former Employee) –  Bethesda, MDSeptember 28, 2016
As the industry leader in hospitality, Marriott International excels in creating and growing the best brands, technology and innovation, cutting edge marketing, international growth, shareholder value and a culture of diversity and inclusion.
Pros
Cullture, Growth, Collaboration, Ethics, Leadership, Career Opportunity, Work Life Balance, Benefits
Not a good place to work
Guest Services (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLJuly 20, 2016
Terrible, rude management; kitchen employees rarely ever wear gloves and dont understand food safety which is disgusting; employees would touch raw chicken then ready to eat food with bare hands, not washing in between; ROACHES in the kitchen and management did NOTHING about it; not much room to advance, pay raises few and far between; bad job security, always felt like I was being watched closely for any mistake I made and like I was going to be let go at any time because of it; nobody ever listens to what you say or what you need. Don't do it, it will only stress you out beyond belief and put you in an extremely negative (and also roach infested) environment.
Pros
Some good coworkers
Cons
Roaches, people who dont understand food safety, rude management, low pay, hostile environment
Wish for a little more for housekeeping.
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Killeen, TXJanuary 2, 2017
I love the work and great many of the guest, but in the 3 years I have worked for Marriott Town Place Suites i received only one .25 cent raise and can not afford benefits.
a beautiful place to work wish for a little more to offer for housekeeping just can not live off the pay.
Pros
meet people from near and far.
Cons
Can not afford the offered benefit.
Worked with sales force team auditing requests for new business sales, and coordinating transitions of current business acquisition, divestitures
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Bethesda, MDSeptember 26, 2016
A typical day consisted of responding to sales forces team leaders regarding vetting their requests for new business, as well as working closely with them on current business transitions with acquisitions, divestures, and business moves. It was a high pressure position with the constant changes and deadlines in order to meet sales goals and objectives. I had a great team of people to work with.
Pros
salary, working at Corporate HQ, good people
Cons
High stress enviorment
Productive work environment
Housekeeping Supervisor (Former Employee) –  North Wales, PADecember 27, 2016
The Marriott is a great place to work it's productive and it keeps you busy so that your day go by fast . The staff is very friendly and is always willing to help out their teammates. The benefits package is good also but because I live and work in 2 different counties they take out 2 sets of taxes which is really a lot
Pros
Good benefits package
Cons
To much taxes taking out of check
Call center environment, got to deal with lots of guests, and many computer systems
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NESeptember 24, 2016
Marriott is a great company that values their employees. I enjoyed my coworkers but being in a call center there isn't too much time for talking with them besides breaks. Marriott did a good job at having events outside for us to mingle and get up out of the chair.
Pros
Management was very helpful, good benifits
Cons
Sitting for long periods of time
Productive place to work
Laundry Attendant (Former Employee) –  Homestead, PANovember 28, 2016
I did laundry here i bartended and cooked also i liked working with people and interacting with the people from different states n countries over all it was a good experience
Pros
Health care was provided and u could get raises and tips
Cons
Nothing really
Management is key
Housekeeper/ Bistro Attendant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 10, 2016
I must say working here was not what I thought it would be. I wanted to quit at first because the housekeeping department was being overworked. However, working a whole summer with no a/c and elevators breaking every other day I still stuck it out. This is the hardest working department and the most underpaid. Bistro department was ok. This department could have been excellent if management did not lack proper training and communication skills. The manager and supervisor are too close that it effects the employees and the business. If they don't like you, you are retaliated against.
Pros
customers tip well, benefits
Cons
care more about the guest than employees
Well run company with strong leadership
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Avon, INJune 28, 2016
Had a schedule of projects that needed to be accomplished first and daily preventative maintenance jobs as well.
I learned the inner workings how a well run hotel was operated.
The hotel I worked at had an outstanding management staff that was very professional and had the well being of its staff and clientel.
Our staff was very well trained and took pride in the performance of there responsibilities and the hotel.
I believe the hardest part of my job was unexpected break downs.
Also my most enjoyable part of the job was the feeling I got of overcoming an unexpected chore that completed in a minimum of time.
Pros
Benefits that come with working for Marriott
Cons
I can not think of anything. This company really cares for it's staff
Great Teamwork with respect and treat like family
RPM Specialist General cleaner and Server (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 5, 2017
Very Good And Flexible Schedule But the hotel was sold to another company and they close my position giving me a layoff
Very Hard To Move on another position which I stayed For 10 years
Pros
Good health insurance and 401k benefits
Cons
No free lunch
Good place to work nice room's
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 17, 2017
This company is a grade a plus good place to work meet all kind of people of all races good cleaning I make sure people get sign in and out to keep counts on who's in the building and watch out and listen to anything goes wrong on my shift.
Pros
Buy your own food
Cons
Good benefits nice breaks
productive and great for job advancement
tmi fairfield hotel (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MIJanuary 5, 2017
Good place to work for and good job advancemnet. Great benefits management was very helpful. i recommend all to seek employment with the federal governamnet.
Excellent
Costumer Service Representative (on-call) (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LADecember 5, 2016
Marriott is a huge company. Their philosophy is if they treat their employees nicely, the employees will treat the guest nicely. It is true. Lots of room to grow and advance or you can do the same job for 30 years, its up to you.
Pros
Great benefits, free meals, room rate discounts
Cons
no employee parking
Great Company to work for
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Hollywood Park, TXNovember 4, 2016
Company cared about it's employees. Offered great benefits. Company would be flexible on hours and would always be open for training and be hiring for job advancement.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
never should have left company

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Marriott International, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

85%