Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews

Found 4,201 reviews matching the search
Guest handling
Rewards specialist (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 21, 2017
This is by far the best company I've ever had the pleasure of working for. They always recognize their partners and treat them respect. The management is by the best I've ever seen
It's ok
Loss Prevention Officer (Former Employee) –  Balitmore, MIMay 21, 2017
The job is not hard but the expectation can be a bit ridiculous. The compensations are great. Discounts on so many different properties. Benefits are non existent.
There was a good come Ratterree a fun place to be a part of would recommend it t
Journeyman Electrician (Former Employee) –  Mr. Marriott Desert Springs Palm Desert CaliforniaMay 19, 2017
Very difficult to comply with all the rules and regulations specially when you're not aware of them more training is needed for particular areas of training or not explained training may not be explicit Marriott rules and regulations are not very clear in English
Pros
Free lunches were provided at the beginning 12 months and you had to pay for them
Great company to work for. Management varies from property to property
Bistro Attendant (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLMay 19, 2017
I love working for Marriott and don't want to leave this company however every time slow season hits they cut hours drastically. Great company with great benifits. The management has been different at every property I worked but overall good.
Great environment
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 18, 2017
Working for Marriott international was a great experience. Working for them for almost 20 years, taught me a lot. It's a really huge corporation with amazing people. I enjoyed my time as an employer at Marriott International .
Fun place to work and we have great benefits
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  3800 north ocean DrMay 16, 2017
All ways smile and greet the guest ,and team work is very important, when everyone work together everything go much smoother,because team work makes the dream work
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Do not get 40 hours every week
Fun work place you got recognize for a job well done.
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMay 16, 2017
It was a great place to work just knowing you made someone else day nice by having a clean room waiting .The manager work with you and help you if you need the help.
Pros
We had free lunch
Cons
We had no benefits
Housekeeper
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMay 15, 2017
Busy environment, fast pace and demanding, stressful some times, Work demands open availability and weekend work is a must. Steady work and benefits are a plus.
Pros
Steady work and hours
Cons
No vacation time accumulated until a year of more.
Productive and fun place to work
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 15, 2017
It would be nice if they provided more training. As with all companies some departments foster strong team work, while others work against another department making the tasks at hand more challenging than necessary.
Pros
Discounted hotel rooms
Cons
10 hour minimum work days
Job description not entirely accurate.
Reservations Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 14, 2017
The job description is not accurate. Not only are your job requirements sales conversions (Reservations) but you are also expected to do marketing as well. You are forced to market for Hertz Rental Cars, Marriott Rewards Visa cards and the Marriott Vacation Club (timeshare properties) as well. Management will harass you if you do not force that marketing information into your phone calls. Regardless of whether we've determined from the tone & situation of the guest's we are assisting with their reservation, that it's inappropriate to market the other services to them. Interacting with a great variety of people is wonderful, but having to bother them with the additional marketing is not pleasant.

I spent over 2yrs with company and went through 4 management changes in my departments. Scheduling is awful, as you have to "bid" on the schedule that you want. The people with the highest sales conversions get a higher 'bid rank' and get to to bid at the top of the list, having a higher probability of getting the schedule they want. There is no "work/life" balance there. If you have to miss a scheduled day, you get notifications (a write-up). If your running late for your shift, due to unforeseen reasons, you also get notifications for that as well. FYI, you only get a 30 minute lunch break and your scheduled day is 8.5 hrs.

Working at home as a remote agent is wonderful, but being forced to market and the pressure of sales does take a toll on you. While they tell you in training that Mr. Marriott says a happy, content employee is the focus because in return we provide
  more... excellent customer service, in reality we're just another nameless cog in the revenue machine. My sales conversions were great, customer care was fantastic, but none of that mattered when I requested a brief Leave of Absence because of a personal battle with the U.S. Immigration Department. That's when I decided my time, effort and skills were not appreciated and/or valued and chose to resign. Please be forewarned, this job is not as easy, fun or exciting as they portray...unless you LOVE doing sales.  less
Pros
Healthcare benefits, 401k...
Cons
Short lunches, pay, limited parking at the office.
Fast pace working environment
Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Ypsilanti, MIMay 12, 2017
Fast pace environment need to work fast n clean rooms for the next guests make them feel at home
This is a great place to work in great staff and friendly environment
Good work place
Hospitality Associate (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 12, 2017
Loved working here got to meet a lot of people . just a good work place over all friendly people , friendly manger's . I would go back if they ever needed me again
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Long days
A fresh start in the work place...
Front Desk Associate. PBX Operator. Concierge (Former Employee) –  Burlingame, CAMay 12, 2017
A typical day at work, was using my brain fully to pay attention, for the least error could make the simplest operation shut down. So I always had to be aware of my surroundings and alert to be attentive of whatever came my way! After learning all of the computer do's and don'ts, I felt: If I never learned anything else, I'd be OK in life. However, it was a lot my mind took in. Management? Well, some were great! but needed to be more humble, lets say that! I never worked with so many nationalities! I loved Every minute! Hardest part of the job was getting up some days,at 5am in the morning. but I enjoyed the food that we had in the cafeteria and I worked with the nicest group of employees. made lasting friendships!
Pros
the break room
Cons
getting up at 5am at times
Very rewarding.
Food Production Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 10, 2017
I loved overseeing the entire cafeteria and catering product needs and staffing needs. I enjoyed making up the menu for the cafeteria and I thoroughly enjoyed working in business food services.
Pros
Monday-Friday schedule
Reservations
Reservation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEMay 9, 2017
Fun job high call volume flexible schedules full and part time positions weekly pay apply and see for yourself if this job is a good fit for you located in an easy to access area lots of on break options
Ok
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Stone Mountain, GAMay 9, 2017
Not everyones experience will be the same. Mine was a nightmare.
Absolutely no communication unless bad communication. They dont train their leaders in leadership, so its every man for yourself. If property actually stands on the foundation its built on it will be the best job ever. The Marriott brand is awesome its a luck of the draw depending on property management though. When looking for a job you should be interviewing them just as much as they are interviewing you.
Pros
if under leadership that actually cares you will suceed
fun meeting new faces from within the country.
Front Desk Representative (Current Employee) –  Alamosa, COMay 8, 2017
Although new faces come and go, here offers a nice variety to sure please you with personal comfort you can rely on, amenities to help you adjust, a hot tub and a pool to help reduce travel stress.
Later in the afternoon and towards the evening the tension dies down as the reserved rooms pace themselves occupied. The hardest part of the job is not going into overtime. The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting new faces. I've learned a new level of professionalism and would like to continue learning more in that direction. All in all its easier than it seems and a nice experience to add to the resume.
Pros
easy work load
productive job
Front Desk Receptionist/Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  North CarolinaMay 8, 2017
Working with different people ( socialize ) figuere how to make the guest happy , breaking out the house keepers report for them to star the day , enjoy working with the guests
Pros
free lunchs
Cons
healtcare
Dynamic and Employee focused
Accounting Director (Former Employee) –  Bethesda, MDMay 6, 2017
Ever growing company with great opportunities. Employee training has high priority and is well structured.

Provided many opportunities for advancement and expanding work experience in several areas.
good job
Server/Waiter (Former Employee) –  Ypsilanti, MIMay 5, 2017
decent job. most server positions do not offer benefits to there employees, but the Marriott did. and the best benefits is travel with the Marriott hotels and the food discount inside the hotels.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Marriott International, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Marriott International, Inc. Reviews by Location