Marriott International, Inc.
2,787 reviews

Marriott International, Inc. Employer Reviews

Marriot gave me great training in Hospitality
Sales Manager (Former Employee), Visalia, CAJanuary 23, 2015
They are a great company to learn top notch Hospitality. Best Hospitality training the industry has to offer.
Room Service Server (Current Employee), Memphis, TNJanuary 23, 2015
Great organized and professional environment. Passionate management that create customer and employee friendly culture. Very hands on and personable.
Beautiful place to go to work
Bartender/Waiter (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: free trannings for the job
Cons: no brak
Loved working with my co-workers, They were all very team players and always try help each other.
Wonderful company
Front Desk Receptionist (Current Employee), Saginaw, MIJanuary 21, 2015
I really like working for Marriott there are a lot of things I'm still learning but here at our hotel its like family i really feel like i can always come to them if there is an issue. Its a great place to be involved with and you get great discounts and nice things for working with that company.
Employee Discounts are awesome
Part time Banquet Server (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: hotel discounts
Cons: non
I love working at the Marriott. Since I love traveling the perk of being able to stay at Marriott hotels for an incredible discount is a lifestyle changed.
Nice
Hotel Engineer assistant / Shuttle driver (Former Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: good people, great area
Cons: pay very short for me to be their number one guy...
A typical day at work would be:
*Walk Hotel grounds and parking lots looking for trash /etc.
*Preventive Maintenance on all hotel rooms.
*Repair or replace broken equipment in hotel rooms.
*Assist team clean pool and surrounding area.
*Assist the kitchen with breakfast setup and coffee *Maintenance on hotel shuttle,
*Assist team with driving hotel shuttle when needed.
*Check water pumps and boilers
*Check electric room for normal working conditions.
*Minor AC cleaning and repairs.
*Sheetrock, joint tapping, sanding and paint.
*Assist team members reach their daily goals.
*Assist hotel guest with making their stay more pleasurable.
*Assist all contractors and delivery personal with what ever.
*Set up meeting room for scheduled events.
*Check in with assistant GM for any thing needed.
*Report to Engineer dept supervisor
Not a bad place to work for PT work. FT if available.
Cook (Former Employee), Colchester, VTJanuary 20, 2015
Had it not been for my super visor, this gig could have been a LOT worse. I was hired on as a housekeeper, then transferred over to laundry which I did for a while. Then I suffered an injury that rendered my ability to work in that department for that moment. They had me then work in the kitchen. Without a doubt, this should have been where I was put all along. I quickly adapted and learned valuable new skills that most everyone up to that point had never really tried me with. He put me under his wing which I benefitted from greatly. Before that point, the most I did was microwaveable dinners. After that job? I was preparing full out breakfasts, lunches, and dinners. They offer a great team atmosphere at least in the kitchen. They allow you to try different things with the food they serve and see how it's liked. For example, my supervisor and I concocted parfaits by mixing yogurt, oat cereal, and ice cream dipping sauce whether it was strawberry or blue berry. It became such a hit, that we had to routinely ordered those items. The management in the office could have been better but all and all it wasn't a bad job. I'd go back.
nothing good i can say
Night Auditor (Former Employee), Columbus, GAJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: discount on hotels
Cons: everything else
nothing great about this workplace..just a job. compensation was poor, and 50% of the time I spent correcting management on the amount of hrs I actually worked. I would have to wait another week to get paid for the additional hrs. I left because it was just a job to get me by until something better came along.
Great environment
Operations Manager (Current Employee), OaklandJanuary 19, 2015
I learn everything about customer service.Management team is great and very helpful. I enjoy each and every single day working in here.
Productive and fun work place
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee), Columbus, OHJanuary 19, 2015
Loved every aspect of this job from hotel operations to personnel management, sales and the details required to make a guest and employee feel special to be a part of the organization
great benfits, time demanding
Barista (Current Employee), crystal city, virginiaJanuary 17, 2015
I acutally partner with Marriott at a company called towne park
Good Employee Benefits
Operations Supervisor/Guest Service Representative (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZJanuary 17, 2015
Marriott provides very good benefits to all of their employees. The company really tries to strive to ensure that their employees feel appreciated for all of their hard work. Even when traveling to other Marriott locations the other employees really make you feel like you are apart of a family.
Fun place to work.
Guest Service Representative (Former Employee), Cordova, TNJanuary 17, 2015
I loved working for Marriott but it's time for me to move back home to Knoxville. Everyone was great here and easy to get a long with.
Excellent Company
Front desk supervisor (Former Employee), Louisville, KyJanuary 17, 2015
Pros: a chance to advance in the hotel industry. option to transfer available.
Cons: low pay at entry level.
I enjoyed all aspects of Hotel industry. My jobs included: Reservations, Front Desk, Cashier , Phones and Sales assistant. All the employees were skilled and very happy. The most enjoyable part of the job was attending to customer needs and making their stay a positive experience so that they would return. We received training yearly to improve customer service skills. I enjoyed being a part of the team that opened the Courtyard property in 1989.
it was part time job
banquet setup staff (Former Employee), Columbus, OHJanuary 16, 2015
Pros: non
Cons: non
it was a part time job ,and the schedule and the hours not enough for me to learn different challenge.i learned how to work as a team member,and the management was OK,and the co workers aren't there on time which made me very disappointment
THE COMPANY IS A GREAT STEPPING STONE
Audio Visual Technician (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 15, 2015
THE COMPANY IS A GREAT STEPPING STONE BUT IF YOU HAVE REAL GOALS IN LIFE CONTINUE TO MOVE AROUND.
13- a hour for all this responsibility.Insult to skilled workers!!!
Would never work here! (Former Employee), Parsippany NJJanuary 15, 2015
They are looking for a skilled worker to do all this for $13 or less a hour! What a insult!

Respond and attend to guest repair requests. Communicate with guests/customers to resolve maintenance issues with little to no supervision. Perform preventive maintenance on tools and equipment, including cleaning and lubrication. Visually inspect tools, equipment, or machines. Carry equipment (e.g., tools, radio). Identify, locate, and operate all shut-off valves for equipment. Maintain maintenance inventory and requisition parts and supplies as needed. Assure each day’
s activities and problems that occur are communicated to the other shifts using approved communication programs and standards. Display advanced ability to read standard blue prints and electrical schematics concerning plumbing and HVAC. Display above average engineering operations skills and strong general mechanical ability. Display proficiency in at least three of the following categories, above average skills in three more of the following categories and basic skills in the remaining categories: air conditioning and refrigeration, electrical, mechanical, plumbing, pneumatic/electronic systems and controls, carpentry and finish skills, kitchen equipment, vehicles, energy conservation, and/or general building management. Display solid knowledge and skill in the safe use of hand and power tools and other materials required to perform repair and maintenance tasks. Safely perform highly complex repairs of the physical property, electrical, plumbing and mechanical equipment, air conditioners, refrigeration and pool heaters – more... - ensuring all methods, materials and practices meet company standards and Local and National codes - with little or no supervision. Troubleshoot and perform repairs on all types of equipment (e.g., pump and motor replacement), plumbing (e.g., plunge toilets and unclog drains), electrical equipment including lamps, air conditioners, HVAC equipment, cosmetic items, extension cords, vacuum cleaners, internet devices, replace electrical switches and outlets, and program TV's. Use the Lockout/Tagout system before performing any maintenance work. Display advanced knowledge of all engineering computer programs related to preventative maintenance, energy management, and other systems, including devices that interact with such programs. Perform advanced troubleshooting of hotel Mechanical, Electrical, and Plumbing (MEP) systems. Display the ability to train and mentor other engineers as necessary. Display ability to perform Engineer on Duty responsibilities, including readings and rounds. – less
Entry Level Position
OPERATIONS MANAGER (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: discounts on travel, meeting new people
Cons: never closed, low pay
I did my college internship with Marriott when they offered me my first management position. I learned a lot about how to manage different types of people. My co-workers were very nice and we worked well together, the general manager taught me so much about budgets and running a business. I enjoyed meeting people from all over the world. The hardest part was being open every day and never closing-I even got snowed in the hotel for three days with the guests during a bad winter storm.
No complaints
Group Housing Coordinator (Current Employee), Kansas City, MOJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: free lunches and great stories to tell my kids
Cons: stress and average pay
I loved the discount, and I had some really exciting moments. It's very stressful to try and be perfect, so I wish it paid more to make it worth while. But that's the nature of the hospitality industry.
Productive and Fun workplace
Front Office (Current Employee), Irving, TXJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: 30 minutes lunch break & paid time off
Cons: health insurance
Marriott is a great company to work for. Diverse workplace, specially working with different countries and culture's people is an absolutely great way to learn and share each others idea.

I've learned respect,courage, patience & team-work in Hospitality Industry by working with some good people.

My management team is awesome and people I work with have such a great personality that we always help each others department to make sure everything is running smoothly. Which is from our internal customer (our employees) to external customers.

The hardest part of the job is making everyone happy is sometimes difficult. But we always tried our best.

The most enjoyable part of my job to see happy customer with their smile or happy co-worker.

Human personality is very difficult to learn but if you have a positive attitude and works in a diverse workplace it really helps a lot.

I am proud to be a part of Marriott Family.

1 2 3 4 5

About Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc., is a leading lodging and hospitality company that develops, operates, and franchises hotels, corporate – Read more

Marriott International, Inc. Photos