Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews in United States

Found 4,019 reviews matching the search
Job was good
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  In near buckheadAugust 13, 2016
Dishwasher cleaning the area and plate up food taken out trash stacking box for cafe and I been working for 3 years for the company
A lot of fun
Banquet Manager (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAAugust 10, 2016
Task force is always fun to contribute
Also you meet associates around the world
Great net working environment
The hardest part is communication
The most enjoyable part is networking
Pros
net working
Cons
communication
Productive and fun workplace with friendly staff and co-workers
Gatehouse Attendant (Former Employee) –  Charlottesville, VAAugust 9, 2016
I felt extremely comfortable working at the Residence Inn. My first day was a lot a fun, learning what exactly I'd be doing, and feeling comfortable enough to ask questions without judgement. Management was friendly and easy to talk to. My co-workers were fun and upbeat. They made work shifts a lot of fun. I learned a lot and was eager to learn other positions, however my availability at the time didn't allow for it. The best part of it was that I was able to meet a lot of good people from the area and out of town, and usually got to see them regularly because our hotel was extended stay.
Pros
Free dinner most times, laid back atmosphere
Great place, bad management
Food and Beverage Attendant (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 9, 2016
I really like working for Marriott, and I think that sticking with a company show how dependable I have been. But the management has been on the decline for many years and the business seems to be running out of money. The turnover is very very high. There is no support for new employees. And older employees, like me, have to work through bad situations with our own determination. Overall, the culture is great and I love most of the people I work with and the guest that come into the hotel. But it has been hard to feel motivated and do a great job or even be there.
Pros
Co workers, and constant change of things to do.
Cons
Management, poor pay
Outback
housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIAugust 9, 2016
Didn't like this outback, seem as tho favorites were played. Its a small work place and alot of others had worked there longer. The discount is great and the work pace is up and down. But somethings I'd like to change .
Wonderful hospitality environment
Front Desk Associate/Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDAugust 8, 2016
It was a pleasure to walk into work each day. I learned something new every shift and was eager to gain more knowledge of the hospitality industry. The hotel was like a family and we always worked as a team.
Not a fun working environment.
Doorman and Transportation Manager (Current Employee) –  Chantilly, VAAugust 8, 2016
A typical day was checking in guests. Running items up to their rooms. The hours are not good and below standard for the area.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Sometimes lunch was not heated.
Working at a Franchise Marriott
Guest Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAAugust 8, 2016
I have worked at the Residence Inn Marriott for over 3 years. When I started we were Marriott managed and a little less than a year in we became franchise. Marriott managed hotels offer excellent benefits packages that somewhat make up for the low pay. Franchise hotels do not. The culture is great, although I would say that it probably varies quite a bit from property to property depending on management. The pay (at least at my property) is not great. They have not given raises with the increase in minimum wage and therefore new hires are offered more than long termers...not ok. Management has been great in working with my school schedule in addition to my internship schedule when I needed an internship for school. Love my coworkers, although I'm sure each team is a bit different. I will say that you learn a lot working in the hospitality industry.
Pros
Work around school schedule, great coworkers
Cons
Low pay, pitiful benefits
Exposure to the Front of House
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXAugust 7, 2016
I had worked in the hotel industry for a while but was limited to the back of house areas. This was a new learning experience and something I really enjoyed. With my background in management it was an easy switch.
The hardest part of the job was staffing. A good team is a necessity and one that has a history with long term employees creates a well developed unit.
Always enjoy working with the public.
Pros
A lot of interaction with employees and guests.
Cons
Staffing at times.
This is a great introductory opportunity
Sr. Ownership Advisor (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 7, 2016
A typical day includes call center activities providing customer service to Share owners. The hardest part of the job is managing time wisely and being able to eat and regroup on a 30 minute lunch break.
Pros
Large company with great opportunities
Cons
work schedule is not flexible
Fun
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXAugust 6, 2016
Cool place to work. Manager was awesome till she moved away she always made the place rock!!! An she was very caring made coming to work well worth it
Pros
Awesome people
Cons
short breaks
Fun workplace
Valet Cashier (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAAugust 5, 2016
Met a lot of great people. Easy laid back job. training was simple. Only issue was with management, very unprofessional, favoritism was ridiculous.
horrible place to work
housekeeping aide/ van driver (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOAugust 5, 2016
a typical day at work requires more work than what they pay you for no advancement unless your not a minority or brown nose your way up thru the company the wages suck they max you out on pay is the excuse the give and it doesn't matter how much you know or skills you have they feel like you should be happy to have a job
Pros
Cons
horrible pay, can't use your pto when you want or make you take some days then others at different times
By Far an awesome amazing place to work
Guest Service Agent/Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAAugust 5, 2016
Loved my Job! The best place I have ever worked. The days are lond but fun. The management is awsome. The people i worked with were some of the most amazing people I have evr worked with in my life.
not the job if u have kids or other commitments
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Solon, OHAugust 5, 2016
they tell u a lot of good things to get u in the door only to find out its totally different u bid on schedules so u never have a set time for work meaning u cant plan appts and such in a timely matter
Pros
u can work from home
Cons
u never have a set schedule
Not your typical Marriott Hotel
Executive Chef (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 5, 2016
Might be my first and only Marriott Hotel I ever work for. Starwood employees and management, I feel sorry for you. They don't care about the managers, you can work 7 days a week, 12,14,18 hrs a day, they want more and always cut hours. Cut Costs. Don't spend. Don't Buy. But Marriott's approach, "Take care of the associate, the associate will take care of the guest," B.S, at least in North America. How about take care of the managers.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
Fun place to work
AM Bistro cook (Former Employee) –  Lansdale, PAAugust 5, 2016
Set up and prep for a busy morning in the Bistro. Help the girls in Bistro when there were no hot orders, such as run coffee, breakfast sandwiches, oatmeal ect. to guests. Make coffee when the girls did not have time or were to busy, help restock as needed.
Doing a hot banquet that is going out the same time as the Bistro opened solo was the most stressful for me, but I did it. I made sure I was fully prepped the day before. Also, not having the proper supplies and having to send someone to the store and waiting so I could prep whether it was sliced fruit, bagels ect. Very stressful.
I really enjoyed getting to know our regular guests one on one.
Pros
Loved my hours
Cons
No hot meals
Productive work place...
Banquet Server, Concierge, Bartender (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAAugust 4, 2016
Great work environment, always something new. Working here has its ups and downs, sometimes its busy, or slow, but for the most part its a great place to work. Customer service is something that your must have something that can't be taught. I love what I do, so have no complaints.
Pros
Great events when their are events
fun work place that offers great hours
Laundry Attendant (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 4, 2016
I loved working for Marriott. My manager was awesome and funny. I received great hours and great benefits as well. I worked in the laundry room and if you work in the laundry room you can listen to music while you work. They also allowed you three 5 minute breaks if you smoke. You could also take one 15 minute break if you didn't want to break it down into three 5 minute breaks.
My night staff that I worked with was an amazing group of people
Cook (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYAugust 3, 2016
I loved my job, I only left due to a medical emergency. It was a great experience working there. The staff was very supportive of each other, and if you ever needed a co-workers assistance, you knew you could count on them.

Marriott International, Inc. Reviews by Location