Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews

Found 4,296 reviews matching the search
A lot of team work
Server (Current Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCAugust 19, 2017
Its a great company to work for. Everyone is great. Overall atmosphere is wonderful. Everyone pitches in and help when it comes down to it. Its a wonderful environment
Pick another place
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORAugust 17, 2017
I can't say I recommend this location. High employee turn-over, including management. No bellman desk, some/most rooms don't have a work desk (it's a business hotel). Management makes no exception for Acts of God/Weather in regards to tardies. Had to pay for my own hotel room in downtown at another hotel just to make in into work for a mandatory meeting to discuss how poorly we did on an employee satisfaction survey.
Pros
Very basic free lunch. Soup and salad.
Cons
Management, no desks in the rooms, no bell services desk, very little staff on-duty at any one time.
fun pleace to work
Front Desk Associate bell valet driver (Former Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 17, 2017
very fun workplace no ping pong table but food is good and cafeteria is good bingo is very good fun this hotel newly remodel is beautiful hotel in this aria 635 room biggest hotel in Denver Dtc center our restaurant nice and new and food is very good bar aria is very big and beautiful to many Tv around the bar also hotel have M club is very beautiful and big
Pros
free lunch
Cons
break is good and fun
Na
Barback/Bartender (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 16, 2017
It's a great place to work Management's good learn a lot you grow fast awesome place to work. Coworkers are fund managers great guess are awesome it's a great time at the Marriott one of the best companies to work for
Great money horribly managed
Guest Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIAugust 16, 2017
The benefits and hourly rate is the best but the management is horrible the human resource is also corrupted because they always side with the manager and act like they are there for you too if you can just make your money and go home it's the best but if you have an experience like mines then you can only hope the management don't pick on you I was there for 3 years the Detroit Marriott at the Reniassance
Pros
Overtime discounts and hourly rate
Cons
Corrupt management and human resources
Wonderful employee discounts
HOUSEKEEPER (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIAugust 15, 2017
15 Rooms to clean per shift learned how to properly flood towles and tissue management was ok just strict workplace culture was manily burned out older women or young ignorant women
Pros
Employee discount
Cons
Staffing
Nice place to work
Senior Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bethesda, MDAugust 15, 2017
Worked for senior level executives. I enjoyed my time at Marriott International Inc. They push their employees to excel. They expect all employees to do their best work. Give back to community.
meetings before work
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Covington, KYAugust 14, 2017
made beds an cleared rooms surfaces floors counters tables tubs and mirrors,made mant friends working here got discount on rooms .they had had great hoildays party ,it was hard work but nice people.
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
unfit guest
Exelent place to work I just had to relocate to be closer to my house
Dishwasher (Current Employee) –  Indian Wells, CAAugust 13, 2017
Nice work environment I recommend anyone to come to work here it's a fun place to work friendly staff members, very professional managers . Team work coworkers
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Good place
Best job ever
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  280 birminghamAugust 13, 2017
Became proactive.
Learn to clean properly.
Learned to satisfy customers on regular basics.
Learned to interact with customers on daily basis.
Became a master cleaner.
Pleasant Place to Work
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 11, 2017
They are Amazing! They have decent benefits that you honestly don't always have offered st every job. They teach you everything you need to know to succeed in the company for sure!
Pros
Free Lunch
in The Ritz-carlton we had Time for running has workout with cow-workers
The Ritz- carlton (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 9, 2017
I liked our GM,Director and some Manager, because they are helpful and kind people. They care about your feeling at work and make sure everything is ok.
I was Happy with them.
Cons
HR department should be help the new employe of Health insurance, when I hired there, I didn't know English well, so I had mistake and missed my insurance.
Great company and great job!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Central, CAAugust 8, 2017
I loved having this job and would have continued but when the economy went south so did this position. Marriott is a great company to work for and I would do so again in a heartbeat!
Avoid.
Banquet Server (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COAugust 7, 2017
Very poor management. No communication between supervisors, one will tell you one thing then another will tell you something different; meanwhile none of them followed their own rules. They (the management) favoritism and cannot keep track of hours and cut breaks short. Coworkers brag about doing cocaine.
Pros
I quit.
Cons
Bad management. Short breaks. Bad employees. Bad pay.
Co-workers are a lot of fun
Pool Attendant (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNAugust 5, 2017
I have fun working here. The bosses know what you have to do to succeed and if they see that you can do it then they trust you to get it done. Great time working there.
Crazy but good world
Housekeeper/laundry, janitor (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORAugust 4, 2017
Weekends, holidays and events were always our busiest days. The best part about working was that I was trained in multiple positions. Team work always made the dream work
great manger
Banquet Server and Bartender (Current Employee) –  Torrance, CAAugust 4, 2017
when I am serving the guest I am attending to all their request to have their stay in the banquet party the best possible ever at Torrance Marriott we are are the best at meeting at expectation and that is the way I have worked for the last 15 years
Pros
great place to work
Cons
not enough hours
Fun
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYAugust 2, 2017
Nice peace work love the people that work there the hard part is when its very busy must fun day they when we all get together in have a meet i like to here people opinions love seeing people happy from the hard work i put into the job.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Short breaks
Fun work place. Awesome guest. Management in some hotels need more work.
Front Desk Receptionist (Current Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLAugust 2, 2017
Marriott is a great company to work for but not Urgo franchises. They don't value your work and ethics. Marriott offers great benefits and incentives for hard work.
Excellent for Single, College-age People
Overnight Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Clayton, MOAugust 2, 2017
Working for the biggest hotel company in the world provides you with many benefits and opportunities for mobility. You can work literally anywhere in the world if you put in the time and effort.

However, until you get to a salaried manager position, OR you are in a relatively high-paying hourly position AND you earn either a significant amount in tips and/or overtime, this company is not a great fit for families. I refer mainly to hourly positions above because of the relatively meager pay and the extreme volatility of the work schedule and your work/life balance.

The amount you earn is comparably better once you move into a salaried position, but the nature of the industry STILL requires you to have a very open schedule. You will frequently find yourself either coming in early, staying late, or coming in on your off-days, all of which situations will have you working at any hour of the day or night.

This is why I say that working for this company (and in this industry in general) is not great for those with a spouse and children because for a very long time you will not receive a sufficiently high wage to support a family, and much of your time will be taken from them at virtually any given moment of the week even once you do land a decent salary.
Pros
Mobility, Travel Discounts, Core Principles
Cons
Work/life Balance, Relative Wage, Much of the management does not follow the core principles of the company

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Marriott International, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval