Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews in United States

Found 7,108 reviews matching the search
Incompetent Management
SERVER (Current Employee) –  Miami Beach/New OrleansJuly 27, 2016
For the most part, management lacks any talent on all levels and caters to the lcd and very petty. Many very important things are overlooked, it a constant uphill battle to make sense of their decisions.
benefits
Cons
incompetent management
great place
Front desk supervisor-Lead (Current Employee) –  Laurel, MDJuly 27, 2016
Marriott is great place to work. They have good benefits. There is room for advancement. They also have the best discounts,
Good company
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  St Thomas, VIJuly 27, 2016
I enjoy working with this company and it was good
But i want to work for another company as a housekeeping Supervisor. I did not have any problem with none and none had a problem with me. I work well with everyone.
You can move up as fast as YOU want to!
Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 27, 2016
Great Company! Opportunities are there if you chose them and Marriott is flexible to multiple paths as long as YOU are happy
hard working,dependable,reliable,experience
Cook (Former Employee) –  Prescott, AZJuly 27, 2016
i work hard at whatever task i am put up too... reliable and always on time... inspect and clean food preparation areas such as equipment and work surfaces,or seving areas to ensure safe and sanitary food handling practices ......
Pros
on time, willing to do anything
Cons
nothing
Happy to work here
Bistro Attendant (Current Employee) –  Athens, GAJuly 27, 2016
Working at the Courtyard marriott has taught me many things about myself and how to best relate to other people. While sometimes frustrating there is nothing like the rush of serving a bunch of football fanatics during the homegames. It has been an eye opening experience for me to see the community that develops among the hotel employees.
Productive and Entertaining place to work and meet new people.
Room Service Operator (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 27, 2016
I have been working at the Marriott for 15+ years and now they deciding to close down the area that I have once worked. I'm looking to advance my career into something that I really like doing. I hate they are closing down my department, but I'm glad I'm able to actually do something different with my life.
Pros
met a lot of people and been to a lot of events.
Cons
paid for parking every day
Great co-workers and a fun place to work
BARTENDER/SERVER (Current Employee) –  Keene, NHJuly 26, 2016
It has been exciting working for the Marriott. The monthly meetings are informative, fun and a great group of people. The added benefits of an employee discount during travel season is a bonus. I have taken advantage of many different places to stay while traveling.

Overall I would identify this company to be worth your time and experience.
Pros
The guests are a delight to talk with
Cons
No breaks during shifts
Chef II (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 26, 2016
Blessed to work for MVW. Very equal in every position, lots of wonderful benefits, great business, and personal morals.
Springhill Suites Marriott
Events Director/Social Media Ambassador/Concierge (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCJuly 26, 2016
Hospitality is no easy feat. This industry has taught me endless incomparable principles, both in business and ethics.
With this power, I have built myself my own empire. You realize how much control you have and how using it to create an efficient, professional, and healthy work environment can contribute to your success as well as the business.

This industry presents many challenging situations that will test your problem solving skills, your ability to interact with others, mathematically, but mostly your patience.

As a professional, I am proud to see where I am at now and look towards my future. I have been given ample education within my work environment. This has led to two promotions in less than a year and a half.

I must give credit where it is due. My team of associates have aided in my vast growth. Our relationships are similar to that of the President and his congress. We check and balance our efforts, decisions, verbiage, ethics, and actions. My team does look up to me as an example and I am always having to question my every decision before I take action. It can be difficult at times, but I always encourage my team to be the executive in their own decision making. A captain can't sail a ship by himself.

My most valued lesson is perspective. I have applied the definition of perspective in every aspect of my professional life as well as my personal. In this field, you must look at any and all situations in many perspectives; how you ponder something and observe every angle. It has proven to be my post powerful tool. I apply it most when
  more... it has been a trying day, when juggling many responsibilities, and I have an oversold hotel. It helps me with my decision process in finding a resolution to any issue. I appreciate perspective. It humbles you and keeps irrationality at bay.  less
Pros
job security
Cons
long, inconsistent hours
Nice Work Place
Front Desk Clerk (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCJuly 26, 2016
Lovely place! I love My coworkers!!!!!,,,, There very understanding with your personal life!!!! i just would like to have more money!!!!
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
health care
Fun Place
Concierge (Former Employee) –  Norwood, MAJuly 26, 2016
Great place to meet new connections and to explore new possibilities in life. Gives you the option to travel and their benefits are great! Definitely an amazing place to work for.
former employee
PRIMARY COOK (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 25, 2016
This job reminded me of a high school atmosphere & a favoritism system. Hard workers are not praised. Most advancement comes from the management position. There isn't to much to pertain from the company.
Pros
beneifits are quicker than other
Cons
hours, pay, management
busy sophisticated atmoshere
Bartender/ Cocktail Server (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 25, 2016
Very busy and very nice place to work. Its a traveling business hotel so meeting people just while they pass through is a joy and a discovery all at once. Learning where they just came from where they are going and why is quite a discovery of the world!
Productive Workplace
DINING ROOM ATTENDANT (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 25, 2016
In a place where the guest is number one, employees are working all the time to improve the service to Marriott guests. Slacking was never allowed in the workplace and the standard of service was excellence at all times.
Great Benefits
Food service Director (Former Employee) –  Collinsville, ILJuly 25, 2016
The training opportunities allowed me to continue to move to the next level through multiple accounts,.
Fun place to work at and delicious food.
Engineering Dept. Intern (Former Employee) –  9010 Ditmars Blvd. East Elmhurst New York 11369July 23, 2016
Overall, it was a wonderful place to work at. There were many fun and challenging tasks that had to be completing and meeting people from all walks of life was always a pleasure.
Great company
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 23, 2016
I really enjoyed working here. My inky down fall would be the long compute because I do live on the Illinois side.
Pros
Lunch
Cons
The drive
good review
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJuly 23, 2016
awesome and amazing company to work for. Marriott international is a very diverse company and work culture is outstanding
Laid back work environment, good for a starter job.
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 23, 2016
A typical day here includes checking in and out guests, resolving guest complaints, and having a fair amount of knowledge of computers. Altogether the job is decent and I absolutely love the customer interaction. Unfortunately, there isn't a lot of team work involved and for a good portion of the day you are on your own. Overall I think this would be good for a starter job if you are in your early years of college.
Pros
Guests, laid back
Cons
pay, no breaks

Marriott International, Inc. Reviews by Location