Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews in United States

Found 7,114 reviews matching the search
Tightly knit support team, provides incentives, get to be creative
Night Auditor/Guest Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Hattiesburg, MSJuly 17, 2016
My typical day at work is fast paced and very interactive. I converse with numerous people on a daily basis and allows me to deal with many different problems in creative ways. Management is all around great and supports their team. They also offer many small incentives that make work fun. My coworkers are all very professional and create a strongly weaved support team. I would say the hardest, but sometimes also the most enjoyable and rewarding part of the job is dealing with the many (and sometimes strange) issues that are bound to arise when working in a hotel, and being able to help guests have the most enjoyable stay imaginable.
Great company
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FloridaJune 17, 2016
This company has been great to work for. The management provides great feedback and support in order for growth opportunities. The environment is that of a family rather than simply a workplace. And the benefits are outstanding!
If there is anything that I haven't come across, the team is always willing to take it as a teaching opportunity. I enjoy this company through and through.
Pros
Hotel Stays, Great team, Insurance benefits
Cons
Can't think of any
Friendly and caring environment
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Vacaville, CAJune 16, 2016
At the Fairfield Inn the guest is the main focus. In order to secure ultimate and secure comfort, we offered a complimentary breakfast buffet and clean comfortable rooms during the stay. My responsibilities were to set up the breakfast buffet and maintain the food and beverage supply, inventory, ordering of supplies, and volunteer my services where ever they were needed, such as in the house keeping department or with keeping the laundry up.
Pros
Fun and friendly environment
Cons
Low work hours
Great company
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAJuly 28, 2016
Marriott is a great company to work for. Most of the customers are super friendly and regulars so you'll get familiar w them. My managers all have bold personalities, and great sense of humor, they are also very helpful. This job is my first hotel job experience and w their help and my motivation, I've transitioned into my role quite well. Looking forward to building a great career within the Marriott company.
Pros
hotel discounts, helpful staff
Great place to work and great benefits.
Front Desk Representative (Current Employee) –  North Charleston, SCJuly 22, 2016
Marriott is an amazing company to work for and they love moving people further along in the company. I am unable to move up because of family working at the company as well. Myself and my family members are unable to further our career at this establishment, due to set rules from corporate.
Pros
Healthcare, Discounts, great learning opportunities
Cons
Short lunch, no breaks, can't move further in company
Excellent Company with Unique Culture and Motivated, (Mostly) Happy Employees
Audio Visual Technician (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TX 78261July 18, 2016
I worked for Marriott at one of their resort-line hotels, the JW Marriott. For the first several years, I loved my job. The team I worked with was passionate and motivated to make things as perfect as possible for our guests, and we all enjoyed doing so. This attitude seemed to be within all departments within the massive JW resort, which is an astounding accomplishment.

The only unfortunate circumstance I encountered came later into my time spent at the JW. As time progressed and the years passed, the department leadership seemed to become jaded and shifted their focus from servicing the customer to pure sales numbers. It was then that I began looking for a new job.
Great co-workers and a fun place to work
BARTENDER/SERVER (Current Employee) –  Keene, NHJuly 26, 2016
It has been exciting working for the Marriott. The monthly meetings are informative, fun and a great group of people. The added benefits of an employee discount during travel season is a bonus. I have taken advantage of many different places to stay while traveling.

Overall I would identify this company to be worth your time and experience.
Pros
The guests are a delight to talk with
Cons
No breaks during shifts
Productive and Entertaining place to work and meet new people.
Room Service Operator (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 27, 2016
I have been working at the Marriott for 15+ years and now they deciding to close down the area that I have once worked. I'm looking to advance my career into something that I really like doing. I hate they are closing down my department, but I'm glad I'm able to actually do something different with my life.
Pros
met a lot of people and been to a lot of events.
Cons
paid for parking every day
Helpful fun environment to work at
Night Auditor Houseman (Former Employee) –  Smyrna, GAJune 9, 2016
i would come in greet all my co workers go in a meeting every morning with my co workers go eat breakfast. then start the day management would come greet us and talk to us and give us advice and ways to advance in our job. i loved working night audit dealing with the customers and checking guest in and meeting new people everyday
Pros
management paid attention to workers, ate every morning, great pay
Cons
short breaks
loved it
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMay 31, 2016
I gained a lot of knowledge and skills employed at Marriott and a huge amount of friends and until this very day I keep in touch with my Marriott friends. It was fun and exactly like home with a loving and caring family. When the hotel closed and got renamed the Sheraton Hotel. I transferred to another hotel to stay employed with Marriott and cried my first day on the job because I wanted to go back home to my work family whom I realized I truly missed and cared greatly for.
Pros
family love work zone
Cons
working long hours with your work family
Productive and Fun
Line Cook/Prep Man (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 1, 2016
I start my day by tapping my Employees I.D and straight to the kitchen to work with my Preps and Setting up my Station. I Learned How to boost my confidence working with other races because i am really a shy type of a person. I also Learned how to deal with pressure by working as a Team. Hardest part of my Job is to be apart with my family, While the most enjoyable part is i get to earn and save money for my future.
Pros
More Overtime, Free lunch
Cons
Short Break
I love my job!!!
Hostess (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 29, 2016
Clock into work on time. Head up stair s to the hostess stand make sure it is clean and tidy. Check the work schedule book it see what server I will be working with that morning and what sections they have. After I check the book I then double check with the servers in person in case of any changes. Once that is done I get a cup of tea and wait till 5:55 a.m. The restaurant opens at 6 a.m.. After that its just keeping the rotation with the servers and seating guests. My typical speech is, " Hello welcome to Zenia. ( I tell the guest my name ) and I will be your hostess". I take them to there seat, ask if this is acceptable and pick up the extra silverware.
productive work, easy and fun
Front Desk Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lawton, OKMay 28, 2016
I've learned financially how to keep and check our financial status up to date.Reviewing over guest list to make courtesy phone calls if satisfied with room/stay.I think the most difficult part and time ive dealt with was playing an AGM role at a few points when GM would be on vacation, it was challenging but very much accomplished at all aspects.I loved that part a lot because at th same time I was still able to situate many different guest related situations independently.
Pros
would have complementary lunches
Cons
NO HELATHCARE unless paid for out of your own pocket
Well run company with strong leadership
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Avon, INJune 28, 2016
Had a schedule of projects that needed to be accomplished first and daily preventative maintenance jobs as well.
I learned the inner workings how a well run hotel was operated.
The hotel I worked at had an outstanding management staff that was very professional and had the well being of its staff and clientel.
Our staff was very well trained and took pride in the performance of there responsibilities and the hotel.
I believe the hardest part of my job was unexpected break downs.
Also my most enjoyable part of the job was the feeling I got of overcoming an unexpected chore that completed in a minimum of time.
Pros
Benefits that come with working for Marriott
Cons
I can not think of anything. This company really cares for it's staff
Advancement is possible
Housekeeper/Houseman (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJune 4, 2016
The job requires many days of hard work and constant work ethic, but most jobs do. Certain positions at a hotel can bring a lot of unneeded stress, and leave one feeling drained of energy, though a positive attitude and a constant reminder of goals can bring great results at this corporation.
Pros
constant customer interaction, fast paced
Cons
breaks can feel shortened, certain managers can be belligerent
Not a good place to work
Guest Services (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLJuly 20, 2016
Terrible, rude management; kitchen employees rarely ever wear gloves and dont understand food safety which is disgusting; employees would touch raw chicken then ready to eat food with bare hands, not washing in between; ROACHES in the kitchen and management did NOTHING about it; not much room to advance, pay raises few and far between; bad job security, always felt like I was being watched closely for any mistake I made and like I was going to be let go at any time because of it; nobody ever listens to what you say or what you need. Don't do it, it will only stress you out beyond belief and put you in an extremely negative (and also roach infested) environment.
Pros
Some good coworkers
Cons
Roaches, people who dont understand food safety, rude management, low pay, hostile environment
The best company I have worked for
Night Auditor (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 19, 2016
The culture is very diverse. Management usually comes up from the ranks so they are very supportive of Work/Life balance. Opportunities to advance are there for those who seek it and job security is virtually guaranteed for the hard working dedicated employees. Compensation and benefits are great, even more so for full time employees than part timers.

I would have become a lifetime employee if I wasn't studying for a different field altogether.
Pros
It is almost never boring working for a Marriott
Cons
Full time positions are numbered nowadays maybe because of the benefits involved
Good view
Marketplace Attendant (Former Employee) –  Palm Beach Shores, FLMay 16, 2016
Started off very great . But just seems like everyone is out to get each other . Food and beverage is something I always wanted to do . guest are nice and sweet most of the time . But managers sucked . Never approved days off even if you give them time in advanced . Never wanted to take suggestion . Also nobody every leaves so no chances of moving up . A lot of fake people . My manager never knew what was going on around . If it wasn't for the people That actually cared to work there they wouldn't pass any test .DONT WORK HERE IF YOU DONT WANT TO GO INSANE
Benefits
Cons
Everything else
Ritz Carlton is rated number 1 In the United States
Barista (Former Employee) –  Laguna Niguel, CAMay 16, 2016
The Ritz Carlton was one of the most incredible places to work. The staff was amazing, the environment was outstanding, and work ethic was nothing but impeccable by every employee there .

Co-workers and management treated each other with the highest respect.

The setting was beautiful. It was exciting to wake up everyday and go to work in this gorgeous up scale hotel right on the beach.

I learned that when you have the right staff and management how successful you and the company can be.
Pros
That the employees treated each other as well as the guests
Cons
California is a very expensive place to live
There was never enough time to get everything done after the payroll clerk position was added.
Payroll Clerk / General cashier (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNMay 24, 2016
This job was extremely fast paced to start with then more work was added to the job. My original job was general cashier, then payroll was added to my duties. I enjoyed doing both jobs and I learned a lot of new skills. I was glad to have a chance to expand my job skills but there was never enough time to get everything done. The payroll part of my job was dependent upon the department managers getting their reports in on time and they were always to busy to check their reports and get them back to me on time. It was really a great job and I am glad that I had the opportunity to be involved in this work.
Pros
My own private office.
Cons
Never enough time to get everything done.

Marriott International, Inc. Reviews by Location