Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews

Good kitchen job
Cook- Banquet Garde Manger (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAJanuary 16, 2018
I liked this position. I learned all the basics I needed for a long career doing whatever I choose in the culinary field. From baking and pastry to breakfast and dinner you can do it all working here
Guest
Cook/House Keeping/ Night Audit (Current Employee) –  Newport News, VAJanuary 16, 2018
Very busy day checking in guest. I learn how to be more patient
set up information before the guest arrive. Block rooms early and
make keys. Management always help out. Work place is great.
When room not ready and guest ready to check in. Checking in guest
using there last name as they walk through the door and they have that smile on there face.
Pros
Making the guest happy
Cons
when guest is unhappy
Good Job
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Juneau, AKJanuary 16, 2018
This job can be a little slow paced depending on the season. Typically more busy during the summer. It is a job that requires a good memory (ie face etc)
Pros
Relaxed enviorment
Cons
Boring
A proud moment for all our hard work
Produced/Editor (Former Employee) –  Kona, HIJanuary 16, 2018
We had filmed many weddings at this location and were asked to create a wedding web commercial that would create further interest in their already popular location. We had an original score created and re-edited our wedding footage to create an impactful, engaging video.
Fun and enjoyable experience and great place to work
Hotel Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 16, 2018
Great place to work and to be around great environment enjoyed my co-workers also the people I met at work it was a very busy location..so you know what they say..location..location.
Fun Place
Event Management Assistant (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJanuary 16, 2018
I enjoyed interacting with the customers. I would have liked to have gone further but I would have had to take a pay cut to go to another position to get to where I wanted to go. I couldn't afford that.
poor management
BREAKFAST CHEF (Former Employee) –  Dover, DEJanuary 16, 2018
to many managers being turned over because of the amount they got paid. i made more the the mangers did and i think they left because of the hours they had to put in
Pros
free dinner
Cons
poor management
Monotonous, demanding and tedious
Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CAJanuary 15, 2018
Guests from all over the world check in and require assistance for their enjoyment and stay. As a night auditor, you balance all the days transactions and initiate the process to send to the bank while tending to the needs of all guests and checking them in at all hours of the night/morning.
Pros
Meeting people from around the world. Discounted hotel rooms.
Cons
Graveyard shift is very taxing on your life.
I love the work environment
Banquet Server (on-call) (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 15, 2018
I only worked with Marriott for a year and it was the best experience i've ever had. I always recommend anyone to work with them because of the benefits and opportunities to grow.
Great Job for career
Restaurant General Manager (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MSJanuary 15, 2018
I have enjoyed my time as a restaurant GM . My pay is not what I would like, but the leadership is awesome and I feel supported. Very structured and a nice benefit package are the HR aspects. The staff itself is programmed and culturally sound, aspects of this are Integrity
Pros
Free food and cafeteria
Fun workplace
Front desk Manager (Current Employee) –  Keene, NHJanuary 15, 2018
I am the FOM I like fast paced while helping the guests and making sure they have what they need during their stay. The employees are like family we help each other out as a team which is very helpful.
Marriott did not supply us with much too work with.
Front Desk Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 15, 2018
The typical day was difficult with a short staff. I learned how to take care of staff. I was lacking guidance from the GM. We had to communicate with other leaders. The hardest part of the job was not havng a GM. We could not get approval for change that was needed. The best pat of the job was dealing with customer. I loved dealing with my team, also.
Pros
free lunch, Great associates
Cons
no GM to handle my my inquires.
Excellent company with great benefits
Overnight Bellman (Current Employee) –  San Juan, PRJanuary 15, 2018
A typical day would start with line-up,prepare work area and uniform and then begin.This company pays lots of attention to details and to guests needs and wants.
Fun place to work
Room Service Server (Former Employee) –  Miramar, PRJanuary 14, 2018
I was never able to work my 40 hour a week but a fun place to work a lot of team work health insurance was not the best management was great to work with
Stressful
Guest Services Agent (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 14, 2018
Company has good benefits and its a good pay for me. I wish they could raise the salary a little bit more for the stressful job that we do everyday as a Front Desk Agents. Managers are very nice, employees are welcoming. Its just the job itself is stressful. Hours is sometimes unhealthy but its an hospitality job. You don't get holidays unless they approved a request off for it. Overall if you want to start a career in the hotel industry, Marriott is a good company to grow and learn about the industry.
Poor management and lack of understandment
Hotel Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Warrenville, ILJanuary 14, 2018
It used to be a a fun experience to work at but it went downhill really quick and it has stayed like that for months now. Every time that i attend work it is just to stressful no one seems to care about your work. I am over working there because of the lack of profession that the managers have.
Pros
vacation hours, pto
Cons
short breaks or no breaks at all
It has been many years.
Vacation Ownership Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 14, 2018
My experience with the company was fanastic as far as work life goes. I was sad to leave during the great recession but the opportunities available fell short like other companies at that time.
marriott
Night Auditor (Current Employee) –  Montgomery, ALJanuary 14, 2018
i love marriott just needs better benefits for hard working dependable workers its a good job no benefits tho but thats at the franchise guidelines not marriott . prattville al

.....................................................................................
Pros
discounts
Cons
no benefits :franchises
Nice hotel
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KS 66211January 13, 2018
I worked at this hotel and the athmosphere is classy and highend. I would recommend people to stay at the hotel but i am looking forward to a need job experience.
Good company but expectations not what they say they are
Concierge (Current Employee) –  Sarasota, FLJanuary 12, 2018
Good company but expectations not what they say they are. Work life and personal balance are as unfair as unfair can be. Pay is nothing for the work you do.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Marriott International, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.