Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews

I love the work environment
Banquet Server (on-call) (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 15, 2018
I only worked with Marriott for a year and it was the best experience i've ever had. I always recommend anyone to work with them because of the benefits and opportunities to grow.
Great Job for career
Restaurant General Manager (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MSJanuary 15, 2018
I have enjoyed my time as a restaurant GM . My pay is not what I would like, but the leadership is awesome and I feel supported. Very structured and a nice benefit package are the HR aspects. The staff itself is programmed and culturally sound, aspects of this are Integrity
Pros
Free food and cafeteria
Fun workplace
Front desk Manager (Current Employee) –  Keene, NHJanuary 15, 2018
I am the FOM I like fast paced while helping the guests and making sure they have what they need during their stay. The employees are like family we help each other out as a team which is very helpful.
Marriott did not supply us with much too work with.
Front Desk Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 15, 2018
The typical day was difficult with a short staff. I learned how to take care of staff. I was lacking guidance from the GM. We had to communicate with other leaders. The hardest part of the job was not havng a GM. We could not get approval for change that was needed. The best pat of the job was dealing with customer. I loved dealing with my team, also.
Pros
free lunch, Great associates
Cons
no GM to handle my my inquires.
Excellent company with great benefits
Overnight Bellman (Current Employee) –  San Juan, PRJanuary 15, 2018
A typical day would start with line-up,prepare work area and uniform and then begin.This company pays lots of attention to details and to guests needs and wants.
Fun place to work
Room Service Server (Former Employee) –  Miramar, PRJanuary 14, 2018
I was never able to work my 40 hour a week but a fun place to work a lot of team work health insurance was not the best management was great to work with
Stressful
Guest Services Agent (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 14, 2018
Company has good benefits and its a good pay for me. I wish they could raise the salary a little bit more for the stressful job that we do everyday as a Front Desk Agents. Managers are very nice, employees are welcoming. Its just the job itself is stressful. Hours is sometimes unhealthy but its an hospitality job. You don't get holidays unless they approved a request off for it. Overall if you want to start a career in the hotel industry, Marriott is a good company to grow and learn about the industry.
Poor management and lack of understandment
Hotel Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Warrenville, ILJanuary 14, 2018
It used to be a a fun experience to work at but it went downhill really quick and it has stayed like that for months now. Every time that i attend work it is just to stressful no one seems to care about your work. I am over working there because of the lack of profession that the managers have.
Pros
vacation hours, pto
Cons
short breaks or no breaks at all
It has been many years.
Vacation Ownership Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 14, 2018
My experience with the company was fanastic as far as work life goes. I was sad to leave during the great recession but the opportunities available fell short like other companies at that time.
marriott
Night Auditor (Current Employee) –  Montgomery, ALJanuary 14, 2018
i love marriott just needs better benefits for hard working dependable workers its a good job no benefits tho but thats at the franchise guidelines not marriott . prattville al

.....................................................................................
Pros
discounts
Cons
no benefits :franchises
Nice hotel
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KS 66211January 13, 2018
I worked at this hotel and the athmosphere is classy and highend. I would recommend people to stay at the hotel but i am looking forward to a need job experience.
Good company but expectations not what they say they are
Concierge (Current Employee) –  Sarasota, FLJanuary 12, 2018
Good company but expectations not what they say they are. Work life and personal balance are as unfair as unfair can be. Pay is nothing for the work you do.
Best company
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLJanuary 12, 2018
Working for this company that provided such a great opportunity to move up within the company and grow. The benefits of being able to get a discounted price and travel is a blessing. The training they provide you with is something that you can take wherever you grow. They go through an extensive 6 weeks of training to teach you how to interact with clients, verbiage and the best customer service.
I did not enjoy my employment
Executive Head Chef (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJanuary 12, 2018
I was lied to about my hours, job duties, and compensation. Every day I worked was dangerous because of inadequate security. Wasn't provided the tools nessacary to do a good job. Poorly ran
Pros
Relaxed enviroment
Cons
terrible management, bad property, dangerous
I worked the front desk.
Front Desk Associate (Former Employee) –  Fort Walton Beach, FLJanuary 12, 2018
I was a full time/seasonal employee.
What that means is after Labor Day, I was basically On Call.
Not very life sustaining.
It was my dream job though!
project victory
Laundry/Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 12, 2018
monday to friday at 8am to 10:30 we was in project victory at miami spring i was first was room service and i was in the house keeping and last day i was in the laundry room in the room service was pick trant and too pull dish watcher pull salt and pepper to getter at the at house keeping clean the window and pull power rug and take all housekeeping bed sheet and towels dirty cloth after that the last one was in laundry room folding towels other stuff
Pros
free breakfast
Cons
Productive fun place low pace
Server/Banquet Server (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 12, 2018
Fun, productive and very unbore place to work, a lot of discounts in rooms and a lot of departments, realíable coworkers and management. I didn’t not intent to leave I was just hired as on call and I needed more hours
Pros
Low cost lunches
Cons
Ahora breaks
Good Work Environment
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  Streetsboro, OHJanuary 11, 2018
A good place to work with a multitude of benfits within the company. Working for Marriott can take you all over the world with flexible schedules and relocation options avaible internally.
Great Place
Lead Maintenance Engineer (Current Employee) –  San Rafael, CAJanuary 11, 2018
I enjoyed working at this company. I felt like part of the family and for that I will forever be grateful. I would definitely recommend this place to others.
Great Place to work
Server/Bartender (Current Employee) –  Half Moon Bay, CAJanuary 11, 2018
very professional work environment, great people. Holidays and weekends are a must but that comes with the business. Great benefits, and possibility for advancement in the company.
Pros
great people, professional environment
Cons
Long Hours on your feet

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Marriott International, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.