Marriott International, Inc.

3.6K reviews

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews

good company to work
MRT housekeeping department (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOAugust 24, 2015
Cons: flexible schedules, great pay
Good place to work. There is so much room to growth and the pay is great. You learn so many different things its none stop. I learned how to be a better leadership. Meet a lot of people. Growing company
Good experience
Inturn baking assistant (Former Employee), Palm Desert, CAAugust 23, 2015
I was only an inturn at the Marriott but it was a really great experience. I was able to learn a lot there and I enjoyed working for a hotel.
Fast Paced Busy Work Schedule
Accounting Clerk (Current Employee), Grand Rapids, MIAugust 23, 2015
Typical days involves processing cash and payables. Reviewing invoices and processing for payment. verifying statements and solving missed invoices on a daily basis while continue to work efficiently in the environment. Process and pay invoices, credit card statement and maintain an organized work station.
a good place to work
Dishwasher/Server (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAAugust 23, 2015
washing dishes after banquets functions, as well as setting up for banquets function, getting food at function on time
Great customer service
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee), Santa Ana, CAAugust 23, 2015
Pros: Good hotel discounts
Cons: Low pay
Interacting with all kinds of people every day was a challenge and a great experience. Each day I learned something new and got allot of training in the customer service field to make myself a better person when talking to other people.
Maintain the Hotels lobby and halls and elevators cleanliness
Houseman (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOAugust 22, 2015
Pros: Great area
Cons: Bad management
I liked my job and what I did there but the management team was very appalling, they had they own personal problems and didn't know how to separate business life and personal life. They were not equal.
Excellent Corporation
Market Director, Marketing Communications (Former Employee), New York, NYAugust 22, 2015
Pros: Many resources and great reputation
Cons: Lots of travel and days away from home
Marriott was an excellent place to work. As Bill Marriott says, if you take care of your associates, they will take care of your customers.
Constant changes
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee), Houston, TXAugust 22, 2015
Check guests in and out of the hotel. Balance bills and assist with all guest request. Accommodate with amenity requests.
Worst Job I Ever Had
Night Auditor (Former Employee), Racine, WIAugust 21, 2015
Management was terrible. Lazy, unmotivated staff was constantly leaving work for other employees. Bickering and threats between staff. Revolving door of good staff leaving all the time because they didn't want to work with bad staff.
Good Company Marriott ( Gaylord Palms )
Server Assistant (Former Employee), Gaylord PalmsAugust 21, 2015
High Standards, excellent training,quality environment, opportunities of promotions or transfers, immigrants and diversity very welcome, not discrimination at all. Flexibility with the schedule. Affordable quality meals for employees, gym, clean bathrooms
. I ended there because I got a better position in a different company where the candidates for the job were less competitives.
Nice hotel to work
Housekeeper (Former Employee), West Mifflin, PAAugust 21, 2015
Pros: free breakfast
Cons: too many rooms to clean more than 17.
Very busy place to work and easy to do. I learned to make sure the rooms are perfect and spotless. The manager was nice. The co-workers are great teams. The hardest part of the job was doing too many rooms. The most enjoyable was working and helping out with co workers.
Fun place to work
Overnight Front Office Lead (Former Employee), Seattle Marriott WaterfrontAugust 20, 2015
Pros: GREAT benefits, free dinner, excellent pay, Excellent Management
Cons: I am just not an overnight worker.
Overnight shifts are too much! Loved my job, but it takes a special person to work the graveyard shift very long. If you are someone that is looking for an overnight shift, with hotel experience, I wouldn't recommend any other place to work. GREAT benefits, fun workplace, excellent pay for expectations, complete management support.
Great Experience
Server (Former Employee), Norcross, GAAugust 20, 2015
 Assisting the Restaurant Manager with the daily operation of all outets
 Following S.O.P.’s and training employees within those guidelines
 Overseeing guest/host interaction and interceding when necassary
 Scheduling according to hotels occupancy and the events in the hotel
 Creating revenue generating plans and incentives for outlet hosts
 Assisting with monitoring budget and hours for all outlets
 Motivating and preparing hosts in daily standups.
Great place to work!
Line Cook (Current Employee), Austin, TXAugust 20, 2015
I really enjoyed working here. This was by far one of the best corporations to be affiliated with. The best part of that job was working alongside so many talented and gifted cooks from around the world. Don't forget the management as well. They really treat you like family. Everybody works toward the common goal.
Marriott no longer has dietetics services
Clincial Dietitian (Former Employee), White Plains, NYAugust 20, 2015
Pros: Corporate diet manual and plans
Cons: Benefits, low pay, long hours, work on weekend/holidays
Marriott no longer has dietetics services. The hours were long and had to work most weekends and holidays. Most people were unhappy.
Best part of the job
General Sales Representative (Former Employee), Clemson, SCAugust 20, 2015
Fun work place with supportive management and room to grow into different job titles within the company. The best part was getting to learn so much about the hotel business.
Fast paced working environment, high labor expectations, extensive hours
Banquet Server (Former Employee), Bakersfield, CAAugust 19, 2015
Good place to learn how to develop communications skills especially with co-workers and the guests. Fast paced environment has shown me how to accomplish more than one thing at a time. Great place to network because of different types of events we hosted. Everyone always worked together to get the job done, definitely a teamwork atmosphere. The best part was being able to see different cultures and their celebrations and seeing the results of an event.
Marriott is a great company to work for,
Housekeeping Supervisor (Former Employee), Stockton, CAAugust 19, 2015
Pros: Meeting new people, working with great people.
Cons: none
Working with the Residence Inn was a great experince I got to meet alot of guests that are traveling around the world. Many guests with many stories. Working with coworkers and being very close to them and meeting thier families and feeling like they are also your family is a great feeling. Sometimes you have to make a dission on yoyr own and hope that its the right one that your making.
Most enjoyable,exciting and challenging.
Loss Prevention Officer (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAAugust 19, 2015
Pros: Free dinner, free snacks and breakfast.
Cons: Loved the place but it was too far. to commute.
Loved every minute of my work there.
Learned customer service.
Great management.
The cope with multiple tasks.
Guest's satisfaction.
great place to work
Executive Chef (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNAugust 19, 2015
Pros: Great employees and managment
Cons: the usual hotel challenges
I was responsible for all food and beverage production, ordering and inventory, staffing, P&L, menus, training, banquets.
Headquarters