Marriott International, Inc.
3,135 reviews

Marriott International, Inc. United States Employee Reviews

great company to worf for
Front Desk Clerk (Current Employee), Fort Wayne, INApril 19, 2015
Pros: its possibilities to grow
Cons: sometimes no break at all
checking in guest
customer service skills
really good with their employees, understanding
team players
sometimes hard to please everybody
the team
Very busy place to work.
General Clean Also Gatehouse attendant (Former Employee), Melbourne, FLApril 18, 2015
Pros: I was great at multi tasking and they always kept me busy
Cons: When work was a little too much no one was concerned
Co workers were always great but management didnt seem overly concerned with the workload.I learned multiple thing working here including light maintanace and plenty of constumer service. I cross trained multiple times.But there was no advancement opprotunities. I felt over looked quiet a bit.
Varies place to place
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee), MarylandApril 17, 2015
Pros: Free coffee, free breakfast, good Marriott discounts.
Cons: Coffee is terrible, so is the breakfast, minimum wage. No breaks!
Location location location.
A day at work normally isn't too bad. With good property management, working here could be a breeze. Get a bad manager sprinkled in, and suddenly no one is there to help you. HR? What HR?
I learned a lot about haggling and property management systems. I learned about the hospitality business, but not how to ADVANCE in the hospitality business. Get comfy where they stick you. Co-workers have the ability to be good, but sometimes they fall a little short.
Hardest part of the job? Customers. Guests can be the vilest beings on the planet. Rude, money grubbing, nasty people who don't view you as a person.
Most enjoyable part of the job? The nice ones. People who travel a lot have to talk to a lot of people. Many of them are interested in learning about you, because hey, they'll never see you again and they want to make temporary friends while they're here. That, and I get to sit at a desk for 8 hours and answer a phone. Not too shabby.
what i enjoy about my job
Front Desk Associate (Current Employee), Rocky Mount, NCApril 16, 2015
Pros: working with the guest
Cons: not enough hrs
I enjoy the customer service and the hours I work .the gm has tought me a lot and the associates I work with are wonderful just an all around wonderful job but I need more income
routine
Customer Service Sales Representative (Former Employee), Gaithersburg, MDApril 16, 2015
Pros: you knew exactly what to do
Cons: no change
everyone had their one cubicle
punched in
answered the phones consecutively
a lot of people
punched out to take lunch break
front desk
Front desk agent (Former Employee), Miami, FLApril 16, 2015
Pros: customers and discount
Cons: management and advancement
Working at a franchise was not the best exprience... There isnt alot of room to grow. When trying to gain exprience it wasn't welcomed.
very good company
Server (Former Employee), KSApril 16, 2015
I have never made so many friends working at one job before and we more of a family then we were friends its very sad that we had to break this group up
nice place to work
Customer Service (Former Employee), phila,paApril 16, 2015
Pros: free rooms
Cons: customers where sometimes rude
working at the Marriott was an ok experience for me. sometime hard but overall it was ok. I had some ok times working for the Marriott hotel. the experience was very challenging but also fun.
Very Good place
Waitress (Former Employee), Carolina, PRApril 16, 2015
Very good place to work, Good Management, Good location, good Service. Most of the employees have a lot of years with the company.
it's okay
Housekeeping (Former Employee), athebs, GaApril 14, 2015
this is an okay job, it's not the best place to work but also not the worst. this company needs to work more on who they choose to place in supervisor positions. other than that it's okay.
Extra money working in evenings
Housekeeping Supervisor/ Housekeeper/ Laundry Aide (Former Employee), Lincoln, NEApril 14, 2015
Easy work in the evenings but for very little pay. Like the job but certain individuals made it difficult to prosper within the company. Would have stayed if I had got better pay for the experience I have.
lively place to work for it was a very respectable and honorable company
Housekeeper/Laundry Attendant (Former Employee), Merrillville, INApril 14, 2015
it was the best job i ever had i would work there again
my coworkers were the best
but the hardest part about my job was the stairs, we had no elevator
The manager was always cheering us on to make a sale.
Telemarketer (Former Employee), Orlando, FLApril 14, 2015
A typical day at work consisted of receiving our leads for the night. Before making phone calls, the head of the call center had a pep talk for all of the teams. I learned how to communicate with past guests, and how to get them to visit one of the many Marriott locations in Orlando, Florida or Hilton Head, South Carolina. The management made sure that everyone was on point. My co-workers had a passion for selling vacation packages. The hardest part of the job was coming so close to a sale. The most enjoyable part of the job was making sales.
Fun
Server/Cook/Bartender in the Bistro (Former Employee), Malvern, PAApril 13, 2015
Was a cook, server, and bartender. It was fun working in this type of working enviornment. I learned new people skills, and how to bartend. Everything I learned here I am able to bring with me to other jobs.
Productive work life
Banquet Server (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAApril 13, 2015
I've had the opportunity to grow with the company. I've worked at Marriott since I was 19. The most enjoyable part of the job is that we have off time over the summer, which gives me the opportunity to travel.
Horrible Management- Augusta, GA
Bartender/Server (Former Employee), Augusta, GAApril 13, 2015
Pros: Flexible schedules
Cons: Managers do not manage well
Let me begin with the general manager hates women and you'll know who he is immediately. He makes comments that are demeaning. Supposedly it's because he's gay and he hates women. Who knows though. Everyone talks behind everyone's back. I worked there for 2 years and they never called me once to schedule me for my on-call shifts. Another employee would call me to see if I could work and schedule me. The management was lacking (except maybe one person there). Do no trust them for anything. They don't appreciate their employees or how hard they work unless you are one of their favorites and then you can do no wrong.
Baywood experience
Front Desk (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLApril 13, 2015
Pros: The guest that check in are really happy with the hotel
Cons: No regular schedule, no open-door for everyone
Baywood hotels are nice hotels for staying, but not for working. The management doesn't care about the employees. There isn't much room for advancement or mistakes. If you aren't trained properly when you re first hired, they won't take the time to help you to learn the things that you don't know. There is a lot of favoritism between the management and the employees that they like.
A great place to learn new things and work.
Dishwasher (Former Employee), Tampa, FLApril 12, 2015
Pros: Great benefits.
Cons: Being laid off due to an outside company replacing my position.
As well as performing all of my duties as a dishwasher, I assisted the chef in food preparation and serving food.

I not only learning about what it was like to work as a dishwasher in a hotel, but how the food was to be prepared and served.

The management staff and my colleagues were always a pleasure to work with.

I cannot recall any part of this job that I would consider hard. I enjoyed it so much, that I worked there for many years.
productive
Receptionist/Customer Service (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCApril 12, 2015
Pros: meeting people from all walks of life
Cons: working on weekends
A great place to work. It is was my first real customer service job and I learned a lot about having impeccable customer service techniques.
Typical work day.
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee), Cary, NCApril 12, 2015
Pros: Great benefits.
Cons: Lack of advancement.
Assist General Manager in leading team in the development and implementation of property-wide strategies. Ensure implementation of the brand service strategies and brand initiatives with the objective of meeting or exceeding guests expectations.
Build relationship with associates and key customers involved in the sales process

About Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc., is a leading lodging and hospitality company that develops, operates, and franchises hotels, corporate – Read more

Marriott International, Inc. Salaries