Marriott International, Inc.
3,329 reviews

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews

Great Work Environment
Guest Service Representative (Current Employee), Charlottesville, VAJune 18, 2015
Pros: Great working environment
Cons: Salary
The management was very professional as well as helpful in training. All of the other employees were helpful and fun to work with. I learned to interact with guests, problem solve, and communicate well over the phone with guests. The hardest part of the job was dealing with specific guest issues at certain times. The most enjoyable part was working with others and interacting with people on a daily basis.
Awesome company to work for, very well diverise, great team work from the magement team from top to bottom. Oppertunity to advance was great and hired
GENERAL MANAGER (Former Employee), 8670 Allisonville Road Indianapolis IndianaJune 17, 2015
Pros: very good team work and total pay package
Cons: open 24/7 365 days a year
over seen 50memp-loyeeys with 5 managers, quarterly budgets well as maintaining the P&L. All ordering for each department. Handled all accounts payable and receivable with doing all banking
fun active work place
Banquet Server (Current Employee), San Ramon, CAJune 17, 2015
Pros: music to get us in that happy mood
Cons: free lunches
Everyday is a new thing, At first it might feel like your in high school due to all the different ethnicity but at the end of the day your making a friend that you thought you would ever makes friends in your life time. You'll learn something new everyday were you know you sever from your right and pick up from your left and never pour water from above the head but around. Mangers you know their always mean well some are but i have the best supervisor name Kelley and Dave and i couldn't ask for better one, but overall at the end of the day is cleaning up and saying goodbye to everyone at 1am but sometimes your happy your leaving so you just say hello to your bed
fun in the dinning room
Housekeeping (Former Employee), West Palm Beach, FLJune 16, 2015
Pros: free lunch
Cons: 30 min brakes
every day at work we have meeting in that meeting we receive compliment or correction from the supervisor and assigned work, i learn how to cooperate with my co-workers and my staff management, my co-workers they very nice and take very serious they job. the hardest part of the jobs is sometime when the houseman not here you have to go down to have what you need, i enjoy the job because i like working and helping who need aid.many time the supervisor order pizza for lunch
Decent work staff
Housekeeping (Former Employee), Fredericksburg, VAJune 16, 2015
Pros: liked the work
Cons: not enough hours or training
While i did not dislike my job certain things made it less enjoyable than i would have cared for. certain staff members left way before my shift started leaving me with an increased work load multiple times. i was also unable to get all the training i needed in order to fully do my job as per its description.
Productive and customer satisfaction postion. Friendly and assertive enivironment
Front Desk Associate (Former Employee), Huntsville, ALJune 16, 2015
I truly enjoyed this company from day one. Marriott brand has always strived for guest satisfaction in so many ways. I was able to learn and grow in my five and a half years with the company, and it considered it one of the best jobs I have ever held.
Very nice Starter Job
Guest Service Representive (Former Employee), WaldorfJune 16, 2015
Pros: The discounts on hotels/ Monthly associate luncheons
Cons: Healthcare
I enjoyed working at this franchise property due to the ability of growth. I came into the business with no knowledge of the computer software. I now am able to train new hires and others. This job was simple.. Customer Service. Checking guest in and out.Handing payment types and issue that may have occurred.
Marriott is an excellent company to work for.
Night Auditor (Former Employee), Fort Pierce, FLJune 15, 2015
Pros: Good pay
Cons: Health benifits for francised properties may be lacking.
I worked for a franchised Marriott Springhill Suites and Fairfield Inn approximately 6 years at each hotel. They have a loyal following and in my experience are more than consistent in cleanliness and quality.
FUN PLACE TO WORK
Banquet Chef Supervisor (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJune 15, 2015
Pros: free meals
Cons: SHORT BREAKS
I WOULD CHECK MENU AND SEE WHAT NEED TO BE MADE.THEN I WOULD START WORKING.I WOULD CHECK HOW MANY EMPLOYEES WERE GOING TO WORK THEN I WOULD PUT EACH PERSON IN THERE PLACE THEN JOB GOT HARD WHEN WE HAD BIG EVENTS
Excellent Place To Work
Sales Manager (Current Employee), Dedham, MAJune 15, 2015
Pros: Excellent Place to Work
Cons: Nothing
Very Promising and an Excellent School of learning Hospitality.
Professional training courses to add more knowledge and experience on how to handle all kinds of situations.
POSITIVE WORK ENVIRONMENT
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee), Newark, CAJune 14, 2015
Pros: everything
Cons: nothing
Positive vibes and management that are here for their employees. Everyone reaches out a hand when someone is in need and we have daily meetings to find ways to better ourselves as a company
Productive & Fun Work Place at the New York Marriott Marquis
Events Services Manager (Current Employee), New York CityJune 14, 2015
A typical day at work for me consists of checking meeting room set-ups and greeting the clients. I always make sure that we do everything in our power to exceed their expectations. I've learned how to be a well rounded manager that can deal with any type of situation anytime. I iam always ready for the inevitable. My co-workers are great leaders which I have learned alot of different skills from them, this includes my associates also. The hardest part of being an Event Services Manager is trying to figure out the competing priorities and how to manage them so that we have the best outcome for our guests. The most enjoyable part of my job is pleasing the guests. There nothing that I wouldnt do to make sure our guests are happy.
Good Company to work for.
Senior Assistant Director of Finance (Current Employee), Detroit, MIJune 13, 2015
Good Company to work for. Might have to move around to advance.Great team and co workers with focus on guests and associates.
Fun/Progressive place to work
Front Desk Receptionist (Current Employee), Wichita, KSJune 13, 2015
Pros: dynamic work place, flexible schedules, positve environment, benefits
I have enjoyed working at Marriott properties. Each property is different, and I have enjoyed working with people. The environment is dynamic. Employees can move up within the company, and there is an incentive to work. Guests help create a dynamic workplace. The company itself is wonderful and provides special incentives for employees. Overall, it is wonderful to work for the Marriott.
Im a Multi tasking
Engineer/ Houseman (Current Employee), Independence, OHJune 13, 2015
I review my day by starting on my daily checklist and helping check guest and help out at the bistro. im really independent and dependent .
job work
Front Desk Manager (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYJune 12, 2015
very busy place to work but I learned a lot very challenging but worth it. I love the challenge and miss it but i moved to florida and now im doing much better.
FUN WORK PLACE .
Banquet Food Server (Former Employee), Macon, GAJune 11, 2015
A banquet server is responsible for preparing the tables and banquet area before guests arrive, effectively serving a number of different dishes and courses to guests during a meal, and clearing the tables and banquet area after the guests depart. Banquets are most often held at hotels, resorts, or private clubs for large events and parties. This means that there may be 100 or more guests to be efficiently and pleasantly served during the course of an event. A server effectively tends to those needs, with duties similar to a restaurant waiter but working in a more team-focused way.
Admin. assistant
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Appleton, WIJune 11, 2015
My job consisted of taking care of account recievable and payable as far as the direct bill was concerned,working front desk, checking customers in/out of the hotel. Doing hospitality for breakfast and dinner.
You will learn daily
Operations Manager (Current Employee), Ft Lauderdale, FLJune 10, 2015
Everyday brings new challenges however that is what makes it such an interesting place to work. You will never have a dull day and will continue to learn new things.
fun work place,with lots of employee appreciation days
Regional Manager (Former Employee), AZ,CO,CA,NV,TX,NM,UTJune 10, 2015
Pros: employee lunches
Cons: 6 days of work
long day of work,11-13 hours.
Learned how to balance my life and work and that work will be there tomorrow.
Love working with all management staff,they were very supportive.
Meet some of best friends there,it was hard to leave them all behind ,when I give my notice.
Enjoyed hotel guests and people I worked with.

About Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc., is a leading lodging and hospitality company that develops, operates, and franchises hotels, corporate – Read more

Marriott International, Inc. Salaries