Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews

Great place to be
Front Desk Receptionist/Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAOctober 7, 2017
They train their staff and encourage froth with various trading programs. Standards are clear and consistently maintained across all levels of associates. They pay wel and treat their staff kindly. They help you to grow if you choose to grow with them.
Pros
Staff management work together not against each other, different departments help one another when needed, the culture is excellence driven and family-like.
Cons
Unless you are willing to move advancement may be slow.
a day at the hotel
Server/Waiter (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAOctober 6, 2017
At this property they lack the communication skill between staff and managenemt.. when hired they dont train you for the specific posttion you bascally are self trained theres no resources for guest the lack of hours in restaurants and lack of communication skill
fun and exciting
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNOctober 5, 2017
I always liked getting up and going to work here. I liked i was able to work at my own pace but in the end it didnt benefit me because i was very quick at cleaning the rooms and did it efficiently. I liked the
work environment. I felt the company itself did its employees well. but the management at the time was in my opinion slacking in areas.
Pros
working at my pace
Cons
nothing
Very cool managers,, really great employees,,, its a very beautiful hotel to work at and to get a room
Houseman (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 4, 2017
It was never a day i didnt like working here...the managers were cool, the housekeeping team was outstanding and the benefits were amazing.... The marriott is 1 of my favorite places to work
Productive and Energetic Work environment with great staff
Front Desk Manager (Former Employee) –  Olympia, WAOctober 4, 2017
The best part about a typical day in the Marriott business, was the interaction with people from all walks of life. I really enjoyed being able to network and meet different personalities alike. I've always been a people person who thrives off of customer or client interaction.
Pros
Great Discounts on Hotels around the World
Cons
breaks were too short
Reservations Call Center
Reservations Agent (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAOctober 2, 2017
Received telephone calls from customers wanting to make reservations at various locations when traveling for business and/or pleasure. Had to be familiar with popular tourist attractions in order to make reservations.
top company
Engineer (Former Employee) –  MarylandOctober 2, 2017
meet with the cheif engineer on daily jobs i learned the way of how working in a hotel is more like working residental property. management team was great. culture was good . hardest part was all maintenance was done inhouse. working with so many cultures
Pros
good opertunity
Cons
low salary
Fun environment good place to learn
Shuttle Van Driver (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLSeptember 29, 2017
The most enjoyable part of the job was that I got to meet new people from all around the world.I love to work for Marriott. Love my co workers plus I learned and enjoy be around people
Pros
Hotel discount
Cons
No breaks
Marriott
Reservation Agent (Current Employee) –  Solon, OHSeptember 29, 2017
management is very unprofessional and immature.Irresponsible, cut throat pompous and classless. Not at a good role model for customer service. Take no accountability but blame subordinates. God complex
Pros
great customers
Cons
bad management
Another great company to work for
front office supervisor/MOD (Former Employee) –  Emeryville, CASeptember 28, 2017
Another great company to work for. I left during the recession, layoffs began. In 2008 was a rough time for the economy and hotels as a whole took a big hit.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Had to work weekends
Marriott Hotel
Kitchen Aide (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VASeptember 27, 2017
The Marriott Hotel was a great place to work. I was able to learn new work skills as well as improve my current work skills. It was a great place to learn how to be a team player.
The Marriott Family
Chief Engineer (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNSeptember 26, 2017
This company definitely grows and treats their employees as family. I gone through deaths and births with the Nashville market of Marriott. All were treated with respect and love.
The company has room to grow, but there is saying with us. "If you want to advance, you have to move."
Pros
PTO starts after 90 days. Room benefits.
Cons
Healthcare
good working environment
Server (Former Employee) –  Long Island, NYSeptember 25, 2017
Nice people and a good working environment. you get a chance to learn a lot of new skills. a typical work day consists of small jobs working with other employees which would lead setting up tables, silver wear, ballroom decorations plates also assigning guests to their seats. After all the guests have arrived we answer all questions they have about the food or anything else about the hotel.
It's a good place to work.
Guest Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLSeptember 24, 2017
It's a good place to work but pays too little. Talking to guest and trying to resolve issues or taking care of their need is fulfilling. They work with my hours as much is possible.
Fun place to work
Events Manager (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYSeptember 24, 2017
Marriott is a great company to work for with amazing employee benefits including discounts. Their computer programing could be more up to date like some others in the industry.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Pay
No Review
Front Office Manager - Springhill Suites (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOSeptember 22, 2017
I am choosing to not review at this time, great company, great benefits, would work for Marriott again. The time spent with the company was great. I would recommend the Marriott.
Fine
Cashier/Barista (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 21, 2017
This was the best job I've ever had. I even met my boyfriend here. I love the environment and atmosphere and I loved the benefits. I wish I could work for Marriott again.
Very diverse and fair to all employees
Bell Person (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 20, 2017
Marriott is a wonderful professional diverse company to work for. Chance for advancement was limitless. Cross trading programs were amazing, and interacting with the guests is their main priority. We constantly had class to attend. I got to meet some wonderful people from all over the world. If I had an optunity I would love to become an employee with the company. A truly wonderful experience . Lastly, My goal is to become an employee in the hospitality industry.
Pros
Chance for advancement
very fun job
Bistro Attendant (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CASeptember 20, 2017
awesome job with awesome managers fun and out going co workers and would love to work there again one of the best parts was meeting people from all over the world
Poor Management
Loss Prevention Officer (Former Employee) –  Hapeville, GASeptember 18, 2017
There was no communication when I was worked here. Management seemed to take sides a lot. Mostly toward employees who had been there for years. The use you and once something happens and they can use you anymore the let you go.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Marriott International, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.