Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews

Found 4,084 reviews matching the search
an good environment to work
Front desk, Housekeeping, Night AUdit (Former Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALJuly 29, 2016
I loved working for the courtyard Marriott. I've worked for the company for 7years. And would of stayed 7 more years if I didn't have to move out of state. Love seeing guests coming from all over to visit Tuscaloosa Alabama. And come to stay at the Marriott. I started out doing housekeeping them moved to front desk. Courtyard Marriott have so many positions you can move up to.
Great place to work and great benefits.
Front Desk Representative (Current Employee) –  North Charleston, SCJuly 22, 2016
Marriott is an amazing company to work for and they love moving people further along in the company. I am unable to move up because of family working at the company as well. Myself and my family members are unable to further our career at this establishment, due to set rules from corporate.
Pros
Healthcare, Discounts, great learning opportunities
Cons
Short lunch, no breaks, can't move further in company
universal company with several job oportunities
QA Analyst (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLDecember 26, 2016
At the call center, the agents spend their days taking calls in regards reservations.They are given trainings and updates on the different hotels.The hardest part of the job is to be ready for all types of customers
nice Hotel
Supervisor/Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MNJuly 18, 2016
A typical day at work is good, refreshing, pleasant people. Since being employed at this Courtyard I've learned a lot more of being more responsible. the management staff is pleasant and kind. the co-workers are easy to get along with but you have your good/bad days overall good.the hair in bathrooms so disgusting.being able to sometimes appreciate your co-workers.
Pros
good, friendly staff from front desk to banquet staff
Cons
no meals for employees, pay per room, no reasonable health insurance
Tightly knit support team, provides incentives, get to be creative
Night Auditor/Guest Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Hattiesburg, MSJuly 17, 2016
My typical day at work is fast paced and very interactive. I converse with numerous people on a daily basis and allows me to deal with many different problems in creative ways. Management is all around great and supports their team. They also offer many small incentives that make work fun. My coworkers are all very professional and create a strongly weaved support team. I would say the hardest, but sometimes also the most enjoyable and rewarding part of the job is dealing with the many (and sometimes strange) issues that are bound to arise when working in a hotel, and being able to help guests have the most enjoyable stay imaginable.
Excellent Company with Unique Culture and Motivated, (Mostly) Happy Employees
Audio Visual Technician (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TX 78261July 18, 2016
I worked for Marriott at one of their resort-line hotels, the JW Marriott. For the first several years, I loved my job. The team I worked with was passionate and motivated to make things as perfect as possible for our guests, and we all enjoyed doing so. This attitude seemed to be within all departments within the massive JW resort, which is an astounding accomplishment.

The only unfortunate circumstance I encountered came later into my time spent at the JW. As time progressed and the years passed, the department leadership seemed to become jaded and shifted their focus from servicing the customer to pure sales numbers. It was then that I began looking for a new job.
My first career
Lake Tahoe ­Sales Manager Frontline/In House (Former Employee) –  South Lake Tahoe, CAJuly 16, 2016
Marriott is such a great company to work for. From customer service to taking care of their employees, they really have it all figured out. It was a great place for me to learn in my early stages of my career life, the importance of quality and service. I started there and within a year and a half was promoted to sales manager at only 27 years old! When the economy took its turn for the worst, we all lost our jobs, and that's when I went to Resorts West Vacation Club.
Great place to work, Awsome perks for all employees
Chief Engineer (Current Employee) –  Newark, CAJuly 14, 2016
Day to day operation of maintenance as chief engineer.
Management is very attentive and marriott HR are always just a phone call away for any issues or questions. This company truly cares and wants it employees to thrive and succeed.
The discounts given for marriott employees who stay at other hotels while traveling can sometimes be amazing.
Usually for most places the hardest part of the job can be loosing a great employee or management turn-over
Pros
great benefits and perks
Cons
hotel staff is always changing
Typical day at the Marriott
Front Desk Associate/Night Audit (Former Employee) –  Morgan Hill, CAJuly 13, 2016
Clock in and read the notes passed down from the previous shift, count the drawer and witness the previous shift's drop, print all documents needed for the day, such as arrivals and the next day's departures. Greet/Check-in guests. This job has taught me patience, communication, and problem solving. I would say the hardest part of the job was running the hotel all by myself while attending to the guests needs, checking in the late arrivals, and dealing with reoccurring emergencies. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with my co-workers due to their great attitude and story telling.
Pros
Great Co-workers
Cons
Not a good place to work
Guest Services (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLJuly 20, 2016
Terrible, rude management; kitchen employees rarely ever wear gloves and dont understand food safety which is disgusting; employees would touch raw chicken then ready to eat food with bare hands, not washing in between; ROACHES in the kitchen and management did NOTHING about it; not much room to advance, pay raises few and far between; bad job security, always felt like I was being watched closely for any mistake I made and like I was going to be let go at any time because of it; nobody ever listens to what you say or what you need. Don't do it, it will only stress you out beyond belief and put you in an extremely negative (and also roach infested) environment.
Pros
Some good coworkers
Cons
Roaches, people who dont understand food safety, rude management, low pay, hostile environment
Fast paced, stressful workplace
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CANovember 16, 2016
Working here is great for a person with no responsibilities or family. Promised advancement is what kept me on and never saw it. Very stressful and often, you would be left as a team of 1 while other coworkers talked and visited.
Productivity , effort and social
Laundry Worker (Former Employee) –  Maryland baltimoreJuly 31, 2016
A normal day at work first assess the work that needs to be done to know how long I have to take to perform my job quickly and seamlessly . I learn a lot and develop new skills, I like challenges . The most that I like to finish my work is dedicated effort and keep in mind that all luy did well to have my satisfied customers and bosses.
Cons
Short breaks, snacks
what a nightmare job
Kitchen Staff (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, NJNovember 27, 2016
I got a job working for the Marriott residence inn I have never seen such a extremely unprofessional Gm management as this one omg what a nightmare I cooked breakfast in the morning and the GM was very petty
Pros
room discount
Cons
back biting
Great Company to work for
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Hollywood Park, TXNovember 4, 2016
Company cared about it's employees. Offered great benefits. Company would be flexible on hours and would always be open for training and be hiring for job advancement.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
never should have left company
Fun place to work, with multi culture and great support
Director of Food and Beverage (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAJuly 10, 2016
A typical day at work for me was to meet and exceed internal and external guests exception by providing support to my team . In addition , creating an environment where individual could give 100% participation to achieve the department goal,which I find out with motivation and recognition team will reach their objective goal ,
Pros
Recognitizing staff by samply mentioning their name at staff meeting
Cons
The benefit that the company is offering
Management is key
Housekeeper/ Bistro Attendant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 10, 2016
I must say working here was not what I thought it would be. I wanted to quit at first because the housekeeping department was being overworked. However, working a whole summer with no a/c and elevators breaking every other day I still stuck it out. This is the hardest working department and the most underpaid. Bistro department was ok. This department could have been excellent if management did not lack proper training and communication skills. The manager and supervisor are too close that it effects the employees and the business. If they don't like you, you are retaliated against.
Pros
customers tip well, benefits
Cons
care more about the guest than employees
rewarding experinces
Customer Service Agent (Current Employee) –  Dania Beach, FLJuly 8, 2016
customer service can be a fun filled and rewarding job but at times it can be difficult dealing with people from all walks of life if you let it ;the one thing you must take remember daily is that you are there to serve and satisfy to the best of your ability. you get to work with fellow team mates who in time become your family; also the support from managers when needed so you are never alone.
You learn something or about someone new daily, meeting and helping people is a gift;one must appreciate this gift, it teaches you to grow in life.. Key to knowing how you can help others is by listening and never judging but by putting yourself in others shoes.
Front Desk, Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Newport Coast, CAJuly 8, 2016
This was a great place to work. Management staff was unbelievable. learned a lot about customer service and working with a team. hardest part of the job was the hours. I usually work late nights which made it hard for me to have time for social life and family which ultimately lead to my decision to look for something else. most enjoyable part of the job were the people i worked with and the enjoyment of making our guests feel like they were at a home away from home. I love making people happy, and i got an opportunity to do that at Marriott on a daily basis.
I enojoyed working here.
Housekeeper/Inspector (Former Employee) –  Logan, UTJuly 8, 2016
Working housekeeping was tougher than I had ever imagined. But turns out I was extra good at it. I enjoyed it here. I liked the people, co-workers, environment.. etc. I liked that you can move up. not stuck at one place the whole time you're there. Managment here is awesome. The only bad thing about it is the pay isnt by hour, its by each room you clean. so you never know what your paycheck is going to be like and i needed something more standard.
Productive work place...
Banquet Server, Concierge, Bartender (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAAugust 4, 2016
Great work environment, always something new. Working here has its ups and downs, sometimes its busy, or slow, but for the most part its a great place to work. Customer service is something that your must have something that can't be taught. I love what I do, so have no complaints.
Pros
Great events when their are events

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Marriott International, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Marriott International, Inc. Reviews by Location