Marriott International, Inc.
2,689 reviews

Marriott International, Inc. Employer Reviews

Restaurant Host
Restaurant Host (Former Employee), Kansas City, MONovember 28, 2014
Pros: cafeteria
Cons: short breaks, hours, attendance policy and human resources
This is the worst hotel I've ever worked. Horrible hours, the managers don't have any experience, the owners are rude and disrespectful. This company doesn't treat everyone equally and that's their biggest downfall. Im in the process of filling for discrimination
Great pay, Benefits, and work environment
Guest Service Manager (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVNovember 27, 2014
Pros: pay, benefits, and culture.
Cons: long working days.
I worked for the Ritz-Carlton San Francisco and it was great place to work for. The benefits and pay is the highest I have ever made in my life.
Great Company
Front Desk Clerk (Current Employee), Miami, FLNovember 26, 2014
Great company to work for. Their motto is take care of our asscoiates and our associates will take care of our guest; this company really stands by that.
Float
Dishwasher (Former Employee), Tupelo ,MSNovember 25, 2014
dishwasher loved my manager
like all my co workers
being a float and helping with all the co workers out
working in a hotel.
Good way to gain experience
Front Desk Supervisor/Restaurant Supervisor (Former Employee), Minnetonka, MNNovember 24, 2014
Pros: advancement opportuny
Cons: low pay, long hours
Marriott is a good place to get some supervisor experience.
Good Company
Payroll Administrator (Former Employee), Columbia, SCNovember 24, 2014
Nice location to work and company has great benefits. Very big company with locations nationwide and worldwide.
family oriented workplace.
Server/Bartender (Current Employee), Spartanburg, SCNovember 23, 2014
I love working for WHI company. The benefits are great and the pay is even better. It can be stressful but only the right person can work in this place. You have to be able to work as a team and understand that this place is very professional. The guests that I have encountered are amazing. The ones that continue to return remember who you are and what – more... you talked about. It felt great to have a relationship with guests like that. – less
Answered Tell us About points in order
Director of Housekeeping (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PANovember 23, 2014
Pros: awesome team, good perks
Cons: poor communcation and poor hiring pay for entry level positions
1.Dealing with call offs and adjusting your day
2. Patience and empathy
3. Management is fair
4. Great Housekeeping team
5. Poor department communication
6. My staff
Marriott Courtyard
Guest Service Agent (Current Employee), DanburyNovember 23, 2014
-Great management and co workers
-Great training
-Flexible with scheduling
Was okay to work for them, just somethings could of changed.
Housekeeping (Former Employee), Columbia, MONovember 23, 2014
Pros: working by myself
Cons: to many people telling different stories about one another then worrying about their work.
Everyday was something different, I think the management could of been more understanding then thinking of more of themselves. my co-workers some could of done better, but them had the ones that actually worked. The most enjoyable part of the job was i was able to work on my own with out anyone in my way.
A good place to work
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INNovember 22, 2014
Marriott is a fast paced but rewarding company to work for. There is never a dull moment and there are no two days are ever quite the same.
Fine place to be working
Customer Care and Sales Specialist (Former Employee), Miami, FLNovember 21, 2014
Nice location, excellent discounts for associates using the brands that were part of this organization. Associates are also entitled to obtain a 50% over the associate rate during certain time of the year. Nice cultural environment.
Very fun and a great learning experience.
Chefs Assistant (Former Employee), Newport News VANovember 21, 2014
Pros: free lunch, worked mornings
Learned a lot about the restaurant busy working for this company. Love the job, great benefits,nice hours and good pay.
Newly renovaed property with easy access to convenient locations
Guest Service Representative (Former Employee), Fayetteville, NCNovember 21, 2014
I never had a specific role at this property. I took it upon myself to cross train in different departments. I started out in housekeeping and progressed to Guest Service Representative. I learned that hard work pays off. Management allowed me the opportunity to grow and learn. They were also very involved with their associates and the community. The – more... hardest part of the job was there was not room for promotions within. I did love that we were paid weekly and the benefits were great. We did a lot of charity work and volunteering. – less
Alright place to work
Chief Engineer (Former Employee), Savannah, GANovember 21, 2014
Was a great place to work before it was sold. I was told i couldnt have overtime at all that the company was allergic to it. . . . . . . . . .
Marriott is a very good company that I would refer to anyone.
CATERING SALES MANAGER/EVENT MANAGER (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INNovember 20, 2014
The most enjoyable part about this job is communicating with different departments. In the hotel industry you go from dealing with the culinary aspect to the event management side very quickly. You have to great communication between departments to be successful.
Very beutiful property and a very knowledgeable staff and management.
Loss Prevention Supervisor (Former Employee), Kingsport, TNNovember 20, 2014
Pros: occasional free food for associates.
Cons: shift work, unpredictable scheduling from week to week.
A very inviting and enjoyable job. The management team works hard to meet the interests of both its employees and its guests/customers. The property atmosphere is very clean and kept up.
Room Attendant (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PANovember 20, 2014
Great place to work, Great place to work, Great place to work
Productive and fun loving job. I was sometime call the Black Diamond in the house.
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNNovember 19, 2014
Pros: gift card at yearly review.
Cons: my willingness to alway assisted
I was considered as one of the high working employee. I was one time mention as employee of the month. I was usually recommended by my supervisor for a raise in wage. most of all, I was the first person to be call on in case of help. I was always called the Black Diamond because of my friendly behavior.
amazing
Front Desk Clerk (Current Employee), Pearl, MSNovember 19, 2014
Pros: free lunch and snacks
great people and christian help at all times anytime something was needed they found a way to obtain it for you the employee or customer.

About Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc., is a leading lodging and hospitality company that develops, operates, and franchises hotels, corporate – Read more

Marriott International, Inc. Photos