Marriott International, Inc.
2,901 reviews

Marriott International, Inc. Employer Reviews

Fast paced environment with exposure to many different company brands
SALES MANAGER (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAFebruary 4, 2015
Pros: great benefits and leadership
Cons: limited growth opportunities
This position gives you the ability to really learn every aspect of a city. You will learn to speak intelligently about each section of the city and how the hotel in that area will best fit a programs' needs.

The best part is if a preferred hotel is not available, there is the opportunity to continue working with the client and explore all the possibilties in the city.
loved this job
Cook/Prep (Former Employee), Morrisville, NCFebruary 4, 2015
Pros: free lunch
Cons: lazy coworkers
this job was wonderful. I loved the cooking and here you also got to bartend. it was wonderful because the ineraction between you and the customers. not only did you just cook you served and bartended.
Marriott
rooms controller (Current Employee), newark njFebruary 4, 2015
a great please to work as long as you like people. the more work you have the better. you get to interact with other departments and make great connections and friends.
Well balance place to work.
Operation Manager (Current Employee), Duluth, GAFebruary 3, 2015
I love working at Marriott It has help me to grow in my career. I look forward to continuing on with them for many years to come.
Full Service Hotel, meeting wonderful new people daily
Sales Assistant for DOM and DOS (Former Employee), Addison, TXFebruary 3, 2015
Pros: employee cafeteria
Cons: promotions, usually meant moving up and at another hotel.
I assisted the Director of Sales and Director of Marketing with all their administrative needs enabling them to "sell" successfully.
housekeeping
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Meridian, IDFebruary 3, 2015
Pros: great co-workers
Cons: not enough hours
I was able to work alone and as a team. I had great co-workers that were encouraging. The managers helped us out a lot. There were a lot of opportunities to move up in the company.
Productive fun work enviroment!
Concierge/Front Desk Services (Former Employee), Miami, FLFebruary 3, 2015
Pros: great customer service training
Cons: na
: Excellent Training
:Great Management Team
: Events/Functions for employees to participate
: Excellent Team players
: Room to grow within the company
A franchise Marriott that truly care for their associates!!
Assistant Front Office Manager/Task Force (Current Employee), Albuquerque, NMFebruary 2, 2015
Pros: open door policy and a very communicative management staff
Cons: 40 minute drive to work
I was only able to work with the Albuquerque Marriott for 1 year due to my relocation back to Nashville, TN. It was hard to leave this hotel as it truly became my home away from home as they were like my family. During this short time period, it was a pleasure to work for such an encouraging General Manager and Regional Director who provided me with the necessary tools to maintain an exceptional front desk and bell staff. I was also asked to become part of Marriott Task Force where I was asked to spend the month of June 2014 in Anchorage, AK training another manager on all Marriott operations. She still looks up to me as her mentor and has won a few Service Excellence Awards along the way! I believe in the Marriott culture wholeheartedly and would definitely become an asset to your hotel family!
A job were you have to be on top of everything
Housekeeping services (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNFebruary 1, 2015
Pros: good health care and dental care
Cons: rude supervisours
The moment you punch in it means run, work fast good and efficiently. The hardest part of my job is not having the security that I will work my full-time since its a hotel there are times when work is low and I only get 20hrs a week at times or less because work is so low. The most enjoyable part of my job is working as a team with the other house keepers that keeps a positive and efficient work place.
Ok place to work for
Loss Prevention Officer (Current Employee), Orlando, FLFebruary 1, 2015
Pros: co workers are great
Cons: managment is horrible
I did security, it was a fun job to do. I work third shift I would lock down the place at night and open it up in the morning. Had to deal with a few drunk once in a blue.
Work
Runner (Former Employee), Evansville, INJanuary 31, 2015
Pretty much doing whatever they wanted me to do. If they needed beds done I did that or taking trash out or just whatever needed to be done.
Great
Guest Care Supervisor (Former Employee), Durham, NCJanuary 31, 2015
Great company to work for. Decent benefits bur the pay is low. You have an opportunity to learn about the industry. If you work hard you can move up quickly.
fair
Supervisor of Housekeeping (Former Employee), Jackson, MSJanuary 30, 2015
none stop hardwork
how to clean and inspect a typical hotel room
the managment could be better they expect you to live and breathe your job your family is notimportant the only thing that matters is them
great team members very friendly
dealing with the department head
time to go home
Marriott, Best hotel chain to work for!
F & B Associate (Former Employee), Atlanta GAJanuary 30, 2015
Wonderful company to work for with lots of opportunity for growth. Only busy when groups are in house. Marriott puts their employees first so that in turn, the employee delivers exceptional service to the guests.
fun to work most of the time but you learn a lot about different cultures
Bistro Cheif (Current Employee), High Point, NCJanuary 30, 2015
Pros: free lunch and can cook whatever you feel and see people from all over the world
Cons: no heal benefits and managements is kinda bad
Working at the marriott has its times were its very stressful but you have to be strong physically and mentally to deal with the rush that goes on day to day.But besides that everyone at Marriott is friendly and get along pretty well.
Laundry Attendant (Former Employee), Orange Beach, ALJanuary 29, 2015
Pros: fun and fast paced, family atmosphere.
Cons: mostly seasonal work.
I worked at the Fairfield Inn & Suites in Orange Beach AL. My job was to do the hotel laundry (cleaning all the sheets, towels, blankets for the guests). It doesn't sound very glamorous, but, this was by far my favorite job. Marriott is such a good company, every morning they have what we called "huddle" and it is just a was that they start the day, they would recognize birthdays, have a pep talk, discuss the daily agenda, etc. Everybody seemed to hate it most days, but honestly I think it was a key part of making each day work and I think more companies should have some program like this.
Everybody worked well together, during spring/summer business would pick up like crazy and housekeeping/laundry would become a never ending workout. We would have about 30 more people hired, and that sounds crazy but every year it was like a whole new family. During the winter, hours were cut severely, but it was still worth it, just to work in an environment like that.

Overall I really enjoyed working here. I was young and made the stupid mistake of quitting (I had two jobs at the time and my supervisor at the Inn was pressuring me to quit my second, so I quit from there instead.) If I could go back I would.
I liked the residents
Housekeeper- Clean Rooms (Former Employee), Penn StateJanuary 29, 2015
Not many team players here which I think is key to a job. I relocated back to AZ but enjoyed my job.
LOVED WORKING THERE!!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Miami, FLJanuary 28, 2015
Great place to start a career, training is the best and growth opportunities are good up until a certain point.
I really enjoyed majority of my time with the company
Lead Security Officer (Former Employee), Bethesda, MDJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: the perks, hotel discounts and sometimes the free meals
Cons: lack of fairness
Very Productive, fun and at times challenging, I was able to learn some of the things that Marriott did for the quest staying in there hotels , as for management there could be some improvement (communications), my coworkers were family. The hardest part of the job was the inconsistency of requirements or policy and the most enjoyable part was giving back to the community.
my co workers are awesome but management isnt professional.
Front Desk Receptionist (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: friendy enviroment
Cons: pay, poor managemnet
I used to love going to work and had so much energy. I've learned how to interact with guest and make sure they left with a smile. As in management we just got a new GM and everything has gone down hill. slowly but surely he is replacing the hotel with his ex employees at his other Hotel. there's nothing hard about the job just the manager makes it hard. The best part of work is my Co Workers. I just havent left yet because its what pays the bills but the hours are no good cant make 40 hrs a week .

About Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc., is a leading lodging and hospitality company that develops, operates, and franchises hotels, corporate – Read more

Marriott International, Inc. Photos