Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews

Found 4,296 reviews matching the search
Banquet Server (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 23, 2017
Great place to work. Great people. Great management. Working 20 years for this amazing has been awesome. Now im trying to venture out to work elsewhere. Marriott really helps its employees grow in their own careers
Relaxing and fun place to work
Food Runner (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAJune 22, 2017
The work day was fun and relaxing. Typically we were busy from 5-9 and occasionally after 10. Our team was more like a family than co-workers. Our management was accomplished and knew what they were doing. It was definitely an enjoyable place to work.
Nice Place to Work
Front Desk Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 21, 2017
I had to wear every hat in the hotel as I was the only one there, from the front desk to the concerierge to the laundry to the maintenance. But I was given opportunities to advance and I did; I became a supervisor. I enjoyed my work there
Pros
Relaxed atmosphere
Cons
Could pay a little better
Good company!
Front Desk Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJune 20, 2017
I liked working with the Corporate Company! + There were a lot of opportunities to grow, and for promotion's, employees were always given a voice!

Thank you!

David Meeks
Pros
Great atmosphere!
At Your Service Agent Lead (Former Employee) –  Provo, UTJune 20, 2017
Great job if you are in school. Co-workers are great. Wonderful atmosphere. You get discount on hotel.
Hardest part of the job is that you only get 3 to 4 day notice of what your schedule will be like. Can't really plan any activities since you don't know your schedule will be. Training is super boring a long.
Pros
Great co-workers, get to meet lots of people
Cons
Work schedules are not the best, pay is low
Productive and organized
Housekeeper Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJune 19, 2017
Worked in housekeeping as a keeper and lead staff. Great Managment, daily meetings, weekly pay, hotel discounts. I would work for the Marriott again.
Pros
Daily meetings with Managment
Cons
Business is slower during the winter
Only came to help
Food and Beverage Manager (Former Employee) –  Charleston, WVJune 17, 2017
I was only their for a few weeks to assist management when they were in a time of need so I can't make any big judgements. Staff seemed happy though..
Sano
houseperson (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 15, 2017
Una compañía de mucho prestigio y calidad y buena referencia
Pros
Seguro médico
Cons
Si hay descanso
Marriott
Housekeeping Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJune 15, 2017
Marriott it"s great place to work.Marriott it:s very familiar.Marriott it:s fantastic place to work.Very profesonal managemt. Marriott provide very good benefits
Overwhelming and stressful
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 15, 2017
Typical day at Marriott included stand ups with each department and overview all operations at the hotel.

I learned a great deal of how to manage people and overall program management.

My management was great and taught me the skills that I needed to succeed. Management depended on me for everything from hiring, payroll, passing QA, and folding laundry.

I tired to keep an open, fun, and relaxed culture at the Hotel. While there I had one of the highest employee feedback score.

The hardest part of the job was the hours itself. Working any where from 12 to 18 hours a day.

Most enjoyable part of my job was my employees as they gave me the will to do my job effectively.
Fun Place to Work Good Culture
Ritz-Carlton Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJune 15, 2017
Its a really good place to work I enjoyed my time there. They offer work from home options and always have fun events for employees they offer a lot of over time especially in the summer.
Pros
Over-Time, Fun Place to Be
Fun Place
Housekeeping Attendant (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLJune 14, 2017
Great place to work enjoy everything about it and i learn a lot, i would recommend this spot to anyone. Very team ordinate, the managers are super flexible
Great comoany
Food Runner (Former Employee) –  Miami Beach, FLJune 14, 2017
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaa+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++*+********* great comoany to work for, nothing bad, free meals, and benefits and good pay ...
Work from home
Home Agent (Former Employee) –  Solon, OHJune 13, 2017
It's a good job u can control your hours you work from home witch is the best thing ever no paying for parking or having to be stuck in traffic everyday overall a good place to work.
Excellent, never leave the company
Banquet Server (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 12, 2017
Working for marriott, has opened a qorld opportunities for me, training and teaching .the most important that we are family in this company. Allways have opportunity to grow in the company!
Pros
Great salary
Cons
Good benefits
Decent Job
Guest Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJune 10, 2017
Not the perfect job but I enjoy those that I work with. My managers are nice and the environment is nice. Not too shabby but I want something better for my life.
Fun
Customer Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJune 8, 2017
I enjoyed the job
Friend sly people from all over
You get to talk to people from all over the world .........................................,..,,,,,,
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
No break
Overall it was a pleasure
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Stuart, FLJune 8, 2017
I loved working for the Marriott. It was an exceptional company to work for. They had outstanding benefits, great team leadership and overall excellent management. My job duties included liquor inventory and stock. Scheduling shifts. Counting out my drawer as well as everyone else's. And making sure that my restaurant was spotless before I left. I also helped in the training of new employees as well as bar tended when needed and helped out & Catering when asked. I also volunteered my time for the annual Golf Classic. As well as volunteering for Children with Down Syndrome events and WW2 vet lunch ins.
Pros
Great people place excellent work environment
Cons
Fluctuation of income. And dealing with the occasional intoxicated guest.
Productive work place
Bistro Server / Guest Services Rep (Current Employee) –  Williamsburg, VAJune 8, 2017
Marriott is a great place to work for if your in High School or College. At some properties there are no room for advancement people just don't leave.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
No room for advancement
Greates Company Ever
Front Office Supervisor (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJune 7, 2017
I love this company, only down side would be choosing the correct career path with the company. Since they are very well known for promoting within it can become very overwhelming when figuring out your exact fit. Over all I would work for the company again, the ability to travel and working in other countries is a plus as well.
Pros
Cons
So many different choices for career advancement

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Marriott International, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Marriott International, Inc. Reviews by Location