Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews

Hotel Night Auditor (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCJanuary 5, 2018
Great place to work, exercising great customer service. I would recommend this place of employment to anyone with great customer service skills. Great work life balance.
Disapointed
Front Desk Representative (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAJanuary 4, 2018
The Marriott has a reputation for being a great place to work but my experience with them has not been so good. I am hoping that something changes. I have been working at the Marriott for two years and have been passed over for promotion 7 times. Their Motto is put people first, but I do not think that they consider employees people because they keep implementing policy that disregard the needs of its employees.
Pros
flexible scheduling
Cons
career stagnation
ok job
Waitress/Cocktail server (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 4, 2018
Marriott is a ok company to work for. They work you alot. Management has a high turnover because of the daily workload. Most of my coworkers were easy to work with.
Human Resources Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Saint Regis, NYJanuary 4, 2018
Great place to work with excellent benefits. I learned a tremendous amount and gained a lot of experience in my role as a Human Resources Coordinator.
Pros
Great atmosphere, excellent benefits
Great discounts but not worth the stress
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJanuary 4, 2018
Management was very unprofessional and coworkers were 90% negative. You basically had little training to none and had to learn everything on your own. Coworkers did nothing but talk about each other all day, there was so much drama. Management was childish, did not care about your other priorities, and petty. Although it was a learning experience and Marriott has great customer service, I personally would not work at Springhill Suites again. The only thing good was the employee discounts but that alone was not enough to stay.
Pros
Employee Discounts
Cons
Horrible Management
Fast Paced
Banquet Server (Current Employee) –  Amelia Island, FLJanuary 3, 2018
Face Paced and busy work environment. Great Benefits and great pay. Alot of hours and crazy shifts. Management could improve by listening to their employees requests and taking action on lazy workers.
Pros
Great Discounts
Great Travel Benefits
Accounts Receivable Clerk (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, NYJanuary 3, 2018
Best incentive for working for Marriott International, Inc. is the travel discounts, especially with them merging with Starwood. Pay could definitely be better, especially when they combine positions into one with no significant pay increase.
Lame
TV in background
Doing homework on shift
Free wifi
Provide Uniform
Pros
Discounted rooms and food. 10%
Cons
No breaks. 8 hours consecutive.
Theres always place to improve
Players Club Representative (Former Employee) –  San Juan, PRJanuary 3, 2018
They have great benefits.But they can improve in schedules and the way they treat some employees I believe its not in every area of the Hotel.Your Work/Life balance its always not good. I love to have contact with the public and I embraced our daily customers we became family. The company gave us a great uniform very classy.
Westin
Concierge (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJanuary 3, 2018
Westin hotel was no the best hotel to work for the management was selfish and did not care too much about there employees or there services much they wanted you to get the jobdone and nothing else.
Fun workplace, meet lots of people
Front Desk Associate (Former Employee) –  Wenatchee, WAJanuary 2, 2018
Working at the Springhill Suites was a great experience, meeting people from all over the world, and getting to know more and more people as time went on.
Pros
Employee recoginition
Cons
No Cons.
Ok place to work on South Beach
Server (Former Employee) –  Miami Beach, FLJanuary 2, 2018
During my tenure, management in my department were not that great however, I enjoyed what I did for my customers, I really am a customer related individual and this is a great place to advance your skills and make magic.
Pros
Great training, great location
Cons
low salary, lack of advancement for good employees
Hospitality Expert (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 2, 2018
Opportunities for advancement, great benefits. Associates are valued and treated fairly. Discounts on rooms and other incentives are offered to all associates.
Great Place to work
Elite Concierge and Corporate Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSJanuary 2, 2018
I really enjoyed my work. My supervisor and teammates were amazing. It was always interesting and fun. Pace would vary but every day was different but in a good way.
Pros
Discounts, flexible scheduling
Cons
Sitting long periods
St. Regis Hotel
VOLUNTEER AND COMMUNITY ACTIVITIES (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 2, 2018
I worked in room service and stewarding for about six years and learned a lot about customer service and how to provide best service to the guests at the hotel.
A very fun and happy work environment.
Certified Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  9th Street NW, Washington, DCJanuary 2, 2018
Great staff, fun atmosphere, as well as place to work. Pleasant customers and staff. Very relaxed work environment that was never stressful. There was always something new to challenge you.
Pros
Free breakfast, lunch or dinner, depending on the time you worked.
Cons
No cons.
Most rewarding position in my career
Business Travel / Corporate Catering Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJanuary 2, 2018
After deciding to make a career move after college, The Ritz-Carlton, Cleveland gave me an opportunity to start as an Assistant in the Catering and Sales Department and they provided me with the tools, training and opportunity to begin and quickly advance in the Hospitality Industry. They opened doors for me and groomed me to be the professional that I am today and I will always be grateful.
I love working where i work. but i woul like a job in the caregiver area
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Loveland, COJanuary 2, 2018
My job is a fun place to work at. Everyone is friendly and gets along with everyone. It is a very fast paced job especially for us housekeepers which I enjoy the fast pace environment.
Face paced and Growth
Front Desk Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TX 75220January 2, 2018
Marriott is a large recognizable name. Guest expect a lot when the arrive and Marriot delivers. You must always be up to date with local attractions and events. Hardest part of this job is keeping up with local events as they are constantly changing on a daily basis.
Pros
Friendly work enviorment
Cons
Short breaks, high demand
no chance for advancement
Cook (Former Employee) –  Concord, NCJanuary 2, 2018
very faced pace and enjoyable work environment. ability to cater to customers need on a personal and professional level. customer service and fulfilling residents as well as guest needs was very important.
Pros
free complimentary breakfast
Cons
not enough menu choices

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Marriott International, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.