Marriott International, Inc.

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews

Found 4,027 reviews matching the search
Sorry Management
Associate (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMay 2, 2016
The company as a whole is a great company to work for. If you end up at a property where the management is strictly for themselves and not for the company, you could end up with a job you hate going to. My years of experience on the job has given me skills to use on other jobs. I never turned down any opportunities to grow in the company, but was always looked over for moving into different positions in the company.
Pros
free breakfast
Cons
Management is very unprofessional
Saint Louis Marriott West is a terrible company to work for.
Front Office Employee (Former Employee) –  Marriott West, Town and Country MissouriApril 30, 2016
This is one of the worst companies I've worked for, and I've worked a few jobs. They don't pay much and work you half to death. When you ask for Management to help, they don't. They are useless. They go through so many employees and management. They're now started to lose their longtime faithful dedicated employees, that should tell you something. Director of Human Resources is terrible, she has NO clue as to what she's doing. Stay as far a way from this one as you possibly can, you have been warned!
Pros
Absolutely none!!!!
Cons
Everything, and then some.
Good family company
Senior Legal Secretary Franchise Law Department (Former Employee) –  Bethesda, MDApril 30, 2016
Supported Assistant General Counsel and Director of Franchise Administration and two paralegals with preparation of franchise agreements and documents associated with the sale and management of Marriott hotel properties; word processing; scheduling appointments, arranging business travel, meeting planning; correspondence and logistical support.
Pros
Good working conditions and benefits
Cons
the employees makes your work enviroment feel like your with family
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJuly 31, 2016
you come across all types of people and you learn something new from each and every guess that stays at your hotel. the hardest part of the job is when things aren't in order and you get to work to start your shift and you have no work supplies.
Life with Marriott
Hostess/Server (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 3, 2016
The Ritz Carlton St Thomas is actually where loving hospitality came into play for me!! Started off as a server assistant and worked my way up!! I then decided to make a change in life which is how I ended up at the Marriott World Center in Orlando.. Working at the World Center was got a bit boring for me due to the fact that I started as a hostess (not the job for me) At both Marriotts the coworkers were all like family.
work hard for horrible pay.
Housekeeping Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Mukilteo, WAJuly 12, 2016
this place is a franchise. the company who owns this place doesn't want to pay workers what they deserve. The girls work super hard and during summer it's aweful, long hours, no family time, you have no life and paychecks are weak. I stayed because I had an awesome team and we made it through.
No morale,low paying
Reservation agent (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 28, 2016
Co workers not very friendly no morale very low paying for the job that I have had for so many years for such a big company.Many managers have left the company after being there for at least 15 years of service .The benefits are good but, very high premiums.Other call centers in the area pay at least $ 3.00 more to start.I have only one manager that is just fabulous.If you get promoted you will only get 30 or 40 cents not enough to support a family on your own.
Pros
Good benefits.
Cons
Very low paying.
the miami center..
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLApril 27, 2016
i used to work at the global sales office and the reason i say used to is because due to the poor working environment i resigned months back. when i first started working at this office, the management seemed to really know what they were doing and care about employee satisfaction and performance. that quickly change in the course of a year and a half. the working conditions quickly declined. there isnt room for growth because agents are promoted based on favoritism. and i wasted my time while i was there.
Pros
benefits.
Cons
management doesnt have a clue as to how to manage.
high turnover
Reservation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Solon, OHJune 4, 2016
you are only a number and metrics at this place. your well being family health or emergencies are of no concern to this job!!!! this is not a good place to work. the managers aren't even accessible because they typically work from home out of state!!!!! awful place no windows terrible people no room for advancement.
Pros
leaving
Cons
too long to list
Motivated individual who is a team player.
Housekeeping Supervisor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 25, 2016
Supervised a staff of 18 people in a 242 room property. Made sure everyone knew SOP - Standard Operating Procedures of hotel. Inspected housekeepers rooms and released vacant ready rooms to front desk in timely manner.
The challenging part of the job is getting the housekeepers to finish at 5pm no later than 5:30. So whoever is behind, i would send that person help or i would help them complete rooms.
The most enjoyable part of the job is helping the housekeepers clean their rooms and show them what they need to work on.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
Short breaks

Want to know more about Marriott International, Inc.?

Ask a question
Well run luxury experience resort, great work enviornment, maintains a 5 star repuation in everything the do.
Pool Attendant (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 25, 2016
Such a great place to learn how to work with people. Well run and kept to the highest standards. It is always about the customer experience. There are many ways to go above and beyond and many rewards for doing so. The opportunities to move up are available to everyone. Location is stunning and pay is great.
Pros
fun moral building activities for employees, great benifits, beautiful enviornment
Cons
Long 10 hour days, expenisve lunches, short breaks, takes a very long time to be trained.
not the job if u have kids or other commitments
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Solon, OHAugust 5, 2016
they tell u a lot of good things to get u in the door only to find out its totally different u bid on schedules so u never have a set time for work meaning u cant plan appts and such in a timely matter
Pros
u can work from home
Cons
u never have a set schedule
It good place to work get more knowledge and experience
Overnight /First Shift /Second Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 9, 2016
I been with Marriott over 18 months Get more Experience. I share my Experience with my worker. my co-worker they are great. no thing hard for my I have over 12 years HSKP experience. also I worked all shifts AM ,PM and Overnight that was my enjoyment in this jop.
Front Desk agent/night auditor
Guest Service Representative/Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Rosedale, MDMay 2, 2016
I did the over nightshift/ Night auditor. once I come in for the evening I check to see how many arrival were left to check in. I look over the log book or any of the problem we had from the day.so that I need to comp stay I would know. also check for all the elite and platinum guest were. so that gift bag are in the rooms.i made out the to do list for the handyman and the security guard. and the housekeeper. then around 3am I start the close down of the hotel closing all work money inventory notes,credits etc.. then once that record is done..you start up for the next business day. with the check out have each one put under each guest door. set up for the breakfast.
Pros
love meeting and talking with people from all over the world
Cons
just did not get paid enough
The customer service experience
Head Host/Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJMay 22, 2016
Busy hotel restaurant, never a dull moment. Cultivated the pallet made many new friends, met interesting people and celebrities. Learning new foods and wines was the best part of the job. Co-workers were a joy to work with. It was a pleasure being part of such a great company.
Pros
unlimited food and beverages
Cons
long hours at times
Great co-workers, flexible, loyal
Server/Waiter/Host (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJuly 15, 2016
Great place to work. I love it here. I'm still working here and I love the people that I work with and the people that come in. Everyone is friendly and they work well with my life and school schedule. I work in the restaurant in the hotel. I come in, set up my station and do my side work and prepare for the shift. I serve customers, take their orders, serve them drinks, bring their food, run their payments, then clean up and leave for the night. Hardest part is our business is heavily affected by the convention center across the street. So when we're full I make good money and business is good. However, when there are no conventions during the off season it can be very slow. Overall it's a great place to work. You can transfer to different positions not just in the food and beverage department but others in the hotel as well. You can always pick up a shift somewhere if you're not making enough money. Good part-time job.
Very fun work enviorment. Guest and employees are treated fair.
Shuttler driver/ Bellman (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 14, 2016
I truly loved working at the Marriott World Orlando. I have gained so much experience and also enjoyed with meeting different people from all over the world.
Pros
lOved meeting so many diffrent people on a daily basis
Cons
Health care was costly
Exciting and fun company to work for
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DEMay 31, 2016
Solving guest issues and employees problems
Learned how to manage employee to their strongest strength
Lot of opportunities to move up
Respect is important in professional environment
Managing employee gossipping and rumors
Everyday is a different days, different customers from around the world
Fantastic learning opportunity
Fitness Attendant (Current Employee) –  Naples, FLMay 11, 2016
I check and restock or order any items we may need for week,and also communicate to Supervisor of what we may need so he is informed.Everyone I work with is pleasant to work with team work between us,management always check to make sure we are doing fine.I do not find anything hard about working for I have enough experience to work things out or notify right person in management that may be available to help with any problems.I learn every day about how to make guest feel special in fitness center.I enjoy my job for I help every person who comes into fitness center so they get whatever they need to have best workout.
Pros
I feel many guest are making me a better associate at RitzCarlrton by each enteraction with them
Cons
everyone nhas different nedds so you must learn to be flexible on things that may help them.
Culture is one of the big deal.
Food and Beverage Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Washington, DC 20005June 25, 2016
I love dealing with the guest to make guest happy and associate. Working environment is good and happy place to work with. The hardest part is when management don't get as one and do what they think is good for them self and not for the many.
Pros
Good benefits.
Cons
Managements not too good.

Marriott International, Inc. Reviews by Location