Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews

Found 4,296 reviews matching the search
I loved working there
cook (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLJune 7, 2017
The energy is amazing in that place its the best place to work you learn a lot of new things in the Marriott hotel you really do feel like family. The hardest part about working in that fast pace that you need to know what's going on how to fix a problem with the food in a safe clean standard. I learned from different people how to use my creative and how to handle my knife. I enjoyed the team meeting it was fun going out with the people you work with and get closer as a team.
Ok job
Night Auditor (Current Employee) –  Rehoboth Beach, DEJune 6, 2017
I have done my job for years so I know what I'm doing. Our recent new front desk manager is not trained to.do his job. He is not good at it so it makes my job stressful.
Benefits
seems all good until the managers start to train you
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Woodmere, OHJune 2, 2017
i was super excited about working here UNTIL i started working here. i only worked here for 2 DAYS and it was because the management is TERRIBLE! i would go into work and really be ready to work but the managers didnt bother spending more then a hour helping and then leave you to fend for yourself at the front desk. the managers stayed in the back for my entire shift and i had to go back to them each time because i was new and needed guidance. its a shame that they preach about team playing and then the second you start they leave you for dead. the manager told me it takes 6 months to learn this business but the rate i was starting i can completely understand why. its a shame when you are actually someone that wants to learn and your getting no help or guidance.
Pros
good pay, health benefits, amazing discount for employee, friends and family get a discount too
Cons
poor management, not enough guidance, very old computer system
Family style work environment
Houseman (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMay 31, 2017
Good to have for a second job. Company is well respected. Employees at this particular location can make things difficult at times, but overall an OK place to work
Great company to work for
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 31, 2017
My time at the Marriott was a awesome opprtunity . It was where I started my hospitality career. I worked for 2 different types of brands full service and extended stay and I enjoyed all of my time there. The benifits , the culture , the room for growth and the support system I had there was far from under par.
Pros
The support that I had
Cons
Not being there longer
Great career choice
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMay 30, 2017
I loved this job. I would still be there except for a family problem I had back then . I would love to go back. My supervisors were great until they hired a young man with no experience to run the entire housekeeping and maintenance departments. He had no understanding of family obstacles and no empathy for anyone. They lost employees that worked 20 plus years because of his non management. He didn't stay long just long enough to destroy a lot of people career.
Pros
Great treatment of employees
Cons
Always working holidays
fun place
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALMay 29, 2017
great place to work loved the job pay was great i loved meeting new people everyday the company love the workers and its one of my favorite places i have worked
Extremely Disorganized
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COMay 29, 2017
I've been an employee for a short time now and can say without a doubt that this place needs serious work. The job itself isn't very difficult (Housekeeper), and the other employees can be ok to work with depending upon everyone's workload at the moment. Typical days consist of cleaning trash, rooms, linens, etc. The hardest part of this job is how quickly you need to move to get everything, and keeping that pace for 9-10 hours. Severely understaffed, poor management, hectic hours, and lack of supplies make completing assigned tasks less than manageable. However, customers tend to be very polite. The only real part of the job that has been enjoyable is working with a diverse culture of people. All in all, I would be highly unlikely to suggest this hotel to anyone looking to get into the hotel industry.
Pros
Reduced hotel stay, Friendly customers, Independent choice of lunch break time
Cons
Hectic hours, lack of supplies, poor management, outdated systems, and severely understaffed.
Guest Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Roseville, CAMay 29, 2017
Marriott International is where I want to grow with.
I have been introduced to the Best company, and had a very excellent experience. Truly hope to expand my horizons with the Name Brand, and Most competitive hotel in the World.
good job
Houseman/Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CAMay 28, 2017
It great place to work if u can deal with wishes wash people great place to get a start at housekeeping in learn things in take it to other level but also a lot work
Pros
cool
Cons
cool
Buena
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Madrid, FLMay 25, 2017
Buenos compañeros y oportunidad d trabajan y experiencia
The place was fun, managers were really cool always friendly and always told jokes.
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZMay 22, 2017
I worked there for about a month it's a clean high rated hotel. Very nice comfortable relaxing place to work. People were friendly managers were very helpful.
Pros
Overall a nice friendly place to work friendly managers, clean hotel
Cons
Previous employer didn't provide me with flexible schedule that worked around my school hours
Fun workplace.
Bistro lead (Current Employee) –  Novi, MIMay 22, 2017
I had a wonderful management team and learned a lot during my time here. I was able to be trained as a bistro employee and work my way into being a lead and working along side the manager.
Great place to work.
Reservation Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 22, 2017
Overall one of the best places I have ever worked. Management is awesome. Flexible work schedules. I really enjoyed working from home. Hotel discounts are also plus.
Benefits
Cons
Sales expectations
Fun atmosphere
Guest Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Miamisburg, OHMay 22, 2017
The job itself is fun, meeting with happy hotel clients.
There is a lot of room for advancement and relocation.
The system is hard to use, management is incompetent and unwilling to incorporate changes.
Guest handling
Rewards specialist (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 21, 2017
This is by far the best company I've ever had the pleasure of working for. They always recognize their partners and treat them respect. The management is by the best I've ever seen
It's ok
Loss Prevention Officer (Former Employee) –  Balitmore, MIMay 21, 2017
The job is not hard but the expectation can be a bit ridiculous. The compensations are great. Discounts on so many different properties. Benefits are non existent.
There was a good come Ratterree a fun place to be a part of would recommend it t
Journeyman Electrician (Former Employee) –  Mr. Marriott Desert Springs Palm Desert CaliforniaMay 19, 2017
Very difficult to comply with all the rules and regulations specially when you're not aware of them more training is needed for particular areas of training or not explained training may not be explicit Marriott rules and regulations are not very clear in English
Pros
Free lunches were provided at the beginning 12 months and you had to pay for them
Great company to work for. Management varies from property to property
Bistro Attendant (Current Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLMay 19, 2017
I love working for Marriott and don't want to leave this company however every time slow season hits they cut hours drastically. Great company with great benifits. The management has been different at every property I worked but overall good.
Great environment
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 18, 2017
Working for Marriott international was a great experience. Working for them for almost 20 years, taught me a lot. It's a really huge corporation with amazing people. I enjoyed my time as an employer at Marriott International .

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Marriott International, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval