Marriott International, Inc.

3.6K reviews

Marriott International, Inc. Employee Reviews

Fun & Productive Job culture
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee), Charlotte,NCAugust 5, 2015
Pros: Professional work environment
Cons: Franchise properties have limited growth potential
Marriott is a great company to work for. I learned how to become a professional and develop great interpersonal skills while working in a diverse environment.
Fast paced working environment with a lot of mult-tasking and making sure to deliver timely, quality service.
Senior Banquet Manager (Former Employee), Chicago, ILAugust 5, 2015
Pros: Diversified working culture and management always has an open door policy.
Cons: Health Benefits
Great company to work for in the Hospitality Management industry, great career advancement opportunities with lots of room to grow and expand your knowledge and skills.
Excellente place to work
Human Resources Administrator (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDAugust 4, 2015
Pros: Work without any supervision
Cons: None
Marriott International offer great benefits and the opportunity to grow in the company/.

Every morning at my job I had to open the HR office and get everything set up before my Directors arrived. I will turn of machines and computers, bring to the attention any mail pending and collect employees concerned from previous day or early morning (for night crew). During my day it was a multi-tasking environment, from answering the HR phone to assisting all the employees questions and at the same time doing my office admin responsibilities.

My co-workers work together with me, was interesting how everyone in our department work together in different tasks but together to achieve the same purpose.

The most enjoyable part of my job was when I planned the associated appreciation week and they enjoy all week with different surprises.
fast pace
Customer Service/Porter (Former Employee), Pensacola, FLAugust 4, 2015
the pay rate is not too attractive, but you get to work by the beach which makes it fun to come to work. area is really clean and people are nice
Productive and educational occupation
Housemen (Former Employee), Bangor, MEAugust 4, 2015
Pros: Swim in pool for free, discounted rates, Subway and Tim Hortons across the street.
Cons: Coworkers didn't show much appreciation for what I did for them, if you reported a flaw to management they would say they would take care of it but don't.
An independent job allowing you to minimal interactions with coworkers, helping you to succeed in goals and details within the tasks given. Hours fluctuated full time hours down to part time hours around the winter time due to lack of business.
nice place to work with good benifits
Night Auditor (Current Employee), mechanicsburg,paAugust 4, 2015
Pros: benifits
Cons: none
This is a great company to work for, they honestly care for their employees. We get extra money for completing what you are suppose to do, They do like to take care of us.
Great Place To Work
Bartender, Server, Room Service Attendant (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCAugust 4, 2015
Loved my job and all of the employees in every department. Benefits were amazing and the new GM is great. I would recommend anyone to work at Marriott.
Productive and offered reduced lunches
General Accountant / Cashier (Former Employee), Houston, TXAugust 4, 2015
Pros: made life time friends
Cons: short breaks
Verified and recorded daily cash deposits, prepared and distributed billing for all airlines, provided resolution for customer inquiries and provided exemplarycustomer service in all aspects of the job. The management team actively interacted with employees. I had the best co-workers. The hardest part of the job was meeting the very demanding deadlines. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting the very demanding deadlines.
Short Hour days
House Keeping Supervisor & Front Desk (Former Employee), Clearwater, FLAugust 4, 2015
Pros: I loved working with people
Cons: The location and pay
My day was always different. They changed my off days on a regular basis.
I was trained to inspect and clean the way they expected. I was tested and past all Marriott testing.
She threw away all compliments from guest without even reviewing them with the employee. She wouldn't talk with guest about concerns
All the co-workers were awesome. They worked hard and did their jobs properly .
Hardest part of the job was waxing stairs in hall ways with no AC
I really enjoyed the job it's self
greet guest
guest service agent (Former Employee), cleveland ohioAugust 4, 2015
a really great and fun place to work.can get really busy at times but i like the challenge the benefits were great anf so were my managers as well as my coworkers
Great experience lots of foreing languages
Front Desk Associate (Current Employee), Corona, CAAugust 4, 2015
Pros: Great Guest
Cons: The Staff is forgetful
great place to work for current students in the human resources fields. staff needs to improve on training skills.
not a lot of hours to give for full time workers.
shifts change 24 hours prior to schedule.
my experiences
Guest Service Representative (Current Employee), Knoxville, TNAugust 4, 2015
I learned to adapt to any environment. I like challenges that helps me grow as a person. I catch on quickly to a task that I am presented with. I have a great personality and would like to be a
part of a growing company.
Great Place to Work
Front Desk Supervisor (Current Employee), Boise, IDAugust 3, 2015
Pros: Great Work Environment
Cons: Healthcare Could Be Better
A typical day at work is like taking care of one of your friends or family members. I have learned to be an active listener, understand behavior or habits, show sincerity in the job, and to make effective decisions. The hardest part of the job is knowing hospitality ins and outs because most of the time you are doing them all, from room service to sales. Because I get to interact with new and old faces of roaming visitors, and each associate I work with is personable and upbeat, I adore my job. As well, the management here strives to make guests and the staff happy and are always flexible to their needs while staying profitable.
Great Team Atmosphere
Houseman (Current Employee), Norman Oklahom aAugust 3, 2015
Pros: Great team enviroment
Cons: benefits and pay need review
This is a very physically demanding job. Lots of walking, lifting , pushing and pulling. The location has 1500 rooms and is home to the USPS postal training center. The team works hard to keep the hotel running smoothly and guest happy. Management often has to pitch in physically due the large number of visitors we house. The hardest part of the job is checkout day ( usually Friday). The hotel must be clean and in order for the students arriving the following week.
AWESOME COMPANY
Assistant General Manager (Current Employee), Plano, TXAugust 2, 2015
Marriott is a great company to work! The training opportunities are great! The best part is being able to travel and work in any city, state, or Country.
Great
Assistant Director of Finance (Current Employee), Portland, ORAugust 2, 2015
Good benefits, good educational and promotion opportunities. Good coworkers. If you like hospitality, a very good place to work.
its a very god place to work
Security Officer/ casino compliance (Former Employee), San Juan, PRAugust 2, 2015
Pros: free meals, benefits
Cons: have to pay parking, if the is an associate parking at the marriott you are working
working at an associate for marrott is a very comfortable experience they dedicate a lot of attention to the associate need and morale ,
but at the same time the pay rates in the Marriott in Puerto Rico start of low most being minimum wage or close in comparison with the same job position
Excellent job where guests come first
Lobby Ambassador/Front Desk Agent (Current Employee), Sugar Land, TXAugust 1, 2015
I learned the art of hospitality. I also learned, how to create personal connections with guests and go above and beyond for them.
Housekeeping
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Eagan, MNJuly 31, 2015
Pros: The hotel I worked at was close to home and the hours were great.
Cons: Breaks were not always taken because of the immense workload.
The hardest part was the unrealistic amount of rooms to be done in one day and still be up to hotel standards. We almost never had enough linens/product to get the workload done on-time each day. There was extremely poor management/organization. The Hispanic housekeepers were poorly treated and spoken of at the hotel.
Best part of the job was some of the co-workers and guests.
hotel work
Housekeeping (Current Employee), Kansas City, MOJuly 31, 2015
Pros: good hours
Cons: low pay
great job hard work fun and exciting employees, arrive at work, load housekeeping cart, enter guest rooms clean to Marriott standards, repeat.
Headquarters