Marriott Marquis

Marriott Marquis Employer Reviews

Dedicated, professional atmosphere
Lead Hostess (Current Employee), Atlanta, GADecember 1, 2014
Pros: two dollar meals, three dollar parking in garage, food court in mall connected to marriott
Cons: sometimes the parking garage is full so we can't park on site
The Marriott Marquis is mostly a convention hotel, giving me the opportunity to meet so many vivacious individuals from all around the world. A typical day at work transpires quickly. I have learned to anticipate guests expectations and guarantee their satisfaction to the fullest within a timely manner. Given that there are so many outside variables – more... affecting service and guests expectations, this can be difficult at times and also the most rewarding when achieved. – less
Great Experience!
Senior Event Management Coordinator (Current Employee), Atlanta, GANovember 4, 2014
• Instructed 3rd Grade Common Core Standards curriculum: math, ELA, GA Performance Standards curriculum: social studies, science, designed and developed programs to meet the academic, intellectual, and social needs of students.
• Instructed ELA, Reading, Math in Low- and Hi- Level phases, Science, Social Studies, and Health.
• Assessed student performance – more... through: anecdotal records, student-teacher /parent-teacher conferencing, peer evaluation, checklists, and student portfolios. – less
Busy and fast pace environment
Steward/Prep/Banquet (Former Employee), Manhattan, NYNovember 26, 2013
Pros: cafeteria.
Daily maintenance of food stockroom.
Learned inventory skills
Management will team skills.
Co-workers were always helpful.
Review
Bartender (Former Employee), San Diego, CAOctober 2, 2013
I am responsible for preparing and serving beverages for servers and guests in a fast, friendly and professional manner. Other responsibilities include maintaining a clean bar area, processing payments, and taking inventory of the bar.
Housekeeper
Housekeeping (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJune 20, 2013
I had an amazing time learning the different requirements to make a more productive teamplayer. I really enjoyed the tasks that were intailed to completeing my shift. I would like another opprotunity to be apart of the crew, and being a product of the company.
A good worker
Casher and stocker (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMay 30, 2013
a great team player and a team leader hard worker i never call off unless its death or my child is very sick
Always busy. Some of the best supportive managers in the business. Great staff.
Sales Department Administrator / Technical Support (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAApril 18, 2013
Pros: the people, the energized atmosphere, the work, the perks of hosting pro-sports teams, entertainers, tickets to events, complimentary meals from the top restaurants in the city, participating in major events.
Cons: the hours and the pay.
The typical day was never typical. There were extremely busy days due to high volume of arrivals, departures, occupancy percentages, in-house groups, conventions, events...etc. There was always a lot of activity. I learned a great deal in the various posistions I held at this company from people skills, supervisory skills, time management, generating – more... and analzing reports, resolving credit and accounting issues, daily closing accounting reports and working on property task force teams. The hardest part of the job were the hours and shift changes. The best part of the job were the great team of people and managers in all departments and I enjoyed the work. Working on the Propery Task Force was fantastic. This required traveling to various U.S. cities and territories and setting up a new hotel (or taking over an existing propery). From installation of the systems to providing training to all departments of the new property. – less
Great company all around
Maitre d'/ Hostess (Former Employee), New York, NYMarch 19, 2013
Pros: everything
Cons: nothing
Great team work!!!!! they treat you like family. alot of advancement
my first big property i also meet alot of good people.
Manager (Former Employee), New York, NYMarch 6, 2013
The marriott was great place to work and learn. i got to be a hands on manager.
One of the greatest places iv'e worked
Front office agent (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 28, 2013
Pros: the marriott family always talked to us and remembered our names.
Cons: leaving the marriott.
At the Marriott Marquis there is no typical day.
What I have learned was that anything thing will happen in a two thousand room hotel. It was fun and fast pace environment. You always had to be on your toes. An average agent will check in over 120 guest per shift.
Our management team was always busy, even on the overnight shifts.
Co-workers are our – more... backbone and we all became close. We leaned on each other and were always team players.
The hardest part of the job was feeling like you made a difference with so many guest that you interacted with on a daily basis.
The most enjoyable part of the day was that no matter where you were walking through the hotel the staff always greeted you and smiled. Its become one of the many things I carry with me to this day. Always smile and say hello. – less
2,000 room Hotel in the middle of Times Square
Lead Cook - Encore Restaurant (Former Employee), New York, NYJanuary 13, 2013
Pros: learned a lot about organizing myself in a large production kitchen.
Cons: commute was very long; getting into new york city.
Worked around a lot of great chef's; who were more then willing to teach. The kitchen ran like a well oiled machine. Everyone new their responsibilities; and the expectations were hard, but attainable.
great GYM
Line Cook (Current Employee), New York, NYDecember 26, 2012
Pros: free lunch
set up my station
Everyday i lern something new
Management believe in team work
Some time we have some slow days.
Team work is very inportant
Nice place to work and meet new people.
Banquet Server (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAAugust 22, 2012
Pros: nice pay
Cons: no hrs
My co-workers are very friendly people and i believe we work well as a team. A typical work day is very busy, with people everywhere. We have to set up a whole banquet hall and set all tables. The hardest part of my job is the lack of hrs.
fast paced strong will
room attendant (Former Employee), atlanta,gaFebruary 27, 2012
everyone is friendly and helpful...pay could be more for the work
Marriott Marquis - NYC
Assistant Housekeeping Manager (Former Employee), New York,NYFebruary 24, 2012
Pros: great cafeteria, opportunities for cross training
Cons: extremely large
Great place to work, the values and culture are second to none.
Grato ambiente de trabajo con buen salario y flexibilidad en horarios
Cocinero de linea (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAApril 23, 2014
Pros: flexibilidad de horarios, buena paga, posibilidad de linea de carrera, buen ambiente laboral
Cons: poco personal por lo que a veces las responsabilidades por persona son el doble y a veces el triple
Un día típico en el restaurante del hotel consistía en conocer la proyección del día (cuantas personas recibiremos en el comedor aproximadamente) y hacer preparaciones en base a eso. Mi turno era responsable del cierre por lo que todo debía verse impecable para comenzar el trabajo al día siguiente, tuvimos fines de semana en los que cubrimos 10 000 – more... cubiertos por turno como días en los que no hicimos ni 10 personas, las estadísticas eran variables pero la mayoría de las veces teníamos turnos muy ocupados y exigentes. Este tipo de trabajo me permitió aprender mejor a organizarme en una cocina y a trabajar inteligentemente de tal manera que los productos finales salieran siempre frescos, bien presentados y a tiempo. – less
ambiente de trabajo perfecto, muy colaboradores
cocinero (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 25, 2013
Pros: seguro medico
el hotel en el que trabaje tiene 1675 habitaciones, yo trabaje en banquetes, fue una experiencia muy buena ya que aprendi muchas cosas buenas para crecer en mi carrera profesional, mis colegas siempre me ayudaron un buen ambiente de trabajo, lo que mas me gusto de mi trabajo fue, la experiencia que tuve en ampliar mis conocimientos culinarios.