Marriott Marquis Employee Reviews

Sports bar with a pool table and 40 tv's to choose from
Server/Bartender (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 20, 2016
Easy going with different backgrounds and culture in a massive hotel. I learned that Atlanta loves it's sports and are big in college sports. Long hours would be the toughest part of the job. Making money was the easiest.
Pros
2.00$ meals
Cons
off site parking
A Great place to learn about different cultures
Engineer I (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 30, 2015
It was fun you get to meet different people of different cultures and get to learn from different people, The knowledge they have passed onto me which made me stronger with knowledge in the work field.From the help of my fellow employees and guest.And if it was a problem that occured, We always worked as a team wow just to know you have employees that really love what they do feels amazing.
Okay
Restaurant Manager (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 4, 2015
Okay place to work, expectations is no where near what expected when going to a Marquis property. 70% of shift running food and picking up glassware as there isn't enough support staff.
Ok place to work
Event Services Lead (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAAugust 7, 2015
It's an ok place to work and the people are great! Don't get much support from management. They say they will help you grow; but I have yet to see that happen with my career.
Pros
Great people, free food, good atmosphere, good benefits
Cons
Inexperience management, politics
fun work place,lots of team work
Room Attendant (Current Employee) –  washington dcMarch 25, 2015
Everyone greets everyone, passing threw the halls u hear people engaging with one another and helping each other. Happy Family
Enjoyed Working in Atlanta
Cook/Prep (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 14, 2015
I was the evening line cook. Patrons choose from the menu and I prepared all foods. I was prep cook, line cook and was promoted to banquet cook. I enjoyed working in Atlanta as it asisted me in improving on my culinary skills. This job was one of the first when completed culinary school and it let me know what cooking would be like as a lifetime work.
Pros
living and working in atlanta
Cons
being away from home.
Dedicated, professional atmosphere
Lead Hostess (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 1, 2014
The Marriott Marquis is mostly a convention hotel, giving me the opportunity to meet so many vivacious individuals from all around the world. A typical day at work transpires quickly. I have learned to anticipate guests expectations and guarantee their satisfaction to the fullest within a timely manner. Given that there are so many outside variables affecting service and guests expectations, this can be difficult at times and also the most rewarding when achieved.
Pros
two dollar meals, three dollar parking in garage, food court in mall connected to marriott
Cons
sometimes the parking garage is full so we can't park on site
Great Experience!
Senior Event Management Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 4, 2014
• Instructed 3rd Grade Common Core Standards curriculum: math, ELA, GA Performance Standards curriculum: social studies, science, designed and developed programs to meet the academic, intellectual, and social needs of students.
• Instructed ELA, Reading, Math in Low- and Hi- Level phases, Science, Social Studies, and Health.
• Assessed student performance through: anecdotal records, student-teacher /parent-teacher conferencing, peer evaluation, checklists, and student portfolios.
Busy and fast pace environment
Steward/Prep/Banquet (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYNovember 26, 2013
Daily maintenance of food stockroom.
Learned inventory skills
Management will team skills.
Co-workers were always helpful.
Pros
cafeteria.
Productive and Very Good Workplace
Culinary Intern (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 19, 2013
As a Culinary Intern It is a Very Good Experience to work people out there and I enjoy each day of my work.
Review
Bartender (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 2, 2013
I am responsible for preparing and serving beverages for servers and guests in a fast, friendly and professional manner. Other responsibilities include maintaining a clean bar area, processing payments, and taking inventory of the bar.
Housekeeper
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 20, 2013
I had an amazing time learning the different requirements to make a more productive teamplayer. I really enjoyed the tasks that were intailed to completeing my shift. I would like another opprotunity to be apart of the crew, and being a product of the company.
Always busy. Some of the best supportive managers in the business. Great staff.
Sales Department Administrator / Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 18, 2013
The typical day was never typical. There were extremely busy days due to high volume of arrivals, departures, occupancy percentages, in-house groups, conventions, events...etc. There was always a lot of activity. I learned a great deal in the various posistions I held at this company from people skills, supervisory skills, time management, generating and analzing reports, resolving credit and accounting issues, daily closing accounting reports and working on property task force teams. The hardest part of the job were the hours and shift changes. The best part of the job were the great team of people and managers in all departments and I enjoyed the work. Working on the Propery Task Force was fantastic. This required traveling to various U.S. cities and territories and setting up a new hotel (or taking over an existing propery). From installation of the systems to providing training to all departments of the new property.
Pros
the people, the energized atmosphere, the work, the perks of hosting pro-sports teams, entertainers, tickets to events, complimentary meals from the top restaurants in the city, participating in major events.
Cons
the hours and the pay.
Great company all around
Maitre d'/ Hostess (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 19, 2013
Great team work!!!!! they treat you like family. alot of advancement
Pros
everything
Cons
nothing
my first big property i also meet alot of good people.
Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 6, 2013
The marriott was great place to work and learn. i got to be a hands on manager.
One of the greatest places iv'e worked
Front office agent (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 28, 2013
At the Marriott Marquis there is no typical day.
What I have learned was that anything thing will happen in a two thousand room hotel. It was fun and fast pace environment. You always had to be on your toes. An average agent will check in over 120 guest per shift.
Our management team was always busy, even on the overnight shifts.
Co-workers are our backbone and we all became close. We leaned on each other and were always team players.
The hardest part of the job was feeling like you made a difference with so many guest that you interacted with on a daily basis.
The most enjoyable part of the day was that no matter where you were walking through the hotel the staff always greeted you and smiled. Its become one of the many things I carry with me to this day. Always smile and say hello.
Pros
the marriott family always talked to us and remembered our names.
Cons
leaving the marriott.
2,000 room Hotel in the middle of Times Square
Lead Cook - Encore Restaurant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 13, 2013
Worked around a lot of great chef's; who were more then willing to teach. The kitchen ran like a well oiled machine. Everyone new their responsibilities; and the expectations were hard, but attainable.
Pros
learned a lot about organizing myself in a large production kitchen.
Cons
commute was very long; getting into new york city.
great GYM
Line Cook (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 26, 2012
set up my station
Everyday i lern something new
Management believe in team work
Some time we have some slow days.
Team work is very inportant
Pros
free lunch
Nice place to work and meet new people.
Banquet Server (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 22, 2012
My co-workers are very friendly people and i believe we work well as a team. A typical work day is very busy, with people everywhere. We have to set up a whole banquet hall and set all tables. The hardest part of my job is the lack of hrs.
Pros
nice pay
Cons
no hrs
fast paced strong will
room attendant (Former Employee) –  atlanta,gaFebruary 27, 2012
everyone is friendly and helpful...pay could be more for the work

4.5