Marriott Vacation Worldwide

Marriott Vacation Worldwide Employee Reviews

Employee Oriented
Human Resources Commission Supervisor (Former Employee), Orlando, FloridaApril 22, 2015
Excellent work environment! Marriott offered opportunities for development and advancement. Management was laid back and promoted healthy work environment. Work life balance was encouraged. The hardest part of the job was leaving.
Hospitaly With Newport Coast
Loss Preventions / Assistant Safety Coordinator (Former Employee), Newport Coast, CAApril 2, 2015
Pros: Free Food on Most Holidays, Family Gatherings Rule
Cons: None
Typical Security Rounds
Training is top of the line from CPR, Report Writing, Parking Enforcement
Open Door Management Policies
Like A Big Family
Hard to Control Time Share Owners
A decent place to work if your interested in hospitality
Recreation Activities Coordinator (Current Employee), Newport Beach, CAMarch 2, 2015
Pros: 40-60% off marriott resort rooms
Cons: short lunch breaks
Marriott Vacation Worldwide is a decent place to work if your interested in the hospitality industry. The main highlight has been the relationships I have developed with coworkers. As with any the hospitality job, the pay really isn't that great.
Fast Paced,Fun Family Oriented Company
Housekeeping Lead-Trainer-FT (Current Employee), Lihue, HIFebruary 25, 2015
Getting all the Housekeeping Associates assignments ready for the day.Making sure they go over Trainings of company policies & procedures Daily,Making sure they have their Tools & Equipment needed for – more... their Daily tasks.Processing of Invoices and Email Correspondences. I have learned a lot in my position here of how to be the best,fast and efficient cleaner and how to be very detail oriented and organized. my co-workers are the best team players and if they all have the support of their leaders of coarse they will have a functional working team. The most enjoyable part of my job is i get to clean,and meet new people on an everyday basis. – less
Great Place to Work
Guest Relations Coordinator (Former Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: excellent benefits
Cons: layoffs
This position at Marriott is customer service based. Through professional persuasion, procure qualified prospective purchaser to attend a sales presentation of the Marriott's BeachPlace Towers Vacation – more... Club. Coordinate appointments and arrivals with the sales gallery and facilitate a smooth and effective marketing process. Confirmed guest reservation's three weeks prior to guest arrival and greeted guest upon arrival with Welcome Package and gift. Ensured guest understanding of the details of participation for vacation package personal preview tour for the Marriott's BeachPlace Towers Vacation Club. Provide information and when necessary provide concierge services to package guests and owners during their guests stay prior to and after personal preview tour. Handled all guest questions, problems and complaints as they relate to MVCI programs. Qualify prospects according to details of participation of any given program. Provided creative suggestions for new programs or improvements to the current marketing programs in order to maximize efficiency in sales and guest/owner programs. Timely and accurately submitted individual reports, forms, contact sheets, time sheets and welcome packages to Marketing Manager. Exceeded
minimum productivity standards as required in the Marketing Coordinators Compensation Plan. – less
Made reservations for future owners.
Vacation Planner (Former Employee), Orlando, Fl.January 8, 2015
Pros: schedule
Cons: dirty call center
It's an out bound department. My duties is to helped future guest along the vacation process in hopes to becoming future timeshare owners. The shift started at 5pm until 9pm.

I learned the importance – more... of closing. My supervisors were there to assist. If not, There was a lead available.

My co-workers were ok.

The hardest part of this job was dealing with people who misrepresented.

Making people happy. – less
Productive work place but need a desired job of choice.
Sales Representative/Customer Service (Current Employee), Orlando, FloridaNovember 24, 2014
-Contact and build rapport with potential Marriott Vacation Preferred Guests and Marriott Reward
Members through outbound calls.
-Engage potential owners by creating interest in the properties being offered. – more...
-Invite Marriott customers to go on highly discounted vacations.
-Advise customers that they have 6 to 12 months to schedule the vacation. Customers will not need to
commit to travel dates right away.
-Ensure customers are aware of that fact that they will participate in a 90-minute timeshare presentation
during their vacation after their visit with the Marriott.
-Ensure all questions are answered in a professional and informative manner.
-Follow all company policies and procedures & achieve personal sales goals.
-Develop and maintain positive working relationships within a team. – less
Very good culture and enviroment
Guest Relations Coordinator (Current Employee), Newport Coast, CAOctober 20, 2014
Pros: great employee benefits
Cons: compensensation plans always change
This is a great place to learn about Sales and Marketing. The hardest part of job is satisfying guest. Management needs a lot of work.
Call Center
Financial Counselor (Former Employee), Lakeland, FLOctober 16, 2014
taking incoming domestic and international calls. Making outgoing domestic and international calls. Between 60-120 per day.
hard job
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Orlando, FLSeptember 19, 2014
unrealistic sales goals and terrible benefits package and compensation. If you don't sell you don't make money.
Great to Interact with guest from different countries
Loss Prevention (Current Employee), Orlando, FLAugust 11, 2014
I come into work at 11pm and leave at 7:30am
I have only been with this company a few months, but I am learning all that needs to be done.
The management here have been helpfull and willing to answer any question that I may have.
Good working atmosphere and my office is poolside
Marketing Executive (Current Employee), St. Thomas, VIAugust 8, 2014
Meet with Vacation Club owners to provide them with the best activities, restaurants, excursions possible while they are on their vacation. Direct liaison to our sales team to set up selling further units or weeks of vacation time while they are on the property.
Great company to work for! great work/ life balance good opportunity to move up within.
Contract Processor (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJune 25, 2014
Quiet Workplace
Houseman (Former Employee), Hilton Head Island, SCApril 21, 2014
Pros: room discounts
Cons: short breaks
A typical day at work would just be preparing rooms and working with other houseman making sure that every job gets done
Interestingly Challenging
Marketing Executive (Current Employee), Singer Island, FLApril 18, 2014
Pros: healthcare, beautiful office view
Cons: odd hours
A typical day at work is spent on the phone building relationships with owners and guests. The ultimate goal in my position is to book them on a timeshare presentation as that is how the company promotes – more... brand awareness. Management uses interesting tactics to keep team members work hard. The group is supposed to work together as a team, but the position is based on individual numbers and goals to meet so realistically, it is not a team environment. The most difficult part of this position is ensuring that the owner/guest you book on a presentation actually shows up, as you are held accountable for that. The most enjoyable aspect of the position is building lasting relationships with the guests you speak with. – less
fast-paced call center that encourages outstanding performance
TELEMARKETER (Former Employee), Orlando, FLApril 14, 2014
at Marriott I learned thee importance of relating to customers & meeting their needs.
Competitive and fun
Marketing Executive (Former Employee), Hilton Head Island, SCJanuary 21, 2014
Pros: incentives
Cons: inner-office politics
The day started with a "pep talk" and then a last rush of calling guests that were on vacation so were rarely in their rooms and then rushing off to meet with those vacationers in order to convince them to sit through a sales presentation for incentives. The great thing about this was that as Marriott employees we could also enjoy the perks of eating at the best restaurants on and around our area.
I love marriott
Vacation Coordinator (Former Employee), orlando, floridaJanuary 16, 2014
I loved my time while I was at marriott. It is a great company to work for.
na
Regional Marketing Manager (Former Employee), Santa Ana, CADecember 4, 2013
Great benefits and a good company to work for. Marketing team is very small and can be over stressed with work. Mostly direct mail as marketing.
Ok for quick job and quick cash if needed
Outbound Sales Representative (Former Employee), Orlando, FLNovember 2, 2013
Typical Cold Call Sales Call Center...Fast Paced, easy cash.

1 2 3