Marriott Vacation Worldwide Employee Reviews in United States

Not a professional atmosphere
Call Center Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 2, 2016
While the atmosphere is entertaining and fun filled, it is not professional and neither is management. Also, with any sales atmosphere you must be prepared to find another job because your income then depends on you selling and not your skillsets. CoWorkers however, are phenomenal. And if you can work under Stephen Woolf that is great !
Pros
Fun filled atmosphere
Cons
No job security/high turnover
Great team environment
Marketing Executive (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 30, 2015
Marriott is a great company. The leadership team truly care about the employees and assist in any career goals and development you may need. Team Culture at Marriott is another part i enjoy at this company.
Productive and Fun place to work
Senior Finance Manager/Director (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 15, 2015
Great company to work for. Fun work place with supportive management. Good work life balance. In all you have great opportunities for growth as well.
good company to work for
Facilities Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 15, 2015
Marriott is a great company to work for good Mng and they are very flexible with giving time off to be with family. They are always willing to get you training to move up in your career.
Employee Oriented
Human Resources Commission Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FloridaApril 22, 2015
Excellent work environment! Marriott offered opportunities for development and advancement. Management was laid back and promoted healthy work environment. Work life balance was encouraged. The hardest part of the job was leaving.
Great company out of Lakeland
Network Administrator - Contractor (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLMarch 8, 2016
enjoyed working with this team during the short contract months. They have clear direction and ability to get where they are going when they need to.
Interestingly Challenging
Marketing Executive (Current Employee) –  Singer Island, FLApril 18, 2014
A typical day at work is spent on the phone building relationships with owners and guests. The ultimate goal in my position is to book them on a timeshare presentation as that is how the company promotes brand awareness. Management uses interesting tactics to keep team members work hard. The group is supposed to work together as a team, but the position is based on individual numbers and goals to meet so realistically, it is not a team environment. The most difficult part of this position is ensuring that the owner/guest you book on a presentation actually shows up, as you are held accountable for that. The most enjoyable aspect of the position is building lasting relationships with the guests you speak with.
Pros
healthcare, beautiful office view
Cons
odd hours
A top place to work for sales.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 8, 2012
Each day was different, because my job was dealing with people over the phone, which is unpredictable. I learned the art of persuasion with people over the phone which helped me more with face to face interactions. The management team was good, and my co-workers were very helpful with anything that was needed. The hardes part of the job was dealing with customers over the phone, but the most enjoyable part of the job was helping people have a chance to enjoy a vacation of a lifetime.
Pros
helping customers, team work, learning persuasion over the phone, great hotel discounts
Cons
short breaks, dealing with rude people everyday, lack of benefits
A great company to work for
Senior Sales Administration Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 19, 2012
Marriott gave me the biggest opportunity in my life for career advancement. They gave me the "management tools" that I still use on my day-to-day.
Pros
great compensation and benefits
Cons
no work/life balance
Solid Company
Vacation Ownership Advisor (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake CityMarch 28, 2012
Good work/life balance, culture, management. Great co-workers in a fun environment. Pay and benefits are good.
Pros
good environment
Cons
little room for advancement
Hospitaly With Newport Coast
Loss Preventions / Assistant Safety Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Newport Coast, CAApril 2, 2015
Typical Security Rounds
Training is top of the line from CPR, Report Writing, Parking Enforcement
Open Door Management Policies
Like A Big Family
Hard to Control Time Share Owners
Pros
Free Food on Most Holidays, Family Gatherings Rule
Cons
Envirnoment of the company as a whole could be better with the way the state of the economy is these days.
Accounting Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLApril 18, 2012
Loved working with co-workers and those others in different depts / branches of the company but Management style is not quite as great as it once was as they have brought the overall 'moral' down for most of the associates working there - especially those who have been there for many years & seen / feel the change of moral drop from 'high' to a very disappointing 'low'.
Pros
benefits, pay and associates
Cons
management, moral level low

Comment – May 9, 2012

I applied for a Senior Accountant positon in Orlando and a General Accountant position in St Pete and I want to gain a better understanding of this company's culture. What caused the change in the management style and would you recommend this company to others? Thank you.

Very good culture and enviroment
Guest Relations Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Newport Coast, CAOctober 20, 2014
This is a great place to learn about Sales and Marketing. The hardest part of job is satisfying guest. Management needs a lot of work.
Pros
great employee benefits
Cons
compensensation plans always change
Fast Paced,Fun Family Oriented Company
Housekeeping Lead-Trainer-FT (Current Employee) –  Lihue, HIFebruary 25, 2015
Getting all the Housekeeping Associates assignments ready for the day.Making sure they go over Trainings of company policies & procedures Daily,Making sure they have their Tools & Equipment needed for their Daily tasks.Processing of Invoices and Email Correspondences. I have learned a lot in my position here of how to be the best,fast and efficient cleaner and how to be very detail oriented and organized. my co-workers are the best team players and if they all have the support of their leaders of coarse they will have a functional working team. The most enjoyable part of my job is i get to clean,and meet new people on an everyday basis.
Great benefits but hard to advance professionally.
Business Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTApril 6, 2013
This company offers a large number of jobs but very few careers. The benefits are great and the company tries hard to create a fun work environment. Unfortunately this company does not put any weight on the fact that you have earned a degree.
Pros
activities and benefits
Cons
few careers
Fun and Interesting Employment
Cook (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 11, 2012
I would get to work, set up my station. turn on all equipment. Check temperatures on the fridges. Prep, Cook, Work with Cash. Micros. Etc. I learned that, you must do everything in your power to ensure that the guest, has the very best time possible. Everything goes into account, when you're on vacation. The people I worked with from all backgrounds, but we all worked as a team to accomplish the final goal and task, which was to give the very best service we possible could. The hardest part of the job, was trying to get the rest of the team encouraged to the intensity I was at. The most enjoyable part was interacting with the guest, and being able to have a part in their lives.
Pros
free lunch, hotel accommodations, great pay, great healthcare
Cons
management sometimes, dead-seasons
Supportive work environment
Quality Control Specialist (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 12, 2013
A typical day consisted of taking inbound calls from sales reps to do quality control with the guests after a sale was made. Typically, the calls go smoothly but occasionally I would have to smooth over guest issues. Management is very welcoming and willing to help in any situation. My team consists of 8 members all of whom got along well with one another. A very friendly work environment all around. The hardest part of the job is the long wait between calls if it's to be slow and all the monotony of it all. The most enjoyable part is working in a friendly environment.
Pros
monthly pot lucks, hotel room discounts, holidays off, etc.
Cons
no growth potential.
This is a great company to be a part of.
VOA (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City UTJune 6, 2013
I loved working for Marriott Vacation Club. I truly miss the position I held. I miss the timeshare owners and all the friends I made. It was hard to have to take the pay cut.
Pros
great benefits, pay and job advancement
Cons
far drive to get to the location.
Great Place to Work
Guest Relations Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJanuary 15, 2015
This position at Marriott is customer service based. Through professional persuasion, procure qualified prospective purchaser to attend a sales presentation of the Marriott's BeachPlace Towers Vacation Club. Coordinate appointments and arrivals with the sales gallery and facilitate a smooth and effective marketing process. Confirmed guest reservation's three weeks prior to guest arrival and greeted guest upon arrival with Welcome Package and gift. Ensured guest understanding of the details of participation for vacation package personal preview tour for the Marriott's BeachPlace Towers Vacation Club. Provide information and when necessary provide concierge services to package guests and owners during their guests stay prior to and after personal preview tour. Handled all guest questions, problems and complaints as they relate to MVCI programs. Qualify prospects according to details of participation of any given program. Provided creative suggestions for new programs or improvements to the current marketing programs in order to maximize efficiency in sales and guest/owner programs. Timely and accurately submitted individual reports, forms, contact sheets, time sheets and welcome packages to Marketing Manager. Exceeded
minimum productivity standards as required in the Marketing Coordinators Compensation Plan.
Pros
excellent benefits
Cons
layoffs
17 years and still going strong.
Financial Services/Customer Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Lakeland, FLJuly 9, 2013
Many growth opportunities and room to advance in many job functions. Great benifits and job security. Atmoshere is drama free and managment is sometimes stern but fair.