Marriott Vacation Worldwide

Marriott Vacation Worldwide Employee Reviews in United States

Time share assembly line
Executive Secretary (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 29, 2013
This was a very stressful job. They had now regard for me having 2 small children and most of the time I was late picking my children up from daycare.
Pros
i found another job
Cons
no regard for anything outside of their doors
hectic, place, with questionable practices, andsuspicious mangers
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Virgin islandsMay 22, 2013
They will burnout the sales people fire them and kick you out the door, they consider salespeople to be no better than janitors
Pros
good benefits
Cons
bad mangement, incomprtent
Supportive work environment
Quality Control Specialist (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 12, 2013
A typical day consisted of taking inbound calls from sales reps to do quality control with the guests after a sale was made. Typically, the calls go smoothly but occasionally I would have to smooth over guest issues. Management is very welcoming and willing to help in any situation. My team consists of 8 members all of whom got along well with one another. A very friendly work environment all around. The hardest part of the job is the long wait between calls if it's to be slow and all the monotony of it all. The most enjoyable part is working in a friendly environment.
Pros
monthly pot lucks, hotel room discounts, holidays off, etc.
Cons
no growth potential.
Great benefits but hard to advance professionally.
Business Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTApril 6, 2013
This company offers a large number of jobs but very few careers. The benefits are great and the company tries hard to create a fun work environment. Unfortunately this company does not put any weight on the fact that you have earned a degree.
Pros
activities and benefits
Cons
few careers
Fun and exciting
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTFebruary 12, 2013
We would take calls for timeshares owners for reservations, payments and any problems they had with Marriott.
It was a great learning experience.
Management was great always helpful and happy.
The hardest part of the job was not being able to resolve a customers problems.
It was rewarding being able to assist the customers.
Enjoyable fun atmosphere
Vacation Service Coordinator, (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 18, 2012
Great commission base job
Fun atmosphere
Lots of volunteer activities
Sales based job
people friendly co-workers and managers
flexible
Very well put together company
Staff Accountant/Accounting Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 12, 2012
This company has very strict rules and regulations. Very difficult to move upward if not hire right out of college. Good at teaching their employees their job.
Pros
hotel rates for employees
Cons
little advancement opportunties
Fun and Interesting Employment
Cook (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 11, 2012
I would get to work, set up my station. turn on all equipment. Check temperatures on the fridges. Prep, Cook, Work with Cash. Micros. Etc. I learned that, you must do everything in your power to ensure that the guest, has the very best time possible. Everything goes into account, when you're on vacation. The people I worked with from all backgrounds, but we all worked as a team to accomplish the final goal and task, which was to give the very best service we possible could. The hardest part of the job, was trying to get the rest of the team encouraged to the intensity I was at. The most enjoyable part was interacting with the guest, and being able to have a part in their lives.
Pros
free lunch, hotel accommodations, great pay, great healthcare
Cons
management sometimes, dead-seasons
Trouble place to 4
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Fla.November 24, 2012
I get maybe 20 hrs. A week then when I do work I get up to 43 rooms to clean a day. Can't take a lunch break to many rms but they take it out anyway.been working here for 6 yrs. making 8.75 an hrs.
Cons
everything
Very fun place to work
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Palm Desert, CANovember 11, 2012
Gave presentations on the enjoyment and benefits of vacation ownership. Explained travel all over the world with Marriott.
This Mariott Grande Vacation Call Center is the worse
present PT Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 20, 2012
This place is a bad call center to work in. The managers give you one 10 minute break on a shift and actually come looking for you if you are not back at that last minute. Also I was reprimanded for not telling my Manager I had to use the bathroom. A worker next to me harrassed me yet I got called in and spoken to that I was too loud. Finally they terminated me saying my voice was too loud and I was not the "Mariott Way" ..Stay away from this call center...they promise you high commissions but the reality is you make very little commission and the Managers are not nice.
Amazing Motivative Company
Vacation Planning Counselor (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UtahSeptember 5, 2012
Working for Marriott is a wonderful experience, the comapny is very active in working with their employee's wishes for each to succeed in the company, great growth for each employee.
Pros
fun activities on a weekly base to motivate all employee's, great insentives for going above and beyond.
Dynamic growth environment.
Vice President (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 10, 2012
Multiple opportunities to advance and contribute. Mature business yet averaged 20% profits growth per year
A top place to work for sales.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 8, 2012
Each day was different, because my job was dealing with people over the phone, which is unpredictable. I learned the art of persuasion with people over the phone which helped me more with face to face interactions. The management team was good, and my co-workers were very helpful with anything that was needed. The hardes part of the job was dealing with customers over the phone, but the most enjoyable part of the job was helping people have a chance to enjoy a vacation of a lifetime.
Pros
helping customers, team work, learning persuasion over the phone, great hotel discounts
Cons
short breaks, dealing with rude people everyday, lack of benefits
A great company to work for
Senior Sales Administration Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 19, 2012
Marriott gave me the biggest opportunity in my life for career advancement. They gave me the "management tools" that I still use on my day-to-day.
Pros
great compensation and benefits
Cons
no work/life balance
Envirnoment of the company as a whole could be better with the way the state of the economy is these days.
Accounting Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLApril 18, 2012
Loved working with co-workers and those others in different depts / branches of the company but Management style is not quite as great as it once was as they have brought the overall 'moral' down for most of the associates working there - especially those who have been there for many years & seen / feel the change of moral drop from 'high' to a very disappointing 'low'.
Pros
benefits, pay and associates
Cons
management, moral level low
Great place to work and learn
CONTRACT PROCESSOR (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 3, 2012
A typical day for me at Marriott was coming in, saying good morning to everyone, grab my files and begin to work. I learned a lot of office work(admin. assistance) with this company and working for this department. The direct manager and supervisors were wonderful to work for and we always laughed. My co-workers and I had a great relationship, we were like family. Always had pot lucks and team outings. The hardest part about my job was not having enough hours in the day to get everything done. The most I love with this job was the knowledge I learned on Mortgages, Finance documents, and Deeds.
Pros
enjoying the people you work with, team outings, pot lucks
Cons
no cons, i loved working at this job.
Solid Company
Vacation Ownership Advisor (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake CityMarch 28, 2012
Good work/life balance, culture, management. Great co-workers in a fun environment. Pay and benefits are good.
Pros
good environment
Cons
little room for advancement
Pool bar great job
Manager (Current Employee) –  Palm DesertMarch 21, 2012
Great place to work - especially for women. good benefits, great atmosphere. This is time share part of Marriott, so occupancy is always good, always busy. They have a great pool bar, and servers make good money in the summer.
Pros
f&b, free lunch good tips
Cons
hot and busy at pool in summer
Can be a good place if you're in the right niche.
Sr. Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 7, 2012
Certain parts of the organization are good, but falling sales over recent years coupled with resistance to change and a very open willingness to distort the figures are not sustainable business plans.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Marriott Vacation Worldwide. Our community is ready to answer.