Marriott Vacation Worldwide

Marriott Vacation Worldwide Employer Reviews

Amazing Motivative Company
Vacation Planning Counselor (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UtahSeptember 5, 2012
Pros: fun activities on a weekly base to motivate all employee's, great insentives for going above and beyond.
Working for Marriott is a wonderful experience, the comapny is very active in working with their employee's wishes for each to succeed in the company, great growth for each employee.
Dynamic growth environment.
Vice President (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJuly 10, 2012
Multiple opportunities to advance and contribute. Mature business yet averaged 20% profits growth per year
A top place to work for sales.
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Orlando, FLMay 8, 2012
Pros: helping customers, team work, learning persuasion over the phone, great hotel discounts
Cons: short breaks, dealing with rude people everyday, lack of benefits
Each day was different, because my job was dealing with people over the phone, which is unpredictable. I learned the art of persuasion with people over the phone which helped me more with face to face interactions. The management team was good, and my co-workers were very helpful with anything that was needed. The hardes part of the job was dealing with customers over the phone, but the most enjoyable part of the job was helping people have a chance to enjoy a vacation of a lifetime.
A great company to work for
Senior Sales Administration Manager (Former Employee), Orlando, FLApril 19, 2012
Pros: great compensation and benefits
Cons: no work/life balance
Marriott gave me the biggest opportunity in my life for career advancement. They gave me the "management tools" that I still use on my day-to-day.
Envirnoment of the company as a whole could be better with the way the state of the economy is these days.
Accounting Specialist (Former Employee), Lakeland, FLApril 18, 2012
Pros: benefits, pay and associates
Cons: management, moral level low
Loved working with co-workers and those others in different depts / branches of the company but Management style is not quite as great as it once was as they have brought the overall 'moral' down for most of the associates working there - especially those who have been there for many years & seen / feel the change of moral drop from 'high' to a very disappointing 'low'.

May 9, 2012

I applied for a Senior Accountant positon in Orlando and a General Accountant position in St Pete and I want to gain a better understanding of this company's culture. What caused the change in the management style and would you recommend this company to others? Thank you.

Great place to work and learn
CONTRACT PROCESSOR (Former Employee), Orlando, FLApril 3, 2012
Pros: enjoying the people you work with, team outings, pot lucks
Cons: no cons, i loved working at this job.
A typical day for me at Marriott was coming in, saying good morning to everyone, grab my files and begin to work. I learned a lot of office work(admin. assistance) with this company and working for this department. The direct manager and supervisors were wonderful to work for and we always laughed. My co-workers and I had a great relationship, we were like family. Always had pot lucks and team outings. The hardest part about my job was not having enough hours in the day to get everything done. The most I love with this job was the knowledge I learned on Mortgages, Finance documents, and Deeds.
Solid Company
Vacation Ownership Advisor (Former Employee), Salt Lake CityMarch 28, 2012
Pros: good environment
Cons: little room for advancement
Good work/life balance, culture, management. Great co-workers in a fun environment. Pay and benefits are good.
Pool bar great job
Manager (Current Employee), Palm DesertMarch 21, 2012
Pros: f&b, free lunch good tips
Cons: hot and busy at pool in summer
Great place to work - especially for women. good benefits, great atmosphere. This is time share part of Marriott, so occupancy is always good, always busy. They have a great pool bar, and servers make good money in the summer.
Can be a good place if you're in the right niche.
Sr. Manager (Former Employee), Orlando, FLMarch 7, 2012
Certain parts of the organization are good, but falling sales over recent years coupled with resistance to change and a very open willingness to distort the figures are not sustainable business plans.
Does not work well with school
Senior Vacation Counselor (Former Employee), Salt lake City, UTMarch 5, 2012
When first hired they worked well with school schedule, then about 10 years in they decided not to work with school schedules any longer.
Marriott is a fun place to work for.
OPC (Off Property Contact) (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NV.January 31, 2012
Pros: good bonuses
Cons: good healthcare
I cannot say enough wonderful things about the Marriott Vacation Club Int., about all the people I've encounter in my time of service with the company, and especially all the others on the team. The company's leadership has taken me to new levels, and I have appreciated all their personal and professional advice thru my time with the company.
great work place
sales manager (Former Employee)October 1, 2011
This was a job I enjoyed get out of bed going to everyday. It's a company that value their employees.
개인 능력 위주
Sr. Regional Director of Marketing (Former Employee), Newport Coast, CAAugust 4, 2014
Pros: 관계 리조트 무료 숙박.
Cons: 없음
ㅡ 출 퇴근이 자유로움.

ㅡ 부하 직원 통솔력을 배웠음.

ㅡ 직급이 올라 갈수록 부하 직원들을 보조 해주는 임무.

ㅡ 언어 소통 문제