Marriott Vacations Worldwide

Marriott Vacations Worldwide Employee Reviews

Found 3,690 reviews matching the search
Not what its cut up to be.....
Guest Experience Representative (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 23, 2016
Long hours standing on feet...some great guests,some not so great...if you cant take being yelled at at least once a day,this is not the job for you. Management are constantly changing and not always for the better..Some managers will throw you under the bus in a second and many are trained to do the job but no good with people.Fantastic co-workers and many great and interesting guests from all over the world.Despite the claims to be a family friendly employer they are not.
Pros
Cons
Management, terrible work life balance
Night Audit Summary
Front Desk Clerk/Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, TXDecember 28, 2016
My job was easy and I loved it, the only concern I have is for the management. Co-workers are no shows or are usually two hours late for their shift and when trying to get a hold of a manager there is no answer or no call back and I was stuck there until someone showed up. The lack of concern was very upsetting and as a manager I feel that it is their responsibility to either find reliable workers or cover the shifts that the people bailed on, not just let their good employees suffer. Other than that I loved the job but the stress becomes too much when there is not a solid management system in place.
Pros
Benefits, Free lunches, Discounts
Cons
Management, Co-workers not arriving on time for shifts
ok place to work if you have no social life
SENIOR NIGHT AUDITOR (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNDecember 22, 2016
Front Desk Supervisor acts very unprofessional with employee and guests and front desk manager can be very moody so you never know what mood to look forward to both lack extra work effort when there is need help at the desk and if you work over nights count on being left alone often in very large building with demanding guest. plus GM and HR Manager are very helpful but need to look at why there frontdesk turn over rate is so high.
Exciting growth opportunities, great culture
Concierge (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHDecember 14, 2016
Working for Marriott provided me with many experiences, both as a traveling guest as well as in different levels of employment. As an employee, I was able to travel to numerous locations throughout the country and see things that I likely would not have otherwise. Marriott's culture is focused on this quote (paraphrased): "If you take care of the associates, the associates will take care of the customers, and the customers will keep coming back." As a whole, that policy was followed enthusiastically at all levels.
Pros
Opportunities for advancement, positive working environment
Cons
Low pay, high turnover
Never worked for Marriott Vacations Worldwide. Fun and Flexible
Guest Care supervisor (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCDecember 14, 2016
Never worked for Marriott Vacations Worldwide. The dates match Marriott Residence Inn Downtown.
Residence inn is a fun and flexible environment. In the Food and Beverage department I supervised both the restaurant and events department. The restaurant was a buffet style restaurant, all you can eat. Most of my mornings were spent in the restaurant assisting with clean up, engaging with guests assisting with food replenishing and conducting food inventory
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Paying for parking
Very Productive Workplace
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  North Platte, NEDecember 14, 2016
A typical day at work was very busy. I learned that people are not always respectful of the property. The management was awesome, everyone I worked with was very friendly and helpful. The hardest part of my job was running all day long back and forth trying to get everything done and ready in a successful time manor. Things I enjoyed the most was being able to please everyone and taking care of their needs and being able to help them out whenever they had questions.
Pros
I knew I was making a difference.
Cons
Didn't have time for lunch.
Great Environment with Incredible future!
Loss Prevention and Safety Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 28, 2016
As a manager, I loved working with Marriott. Through working with three different properties, I found Marriott was consistently a top performer in associate relations. Quality of life was great!

The most difficult part of the job is simply the work life balance;but that is hospitality as a whole. If you're single, it's great!

If you're married with/without kids, it tends to wear on you a bit. However, due to excellent quality of life, you carve out your balance
Worst experience
The Marriott hotel bwi (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJanuary 10, 2017
The work environment was good it just was the supervisor I was told I would be making $10 a hour , I was working threw a temp agency called penguin service I work a whole 2 weeks 40+ the lady told me she pick the check up from d.c then I had to wait another 2 weeks because she mailed it out when I received my check it was for $132 dollars the lady had been stealing money from me then it was I only make $9 a hour when I was suppose to get $10 a hour so I had just quit .
Loved the People
Kitchen Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Rapid City, SDJanuary 11, 2017
Enjoyed everyone that worked there, but management is terrible. Didn't get my raise for months after promotion, didn't receive computer training because no one would show me how to even get to the site, and was chastised multiple times for a lack of name tag by a manager that didn't know how to make them and never gave me one.
Terrible morale in all depts due to management.
Upon putting in resignation was basically told, "Good, was going to fire you anyway."
Productive Work Environment
Maintenance Engineer (Former Employee) –  Herndon, VA 20170January 11, 2017
Provides team with support
Collaborates with individual team members to establish a development path
Holds employees accountable for their own results
Provides team with the resources needed to attain results
Provides support during periods of organizational change
Develops workable action plans
Creates flexible plans to meet changing opportunities
Effectively puts plans into action
Excels in developing strategic alternatives
Effectively formulates strategies, tactics, and action plans to drive X results
Wonderful place to work.
Executive Housekeeping Manager (Former Employee) –  West Springfield, MAJanuary 13, 2017
When I started I was just a housekeeper and eventually was promoted to assistant housekeeper and then to housekeeping manager. My duties included checking vacated rooms and occupied rooms, doing deep cleans, scheduling of housekeepers. Other management was great people to work for. Hardest part of the job was maintaining the right staff and the most enjoyable part was being able to work mainly by myself. I learned alot of management experience.
Fun Workplace
Catering Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Fremont, CADecember 8, 2016
The Corporate Marriott is an enjoyable place to work for.

Typical day at work starts with checking emails and answering the
voice messages and replying to leads. Time flies so fast with
putting leads in the system, closing deals and drafting contracts.
Management is understanding if you request for time off or any help.
Co-workers are friendly and helpful.

Hardest part is hours of work 10-12 hours when you are on Salary.

Most enjoyable part of the job is friendliness be on a happy environment.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Short Breaks and long hours
Fun working in the kitchen.
Bistro Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Topeka, KSDecember 15, 2016
I worked for the company for about a year before I had to quit. I wish I wouldn't have though, the only reason I left was because I had a family emergency with my now husband. He was in the army and some unfortunate events took place and he need my full attention for several months. I formed a bond with the staff there. You always knew someone had your back.
Pros
Customer bond, coworker bonds, comfort
Cons
poor healthcare, poor management, no breaks
First food learning business
Barista/Server (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, INDecember 28, 2016
A typical day at work for me consisted of counting the drawer and opening up the kitchen and breakfast areas. Setting the tables, rolling the silverware, making sure all ingredients and food was stocked, starting the coffee and the register all before we opened. I learned how to prepare food and coffee in a timely manner and customer service skills. The management at the time was not of the best quality. I enjoyed my co-workers, they were very helpful. The hardest part about this job was dealing with customers wit very poor manners and rude attitudes. Also the hours were not all that well. The most enjoyable part of this job were my co-workers.
Pros
Free/discounted food
Cons
No breaks, poor management, and bad hours
overall was great
Front Desk Associate (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 8, 2016
My typical day was good most of the time. I have learned from both sides which were good things and bad things. Moreover, I have learned from my mistakes and from others as well.

I also, have learned from other mangers how to manage employees and how to lead them to do and have better performance.

The Hardest job was, miscommunication between, either employees with guests or employees with mangers. I have experienced both. The most enjoyable part of my job was when a guest was so happy during his or her staying at our Hotel. Also, when our employees were happy with their jobs!
new Marriott opened. did not have the best experience
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Santa Cruz, CADecember 6, 2016
Difficult working here from the get-go. The hotel opened with about 4 housekeepers and got temp hires eventually. It was not the best experience! Had a hard time getting trained properly. Sometimes worked overtime 11 or 12 hours a day. also very poor communication from the facilities manager / housekeeping manager and sometimes inappropriate behavior . Don't think he works there anymore.
Pros
lots of hours available, get tips now and then, ..
Cons
not paid enough for the amount of labour put in, management was insensitive and work environment was extremely hectic.
Productive and relaxed workplace, where we work as a team.
Night Bistro cook, Lead Banquet chef (Former Employee) –  Rancho Bernardo, CADecember 5, 2016
My favorite place to work is the university of San Diego. the kitchen there is so user friendly. With its functional workspaces, and very knowledgeable staff. I like plating, and learning new techniques from the senior chefs. The hardest part of the day is cleaning up as a server
Pros
Free lunches and dinner, nice kitchens, the scenory changes, nice co-workers
Cons
sometimes the shifts are short, and you don't get your hours.
Marriott International –Front Desk Night Auditor
Front Desk Night Auditor (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 1, 2016
Marriott International –Front Desk Night Auditor Houston, TX
• Responsible for balancing the revenue and expense transactions, which occurred during the day at the hotel.
• Responsible for the overall operations and appearance of the front desk of the hotel.
• Perform front desk and accounting duties, along with setting alarm clocks for our guest.
• Communicated effectively both orally and in writing to management and front desk staff.
• Fulfill all guest needs by putting in ticket request and following up, and confirming with that department.
Great Costumers, amazing staff
Kitchen Attendant (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MONovember 30, 2016
Daily task was I prepped breakfast every morning, I learned how to cook in a timely manner I was taught how to be part of a real team and also learned how to inspect rooms when I also did housekeeping I learned to be well rounded in a work environment. The management was beyond amazing they made work more than work it was always fun and up beat. Hardest part of the job I wouldn't say there was a hard part I enjoyed everything about it.
Everything was enjoyable about that company.
Great Place to Learn and Grow
Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZNovember 30, 2016
A typical day at this Marriott would entail knowledge of the menu and recipes, basic knife skills, and safety and sanitation skills. I learned how to better manage my time and keep my prep organized to fully maximize my production for the work day. Management was very understanding of my schedule while I was in school and they did their best to help me learn and improve my skills. My coworkers are team players who look out for one another. The hardest part of this job is keeping a high standard for our food, even when it is extremely busy. The most enjoyable part of this job is the opportunities to learn and grow as a cook.
Pros
Great Management, Benefit Options, etc.
Cons
Repetitive, High-Stress, etc.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Marriott Vacations Worldwide. Our community is ready to answer.

Marriott Vacations Worldwide Reviews by Location