Marriott Vacations Worldwide Employee Reviews

Great company to work for.
Lead Database analyst (Former Employee), Lakeland, FLAugust 11, 2015
Pros: Bonus
Cons: Mgt
I love working here, but life changed so I have to leave. The culture is great, They allow working remotely if your job allows it.
negative experience
vacation planner (Former Employee), orlando, flAugust 7, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: alot
I was surprised at the level of what seemed like a culture that said "do what ever it takes." You were trained to ask qualifying questions at the beginning of the incoming calls. Those on the floor were not. If interested in purchasing and did not income qualify the agents would tell guest to simply say they did to receive discounted vacation package. Upper management clearly looked the other way or even sometimes requested these practices. They encouraged shifty sales tactics and were unprofessional. Policies were fly by night.
Employees are treated as second class citizens
Marketing (Former Employee), Saint Thomas USVIJuly 15, 2015
Pros: Full time you receive some health care
Cons: They don't pay enough to cover health care
I can some up two years of employment in three words, you don't matter. There are more rules on the way to get fired than there are rules to succeed. The management is unprofessional and the rules do not apply equally to all. The management only care about their numbers which effect their bonus. Any employee who helps the managers make their numbers have full range and rules are overlook. With the vacation club, the tail wags the dog. With what they pay you, you would be better off working minimum wage at a fast food restaurant.
Good work/life Balance
Environment Support and Code Deployment (Current Employee), Orlando, FLJuly 7, 2015
This company puts a premium on work/life balance, which I value highly.

Typical day at work involves coordinating between 3rd parties, vendors, outsourced work in different time zones, local resources, and overseas testers to keep swimlanes (or test environments) running to keep projects to their timelines.
Great place to work with good advancement
CONTRACT PROCESSOR (Current Employee), Lakeland, FLJuly 2, 2015
Solid and stable company to work for always looking for the next innovative thing in the field. Great room for advancement while also attaining valuable work experience.
Tough work environment with little chances of advancement
Housekeeping Coordinator (Current Employee), Orlando, FLApril 20, 2015
I have learned that they expect people to be perfect everyday with no deviation and when you have a bad day you are labeled. The hardest part of the job is trying to get answers for people but nobody is willing to give any status information for me to give. The most enjoyable part of the job is this position requires me to know everything about each room. Once you do something 'unacceptable' your are labeled and stand no chance of changing positions, since this is a hard position to fill they will do what they can to keep you in it.
No room for advancement
Engineer (Current Employee), Barony Beach Club/Hilton HeadFebruary 19, 2015
Pros: it's a job, barely
Cons: you do not matter
It does not pay to work hard. You will not make a living here. You are led to believe that there is training then when you ask about it they give a long explanation of why you can't attend training. Extreme favoritism to minorities. If you are a high school graduate do not apply. They do not want smart, hard working employees. Really you are ahead to work at a fast food joint. The way they calculate your time on the clock is unknown. You will NEVER get paid for all the time you are there. Many employees there are working under someone else s name.
Great Place to Work in a Call Center
Senior Vacation Ownership Advisor (Current Employee), South Salt Lake, UTFebruary 15, 2015
Pros: great benefits, amazing management
Cons: schedules
I have always loved working here. Such a great work environment. They treat you like a person and not a number. Schedules aren't great, but the longer you are there the better they get. The best part about working here is the management. They are absolutely amazing! They actually want to see you succeed and will do anything in order to make you personally succeed. I would definitely recomend this place to another person looking for a job.
Very fun and productive place to work.
Loss Prevention Supervisor (Current Employee), Orlando, FLJanuary 30, 2015
Marriott Vacations Worldwide is a great place to work, and can be very challenging. I have learned a lot about hospitality and customer service and patients.

My coworkers are the greatest, we are like a big family, the management is great, and always there to assist you and help with anything they can. Overall this is a great place to work and grow with the company.
Finance and Accounting Information Systems
Programmer Analyst (Former Employee), Lakeland, FL 33801January 14, 2015
Pros: excellent benifits. provided necessary tools/software. great people.
Worked for Marriott for 23 years and 11 months. Started when I was 19 years old and in my first year of Community College. I was hired part-time at minimum wage and handled mail for Sales Administration. I was always learning and continuously promoted. After 22 years our Division was spun off as its own Corporation and became a Franchise of Marriott International. The business model underwent significant change in order to sustain the business and remain profitable. Many were laid off -myself included. I was offered and elected to accept a generous severance package.
Productive and fun workplace
Senior Staff Accountant (Current Employee), Orlando, FLJanuary 4, 2015
Pros: culture and benefits
Cons: no growth
Flexible schedule and relaxed business attire. No growth in the field of accounting within the company.
Great Future
Senior Vacation Ownership Advisor (Current Employee), Salt Lake City UtahDecember 26, 2014
Pros: great incentives, trips, college reimbursement programs. you can negotiate your hours.pros out weigh the cons
Cons: you can pick between 6:45 am-3:15 shift or 10:30-7 pm shift.
Marriott Vacation Worldwide is an amazing place to work. The incentives are amazing! You have so many growth opportunities. You also have the opportunity to travel all over the world. FUN PLACE TO WORK
Ohana
Marketing Executive (Current Employee), Kapolei, HIDecember 26, 2014
I would call guests to meet me in the main lobby to pick up their welcome packets. Greet the guests, explain the resort, tell them about the island of Oahu and book them on our vacation club presentation. Management is wonderful and very helpful. Very easy to get along with as well as my co workers. Hardest part of the job is chaing the numbers. Wonderful family atmosphere throughout all departments. Great place to work!
Inside Sales
In House Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee), Orlando, FLSeptember 26, 2014
Promote awareness of brand image internally and externally. Use sales techniques that maximize revenue while maintaining existing guest loyalty to Marriott. Recognize opportunities to up-sell the customer and sell enhancements to create a better Marriott experience or event. Encourage guests or callers to purchase or schedule preview package sales/tours.
Diverse workplace that embraces various cultures
Corporate Accounting Manager - Marketing and Sales (Current Employee), Orlando, FlSeptember 14, 2014
Since I have worked at Marriott Vacations Worldwide I have gained exceptional experience and knowledge. The team I have been with works great together. We are like a family.
Great place to work.
Rooms Controller (Former Employee), Newport Coast, CAAugust 3, 2014
Great managers, very supportive. Amazing staff, everyone is very friendly.
Great family environment.
Loss Prevention Lead/Trainer (Current Employee), Orlando, FLJuly 4, 2014
Pros: associate rate discount program
Excellant comopnay to work for. benefits and discounts are great.
Marketing Executive positions are not what you expect!
Marketing Executive (Former Employee), Singer Island , FLJune 30, 2014
Pros: stay at a marriott hotel
Cons: everything else
You will regret taking this job. You sit in a bull pen and make calls for 8 hrs looking for prospects to take sales tour. Guests are hounded to death and some do break down and sign up. Many do not show up and you are penalized if they don't. Script is many pages long and you sound like a puppet when reciting it. You are treated like a second class citizen. The sales force looks down on you even though you are supplying them with appointments! Your conversations with guests are constantly being tested and you are looking over your shoulder all the time. No job security or advancement. You are quizzed about the Management Survey Test and TOLD to answer all questions with "strongly agree." What a farce! Vacation Club not part of the Hotel Division anymore. Mr. Marriott would be mortified if he knew how the Vacation Club is managed.
Too many cons that outweigh the pros
Senior Vacation Ownership Advisor (Current Employee), Salt Lake City, UTJune 28, 2014
Pros: diversity, learn more about geographical locations, decent wage
Cons: inconsistency with hr and management and typical phone job
Inbound call center. Typical day consists of 15-60 calls from owners that have purchased into the timeshare industry of Marriott. You help them plan and schedule their vacation in all aspects. Some owners ask you for help on what type of things to do at the resort and closest entertainment.

What I learned was that even though it's vacation and supposed to be enjoyable, their selected vacation dates are not always available (timeshare) where the inventory was already booked by some other owners and there is limited availability. But there are practices that are behind the scenes that as a floor rep, you don't ever get taught, but it would help you to explain it to the owner.

Management: I have never worked for a company where the management was this far disengaged from the daily activities of a typical floor associate. I earned great ratings and was demanded by a lot of owners to be their go to rep based on the service I gave them. But, once I got a good spot where I served Marriott greater purpose (special projects that directly related to decrease customer rescission on purchase of timeshare) and by being on the phones, I was limited in what I could apply for. I expressed interest and asked to be mentored by 3+ managers all to be told "Be the best agent you can be and it will not go unnoticed." Well, 4.5 years later and I was still was a floor rep. You find inconsistencies with management with no desire by the company to fix it.

Co-workers: you'll find people that have been here for 13 years that don't get treated as well as the folks that have been hired 9 months ago. But you will find a vast and diverse working group of individuals from all walks of life. That part I enjoyed. A lot of tears when I left (from the other associates).

The hardest part of my job: the busy seasons and the management.

The most enjoyable part of my job: being told that I did a good job and the very little recognition that I received made me feel that I was doing what was right.
Culture of stress and poor job security...
In-house Marketing Executive (Former Employee), Hilton Head Island, SCMay 31, 2014
Pros: income potential; benefits
Cons: no job security, high stress, poor leadership, hostile work place, low basic wage
Hilton Head In-house Marketing Executives call owners to schedule a timeshare tour under the premise of concierge services. There is no true concierge tracking or software provided, so actually performing that aspect of the job is a rudimentary task at best. Binders and outlook express.

Marriott is embarrassed by the policy that penalizes ME's when an owner no shows or cancels an appointment, so you are not allowed to gain proper commitment from the owner for an appointment. Yes, if more than 19% of your owners no show or cancel, you can lose your job. There are so many ways to lose your job, I honestly cannot list them all here.

Hence why everyone on the call center floor spends more time worried they are going to be fired for some made up infraction or performance deficit.

ME's are considered the lowest on the totem pole and are looked down upon by the sales side. Sales staff is too egotistical and will blame ME's when they are in a slump. Management perpetuates this stigma by not holding the sales execs accountable when missing opportunities.

This is truly one of those jobs where if you play dumb and keep your head down, you can cope and survive. If you have opinions and low tolerance for workplace hostility and drama...it may not be a good place for you.

$8.00 an hour plus commissions...the rules change every day; the goals change every day; and policies fluctuate based on managements' whims.

Dishonest about required work schedule and will change it on you after you begin, without warning! Not family friendly.

If you are a genuine closer, good money can be made but – more... you have to blend into the wallpaper and keep your ideas to yourself. Environment is ripe for unethical conduct my management and there are no fair and consistent practices across employee treatment.

Benefits are great too, but if you become ill keep it to yourself. if anything might take you out of the job to recover, they will dispose of you and your benefits will end at midnight that night!

Please keep in mind that Marriott Vacation Club (Timeshare) is totally separate from Marriott International (Hospitality). The timeshare side rides the coat tails of what Mr. Marriott had envisioned and it's a darn shame.

Run...just run! – less