Marriott Vacations Worldwide Employee Reviews

Found 4,833 reviews matching the search
not a career
Engineering Summer Intern (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 20, 2017
not somewhere i would like to see myself for 10 years+. workload was easy however too easy as well. did not learn anything of value except how much i did it want to do that for the rest of my life
Marriott is a great environment
Night Auditor Supervisor/Trainer (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZAugust 20, 2017
I never stayed at Marriott vacations, but Marriott International is a great work environment. Pay is not great. But environment and leadership is awesome.
Pros
Reduced room rates, Reduced daily meals, benes med, vision, hearing, LOTS of support.
Cons
Pay is not great. Reduction in hours during off-peak seasons
quick fast paced environment
Internship (Former Employee) –  Lahaina, HIAugust 20, 2017
I picked up linen and assisted housekeepers in cleaning rooms. I assisted in made bed, hand dusted and wiped clean hotel furniture fixtures. I learned how to make a bed in 5-10 minutes in Marriott standard. The management there was awesome.
Shame on Marriott
Custodian Worker (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLAugust 20, 2017
The work shift was tough and strenuous, sanitizing bathrooms and toilets, at times scrubbing walls. Sanitizing kitchens counters and sinks, cleaning coffee machines and other appliances. Sweeping and washing bathroom and kitchen floors daily. Vacuuming carpets areas daily. Dusting throughout the building daily and cleaning and dusting of glass windows. Emptying 100 +office trash cans daily and carrying trash to the dumpster. Set up and break down chairs and tables for special events.
The hardest part of the job was covering for the goof-offs and sloucher co-workers. The management was soft and indirected with the responsibilities of other co-workers.
Benefits
Cons
Backbreaking job at the lowest pay rate within Marriott.
Fast pace enviroment
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COAugust 19, 2017
you get to meet people traveling from all over the united states and able to learn how the hotel business operates , management were very kind folks and were there for you to learn or be trained on new task or assignments.
bad experiance
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Ar RiyāḍAugust 19, 2017
saudi arabian marriott hotels runs by Jordanian and Egyptians gangs.
they hire their cousins and relatives. they hate Saudis.
no way to advance also they pay just 800$ a month for Saudi's while they get paid more than $3000 a month.
Fun work place.
Head Hotel Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Palm Beach, FLAugust 19, 2017
Dedicated Front Desk Agent offering more than 1 year in the hospitality industry as well as in-depth knowledge of hotel desk operations. Consistently delivers first-rate service and fosters positive relationships with guests to promote customer satisfaction and loyalty. Tech-savvy and efficient in data entry and general operations.
Pros
learned a lot
Cons
no breaks
Okay place to work
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VAAugust 19, 2017
Okay place to work. A lot of drama between employees. Decent pay and usually willing to work around your schedule. No vacation days. Management was okay.
good
Guest Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 19, 2017
satisfactory a good company to work for. great benefits, everybody gets along with each other great management and values. everyone is held to a higher standard
wonderful environment
Bistro chef (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAAugust 19, 2017
best job thus far. they truly care about their employee's
complete career choice if its your passion. i loved it. the only reason i left was because of school.
Pros
free lunch and discounts
Cons
very strict schedules, not excluding college students
Very organized and consistent
Hospitality (Former Employee) –  Fairlawn, OHAugust 19, 2017
Everyday is pretty much repetitive and on a time frame, fast paced, the hardest part of the job is finding your own pace to finish everything on time.
Pros
A very good work out
Cons
keeping the speed
Great benefits
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IA 52403August 18, 2017
One thing i loved about the marriott was the benefits and also the perks of being an employee and traveling. Discounts on hotels in great locations were the best part of the job.
Good place to work, great people, fun enviroment
Human Resources Manager (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJAugust 18, 2017
A typical day at work was fast paced. The employees were for the most part kind and enjoyed working there. Lots of room for advancement and if you showed your worth, worked hard they recognized it. started as a part time employee, and ended up as a manager.
Productive work place
Contractor (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYAugust 18, 2017
I gained a lot of work experience here at nivas gift shop at the Marriott hotel. The work place was busy most of the time. And work task was always easy.
Pros
Great work expeirence
Cons
Short break.
a day at the job
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Layton, UTAugust 17, 2017
A typical day was good
What did I Learn nothing
Management was nice The GM was the best.
Workplace Culture back of the house is one sided
The most enjoyable part of my job is the fast-paced and at the end of my shift seeing what I had accomplished
Front Desk clerk
Front Desk Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CAAugust 17, 2017
Good general area to work at, room for growth. However management company does not think of employees as often as they should, low pay for high responsibilities.
Pros
good staff
Cons
low pay
Great Bonuses for Employees
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAAugust 17, 2017
Working for Marriott was one of the hardest most rewarding jobs I've had. Some days I would go into work and have at least 28 rooms on my board including a mixture of room styles and sizes. Working under these conditions taught me proper time management and great multitasking skills. The manager was a tough one but I'm grateful for that because it prepared me for my next hotel job which had higher standards than this one. The best part of working for Marriott is that they always reminded us of our hard work and team effort letting the staff know how much we were appreciated. They had employee luncheons almost every month occasionally giving out nice gifts such as free trips or paid time off.
Overall an amazing company to work for.
Activities Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Palm Desert, CAAugust 17, 2017
A typical day at work is interacting and buliding relationships with guests in the form of having fun. We create activities for all age groups and provide them with all the necessary tools to have a great vacation.
I've learned how to interact, communicate and work with all types of people. I've learned how to handle children of all age groups. I've learned a lot about the company and what it stands for. Every day is a new learning experience.
The management team at Marriott is outstanding. They truly care about their employees and they take care of them.
The most enjoyable part of the job is the life long impact you leave on guests and their families. Seeing them come back to look for you, watching their kids grow and knowing that I gave them memories they will always remember. Nothing is more satisfying than that.
Ok to work
Host/Server/Head Bartender (Former Employee) –  Golden, COAugust 17, 2017
I was on ok place to management was not great lots of ups and downs too many chefs and no Indians the pay wasnt great for what you had to do not very enjoyable.
Pros
fun employees
Cons
low pay
Great
Front Desk Manager (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PAAugust 17, 2017
Great place to work with alot of oppurtunities. Very buissness oriented with many ammenties.The hotel has three hundred rooms and many celeberties have stayed there.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Marriott Vacations Worldwide. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2