Marriott Vacations Worldwide Employee Reviews

Found 5,037 reviews matching the search
Good company and hotel guest experience was enjoyable
Houseman, Catering Service, Banquet server (Former Employee) –  Montvale, NJSeptember 23, 2017
The Marriott brand is very strong and I was proud to work there. Unfortunately, the hours assigned to me were at night which greatly interfered with my ability to accomplish other tasks.
Pros
Brand and guests
Cons
Shift
It was ok loved working in restaurant
Housekeeping/Laundry/Server/Front (Former Employee) –  Macon, GASeptember 23, 2017
Serving was fun. Room service too! Housekeeping was more layer back. I love working there. Just had to leave because of personal reasons. Its a pretty Kool place
Good dental, vision benefits
Bellman/Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, VASeptember 22, 2017
I learned to relate to guests from a wide variety of backgrounds while working here. I also learned to multitask across a range of job activities between maintenance and bellman demands.
Okay place to work
Gatehouse Supervisor Food and Beverage (Former Employee) –  Inverness, ALSeptember 22, 2017
As a food service supervisor enjoyed the contact with the customers. Rate of pay as compared to work expected were not in line. Too much micro management.
Pros
Customer interaction
Cons
rate of pay and number of hours given
Very good Hotel
Front Desk Attendant (Former Employee) –  Casper, WYSeptember 22, 2017
I like my everyday life at the Marriott. The only downfall was not much overtime at all if any, and also not much room to advance. I liked working for the hotel and the Rates at other Marriott's are nice.
Beautiful place to work
FOOD& BEVERAGE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLSeptember 21, 2017
beachfront with free parking. high volume with a lot of tables in your section, up to 17. stressful yet rewarding and great discount program at Marriott hotels.
Pros
discount program, free lunch
Cons
stretch staff thin to point of breaking
Marriott
Event Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LASeptember 21, 2017
Marriott is a very competitive company. They are very much corporate run, however they are know for taking very good care of their employees given they stay long enough to work.
Productive and a Fun Experience Working the Breakfast/Dinner Banquet
Breakfast/Banquet Attendant (Current Employee) –  East Rutherford, NJ 07073September 21, 2017
Every morning I flawlessly prepare the kitchen banquet for our guests. The workplace culture is energetic and positive. THe most enjoyable part of the job is the positive feedback I receive from our regular customers verbally and when they post it online. The hardest part is the early morning hours, minor though I am used to it.
Good community
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Trumbull, CTSeptember 21, 2017
The job was awesome there was plenty to do all the time I stayed with something to do . It was a very positive environment I love working at a place Where I'm comfortable in my work environment.
Pros
There's were plenty of time where they feed us lunch
Cons
The healthcare was a great plan
Warm and welcoming atmosphere
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT FOR ENGINEERING (Former Employee) –  Marco Island, FLSeptember 21, 2017
Log onto the computer and pull up ASGARD
to track work details for all engineers.
Log on to Bank of America and check our credit card activity and code each transaction according to department and account number. Gather all invoices to corroborate with transactions on the account.
Prepare all accrual transactions on spreadsheet and turn into accounting each Friday.
Order supplies and uniforms for all engineers.
File work details and inspections each morning for the previous day's events.
Call vendors and make appointments, schedule contract talks and request invoices.
Pay all bills related to Engineering, such as Waste Management, BrightView Landscaping, Condee Cooling and Electric, Schindler Elevators, HD Supply, etc.
Prepare Purchase Orders for large purchases and obtain pertinent signatures.
Pros
Great working atmosphere. No drama, no negativity.
Cons
Job Security is non existent.
Great Work environment
Front Desk Associate (Former Employee) –  Katy, TXSeptember 21, 2017
I worked front desk. I learned how to use the computer and make reservations, answer phones, use the membership cards, check out clients, and maintain the front space
Mi primer trabajo en el extranjero.
Bartender profesional. (Former Employee) –  California, USASeptember 21, 2017
En este puesto pulí mi conocimiento en la industria hotelera, y fue donde aprendí inglés. Pase por recepción, servicio de habitaciones, housekeeping, supervisor del restaurante gastronómico, y senior bartender.
Pros
La cultura en Estado Unidos, el salario y la inteligente manera de pensar y el reconocimiento laboral.
Cons
Un país difícil para vivir a la larga.
Lacking Middle Management
Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 21, 2017
Managers fail to properly advise senior management of technology changes/advances. Sadly, there are also vice presidents who are fail to ask the proper questions of their directors and/or senior managers for the same. Any/all employee decisions below the executive branch are rarely evaluated or reviewed by them.
Pros
Okay Pay
Cons
Poor management, Stressful workplace
I don't like the management.
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Greenbelt, MDSeptember 20, 2017
I start my day off with doing my patrol. At 8:30 everyone has their meetings, we are assigned our duties and on we go.I do not like my working environment, the employees are very difficult to get along with. I haven't learned much as to what i already know. Management there don't show proper leadership, fairness, nor equality. The GM mircomanages the whole hotel and everyones department. Hardest part of the job was watching what to say to people. They would take offense to any little petty thing and send you straight to HR. Most enjoyable part of the job was talking to the old timers on how the building and people used to be before the new management came in.
Pros
Cons
short breaks, stressful environment, poor management, and no budget
A learning experience
Director of Engineering (Current Employee) –  Tarrytown, NYSeptember 20, 2017
Marriott is a great place to work, all colleagues work together in a very competitive and enjoyable environment. all policies and standards are well structured and applied at daily work routines.
great place to work recomended to everyone
Executive Chef Courtyard (Former Employee) –  Waterbury, CTSeptember 20, 2017
this was a great and rewarding job. I loved the people I worked with. This job was rewarding and challenging as well. I never had a dul moment here and alweays tell people to work with the Marriott hotel chain!
not the best place to work
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 20, 2017
very bad management skill ,lock communication ,short brakes , not on equal opportunity need more training lot more improvement needed. also proper bennifits.
Did not work for Marriott Vacations
Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Cocoa Beach, FLSeptember 20, 2017
I worked for a franchise company that owned four different hotels in the area. they were not all Marriotts. I never worked for Marriott Vacations only a Courtyard Marriott
Look else where
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Lehigh Valley, PASeptember 20, 2017
Hourly employees are more valued than management. Revenue team purposely oversells which creates a hostile work environment. Wok load is not spread evenly throughout the team. Staff does not respect young professionals in authority and there is absolutely no work life balance.
Pros
occasional discounts on rooms
Cons
hostile work environment
The best hospitality company in the world
Assistant Front Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 20, 2017
The Marriott brand is the most amazing brand not only in the hotel business but across the marketplace. With their "put people first" philosophy and a culture of innovation, inclusion and respect for everyone, makes Marriott my favorite place to work. I am honored to have worked for this company.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Marriott Vacations Worldwide. Our community is ready to answer.