Marriott Vacations Worldwide

Marriott Vacations Worldwide Employee Reviews

Found 3,552 reviews matching the search
Challenging, productive and friendly environment
Group Housing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLDecember 6, 2016
Sole group housing coordinator responsible for all group reservations; schedule and handle meetings with client representatives before large scale events (conventions, conferences, etc.) to ensure the appropriate handling of client/guest concerns and needs; handling of client/guest special requests, concerns and complaints; responsible for projecting group occupancy and rates; responsible for processing commissions. Also assist with transient reservations.

I learned very fast using the programs required to the position. It was very challenging but rewarding at the same time. I like being challenged.

The hardest part was learning all the codes for MARSHA system, but once I learned, I felt very comfortable.

The most enjoyable part of the job it was being challenged everyday with something new.

The co-workers were amazing. The position requires working with several departments from the hotel, so it was very important that we all work as a team. They were very professional.
new Marriott opened. did not have the best experience
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Santa Cruz, CADecember 6, 2016
Difficult working here from the get-go. The hotel opened with about 4 housekeepers and got temp hires eventually. It was not the best experience! Had a hard time getting trained properly. Sometimes worked overtime 11 or 12 hours a day. also very poor communication from the facilities manager / housekeeping manager and sometimes inappropriate behavior . Don't think he works there anymore.
Pros
lots of hours available, get tips now and then, ..
Cons
not paid enough for the amount of labour put in, management was insensitive and work environment was extremely hectic.
Night Auditor
Guest Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Bethesda, MDDecember 6, 2016
• Assist in-store customers with choosing a cellular phone as well as a calling and data plan
• Drafted all paperwork for customers contracts set up as well as added features to accounts for data plans
• Provided and met monthly sales reports, analyses and goals
• Processed monthly bill payments in the companies “Point of Sales” system
Currently a Mess
Front Desk/Night Audit/Concierge (Former Employee) –  Racine, WIDecember 6, 2016
The Marriott I worked at was currently under renovations to become the second Delta in the U.S. In my six months working there I saw one GM quit, the VP of the owning company, who no longer is with the company, act as GM, and an "assistant GM" get hired who is acting as GM. One sales person walk out, the head of sales quit, 3 chefs in the restaurant, the long term accountant fired to "go in a different direction", but have the other accountant end up doing most of her work, and many faces in and out I was never introduced to. Also, The Front Desk Supervisor got fired for eliminating the position, and we keep hiring front desk people with "experience". For instance the Front Desk Supervisor whose been in the business, but has no idea how to use the Marriott computer system, which is what her job would consists largely of.

I understand they're trying to find a fit, but I got let go before they got very far with management.

Also, no benefits for basic staff and higher staff benefits were drastically cut.
Pros
Employee discount on rooms can be pretty good
Cons
No benenfits were available. No order in upper management.
Great Industry to work at
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Kapolei, HI 96707December 5, 2016
Great experienced, great coworkers! I will definitely come back here to work again if i come back to hawaii! Great rooms and villas also! and benefits are great!
Pros
benefits, coworkers
Cons
on call
Productive and Fun work place
Guest Services (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNDecember 5, 2016
Loved my daily duties and enjoyed working with my fellow hosts.
Enjoyed making personal connections with all of our guests both new and long term.
Pros
Locations and exemplary standard of service
Cons
inconsistent income in similar job roles
Productive and relaxed workplace, where we work as a team.
Night Bistro cook, Lead Banquet chef (Former Employee) –  Rancho Bernardo, CADecember 5, 2016
My favorite place to work is the university of San Diego. the kitchen there is so user friendly. With its functional workspaces, and very knowledgeable staff. I like plating, and learning new techniques from the senior chefs. The hardest part of the day is cleaning up as a server
Pros
Free lunches and dinner, nice kitchens, the scenory changes, nice co-workers
Cons
sometimes the shifts are short, and you don't get your hours.
decent place to work
Event Manager (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 5, 2016
Good place to work for someone looking to make a career out of it. Could use more training for young people coming in with no life experiences. But over all not bad.
benefits
Cons
work like balance
Great workplace
Baker (Former Employee) –  Provo, UTDecember 5, 2016
I enjoyed the people working here. The management and HR representatives were wonderful and helpful. It was difficult to move up or to get raises, there was a ceiling. The often looked for outside hires instead of utilizing their current staff.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Long hours, little chance for advancement
Fun productive
Front Desk/Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHDecember 5, 2016
This was an ok job. I wish they spent a little more time on the training but all in all a great company to work for. Energetic and satisfying,
Fun place to work- lots of interaction with lots of great people
Night Auditor and Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLDecember 3, 2016
Very good place to work. As a front desk and night auditor I have had the chance to interact with the customers, and challenge myself to provide great service this for five great years until I graduated from college to move onto the next step of my life which was to find a job on the heartland as an Occupational therapy assistant
itwas a fun job
Valet Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 3, 2016
good for making tip money. always went home with gas money in my pockets and a good story about the days events. would recommend to anyone.
Love
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNDecember 2, 2016
Worked here for a while and loved it! The people are nice and the rooms are very clean! I was a housekeeper and the guest always tipped and complimented.
Coworkers and training
Associated Restaurant (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLDecember 1, 2016
The work has a good program of training, which guide me thru the whole kitchen process, including sales and elaboration of the products. The coworkers are well prepared although no all of them work as team workers.
Best company to work for
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PADecember 1, 2016
Marriott, a company dedicated not only to their customer, but their employees. Is a company with one of the best cultures, you will fall to and apply it to your life.
Cons
Great company to work for
Bistro/Bar attendant (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 1, 2016
great company to work for and provides great opportunity for growth and personal development. management has been very helpful along the way and helping guiding me in the right direction.
Productive area to work for
House Keeping (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDDecember 1, 2016
I only been working for this company for a couple months but it is very professional and exciting company to work for. I would recommend this company to anyone willing to work in the housekeeping field.
Room Attendent
Guest Associate (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, KSDecember 1, 2016
The job offered somewhat steady hours, overtime is always a plus. Somedays you can make good in tips. If your looking for a steady paycheck, this is the job for you.
Pros
Steady check
Cons
pay is not that great
Marriott International –Front Desk Night Auditor
Front Desk Night Auditor (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 1, 2016
Marriott International –Front Desk Night Auditor Houston, TX
• Responsible for balancing the revenue and expense transactions, which occurred during the day at the hotel.
• Responsible for the overall operations and appearance of the front desk of the hotel.
• Perform front desk and accounting duties, along with setting alarm clocks for our guest.
• Communicated effectively both orally and in writing to management and front desk staff.
• Fulfill all guest needs by putting in ticket request and following up, and confirming with that department.
Great Costumers, amazing staff
Kitchen Attendant (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MONovember 30, 2016
Daily task was I prepped breakfast every morning, I learned how to cook in a timely manner I was taught how to be part of a real team and also learned how to inspect rooms when I also did housekeeping I learned to be well rounded in a work environment. The management was beyond amazing they made work more than work it was always fun and up beat. Hardest part of the job I wouldn't say there was a hard part I enjoyed everything about it.
Everything was enjoyable about that company.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Marriott Vacations Worldwide. Our community is ready to answer.

Marriott Vacations Worldwide Reviews by Location