Marriott Vacations Worldwide Employee Reviews

Found 4,668 reviews matching the search
Experience
Front Desk Associate (Current Employee) –  MarylandJuly 25, 2017
Great experieProcess all guest check-ins by confirming reservations, assigning room, and issuing and activating room key. Process all payment types such as room charges, cash, checks, debit, or credit. Process all check-outs including resolving any late and disputed charges. Answer, record, and process all guest calls, messages, requests, questions, or concerns. Coordinate with Housekeeping to track readiness of rooms for check-in. Communicate parking procedures to guests/visitors and dispatch bell staff or valet staff as needed. Supply guests with directions and information regarding property and local areas of interest. Run daily reports (number of arrivals, departures), identify any special requests, and check reports for accuracy. Complete designated cashier and closing reports in the computer system. Cash guests' personal checks and traveler's checks. Count bank at the beginning and end of shift. Balance and drop receipts according to accounting specifications.nce.
First step into the hotel industry.
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Independence, MOJuly 24, 2017
I always enjoyed working at the Residence Inn. It was a fun culture with a very diverse workforce. It had great employee discounts and pretty decent benefits.
Great job, lack of stability and trust in management
Front Desk Receptionist/Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, VAJuly 24, 2017
I had a great experience with all the guests that came and stayed. I learned quickly how to run the software and how to make my job more efficient. There wasn't really room to grow however, and the demand and randomness of the scheduling became an issue.
productive and fun
Auditor/Front Desk Associate (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJuly 23, 2017
the most enjoyable thing about the job with Marriott are the benefits you receive to travel.

a typical day at work is interacting with customers of all cultures. allowing you to network and much more
Productive and fast paced environment with guest from all over the United States and different countries.
Concierge Lounge Attendant (Current Employee) –  Linthicum Heights, MD 21090July 23, 2017
Breakfast, appetizers and drinks served to Elite members on a daily basis six days a week. This is set up by a friendly and enegetic attendant. The staff if eagerly available to assist the guest in whatever they may need and want.
Pros
Free meals for employee and other great benefits.
Cons
Hourly wages need to increase with greater advancements for employees within the property
Great company.
Store Clerk/Barista (Former Employee) –  Kapolei, HIJuly 23, 2017
This company always took care of their employees. Cared and made is feel important. Fun place to work. Always an adventure. Room to grow. We meet people from all over the world.
Pros
Growth and great benefits for family
Great Place
Associate (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 22, 2017
Treat employees well =.. Marriott is great company to be employed by opportunity for advancement to some degree.. Great benefits and they treat you well. Pay could be better though
More productive and you can learn more on the job.
UTILITY ENGINEER (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAJuly 22, 2017
It is stressful to work in Marriott Hotel, since there are so many guest who are demanding and since the area is too big with 24 floors. But, the Supervisors are good to handle their job and we have a team player worker to work with.
Pros
Free lunch and snacks, discount to any Marriott Hotel in the world
Cons
Health Benefits are good.
Hotel
Banquet Set Up/ Server (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 22, 2017
Room coordinator, set up tables for banquets for up to 1000 or more guests, stock service area with supplies, greet and escort guest to assigned seats, clean and reorganize banquet room for next event. As a doorman, my job was to assist all vehicles pulling onto the ramp, luggage assistants, cab service, valet cars, etc. What Ever When Ever As an Ambassador, my job was to assist any guest with anything, room service, shoes shine, laundry service, toiletries, directions around the area, coffee complimentary service, luggage storage etc....
Pros
free lunch
Cons
slow hours
best company I have ever worked for
Senior Manager - New Product Delivery (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 22, 2017
Marriott Vacation Club International is the best company to work for. Mr. Marriott taught us his most famous phrase "take care of your employees and they will take care of the customers" and he truly stands by it.
Pros
the best
Cons
nothing

Want to know more about Marriott Vacations Worldwide?

Ask a question
Loved my job and senior management, mid level management was HORRIBLE
Chef (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 22, 2017
Discipline was not carried out uniformly consistently or fairly. Time records were changed withowithout approval or employee signature. Reviews and raises were non existant
Pros
They tried to bribe employees before engagement survey so we wete treated good that week
Cons
Middle management
Best hotel to work at
server (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJuly 22, 2017
I worked at the pool restaurant. Had a lot of events outside. I mainly worked lunch but sometimes did dinner. Dinner was a very calm and relaxing ambiance.
Really boring yet comfortable work place
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Monroeville, PAJuly 21, 2017
When I worked for securitas I didn't really have to do much. I monitored the lobby kept it very neat and clean. I buzzed people in and out of the building and kept note as far as what went on and what I did for the day
Pros
Really comfy and quiet
Cons
I got some nice breaks
Fun Workplace
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Windsor Locks, CTJuly 21, 2017
Absolutely enjoyed working here, my typical day would be checking guests in and out and making sure they had a good stay. Management was very nice and would treat us well with complimentary dinners.
A positive work experience overall.
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNJuly 21, 2017
Though the manager did not display a level headedness in situations of crisis, and communication with other employees became a factor, my overall experience was a positive one. I liked my coworkers and my position.
Pros
Great group of people to work with.
Cons
Lack of comunication/ Language bariers.
stressfull
Engineer Tech II (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 21, 2017
Overtime it seems they are more about finding ways to write you up then working as a team. High turn over rate for staff, stressful work environment. Stay away
Very great company to work for!
Front Desk Manager (Former Employee) –  Hilton Head Island, SCJuly 21, 2017
Overall MVW is an amazing hospitality company to work for. Ver different from the traditional hotel setting as you work with owners and families. Lots of room for growth if you can prove yourself early in your career.
Pros
Relocation, Management Development Program, 40 hour work week
Cons
Friendly fun place to work.
Night Auditor/Front Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  College Park, GAJuly 21, 2017
Every co-workers greets you,smiles and makes you feel like you want to be there. The training was very great and effective. One thing I would say about the training is that, its a bit difficult when more than one person is training you and telling you multiple different things and everyone isn't on one accord. The guest were my most enjoyable part of the job.
Loved Working Here
Guest Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COJuly 20, 2017
Great job. Great employees. Loved the discount. I enjoyed interacting with guests. Was a bit stressful at times, and fast paced, but it seemed very balanced and there was help when needed.
Pros
Discount, Employees
Great working opportunities
Guest Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 20, 2017
As a part of my job i was involved with resolving conflicts and making the stay exceptional for our guests. I was able to connect with a guest and create memories with families and business travelers. To assist me with better experience for our guest, i required to have training on FOSSE system.

Moreover, i got opportunity to explore other departments and work as a team to create strong connection between team members.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Marriott Vacations Worldwide. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2