Marriott Vacations Worldwide

Marriott Vacations Worldwide Employee Reviews in United States

Found 3,175 reviews matching the search
productive and efficient
Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZAugust 25, 2016
open work department. begin and complete check list. hardest part of the job is to manage your work and plan ahead. Most enjoyable is the people you work with and customers you meet. I learned how to manage my time best and think ahead to stay efficient and work smarter not harder.
Comfortable
Hosekeeper (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 25, 2016
Every morning we met downstairs with the manager before we start the day. The environment was warm and welcoming as always. Everyone gets alone and work diligently.
flexible and nice
Banquet server (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLAugust 25, 2016
My position as a banquet server has a flexible working hours and it's a nice job. The hardest part is when we are short of staff. I would love to come back to my previous position as a Clinical Trial Associate because that position could help me to improve myself and could give me new opportunities.
Good work place with benifits
front desk, server (Current Employee) –  College Park, GAAugust 24, 2016
Marriott is a great company to work for. you have access to benefits. then only problem I had was with management. they were never on the same page and someone was always quitting.
Pros
great money and benifits
Cons
terriable management
Low compensation and payment
Management Trainee (Former Employee) –  Washington StateAugust 24, 2016
This is a good place to work. But the management in this property is not good enough to keep people staying... The GM is very generous to teach if you wanna learn. She is a nice and quite lady. People worked in the front desk impressive me. a lot of extra work time.this is a busy hotel.
Pros
Flexible work time
Cons
low paycheck
Was a great place to work
NIGHT AUDITOR/FRONT DESK (Current Employee) –  San Bruno, CAAugust 24, 2016
We have a new MGT team whom isn't flexible with work and life balance. Unwilling to work with employees regarding schedules and very micro managed to the t.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
life and work not balance
Sales Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXAugust 24, 2016
I like working with Marriott , It's great company
you can build your career
great rooms discount
good health insurance paln
Great Workplace- Experiences lots of culture.
Park 25 Bistro- Shift Supervisor/Lead Server (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNAugust 23, 2016
Great Workplace- Experiences lots of culture, you are able to speak with people and provide customer service to different people all over the world.
big adventure
Managed Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Beavercreek, OHAugust 23, 2016
working on a day to day basis was great you worked at your own pace and met lots of new people and got lots of training for different things that made it very interesting
fun
Executive Acc Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAAugust 23, 2016
it was nice and fun working here in this place.. but it wasn't what i expected. people that would work here were really rude specially the manager i don't like working with people like that.
Fun place to work
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARAugust 23, 2016
Working at marriott was a great experience. If certain employees did the right thing an had the right attitudes it would of made working there even better.
Pros
FREE FOOD
Cons
Over working
Fun Workplace
Reservation Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 22, 2016
Great Management. Learned alot of new things, from computers to phones. Love working from home. Answering calls and making reservation all around the world.
I appreciated the core values at Marriott International
Senior Tax Accountant (Former Employee) –  Louisville, TNAugust 22, 2016
Marriott International valued each employee and attempted to make the workplace more enjoyable each and every year. The work life balance was usually good. The co-workers that I met and worked with were the best part of the job.
Loved it, very productive
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 22, 2016
Awesome place to work at. I was always meeting new people and always someone from a different culture. The managers were awesome people. They were always trying to be very helpful.
productive place with good benefits.
Room Service Server (Former Employee) –  Falls Church, VAAugust 21, 2016
I enjoyed working at Marriott with good employees. They have a great room for growth and very good benefits. there was a lack of good supervisors at the department i worked at.
Auditor
Auditor (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEAugust 20, 2016
Amazing company and position; I'm able to work independently, audit company financial records and reports while having the flexibility of helping in other departments with the balance and blessing of day managers.
Pros
Independence
Cons
Nights from home
Disappointing
Event Concierge (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARAugust 20, 2016
A typical day for most here is to come in before the sun and leave after it goes down. Most are two faced, conniving employees who only want best for themselves and will step on you to get ahead. The upper management, HR and sales stick together and have no opinions other than what they have been told. The hardest part of this job is everything is expected of you with nothing in return and if you are below someone expect to catch all there mistakes like you did them.
Pros
all benifits
Cons
short breaks to no breaks but are still not paid rather you take them or not
SpringHill
Night Auditor/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAAugust 19, 2016
Marriott is a great company to work for, we had our strengths as well as weaknesses like any other business but we satisfied our guest and made them feel at home and not just another stay at a hotel.
Pros
relationships
Cons
better team work
Great atmosphere, nice people
Concierge (Current Employee) –  JW Marriott San Antonio Hill Country Resort & SpaAugust 18, 2016
Must be able to Multi-task. Great co-workers at concierge desk. I most enjoy planning a full itinerary for guests-allowing me the creavitity. Management is young and doesn't value a person from other backgrounds and the trade-values each brings. A typical- day there is no typical day. You must be able to stop an action and jump back into it without a break. Enjoy learning about my city, events and places to share with my guests.
Pros
working with public, meeting awesome folks
Cons
Hours- work schedule
I enjoy meeting new people .
Asst Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Beckley, WVAugust 18, 2016
My day consists of either being the Asst. Supervisor where I have to close down doors help the woman that work with me we are a team so I try to help them any way I can also I'm a housekeeper some days I make beds clean the rooms . Plus I also do laundry . I like when the whole team comes together to get the job done. The hardest part of my job is no appreciation for all the hard work I do all the days I come in when they need help.
Pros
I like working days.
Cons
No healthcare.

Marriott Vacations Worldwide Reviews by Location