Marriott Vacations Worldwide Employee Reviews

Found 4,313 reviews matching the search
demanding yet rewarding
Banquet Chef (Current Employee) –  Providence, RIMay 24, 2017
In hospitality, I learned relatively early on to expect the unexpected. Those that thrive are the individuals willing to adapt and adapt quickly. I enjoy the opportunity to lead, encourage, and develop young cooks into experienced cooks with a greater knowledge of day-to-day kitchen operations. This type of leadership is encouraged, as often times applicants lack the necessary skills but with the right personality and positive direction, new associates can learn the skills necessary to be great at their jobs.
Pros
leading, mentoring, training
Cons
production demands
Awesome experience
Cook (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAMay 24, 2017
Met a lot of great people in hotel and customers. Wouldn't mind doing it again. Unfortunately, the management team was hard to work with as well with the people I was within the kitchen
Pros
Free food, interact with guest, making new friends
Cons
favoritism, didn't hear views on all coworkers
great comapny
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEMay 24, 2017
They are a great company to work for however the benefits started to dwindle when I was employed there. The compensation was not very good either. I would however work there again.
productive work day
Front Desk Representative/Floor Person (Former Employee) –  Madison Heights, MIMay 23, 2017
typical work day was usually spent on the phone making reservations, or talking with guest and helping them with whatever they need. I was able to hear so many stories the guest had to share about their life or past experience in other countries they have been to.
the worse
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Redondo Beach, CAMay 23, 2017
this job has by far been the worse job experience, the general manager is awesome but Housekeeping management is awful and racist, I had to quit my job because they're so ignorant and show a lot of favoritism. I wouldn't work there again
Mortgage Lending and Vice President, Banking (Former Employee) –  Bethesda, MDMay 23, 2017
Marriott was a great place to work, offered excellent benefits. After 911 the economy for Marriott looked bleaked and I found another position with the Federal Government which I felt at the time would provide more stability for me and more advancement. I did not have much advancement at Marriott. Employees usually stay in their positions long term and not much turn around.
Pros
Great place to work for working mothers
Cons
Not much advancement
Enjoyed working at Courtyard by Marriot
Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Grand Junction, COMay 23, 2017
I enjoyed my time working here. I worked the night auditor at the Courtyard and also at the Residents Inn located on the same property. I worked a lot with the computers and billing
Pros
discounted rooms
Cons
Hard to find replacement for lunches and breaks
great job
Manager/ Front Desk Associate (Current Employee) –  Orangeburg, NYMay 22, 2017
i enjoy my job can complain pays my bill and I go to work every day and I still cant clai every good on this side of time all good over her it all fine
A great place to intern
Intern (Former Employee) –  Hilton Head Island, SCMay 22, 2017
This was a great place to intern. I feel as if I learned a lot and gained a greater understanding of how all the different departments work together to create a wonderful atmosphere for their guests. The staff is very friendly and always willing to help the interns learn and grow.
Not very hospitable
Hotel Operator (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNMay 22, 2017
I found the Management to be extremely disrespectful to my personal needs. I was in multiple situations where they needed to intervene on my behalf and either refused to do so or took their time. The idea of advancing or promotion was never given, I was never made aware of anything but mistakes that had been made during my shift, and this long after anything could be done to correct them. I worked overnight, and this shift is mostly forgotten.
relaxed sometime too slow
Front Desk Associate (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCMay 22, 2017
Constant connection with guest when checking them and out, even just making sure you can do your best in making reservations. Maintain the Marriott standard by keeping your uniform well pressed and maintain a high level of customer service.
Pros
great family and friends discounts. wondeful guest you meet
Cons
after check out the very slow period.
Rotating Work Schedule
Night Auditor (Full-Time) (Former Employee) –  Keene, NHMay 21, 2017
The pay isn't good and the rotating weekly work schedules makes it very difficult to plan your schedule outside of work. Job satisfaction can be very high when you're complimented by happy guests.
Pros
Job Satisfaction
Cons
Pay, Work Schedule, Disrespectful Guests
FairField insight
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Hattiesburg, MSMay 21, 2017
Working at Fairfield had its up and downs. I was a housekeeper and the job overall was good. I didn't like that we didn't have a set time to get off work and some days would be very crazy. My job was to make sure rooms were clean and ready for the next guest to stay. I also had to do Stay Over rooms which those were rooms guest would stay in weeks at a time. I would say I'm very trustworthy because people have valuable things and it was my place to go in clean their room without messing up anything of theirs. The staff was great.
Conference hotels can mean long hours
Room Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 21, 2017
I was room service 3rd shift supervisor with long hours which meant a poor work life balance. While servicing the standard rooms and suites we would often be asked and help with the convention events. This often meant after a normal shift you be asked to use one of the rooms to sleep for a few and be back for another shift. If you are a natural night owl and can handle it you might make a perfect fit.
Pros
The food and stories you will get to hear or see
Cons
3rd shift, over worked
good
Front Desk Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 21, 2017
typical check in check out, troubleshoot problems, close pool, balance folios, management company mishandled a lot of stuff, didn't match up to Marriott brand standards
Franchise is not the way to go
Kitchen Manager, Front Desk Associate (Former Employee) –  Oxford, ALMay 21, 2017
Marriott Franchise operators sometimes are not the best to work for. While the owner of the hotel was mostly fair they had unreasonable expectations. Was worked 7 days a week for 37 days straight. Company was sold out with little notice. Marriott Corporate is different. The corporate policies are much better would have liked a chance to transfer to a corporate atmosphere. I did love working with the people and learning the hospitality industry.
Pros
Discounted rooms
Cons
no healthcare for franchise
Negative
Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARMay 20, 2017
A meeting starts the morning, with nothing but negativity and what we do wrong, being called lazy by the housekeeping managers. We are expected to do everything in a short amount of time or get picked on. The GM is friendly. Other departments look down on you and think you are nothing more than a maid who is dumb. The most enjoyable part of my day is clocking out and running out the building. The hardest part is waking up and knowing I have to go to work. Its not the job itself that stinks, its the department manager.
Pros
job
Cons
2 breaks the day, negative environment, overworked, underpaid, no encouragement
Love Courtyard
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 20, 2017
Courtyard is a good company to work for, always going above and beyond to ensure client satisfaction. Great company to work for and definitely recommended
Guest are Great, Management Needs Adjustments
Front Desk Associate (Former Employee) –  Tanasbourne, ORMay 19, 2017
The guests were really fun to work with. Honestly the best part of the job were the guests. The management has no understanding that circumstances arise where you PHYSICALLY cannot make it into work, but they will pressure you to come in no matter what. If you have a fever, you are expected to come in or get written up. They will even go as far as telling you to take an Uber that they will not reimburse you for.

Scheduling is an issue as we had a meeting and nothing was heard. We always have split days off or they will give you your weekend at the beginning of one week, then the following week give it to you at the end of the week so you legally work two weeks straight. Trying to get that fixed we gave idea's as management said to, but they didn't bother to consider anything.

These are only a few things, but needless to say I would not recommend.
Front Desk
Guest Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAMay 19, 2017
Excellent Company to work for. Employees are great. You have room for advancement, great benefits, and 401k . Marriott allows to advance within the company

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Marriott Vacations Worldwide. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2