Marriott Vacations Worldwide Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
good place to grow
Chief Engineer (Former Employee) –  Foothill Ranch, CASeptember 26, 2017
good place to grow - many make a long term career at Marriott.
Benefits are excellent especially when you have a family.
Pay scale is subject to number of rooms ea property has.
Marriott is a great place to work
Front Desk Associate/Night Auditor (Current Employee) –  Jackson, TNSeptember 25, 2017
I love the opportunity for career advancement. Marriott definitely offers the chance to do that. They also offer employees the resources to take courses.
Great Place to Work
Night Audit Clerk (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILSeptember 25, 2017
Job has Low Pay but it is an overall great place to work all employees are clean friendly and very respectful. The hours are good and the hotel is nice.
N/a
Cook 1 (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GASeptember 25, 2017
Marriot is an average place work. But wages are very low. I think the wages need to be looked at very carefully. They need to offer more finance for better employees.
Pros
Relaxed atmosphere
Cons
Management authority
Fun & face pace place to work
Front Desk Receptionist/Agent (Former Employee) –  Newark, CASeptember 25, 2017
Management was forever changing, so it was not consistent. My most recent manager was great. Easy schedule and flexibility especially if you are in school. Workplace is good, and easy going. There is always a checklist for both morning and evening duties which made the job easier. A lot of customer service, customer's are always right unless they do harm. Best part of the job was the discounts!
Pros
discounts, flexibility
Cons
Overtime, balance between work and life can be affected, stressful at times
Blah blah
General Manager/Beverage Manager (Former Employee) –  Fargo, NDSeptember 25, 2017
Great place to work benefits are great. Long hours but its a hotel job, if you dont know that going in you have no business being in the industry. Whiny cooks.
Pros
bbbb
Cons
bbbbb
Work life balanace is low but if you are passion about hopsitality this is a good place to start
Sales & Marketing Executive (Former Employee) –  WorldwideSeptember 24, 2017
Same as provided in Review summary. Sales and marketing function is tough as you are required to meet the quota, but the work and portfolio will do the job on its own for you to exceed quota as long as you know what you are doing-- hospitality and customer service mentality is a must nonetheless.
Truly enjoyed this job
In Room Dining Server (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZSeptember 24, 2017
At this job I severed as a in room dining server and also cross trained as a banquet server. It was the best and most fun of all the jobs I have ever worked with excellent pay.
Good place to work with friendly co workers
ASSISTANT HEAD HOUSEKEEPER (Former Employee) –  Billings, MTSeptember 24, 2017
It was a fun place to work somewhere i enjoyed to wake up and go to work. I would recommend anyone to work for this company. I received pay raises often and also got paid vacation hours every year.
Pros
Helpful friendly staff
Cons
Healthcare
long hours, fast paced
Administrative Assistant, Banquet server (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYSeptember 24, 2017
this job was very fast paced and included long hours, about
45 to 55 per week. You need to be able to help out in all areas
of hotel if needed. the job was fun
Pros
people
Cons
I actually liked working here
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Kettering, OHSeptember 24, 2017
I actually like working here, ran out of linen from time to time but the environment was okay management was okay just need better pay and more employee incentives, I probably would go back if I had better pay
Pros
Occasional meals for staff
Cons
Sometimes running out of supplies, having to work behind people that did have a job and make your job harder working behind them
Fun Place
Front Desk Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Canton, OHSeptember 24, 2017
It is a great place to work and I've gained a lot. I meet new people everyday and there is always something interesting going on at our hotel. Staff is friendly and so is the management.
Good company and hotel guest experience was enjoyable
Houseman, Catering Service, Banquet server (Former Employee) –  Montvale, NJSeptember 23, 2017
The Marriott brand is very strong and I was proud to work there. Unfortunately, the hours assigned to me were at night which greatly interfered with my ability to accomplish other tasks.
Pros
Brand and guests
Cons
Shift
It was ok loved working in restaurant
Housekeeping/Laundry/Server/Front (Former Employee) –  Macon, GASeptember 23, 2017
Serving was fun. Room service too! Housekeeping was more layer back. I love working there. Just had to leave because of personal reasons. Its a pretty Kool place
Good dental, vision benefits
Bellman/Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, VASeptember 22, 2017
I learned to relate to guests from a wide variety of backgrounds while working here. I also learned to multitask across a range of job activities between maintenance and bellman demands.
Okay place to work
Gatehouse Supervisor Food and Beverage (Former Employee) –  Inverness, ALSeptember 22, 2017
As a food service supervisor enjoyed the contact with the customers. Rate of pay as compared to work expected were not in line. Too much micro management.
Pros
Customer interaction
Cons
rate of pay and number of hours given
Very good Hotel
Front Desk Attendant (Former Employee) –  Casper, WYSeptember 22, 2017
I like my everyday life at the Marriott. The only downfall was not much overtime at all if any, and also not much room to advance. I liked working for the hotel and the Rates at other Marriott's are nice.
Beautiful place to work
FOOD& BEVERAGE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLSeptember 21, 2017
beachfront with free parking. high volume with a lot of tables in your section, up to 17. stressful yet rewarding and great discount program at Marriott hotels.
Pros
discount program, free lunch
Cons
stretch staff thin to point of breaking
Marriott
Event Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LASeptember 21, 2017
Marriott is a very competitive company. They are very much corporate run, however they are know for taking very good care of their employees given they stay long enough to work.
Productive and a Fun Experience Working the Breakfast/Dinner Banquet
Breakfast/Banquet Attendant (Current Employee) –  East Rutherford, NJ 07073September 21, 2017
Every morning I flawlessly prepare the kitchen banquet for our guests. The workplace culture is energetic and positive. THe most enjoyable part of the job is the positive feedback I receive from our regular customers verbally and when they post it online. The hardest part is the early morning hours, minor though I am used to it.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Marriott Vacations Worldwide. Our community is ready to answer.