Marriott Vacations Worldwide Employee Reviews

Found 4,507 reviews matching the search
Marriott isn't bad
FRONT DESK ASSOCIATE/SALES (Current Employee) –  Murray KYJune 25, 2017
I love working for Marriott. They are very loyal to their employees and do what they can to ensure jobs as long term career building jobs. If you can stick through the stress of management then it's worth it....
Pros
cheaper rooms
Cons
bad management
Bajos ingresos
Houseman (Former Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLJune 25, 2017
Mala organizacion al momento de dar los dias libres ya que a veces cuando en verdad se necesita el personal no esta y cuando no hay demasiados.
Okay place to work, but poor management
Contract Manager (Former Employee) –  Bethesda, MDJune 25, 2017
I enjoyed working with some of my colleagues at Marriott, but the middle and upper management is frustrating and the culture of CYA is not healthy for collaboration in my opinion. Long-term employees are frustrated by being stuck without opportunities for advancement, regardless of their current level of seniority.
Loved it
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Hattiesburg, MSJune 24, 2017
Wonderful place to work
friendly atmosphere and environment
typical day was check in and out of the guest
hardest part was maintaining the noise level because of the thin walls
Great people to work with but no room for advancement
Bistro Attendant (Former Employee) –  Collegeville, PAJune 24, 2017
Made some good friends working at this job. It was a pleasant environment to work in. Everyone depended on one another. Just was not enough pay or room to move into management.
Pros
Early days
Cons
Run out of items.
Ok
Accountant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 23, 2017
Ok company to work for. Some hotels privide free lunch, other do not. Some offices provide free parking, while others don't.

Yearly review with increase.
Pros
Free lunch
I really liked do the breakfast i enjoyed talking to the guest
Breakfast Attendant (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJune 23, 2017
I had a good time meeting new people and the guest for the most part were over friendly. But some of the staff there werent so friendly,they shouldnt been in there postion.I got fired over one complaint;. I would have there 2 yrs. that wads really missed up because only one complaint in 2yrs. I think that is dam good for me.
Pros
best place i liked to work at
Cons
Some people of the staff shoudnt have been there but now they are gone
Specifically for Laguna Cliffs in Dana Point
Cook (Former Employee) –  Dana Point, CAJune 23, 2017
If you are considering going for a cook position, rethink it. I started off working 4pm-12:30am. I asked for earlier schedules since I was going to school in Pomona, however I never got it. I never got benefits even though I was full time. The employees are excellent, however.
Pros
employees are fun
Cons
management
enjoyable
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Poland OhioJune 22, 2017
good place to work, nice benefits - provided a nice opportunity for me to reach my goal as a general manager. I would recommend Marriott Worldwide to friends and family.
Great Place to work with great benefits
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 22, 2017
Great place to work with great benefits. Management was supportive and the staff was very supportive to one another as well. There was never a dull moment on this job.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
Good benefits
Head of housekeepers
HOUSE KEEPING (Former Employee) –  Durango, COJune 22, 2017
This job was very fun and very good working experience with working with the Marriott everyone the poll workers management everyone was very welcome and very fun and very awesome to work.
Pros
People was great
Cons
Very hrd to leave that job
productive
Night Audit/Guest Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Normal, ILJune 22, 2017
The Marriott is an awesome place to work, in regards to gaining professional development this is the company you want to work. During my time at the Marriott I not only gained excellent customer service skills I also was able to gain hands on networking training on building my network as a professional.
Fun place to work
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 22, 2017
I liked working here, I only left because it was the end of my contract and they weren't hiring at the time. The staff is great and they were vey flexible
Good place to learn the hospitality industry
Night Auditor (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, CAJune 22, 2017
Check figures, posting, and documents for accuracy. Record, store, access, and analyze computerized financial information. Control and secure cash and cash equivalents for property according to cash handling policy and procedures. Organize, secure, and maintain all files and records in accordance with document retention and confidentiality policies and procedures. Prepare and audit, maintain, and distribute statistical, financial, accounting, auditing, payroll reports and tables. Audit and reconcile all revenue postings.
Nice cool job.
Banquet Set-up (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJune 22, 2017
A typical day at work is busy. You have to make sure the room is set, the customer is satisfied that they have the things they need as well as other things for there event to be successful. I've learned a few things at while working in my department as well, things such as bar tending as well as serving a party and setting a buffet etc... The most enjoyable part of my job is when i see the satisfaction that the clients have after the event was successful and knowing that i was apart of the team that put that satisfaction in them is what i enjoy the most.
Pros
The food
Typical of the industry
Front Desk/Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXJune 22, 2017
Their policies in regard to serving the customer are in stark conflict with their actual practice. There is a lot of confusion when serving guests, they constantly overbook and when a guest shows up after having made a reservation and there are no rooms available (or a type they didn't request) they are basically out of luck and on their own.
Pros
Night shift afforded a lot of down time for study and job seeking
Cons
Pay is bad
Awesome.
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Andover, MAJune 22, 2017
A typical day at work was cleaning rooms. I learned how working at a hotel was like and how difficult customers can be. The hardest part of my job was making sure the rooms pass inspection and that I cleaned it properly.
Would not recommend
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, INJune 21, 2017
In addition to customer service representative, I was expected to do duties far beyond my job requirements (facilitate the entire breakfast, clean it up, do dishes for around 3 hours, all while simultaneously expected to be monitoring the front desk). The women were rude and would sabotage you out of jealousy of physical appearance. No room for upwards mobility and was not paid justly.
Cons
Low salary, work out of your job description
quick pace
Assistant Executive Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLJune 21, 2017
This job requires you be be on your toes. You have to be quick, thorough, and always aware of your attitude.Management could be better. Sometimes the communication with management is not there and the employee gets blamed for mistakes. It's not fair, but it happens. I will say when when the vibe is positive, the workplace is a wonderful place to be in. The culture reflects the positive atmosphere and with that the guest are happy. The guest are what makes the job worth it coming to. There are some pretty awesome people that come and visit.
fun work environment
Banquet Server/ Bartender (Current Employee) –  Ypsilanti, MIJune 21, 2017
No room fro advancement… i worked there for 3 years and was promised a position in management. broke my leg and then was fired the company also failed to provide a safe work environment.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Marriott Vacations Worldwide. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2