Marriott Vacations Worldwide

Marriott Vacations Worldwide Employee Reviews in United States

Found 3,167 reviews matching the search
Great Workplace- Experiences lots of culture.
Park 25 Bistro- Shift Supervisor/Lead Server (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNAugust 23, 2016
Great Workplace- Experiences lots of culture, you are able to speak with people and provide customer service to different people all over the world.
big adventure
Managed Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Beavercreek, OHAugust 23, 2016
working on a day to day basis was great you worked at your own pace and met lots of new people and got lots of training for different things that made it very interesting
fun
Executive Acc Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAAugust 23, 2016
it was nice and fun working here in this place.. but it wasn't what i expected. people that would work here were really rude specially the manager i don't like working with people like that.
Fun Workplace
Reservation Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 22, 2016
Great Management. Learned alot of new things, from computers to phones. Love working from home. Answering calls and making reservation all around the world.
I appreciated the core values at Marriott International
Senior Tax Accountant (Former Employee) –  Louisville, TNAugust 22, 2016
Marriott International valued each employee and attempted to make the workplace more enjoyable each and every year. The work life balance was usually good. The co-workers that I met and worked with were the best part of the job.
Loved it, very productive
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 22, 2016
Awesome place to work at. I was always meeting new people and always someone from a different culture. The managers were awesome people. They were always trying to be very helpful.
productive place with good benefits.
Room Service Server (Former Employee) –  Falls Church, VAAugust 21, 2016
I enjoyed working at Marriott with good employees. They have a great room for growth and very good benefits. there was a lack of good supervisors at the department i worked at.
Auditor
Auditor (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEAugust 20, 2016
Amazing company and position; I'm able to work independently, audit company financial records and reports while having the flexibility of helping in other departments with the balance and blessing of day managers.
Pros
Independence
Cons
Nights from home
Disappointing
Event Concierge (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARAugust 20, 2016
A typical day for most here is to come in before the sun and leave after it goes down. Most are two faced, conniving employees who only want best for themselves and will step on you to get ahead. The upper management, HR and sales stick together and have no opinions other than what they have been told. The hardest part of this job is everything is expected of you with nothing in return and if you are below someone expect to catch all there mistakes like you did them.
Pros
all benifits
Cons
short breaks to no breaks but are still not paid rather you take them or not
SpringHill
Night Auditor/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAAugust 19, 2016
Marriott is a great company to work for, we had our strengths as well as weaknesses like any other business but we satisfied our guest and made them feel at home and not just another stay at a hotel.
Pros
relationships
Cons
better team work
Great atmosphere, nice people
Concierge (Current Employee) –  JW Marriott San Antonio Hill Country Resort & SpaAugust 18, 2016
Must be able to Multi-task. Great co-workers at concierge desk. I most enjoy planning a full itinerary for guests-allowing me the creavitity. Management is young and doesn't value a person from other backgrounds and the trade-values each brings. A typical- day there is no typical day. You must be able to stop an action and jump back into it without a break. Enjoy learning about my city, events and places to share with my guests.
Pros
working with public, meeting awesome folks
Cons
Hours- work schedule
I enjoy meeting new people .
Asst Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Beckley, WVAugust 18, 2016
My day consists of either being the Asst. Supervisor where I have to close down doors help the woman that work with me we are a team so I try to help them any way I can also I'm a housekeeper some days I make beds clean the rooms . Plus I also do laundry . I like when the whole team comes together to get the job done. The hardest part of my job is no appreciation for all the hard work I do all the days I come in when they need help.
Pros
I like working days.
Cons
No healthcare.
Great career move for anyone
Group and Hotel Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZAugust 17, 2016
Recession proof industry, for a millennial like myself, Marriott is a phenomenal place to learn, grow, and find your career and professional potential.
Pros
Experience
Cons
Pay was horrible for the work done.
Great job, horrible pay, currupt management
Night Auditor (Current Employee) –  North Kingstown, RIAugust 17, 2016
I was with this company for 4 years. The job itself was wonderful, the days just flew by. However the compensation and management withing this company is far from it.
Great customer service environment
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLAugust 17, 2016
Superior customer service environment where employer and guests recognize one's efforts in numerous ways...employee advancement opportunities abound here
Pros
Festive environment
Cons
24/7 environment
Fun team we worked well together
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 17, 2016
The guest at this property were great, It seemed so natural being able to build rapport with the business cliental. My sales coordinator was also great.
Group Housing Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Phoenix AZAugust 16, 2016
Great place to work hotel benefits are a great perk. Work life balance great support team training is top notch travel benefits are amazing. Health benefits
Supportive
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMAugust 16, 2016
Supportive and willing to educate and grow associates. This company takes care of its associates which they believe if they do that then they will take care of the guests in return.
Brand Opportunities
Night Auditor/Manager On Duty (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 16, 2016
Marriott is everywhere! No matter where I've been there was never a shortage of rooms or options to select from for employees! There was never a hassle to book a reservation for myself or my family!
Fun interacting with the guest that comes to check in
Guest Service Representative / Night Auditor (Current Employee) –  North Little Rock, ARAugust 16, 2016
The Residence Inn Marriott is not a bad place to work in, has a good atmosphere to work and for guests. The only thing is it needs to be ran better. But overall I like my job here as the night auditor.

Marriott Vacations Worldwide Reviews by Location