Marriott Vacations Worldwide Employee Reviews

Found 4,185 reviews matching the search
Top best work place that is also a fun place to work
Night Auditor / Guest Service Host (Former Employee) –  Tampa Bay, FLApril 30, 2017
I is always an adventure working with Marriott and with such a diverse group of people who also enjoy working together We all have a wonderful relationship and work well together from each and every department we always seem to make it fun for everyone which in turn makes it worthwhile coming to work.
Pros
always meeting different people daily from all over the globe
Cons
sometimes to short staff on busy days
Extremely stressful work environment.
Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKApril 30, 2017
At the Marriott that i be work, the work place was very stressful. More than half the time I did not have the linens I needed, and with one of the houseman I had I wouldn't receive the linens between 12:30 and 2:00p.m.. Needless to say it was not a well ran business.
Pros
The pay was good.
Cons
Always ran out of linen, on average each housekeeper would have close to 35 rooms a day, there was rarely any team work, and the room inspector would take the housekeepers tips.
productive
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Pompano Beach, FLApril 29, 2017
Patrol industrial and commercial premises to prevent and detect signs of intrusion and ensure security of doors, windows, and gates; Answer alarms and investigate disturbances; Monitor and authorize entrance and departure of employees, visitors, and other persons to guard against theft and maintain security of premises; Write reports of daily activities and irregularities, such as equipment or property damage, theft, presence of unauthorized persons, or unusual occurrences; Call police or fire departments in cases of emergency, such as fire or presence of unauthorized persons; Circulate among visitors, patrons, and employees to preserve order and protect property.
very high paced
Banquet Cook (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 29, 2017
I enjoyed working for the Marriott I would highly recommend it to others. would do it again over and over again. don't want to work anywhere else. ever.
What I learned
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Farmington,NMApril 29, 2017
What I learned from this job is how to work as a team. As a housekeeper our goal is to keep the guest happy and room clean at all time. And to work together, helping one another to get every guest rooms clean as soon as possible. if one finish early we be helping with theirs rooms that need to be cleaned. The goal was to finish all rooms by 2pm. We all worked as a team to create a problem free hotel.
Great place for an internship
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Ithaca, NYApril 29, 2017
For someone who was straight out of school doing their OPT, this was a great opportunity. I had a chance to learn Front Office as well as Housekeeping. It was a nice experience,
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 29, 2017
Wonderful plaxe to work my day would start by coming in and coming up with the special for the day. Help with banquets and i would end the day by cleaning and doing inventory before locking up
Great place
Assistant Chocolatier/bakers helper (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 28, 2017
Friendly staff and very fast paced. Being one of the largest Marriotts in the world it's a very demanding job but pay's off in the end. Food is great and pastries are beautiful.
Front Desk Manager (Former Employee) –  Saint Augustine, FLApril 28, 2017
Great place to work for. Stressful at some times but you learn something everyday. Customer service is a must and you will learn how to adjust to the market in your area.
Pros
Meet new People everyday
Restaurant Manager and Banquet Manager
Restaurants Manager and Banquet Manager (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAApril 27, 2017
In charge of restaurant and room service for 365 room hotel. Later moved to Banquets and in charge of staffing for functions from as little as 10 to the 2000.
Flexible work place
Internship (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAApril 27, 2017
I loved working at this hotel as an intern because of the management and also the co workers they Meade you feel like you were at home. What I learned from this job/internship was to always be yourself.
Excellent place to work
Server (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 27, 2017
Marriott is an excellent place to work if you're looking to get into the hospitality industry. Hours are flexible and the management is always there to help. Coworkers become your second family.
Fun
Night Auditor/Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYApril 27, 2017
Working for marritt hotel is a awesome place to work. Room for advancements, relocations, meeting different vendors, helping customers on where they need to go
Fun workplace
Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Ankeny, IAApril 27, 2017
Fun workplace, with great management and employees. Good benefits, with decent pay. The only thing is working nights. That is just a day persons opinion. Other than that. A good place to start a career in hospitality.
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLApril 26, 2017
Awesome place to work, professional, the discounts are good. I will recommend this place to work. Need to move on because I need something better for myself and my kids.
Pros
DISCOUNTS
Cons
SHORT BREAKS
Company I worked for is no longer in existence
Food Service Director (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 26, 2017
The company I worked for was Marriott Management Services. This company no longer exists, Marriott is no longer doing this type of business. As the company no longer exists, the site brought this up as Marriott Vacations Worldwide; I cannot review.
Good Benefits
Front Desk Manager (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALApril 26, 2017
Company with great benefits for employees such as room discounts. Management is only concerned about there bonus and not the advancement of low level employees.
Pros
room discounts
Cons
management lacks leadership
This job was cool.
Housekeeping and lobby aide. (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COApril 26, 2017
Usual, slow, busy i would get my hrs i wanted.
Learning new things and letting me help others
was good and friendly lets me talk out and ask ?'S
Miss it back home and loved the people
Not getting heard when i need to ask.
good people and i met my #1 friend there and we still stay in touch for (21yrs).
Pros
I got to choose for lunch breaks.
Cons
I tried one dept. and hated it.
fun work environment
Guest Services Manager (Former Employee) –  Farmington, NMApril 26, 2017
Everyday is a different day the Marriott. You meet wonderful people and hear wonderful stories. Its one of the best jobs i had. I was the Guest Services Manager and also conducted morning rallies encouraged employees to do their best beyond their potential. I knew about 80% of my members and they enjoyed and loved that i knew their accommodations wants and needs. I always put the guest first.
Pros
great room rates
Cons
wish i was able to travel to visit other Marriotts
Good work environment
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTApril 26, 2017
Marriott is an excellent company to work for.....
not an easy job but do learn a lot. Great workplace culture.
you can set your own schedule.
I learned a lot there and love my co-workers ; very congenial.
Management vested in seeing employees do well on the job and advance.
Pros
great work environment
Cons
do not always get a lot of advance notice for sched

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Marriott Vacations Worldwide. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2