Marriott Vacations Worldwide Employee Reviews

Standard Focused and Organized
Banquet Server (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COOctober 20, 2017
At The Marriott I learned strong organization skills, time management and detail orientation to company standards. Typically management was strong leading, motivating and productive. The culture was about high standards and positive energy. The hardest part of the job was time management, getting set-up and food served in a timely and orderly manner. I really enjoyed the themes of the banquets, positive atmosphere and detail to organization.
Pros
Free Food, Consistent Hours
Cons
No Healthcare Benefits
Great Extended Stay Hotel
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INOctober 20, 2017
Fantastic place to work if you intend to make hospitality your career. Management team takes an active interest in the growth of each of their workers and do their best to provided the tools needed to get there.
Pros
Discounts
Good company
Guest Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 20, 2017
Marriott was a good company with wonderful benefits but there were slight troubles with management at the time of my employment. The manager was rude and did not seem to care for her job so it made communication difficult. Other than that the company was good all around.
Pros
good discounts, great benefits
Cons
Management was unhelpful
Good place yo work
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNOctober 19, 2017
Staff was great i was treated fairly if only it wasn't temporary it was a job i really enjoying doing especially with being trained i really needed the experience along with other jobs Marriott is a good company a good place to work.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Short breaks
Fast pace job
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Romulus, MichiganOctober 19, 2017
Change bed linens, towels, and trash. Clean elevator and vacuum hallways and mop floors, pool area, and lobby. The hardest was learning to keep with the pace. The most enjoyable was cleaning and learning to fold towels the proper form. The management was very fair and willing to give you an opportunity
Pros
Teaching you how to fold bed linen the proper way.
Cons
N/a
Great oppitunity
Housekeeping Aide (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 19, 2017
It was a great job. The starting pay is above average. The management team was great they treated there employees with respect. Benefits where up to pair . To me this job was great in all areas.
Great Company
Worldwide Reservation agent (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEOctober 19, 2017
I loved working for Marriott. It was like a big family and they were always there for their employees. If you want a great place to build a career this would be the company for you.
great place to meet new people
Front Desk Manager (Former Employee) –  Warner Robins, GAOctober 19, 2017
I liked getting to meet new people traveling from all over the world. There is an opportunity for advancement if you decide to move into a different position.
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
low pay. no benefits. not enough hours in scheduling week.
its a ok work place
Bartender (Current Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCOctober 19, 2017
working for Marriott is ok i just wish more hours were available and also complaints were taken seriously. and I feel like I wasn't valued as a employee.
Pros
discounts on rooms
Cons
no breaks some days and some employees got special treatment.
Marriott is one of the best
Assumed responsibilities of Director of Security (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAOctober 19, 2017
By far, one of the best companies that I have worked for. I wish that I did not have to leave. Great work culture. Work at the hotel was always fun, They taught me how hospitality is supposed to be
and guests loved us for our hospitality. The company cares for its employees. Management was consistent and caring. There was good work/ life balance.
Pros
everything
Nice low stress atmosphere
Loss Prevention Officer (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 18, 2017
I like working here. The job is a good fit for me. I like being around people and for the most part there isn't a lot of stress to the job, though there are times when it can be quite stressful. But I need to make more money than I am currently making. That's the real reason I'm looking elsewhere.
Pros
Low stress
Cons
Lack of upward mobility.
Awesome Experience
Server / Bartender (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 18, 2017
At Marriott you are treated as a guest when you are coming onto the team.
Positive working environment as well as excellent pay.
They look to work with you and help you grow.
Pros
Care for employees
Cons
Short Breaks
Marriott
Recreation Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLOctober 18, 2017
I work for Marriott Intl. at the Resort / Full Service in Ft Lauderdale Florida as a Recreation Supervisor. I don't have any experience working at the Vacation Clubs although I have stayed at them .
Fun company with room for advancement
Beverly Hills - Front Desk Agent/PBX (Former Employee) –  Beverly Hills, CAOctober 17, 2017
Marriott was a really cool place to work for. They provided employee meals every shift, and really took pride in making sure all employees were well-versed on the protocol.
Overall it is a great place to work.
Guest Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 17, 2017
Some people are great to work with while others aren't. You aren't entitled to a break unless it is a very slow day. Some managers are professional, some aren't.
Pros
Free breakfast
Cons
No breaks, poor management
Magnificent work place
House Keeping Aid (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 17, 2017
truly a magnificent experience working at the Marriott Marquis, would work for them again if I was hired for another opening. The employees and employers were very polite and treat their employees with the up most respect. Being at the height of broadway was an experience all to it self. The rooms are exquisite with their big beds and fluffy pillows. The views out of their windows are extremely amazing, I truly felt like a Maid in Manhattan.
No Comments
Custom Relations Associates (Former Employee) –  Greenbelt, MDOctober 17, 2017
I did not work for Marriott Vacations Worldwide. I worked for the hotel in all departments giving awesome customer service and training new employees. I work in room service, restaurant, front desk. I cannot not tell you anything about Marriott Vacation Worldwide. Working for Marriott Hotel was exciting, you meet new people and entertainers daily.
Pros
no comments
Cons
no comments
Relaxed Atmosphere
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Portland, OROctober 17, 2017
A very laid-back work environment with flexible managers, it was very easy to be successful at the Marriott. The drawback therein, is that it is easy for employees to become unmotivated and lackadaisical, creating a frustrating work atmosphere.
Pros
Good compensation, flexible
Cons
Lack of accountability, not a lot of shift coverage available
Great Opportunities
Guest Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 17, 2017
I loved working for this company. The benefits were great. They treated there employees as if they were very important. I would love to work for this company again.
Good place to work but no advancement for night auditors
Front Desk Agent/Night Auditor (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNOctober 17, 2017
I like working for Marriott, however because I work the Night Audit, I am looked over for advancement opportunities, even though I more qualified than the candidates who are being promoted. Also, it seems as if raises are non existent.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Marriott Vacations Worldwide. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2