Marriott Vacations Worldwide Employee Reviews

Found 4,332 reviews matching the search
Productive place
Houskeeping (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAMay 27, 2017
No your proper grammar with being in a sufficiently place like this.just act like you have since.and be as neat as possible at everything you do there
Productive and busy day
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXMay 27, 2017
Cleaning and organizes rooms in a quick and effective manner. Key replacing room amenities and linens, removing trash, dusting and polish furniture, vacuuming carpets, and cleaning bathrooms.
Pros
great people
Cons
pay, hours
Fast-paced and fun place to work
Guest Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Kapolei, HIMay 27, 2017
It can be challenging at times but overall it is a great workplace. I learned how to work under high- stressed and fast-paced environment. I gain the ability to think and act quickly.
Pros
employee discounts on meals and room reservations, good enviroment for social networking
Cons
poor management
Work flow
Customer Care and Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEMay 27, 2017
Day to day basis, made reservations all over the world for Marriott hotels. Spoke to a lot of different people, some nice some not. Relaxed enough atmosphere. Managers were all helpful
Great
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, CAMay 27, 2017
Loved it, this was a wonderful job and I was able to make a ton of money and had great befits. I would love to work in hotels again because oft this experience alone.
Pros
atmosphere
Cons
nothing
Very Educational Experience
Maintenance (Engineer) (Current Employee) –  Portsmouth, NHMay 26, 2017
Having no prior knowledge in the Maintenance department, I was taught a lot and allowed to grow and an engineer. However, even though I was told at first that maintenance would be a stepping stone for me to move up in the company, after asking several times I have concluded that being told that was just a plan to hire a full time maintenance worker indefinitely without the intent of ever promoting.
Pros
Free lunch, ability to learn new skills and move laterally
Cons
Short- unpaid breaks, little room for growth or improvement
Challenging workspace
Breakfast Attendant (Current Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SD 57106May 26, 2017
Challenging and keeps you on your toes during the weekends. Cooking is relatively easy and requires a good amount of social interaction. Not quite a full time job, but good for a part time in the morning. Good for anyone who likes to work in the early hours and getting done early.
Pros
hours
Cons
hard to keep up
fair
Internship (Former Employee) –  Warwick, RIMay 26, 2017
If you are good at what you do then you shouldn't have a problem. The co-workers where vary nice and it was a good place to work. However working the front desk you see peoples true colors its not a good job if you don't have thick skin. You have to be calm and professional.
Pros
friendly
Cons
nothing really
n/a
Trainer and Quality Assurance Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 26, 2017
• Assists in the development and implementation of personnel policies and procedures
• Participates in administrative staff meetings and attends other meetings and seminars deemed necessary
• Recommends new approaches, policies and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of the department and services performed
• Develops weekly staffing schedule for Reservations office
• Assists with preparation of the daily, weekly, monthly, and annual selling strategies and reporting.
Fairly good company to work for.
Food and Beverage Attendant (Former Employee) –  Greenbelt, MDMay 26, 2017
Management lacks organization skills. No set routes for employees to work. Too many spur of the moment decisions are made to suit management. No parking compensation for employees working their DC route.
Good job
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bethesda, MDMay 26, 2017
It was an ok job. Very demanding, very exhausting but you can learn many things if you are willing to learn. Staff is friendly and duties are many. Staffing is not the best so we often get overwhelmed
Great Place
Sales Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 26, 2017
This is a great company to work for. Our team is extremely supportive and I am never afraid to ask a question. Everything is a learning opportunity. I learned about to better manage time in this role. The best thing was it sharpened my attention to details. I learned to love the opportunities to take care of our guest expressed and unexpressed wishes.
Pros
Very Supportive Team
Cons
Public transportation was expensive
Comfortable
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAMay 25, 2017
This job gave me a chance to meet all kinds of different people from all over the world. The tips were great. The staff we all got along very well. We had great hours
Pros
Tips. Luncheon
Cons
Promoting within the company
Working At Marriott
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARMay 25, 2017
My experience at the Marriott was okay I learned a that the Marriott hads a 401k plan and the Marriott hotel is not only located in the U.S cthere al over the whole world.
Pros
you get to meet people from all over the world
Cons
their employees are under paid
All time food for every one
In Room Server & Banquet Server (Former Employee) –  Newport Beach, CAMay 25, 2017
Productive and fun place with excelent managment all people nice free food and beverage for every one employers, good time every day , etc.and I have good fun and excelent people
Pros
Free lunch every time
Cons
two breaks every 2 hrs. and 10 min
great place to work
Server (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 25, 2017
the possibilities are endless at this hotel. you can definitely move up if you are determined.want some extra hours its easy to pick up at other brands of the company or within the actual site in which you work.
Great working environment and potential growth
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 24, 2017
Great working environment and potential growth
Great leadership and benefits
Training and development opportunities available with task opportunities
Pros
growth
Cons
No es nesesario el cafe porque trabajo es mas hinpotante
ESL Teacher (Former Employee) –  Lake Tahoe, CAMay 24, 2017
Yo entro mis labores alas 8,30 el saludo típico los buenos días es gradable con toda la gente lo qhe me gusta y tener cumunicacion y con el maneger y compañeros y tener un dia hagradable
Pros
El seguro medico nos quejamos los companeros que es muy costoso
Cons
El descanso de 30 minutos es bueno porque haqui y todas partes es normal
demanding yet rewarding
Banquet Chef (Current Employee) –  Providence, RIMay 24, 2017
In hospitality, I learned relatively early on to expect the unexpected. Those that thrive are the individuals willing to adapt and adapt quickly. I enjoy the opportunity to lead, encourage, and develop young cooks into experienced cooks with a greater knowledge of day-to-day kitchen operations. This type of leadership is encouraged, as often times applicants lack the necessary skills but with the right personality and positive direction, new associates can learn the skills necessary to be great at their jobs.
Pros
leading, mentoring, training
Cons
production demands
Awesome experience
Cook (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAMay 24, 2017
Met a lot of great people in hotel and customers. Wouldn't mind doing it again. Unfortunately, the management team was hard to work with as well with the people I was within the kitchen
Pros
Free food, interact with guest, making new friends
Cons
favoritism, didn't hear views on all coworkers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Marriott Vacations Worldwide. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2