Marriott Vacations Worldwide Employee Reviews

Found 3,882 reviews matching the search
Na
Guest Services - Runner (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCFebruary 25, 2017
A day in the life of a Guest Services Runner is filled with meeting and greeting various personalities; those from the various United States, and an [influx] of an international flavor. It is exciting sharing information regarding property history (former and current), along with gleaning information from the guest in order to make their stay more pleasant, and possibly familiar.
Review
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Muskegon, MIFebruary 24, 2017
A typical day at work is making reservations for guests that come into the Hotel. Also letting them know any and all the events going on in the community while they are staying.
Pros
Great place to work. All employees are treated equally
Cons
Might have to work 2nd and 3rd shift in 1 day.
Productive, energetic workplace.
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAFebruary 24, 2017
Productive and energetic work environment was challenged and motivated with the opportunity to grow. I would highly recommend working for Marriott.
Excellent Company with Very Smart People
Vice President, Marketing Research (Former Employee) –  Bethesda, MDFebruary 23, 2017
A typical day at work involved lots of meetings, but still left time for serious work to get done. I learned a lot about corporate politics and how it is inevitable. Management was forced to drive the bottom line, always. The culture was work work work. The hardest part of the job was learning that management was secretive about their motives. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with my staff. They were the best.
Pros
Smart people
Cons
People would pretend to work on weekends, but go shopping instead.
worked here for a year
Food and Beverage Intern (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 23, 2017
i've learned a lot wroking in JW Marriott Austin. from learning a different language,culture and new environment. respect their beliefs and works well with other people.
wionderful guests and beautiful building
Concierge (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 23, 2017
My main position is to help guests have the best possible vacation that will fit there life style. With suggestions and reservations for restaurants, tours, shopping, theatre, anything on any day, to acquire transportation in the most economical and convenient manner, to make them the most comfortable and give them options depending on the weather and activities they choose.

The most enjoyable part of my job as when I spent time with our guests and I suggest there options, they go off for the day, and come back and tell me it was the most fabulous day and without my suggestions they would have missed the opportunities of what the city has to offer. I have received gifts from guests and many notes of thanks, for just doing my job, but doing it very well.

I am one of very few associates that have won the "WAY TO GO" award for customer excellence, and was sent on an all expensive paid vacation as a company thank you. It is something that very few associates achieve. I am very proud of it.

The concierge desk (since I have been at Marriott Custom House) has achieved the highest award possible, we are the most successful concierge desk in the entire COMPANY, we are the third in the WORLD, and #1 in the USA.
Pros
Wonderful guests and fabulous associates
Cons
Management does not suppose staff.
productive
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLFebruary 23, 2017
My everyday consist of checking in and checking out guest and dealing with happy and rude customers. Nothing im not use to I love my job and the people I work them different personalities but I can deal with them all because im a peoples person. Everybody love when I come to work I make the day go by making everyone laugh, but also getting the job done.
Pros
20% discounts on food, and hotel discounts
Cons
breaks are only 30mins
Work
Front Desk Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Clarksville, TNFebruary 22, 2017
I did not work for Marriott Vacation Worldwide. I worked at a Courtyard Marriott that was a franchised location by Interstate Hotels and Resorts. Not much promotion room locally but within the management company there might of been.
Great Place
Guest Service Agent (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 22, 2017
Loved working for Marriott! Great culture and job security. Marriott was a fast paced and fun environment to work in! I met so many amazing individuals throughout my career at Marriott. Marriott has contributed to the person i am today and I have nothing but gratitude for Marriott.
benefits
Cons
wages
Housekeeper
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYFebruary 22, 2017
It was a good place to work. Pay was good. But my job was temporary so I was only there for three months. They keep saying they will hire again but have not heard back.
Excellent place to work
Front Desk Customer Service (Current Employee) –  TarentumFebruary 22, 2017
Great friendly staff. Clean environment. Easy jobs guest our up scale
Discount rooms are a plus.
It's cozy like home
Management work with you schedule
Everyone works as a team
Pros
Great freindly staff
Cons
Guest can be annoying at times
I enjoy cleaning
HOUSEKEEPING (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 22, 2017
Housekeeping, cleaning rooms, check-out and vacuum rooms. I also did laundry and bathrooms. It a great place to go on vacation with your family.
Pros
Bring your own luch
Cons
short break
Great timesworking with this company
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCFebruary 22, 2017
great company,great deals, comfort,most updated,some not...just didnt recognize my skills and didnt want to increase my salary when needed to. ok ok ok ok ok ok ok !!!!
Pros
free breakfast is always awesome
Cons
need to get updated in using there people skills
fun work place got to meet alot of people good hours
Auditor (Former Employee) –  Rocky Mount, NCFebruary 22, 2017
I loved the people I worked with we maintained a steady work pace and met new people every day as a night auditor I had to balance all financials and inventory for the next day
Pros
good place to work over all
Cons
no security at night except night auditor and never getting a raise
harmonious working condition
Front Desk Agent/Night Audit (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 22, 2017
1. Being the front desk agent/auditor to ensure the high quality of guest's experience and all the charge are applied to the guest's account properly.

2. Being professional and decent in terms of wording and posture.

3. Empathizing with the guest's concern and come up with the best solution.

4. Shadowing the manager and supervisor to learn how to remain composed as the problem arises and manage to deal with the guest's issue successfully based on the knowledge and the scale of guest's concern.

5. Coaching the new associate.

6. Having a diverse working culture with different nationality.
Pros
systematic operation
The Banquet department was much like a family.
BANQUET SERVER (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 21, 2017
The typical day working for the Marriott Marquis in San Diego involved setting, serving, and breaking down a banquet function for hundreds of guests. This was done as a team, with specific duties, dolled out in accordance with preferences. There were often days that the parties were far smaller, with only a handful of guests in a private suite. A party such as this I would work on my own, with a Banquet Captian's oversight. There were occasionally groups in house that numbered in the thousands, and functions that would accommodate all the guests at once, typically held outside.
Very productive
Housekeeping Public Area Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCFebruary 21, 2017
I always loved this job, The managers were very welcoming and nice to the employees, and guests. Very big, and spacious . I loved being at work when I was employed with Marriott.
Lovely people to work with
Bistro/Banquet Bartender (Current Employee) –  Killeen, TXFebruary 21, 2017
It's a great place to work. Your co-workers are all enjoyable to work with. It is a great atmosphere. The team always works with you to help to set you up for success.
The Best
Restaurant Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCFebruary 21, 2017
The best company I've ever worked for in my life the culture is rich most managers are hands on and give their all to ensure that their employees are knowledgeable and expert at their position.
Great Company
Senior Banquet Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Provo, UTFebruary 21, 2017
Great company because they are all about hard work and the company has great standards which I admire because I love it when my values aline with my work values!
Pros
Great benefits
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Marriott Vacations Worldwide. Our community is ready to answer.

Marriott Vacations Worldwide Reviews by Location