Marriott Vacations Worldwide Employee Reviews

Found 4,494 reviews matching the search
Good place to learn the hospitality industry
Night Auditor (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, CAJune 22, 2017
Check figures, posting, and documents for accuracy. Record, store, access, and analyze computerized financial information. Control and secure cash and cash equivalents for property according to cash handling policy and procedures. Organize, secure, and maintain all files and records in accordance with document retention and confidentiality policies and procedures. Prepare and audit, maintain, and distribute statistical, financial, accounting, auditing, payroll reports and tables. Audit and reconcile all revenue postings.
Nice cool job.
Banquet Set-up (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJune 22, 2017
A typical day at work is busy. You have to make sure the room is set, the customer is satisfied that they have the things they need as well as other things for there event to be successful. I've learned a few things at while working in my department as well, things such as bar tending as well as serving a party and setting a buffet etc... The most enjoyable part of my job is when i see the satisfaction that the clients have after the event was successful and knowing that i was apart of the team that put that satisfaction in them is what i enjoy the most.
Pros
The food
Typical of the industry
Front Desk/Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXJune 22, 2017
Their policies in regard to serving the customer are in stark conflict with their actual practice. There is a lot of confusion when serving guests, they constantly overbook and when a guest shows up after having made a reservation and there are no rooms available (or a type they didn't request) they are basically out of luck and on their own.
Pros
Night shift afforded a lot of down time for study and job seeking
Cons
Pay is bad
Awesome.
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Andover, MAJune 22, 2017
A typical day at work was cleaning rooms. I learned how working at a hotel was like and how difficult customers can be. The hardest part of my job was making sure the rooms pass inspection and that I cleaned it properly.
Would not recommend
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, INJune 21, 2017
In addition to customer service representative, I was expected to do duties far beyond my job requirements (facilitate the entire breakfast, clean it up, do dishes for around 3 hours, all while simultaneously expected to be monitoring the front desk). The women were rude and would sabotage you out of jealousy of physical appearance. No room for upwards mobility and was not paid justly.
Cons
Low salary, work out of your job description
quick pace
Assistant Executive Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLJune 21, 2017
This job requires you be be on your toes. You have to be quick, thorough, and always aware of your attitude.Management could be better. Sometimes the communication with management is not there and the employee gets blamed for mistakes. It's not fair, but it happens. I will say when when the vibe is positive, the workplace is a wonderful place to be in. The culture reflects the positive atmosphere and with that the guest are happy. The guest are what makes the job worth it coming to. There are some pretty awesome people that come and visit.
fun work environment
Banquet Server/ Bartender (Current Employee) –  Ypsilanti, MIJune 21, 2017
No room fro advancement… i worked there for 3 years and was promised a position in management. broke my leg and then was fired the company also failed to provide a safe work environment.
Overworked and Underpaid
Event Planning Assistant (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 21, 2017
Luckily I enjoy some of my coworkers, however they are severely understaffed in most departments. This leads to overworked employees. They say their pay is competitive but other hotels in the area do pay more. Benefits are okay. Enjoyed the Marriott discount the most.
Great Place to get a Career Started
Guest Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VAJune 21, 2017
The management company is a great place to get a career started. Although I work at the Front Desk, I've been involved in Group Sales, Events and Marketing. In my short time I've grown as an individual and an employee. White Lodging, the management company that facilitates the Fairfax Marriott at Fair Oaks, hires candidates they feel will make great Hotel Managers. The hourly staff typically do the duties that a manager would due at another hotel, while the managers put more focus on developing future managers.
Cons
No breaks
combo roles
Human Resources Administrator/Benefits (Former Employee) –  Monrovia, CAJune 21, 2017
Fantastic Culture
focus on millennials regularly learnings
hardest part of getting management to agree with each other
love training, educating and assisting associates
Pros
hotel discounts
Cons
hard to take a lunch
Best Hotel to work for
Front Desk Supervisor/Night Auditor (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CAJune 21, 2017
I have been with Marriott for 15 years. customer service is a must
management are always on hand to help with anything that you might need, Marriott is a family orientated company we all work together to make one.
the hardest part of the job is not pleasing everybody, the most enjoyable part is when they depart from your establishment happy.
job summary
Front Desk Clerk (Current Employee) –  Monroe, LAJune 21, 2017
we keep switching companies and cant keep a manager we dont get our raises are benefits.. every year we keep getting a new company its sad we cant get use to having things around here
Pros
the pool area and the lobby
Cons
going thru management no raises no benefits
Great place to work at
Rooms Control/ Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 21, 2017
Great place to work at. Teamwork. Always going above and beyond for guest and associates. Great work experience. Tools needed to succeed are provided.
Daily work
Dishwasher/Steward (Former Employee) –  Palm Desert, CAJune 20, 2017
working here was great. worked with great people, had fun while getting our tasks done. was very fast paced half the week but would go back to work there.
Pros
Workers
Benefits
NIGHTTIME MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARJune 20, 2017
Management plays favorites. No matter how hard you worked, certain members of management wouldn't acknowledge your work ethic. There was no incentive to go the extra mile.
Pros
hotel discount
Cons
no incentive to go the extra mile
Just an okay place
Cashier, Receptionist (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJune 20, 2017
I worked for the valet services and it was a perfectly fine job to have during college. The cashiers don't make any tips which is a bummer but that's okay.
Big compant that like to have it done there way
Night supervisor/bartender/server/cook/brista (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJune 20, 2017
Great pay great benefits out going crew no good management they are rude discounts on everything right in the middle of down town nice rooms and pool hot tub nice view
Avke, Inc under Marriott Inc.
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Pueblo, COJune 20, 2017
Franchised under Marriott Inc. Avke, Inc. is a very hard place to work. the Owner does not know how to treat her staff the turnover rate is high. The working conditions are hostile. there is no chance for advancement. The staff is not appreciated, the management is belittled in front of the staff by the owner.
I loved my job, amazing staff, awesome guests
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Saddle River, NJJune 20, 2017
Amazing place to meet all different kinds of people, amazing staff, amazing family you make when you work here, everyone is so loving and welcoming. Everyone helps each other just an amazing team
Pros
Free food, discounts on rooms
Cons
Messy guests
Challenging, and fun
Senior Banquet Captain (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 20, 2017
Fun and fast paced place to work.
Many opportunities to cross train to best hone your skills.
Professional Members, and always there to assist and mentor.
Competitive pay.
Pros
People
Cons
no free parking for associates.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Marriott Vacations Worldwide. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2