Marriott Vacations Worldwide

Marriott Vacations Worldwide Employee Reviews

Found 3,542 reviews matching the search
Fun place to work- lots of interaction with lots of great people
Night Auditor and Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLDecember 3, 2016
Very good place to work. As a front desk and night auditor I have had the chance to interact with the customers, and challenge myself to provide great service this for five great years until I graduated from college to move onto the next step of my life which was to find a job on the heartland as an Occupational therapy assistant
itwas a fun job
Valet Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 3, 2016
good for making tip money. always went home with gas money in my pockets and a good story about the days events. would recommend to anyone.
Love
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNDecember 2, 2016
Worked here for a while and loved it! The people are nice and the rooms are very clean! I was a housekeeper and the guest always tipped and complimented.
Coworkers and training
Associated Restaurant (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLDecember 1, 2016
The work has a good program of training, which guide me thru the whole kitchen process, including sales and elaboration of the products. The coworkers are well prepared although no all of them work as team workers.
Best company to work for
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PADecember 1, 2016
Marriott, a company dedicated not only to their customer, but their employees. Is a company with one of the best cultures, you will fall to and apply it to your life.
Cons
Great company to work for
Bistro/Bar attendant (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 1, 2016
great company to work for and provides great opportunity for growth and personal development. management has been very helpful along the way and helping guiding me in the right direction.
Productive area to work for
House Keeping (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDDecember 1, 2016
I only been working for this company for a couple months but it is very professional and exciting company to work for. I would recommend this company to anyone willing to work in the housekeeping field.
Room Attendent
Guest Associate (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, KSDecember 1, 2016
The job offered somewhat steady hours, overtime is always a plus. Somedays you can make good in tips. If your looking for a steady paycheck, this is the job for you.
Pros
Steady check
Cons
pay is not that great
Marriott International –Front Desk Night Auditor
Front Desk Night Auditor (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 1, 2016
Marriott International –Front Desk Night Auditor Houston, TX
• Responsible for balancing the revenue and expense transactions, which occurred during the day at the hotel.
• Responsible for the overall operations and appearance of the front desk of the hotel.
• Perform front desk and accounting duties, along with setting alarm clocks for our guest.
• Communicated effectively both orally and in writing to management and front desk staff.
• Fulfill all guest needs by putting in ticket request and following up, and confirming with that department.
Great Costumers, amazing staff
Kitchen Attendant (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MONovember 30, 2016
Daily task was I prepped breakfast every morning, I learned how to cook in a timely manner I was taught how to be part of a real team and also learned how to inspect rooms when I also did housekeeping I learned to be well rounded in a work environment. The management was beyond amazing they made work more than work it was always fun and up beat. Hardest part of the job I wouldn't say there was a hard part I enjoyed everything about it.
Everything was enjoyable about that company.
Summer Job
Guest Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Mount Arlington, NJNovember 30, 2016
I worked in customer service with face to face customer contact and also by phone. I greeted people as they checked in and answered any concerns they may have had. I learned how to problem solve and make sure all the customers needs were met. I worked closely with management and co-workers to make sure all work was done in a timely matter. The hardest part of the job was not being able to accommodate the needs of everyone, so I would go out of my way to make phone calls and suggestions to help them find another place when we were completely booked. I enjoyed when people asked my advice to someplace to eat or hangout and I would refer them to some of my favorite places to go.
Pros
Family and friends discounts on rooms
Cons
Not always able to make everyone happy
Great Place to Learn and Grow
Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZNovember 30, 2016
A typical day at this Marriott would entail knowledge of the menu and recipes, basic knife skills, and safety and sanitation skills. I learned how to better manage my time and keep my prep organized to fully maximize my production for the work day. Management was very understanding of my schedule while I was in school and they did their best to help me learn and improve my skills. My coworkers are team players who look out for one another. The hardest part of this job is keeping a high standard for our food, even when it is extremely busy. The most enjoyable part of this job is the opportunities to learn and grow as a cook.
Pros
Great Management, Benefit Options, etc.
Cons
Repetitive, High-Stress, etc.
Nice quite place team work good management
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Dupage countyNovember 29, 2016
I like working there the work was not hard the management was nice the visitors was happy with their room good tips nice i would work there again. The rooms are big beautiful.
Pros
Discount on a room.
Corrupt Franchises
Guest Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYNovember 29, 2016
I worked here and the franchise owners did a lot of sketchy things. They paid their employees off the works not withholding taxes.They were rude and sometimes even abusive.
great fun place.
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Lehi, UTNovember 29, 2016
The team work was what the whole hotel ran off of. we all had our parts and jobs to maintain and keep the building in tip top shape. I learned that you must pull your own weight but at the end of the day it took a real team to accomplish great tasks.
Pros
alot of good hours
Cons
short staff and high tern over.
great place
Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Eagle Pass, TXNovember 29, 2016
Great company to work for but has a limited amount of full time positions. Always improving on how to better provide great customer service. Pay is not high enough.
Pros
great deals on rooms
Cons
no breaks
good work place
Maintenance Worker (Current Employee) –  Slippery Rock, PANovember 28, 2016
Its a good work environment to work in Everyone gets along and everyone works efficiently. Room Discounts are included when you become and employee. The Christmas parties are a lot of fun.
Pros
Free Lunches, Nice people, room discounts
Cons
low hours
Rewarding Work Environment that challenges on a daily basis.
Director of Finance (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 28, 2016
Marriott Vacations Worldwide is founded on taking care of employees, and it shows in the benefits and in the overall work environment and culture.
Pros
Beautiful Locations
Cons
Limited upward mobility at certain career points
Culinaryily superb opportunity if you can handle massive stress 10 - 12 hrs. a day
Cook II (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IANovember 28, 2016
This particular Marriott provides an excellent opportunity for self-teaching. Lots of multi-tasking and "figure-it-out" style of training method. Plenty of hours available and excellent product to work with. Wonderful environment in which to improve one's stress-management capabilities.
Pros
PTO, paid holidays, overtime
Cons
Disorganized chaos, unrealistic expectations
They treat you like family
Pool Attendant/Starbucks Barista (Former Employee) –  Redondo Beach, CANovember 28, 2016
i will especially miss working for the Marriott. This was such a blessing when i first got this job opportunity because i was so nervous and did not know for sure i would get the job. And it turnd out to be great!
Pros
friendly environment
Cons
bugs

Marriott Vacations Worldwide Reviews by Location