Marriott Vacations Worldwide Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
Great workplaces with new challenges everyday.
Executive Housekeeping Manager (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLSeptember 18, 2017
Typically work includes a bit of creativity and interest for the environment, while many things are sort of automatic many other have to be administered closely in this environment. The company has an overall great culture, the environment of the job itself has many rewarding aspects.
Positive work enviornment
Guest Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CASeptember 18, 2017
Eight hour shifts of productive service to our guests going the extra mile to make sure they enjoyed their stay. Management worked with us to help ensure this. A very positive work culture that made it enjoyable to work there.
Summary
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLSeptember 18, 2017
Very fast paced work environment. Great management and good benefits. I learned a lot from working for the company. Their strongest belief is customer service.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
A cap to how much you can make
Productive fun working environment
Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MISeptember 18, 2017
I loved working at the jw staff was friendly and always helpful team working environment. I would love to work there again if I has a choice. Management was always friendly and willing to help the team.
Pros
Free lunches
Management was fun
At (Former Employee) –  CádizSeptember 17, 2017
Management was fun to talk to and work with. They were fair and understanding at the same time. they stood behind their associates if a customer was yelling at them.
A lot of opportunity for advancement, travel and benefits.
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 16, 2017
Marriott is a great company to work for in the hospitality industry. I learned so much about genuine hospitality and care for guests, as well as received great benefits, and was appreciated as an employee during my entire employment.
Safety and Security was always a high priority
Director of Security (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNSeptember 16, 2017
It was an awesome experience for me and left only due to a stronger desire to live in a warmer climate. I received total support from my management team and enjoyed the people contact with our guests and fellow team members
Pros
People contact
Cons
Cold and Snow
Decent coworkers
Courtesy shuttle/concierge/house man. (Former Employee) –  IndianaSeptember 16, 2017
Decent place to work. Coworkers nice to deal with and guests easy to deal with. Shift Management nice to work with. Some bickering amongst coworkers about workload and scheduling but overall everybody decent to work with. Office management left a lot to be desired. Interview statements and agreements went out the door when job actually started. Office management not great to deal with. Courtesy vehicle went from being courtesy to scheduled. I felt under utilized, underpaid, lied to and under appreciated. Provided insurance needs inprovement.
Pros
Coworkers, guests, businesses that worked with hotel.
Cons
Low pay, GM and assistant GM/office management, scheduling
Fun Workplace
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Hilton Head Island, SC 29928September 16, 2017
I learned a lot working in Marriott, i enhanced my communication skills, time management, multitasking, learning a lot from different culture i enjoy working with different nationalities learn a lot with their culture and lifestyle.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
No Breaks
Good Company
Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 15, 2017
Good Company. Experienced several departments and enjoy most days at work. Most of the management team is good. Emphasis on most.

The learning opportunities are there if you're willing to do a little extra for no extra pay. Hard work is usually recognized.
Fun work place
Director of Engineering (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 15, 2017
Check all mechanical equipment get all associates set up u
for there task for the day and night.
Management on 23 associates.
Good
Long 24 x 7 on call
Pay and time off.
Pros
good buisness company
stressful and no managment
SERVER (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 15, 2017
don't care to leave a review for them. management is terrible no leadership at that property. fast paced job with no management help. need help management nowhere at this property!
it was a good place where i met different people in different race ent
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 15, 2017
overall it was good place to work beautiful place to call home away from home, it was always busy never a duel moment their I enjoy it for the most part , good benefits good hotel
Cons
superviors (some) was not always kool
Great
NIGHT AUDITOR (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 15, 2017
Loved working for the Marriott Hotel. The benefits were free and the management was great. My duties involved managing the hotel operations at night. I was able to work at the Courtyard and Residence Inn Hotels.
Typical Call Center
Senoir Vacation Ownership Advsior (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 14, 2017
The average day is filled with answering customer inbound calls back to back. The call volume is very high usually being 100-150 calls in waiting.
The systems used are outdated but easy to learn.
The company culture is very positive. There are options for different shifts for people that need flexible schedules.
Job training is provided.
When I preformed excellently, I was celebrated and recognized.
However, when I was preforming poorly, I felt abandoned and ignored.
As soon as I received a written warning I was notified that I would be terminated.
The mistake I was making was not violating any federal or state laws and I could have easily fixed the problem had I been fully aware of it.
My manager admitted to knowing of this mistake weeks before I was given the warning. This meant that the manager allowed me to continue making the mistake before the written warning was given to me and those mistakes were counted on the warning.
I feel as though my accomplishments, contributions and seniority along with the fact that I had never received any warning up to that point did not go into consideration for the warning and threat of termination I received.

If someone can stay on the good side of the company it is a great place to work!
However, if you falter, the company policy is very cutthroat with little to no consideration for personal situation.
Pros
flexible schedules, positive culture, training provided
Cons
work load (very high call volumes), cutthroat policies
A hard working place goob benefits
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  MPLS, MNSeptember 14, 2017
I had a good time working here I worked Monday through Friday they gave me the week end off after six mouth I got three day pages vacation they work with you if you need a day off .
Pros
Payed vacations
Cons
Short breaks
Family work place
Night Houseperson (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHSeptember 14, 2017
This hotel was a very busy hotel. On thee weekdays they stayed booked Monday thru Friday. For my 1st couple of years everyone was like family. My last year there they were doing renovations, and tensions was high and it was very difficult to work there. But I gained some very good friends that I still associate with today. This hotel got very good ratings until the renovations started.
Pros
Customer Service
Cons
Moral
My manager is good and fair
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYSeptember 14, 2017
Job is stressful and you do not get paid according to the position. Terrible work environment. I learned not to ask questions and keep it moving, the most enjoyable part of the job is lunch break, where you can get peace
very good workplace
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 14, 2017
I Really loved working or the Marriott wish I could go back very nice place to work very good work environment everyone was nice and friendly management was really good overall just a good place to work wish I could go back.
fast pacedwith alot of oppertuity opportunity
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNSeptember 14, 2017
opportunity to grow is great. you can meet a lot of people from different cultures and come from many places, thats with co worker and guess we interact with.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Marriott Vacations Worldwide. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2