Marriott Vacations Worldwide Employee Reviews

Found 3,859 reviews matching the search
Skeleton crew.
Laundry Attendant (Current Employee) –  Arcadia, CAFebruary 20, 2017
Too much work for one person to do in an eight hour shift so work never gets completed. You are not one title. You wear many different hats and are expected to do any job given to you. Always runs on a skeleton crew.
Pros
Co workers
Cons
Too much work for one person, no advancement opportunity
productive
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CAFebruary 20, 2017
There is always something to do, you will rarely have time to just take a break. Time is very important to this company because they want you to work fast and efficiently.
Pros
paid overtime
Cons
not long enough breaks
Awful Work Environment
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Layton, UTFebruary 20, 2017
This place is to not a place I'd recommend for others to stay and work at. The managment gets way to into work politics and drama, it is not a healthy attitude or environment to work in.
Pros
Hospitality Experience
Cons
Terrible Atmostphere
Great Place of Employment
Guest Services Representative (Current Employee) –  North Olmsted, OHFebruary 19, 2017
I enjoyed working for Marriott. The staff are very understanding and welcoming. There are great benefits outside of the hotel discounts of course. There are always special celebrations to show appreciation of the employees.
Supervisor-Restaurant Ops, (Former Employee) –  Palm Desert, CAFebruary 19, 2017
Great place to work, provides the tools to become a great leader not just a manager. weekly trainings that help you lead your team.
Pros
You will become a great leader not just a manager
Marriott Summary
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCFebruary 19, 2017
I worked for the Artisan restaurant inside of the Marriott and it was a good place to work for what I was needing hours wise at the times being. It's a classy environment with very upbeat and kind staff.
Great place to gain experience
Assist guests efficiently (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNFebruary 18, 2017
Very organized, put together work place. The employees are friendly, the management is stern but approachable. Very nice benefits. They would keep track of customer reviews and treat it like a competition for each different part of the business like housekeeping, reception, maintenance, etc. All in all it was a fun and rewarding place to work, but the housekeepers definitely have the hardest job there.
It really depends on who your bosses are
Operations Supervisor- Night Audit (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 18, 2017
On paper Marriott is one of the best corporations to work for in the hospitality industry, but you need to be sure that you're interviewing your future managers as well as they you when applying for a job in this company. They will make or break your time there.
I loved working for Marriott.
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 17, 2017
This was hands down the best company I worked for. Everyone is kind and awesome. I hated the fact that I had to leave. And would return in a second. Great Company!!
lot of fun
Reservationist (Former Employee) –  Somerset, NJFebruary 17, 2017
very busy workplace with alot of high volume phone calls. speaking to people around the world making reservations. this was a part time job
Pros
free comp night at various hotels
Cons
part time
great place to work
Banquet cook (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKFebruary 17, 2017
turn on the equipment for the banquets. start breakfast functions. prepare for next functions. cook for the hotel staff. help the restaurant if needed.
Pros
free lunch
Horrible example of a Marriott.
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Fullerton, CAFebruary 17, 2017
Chef/ Sous chef is rarely present and when present always talks down on employees or degrades them with hurtful words. Tons of empty promises from management. Food quality is nonexistent due to Chef not being present. Horrible training due to 8 different people training you. Hours the Chef gives doesnt allow proper 8 hours rest before next shift. Somedays no breaks.
Pros
Health, dental, vision benefits, PTO, Marriott Bucks
Great Company to work for
Front Office Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Decatur, GAFebruary 16, 2017
Marriott is a great company. I have been honored to have a great manager. If you find a location with great leadership, you will enjoy the work you do more.
Great type of work most people nice typical Condo Board of Directors
All-Around Handyman and Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  Westford, MAFebruary 16, 2017
As stated work was very good I always kept busy my management was very good. But in a Condo setting the Board changes and not always for the better.
Pros
Very nice area location
Cons
Too much feuding between board members.
Great company
Dish washer (Former Employee) –  San Ramon, CAFebruary 16, 2017
My only regret about working for Marriott is I didn't get in and start working for them earlier. I absolutely loved the people I was privileged to work with.
Pros
Great enviorment to work in.
Cons
Can get really overwhelming if you don't have help.
Loved being part of the team
Front Desk Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Athens, OHFebruary 16, 2017
Worked on a college campus in my hometown. As the Front desk supervisor. All staff worked well together.We had a wonderful time with alumni and the locals.
good benefits and a paycheck
Housekeeping Aide & PM Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Uniondale, NYFebruary 15, 2017
If your on long Island expect to do more work than what you're getting paid for if you're in housekeeping. if you're african american expect to get get looked down on and disrespected. pray before, during and after leaving building.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
literal back breaking work for little pay.
Love it!
Guest Service Agent (Current Employee) –  AlabamaFebruary 15, 2017
In my opinion it is a great place to work! The management is amazing and always willing to work with you. The most enjoyable part of the day was always the interaction with guests as well as fellow coworkers.
Long Hourslittle pay.
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOFebruary 15, 2017
If you like a job with little personal time and low pay I wold highly recommend it. However, if you want to stay in the same position for multiple years without a chance of promotion unless you move cross country then this is the perfect job.
good work place
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAFebruary 15, 2017
I liked working here the managers were always on top of their job and helped when we needed it my co-workers were great we all helped each other when we needed if we seen somebody having trouble with something we always went to help withiut asking rather they needed help or not

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Marriott Vacations Worldwide. Our community is ready to answer.

Marriott Vacations Worldwide Reviews by Location