Marriott Vacations Worldwide Employee Reviews

Found 4,305 reviews matching the search
great job
Manager/ Front Desk Associate (Current Employee) –  Orangeburg, NYMay 22, 2017
i enjoy my job can complain pays my bill and I go to work every day and I still cant clai every good on this side of time all good over her it all fine
A great place to intern
Intern (Former Employee) –  Hilton Head Island, SCMay 22, 2017
This was a great place to intern. I feel as if I learned a lot and gained a greater understanding of how all the different departments work together to create a wonderful atmosphere for their guests. The staff is very friendly and always willing to help the interns learn and grow.
relaxed sometime too slow
Front Desk Associate (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCMay 22, 2017
Constant connection with guest when checking them and out, even just making sure you can do your best in making reservations. Maintain the Marriott standard by keeping your uniform well pressed and maintain a high level of customer service.
Pros
great family and friends discounts. wondeful guest you meet
Cons
after check out the very slow period.
Rotating Work Schedule
Night Auditor (Full-Time) (Former Employee) –  Keene, NHMay 21, 2017
The pay isn't good and the rotating weekly work schedules makes it very difficult to plan your schedule outside of work. Job satisfaction can be very high when you're complimented by happy guests.
Pros
Job Satisfaction
Cons
Pay, Work Schedule, Disrespectful Guests
FairField insight
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Hattiesburg, MSMay 21, 2017
Working at Fairfield had its up and downs. I was a housekeeper and the job overall was good. I didn't like that we didn't have a set time to get off work and some days would be very crazy. My job was to make sure rooms were clean and ready for the next guest to stay. I also had to do Stay Over rooms which those were rooms guest would stay in weeks at a time. I would say I'm very trustworthy because people have valuable things and it was my place to go in clean their room without messing up anything of theirs. The staff was great.
Conference hotels can mean long hours
Room Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 21, 2017
I was room service 3rd shift supervisor with long hours which meant a poor work life balance. While servicing the standard rooms and suites we would often be asked and help with the convention events. This often meant after a normal shift you be asked to use one of the rooms to sleep for a few and be back for another shift. If you are a natural night owl and can handle it you might make a perfect fit.
Pros
The food and stories you will get to hear or see
Cons
3rd shift, over worked
good
Front Desk Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 21, 2017
typical check in check out, troubleshoot problems, close pool, balance folios, management company mishandled a lot of stuff, didn't match up to Marriott brand standards
Franchise is not the way to go
Kitchen Manager, Front Desk Associate (Former Employee) –  Oxford, ALMay 21, 2017
Marriott Franchise operators sometimes are not the best to work for. While the owner of the hotel was mostly fair they had unreasonable expectations. Was worked 7 days a week for 37 days straight. Company was sold out with little notice. Marriott Corporate is different. The corporate policies are much better would have liked a chance to transfer to a corporate atmosphere. I did love working with the people and learning the hospitality industry.
Pros
Discounted rooms
Cons
no healthcare for franchise
Negative
Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARMay 20, 2017
A meeting starts the morning, with nothing but negativity and what we do wrong, being called lazy by the housekeeping managers. We are expected to do everything in a short amount of time or get picked on. The GM is friendly. Other departments look down on you and think you are nothing more than a maid who is dumb. The most enjoyable part of my day is clocking out and running out the building. The hardest part is waking up and knowing I have to go to work. Its not the job itself that stinks, its the department manager.
Pros
job
Cons
2 breaks the day, negative environment, overworked, underpaid, no encouragement
Love Courtyard
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 20, 2017
Courtyard is a good company to work for, always going above and beyond to ensure client satisfaction. Great company to work for and definitely recommended
Guest are Great, Management Needs Adjustments
Front Desk Associate (Former Employee) –  Tanasbourne, ORMay 19, 2017
The guests were really fun to work with. Honestly the best part of the job were the guests. The management has no understanding that circumstances arise where you PHYSICALLY cannot make it into work, but they will pressure you to come in no matter what. If you have a fever, you are expected to come in or get written up. They will even go as far as telling you to take an Uber that they will not reimburse you for.

Scheduling is an issue as we had a meeting and nothing was heard. We always have split days off or they will give you your weekend at the beginning of one week, then the following week give it to you at the end of the week so you legally work two weeks straight. Trying to get that fixed we gave idea's as management said to, but they didn't bother to consider anything.

These are only a few things, but needless to say I would not recommend.
Front Desk
Guest Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAMay 19, 2017
Excellent Company to work for. Employees are great. You have room for advancement, great benefits, and 401k . Marriott allows to advance within the company
good place to start
Front Office Trainee (Former Employee) –  Austin texasMay 19, 2017
learned a lot in my one year rooms division internship, rotated as an front desk agent, at your service agent, executive lounge attendant, and night auditor.
Marriott
Corporate Group Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMay 19, 2017
I work for a franchised property, which is not as nice as working for Marriott corporate. I've heard Marriott benefits are great and once you work with them, you never want to leave.
Work
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 19, 2017
Cleaning is too priority and small meeting daily so that we can be cohesive. The manager does engage with all employees and will help if task calls for it.
Pros
Pay low
Cons
Consistent
Sr. IT Suppervisor (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 19, 2017
Great place to work as well the management team great helper to approved employees rates.
The workplace and culture are really great.

I enjoy working here
Productive workplace
Food and Beverage Attendant (Former Employee) –  Santa Rosa Beach, FloridaMay 19, 2017
I'm so blessed to work with Marriott family especially they are the biggest hotel chain in the world. Even though, we are only in career training when we worked there, they did let us feel that we are part of their family and we weren't left behind
Pros
Got to know different kinds of people in different races
Cons
Not accessible with public transportation
Great job
Banquet Server (Former Employee) –  Houma, LAMay 18, 2017
I enjoyed working for the Marriott, compensation is great, and the work environment is very professional. My managers weren't the greatest, but serving the guest made the job worth while.
Exciting and challenging
Sales Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Farmington, NMMay 18, 2017
Every morning to start the day we gather over coffee and donuts to discuss how to best achieve, how we as a team to accomplish our goal to provide the best customer experience.
You'll meet a lot of awesome people.
Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Schertz, TXMay 18, 2017
The job was fun, I got to meet a lot of interesting people. I learned how to manage different types of people. They do a lot of customer service tests.
Pros
Fun Enviornment
Cons
Crazy hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Marriott Vacations Worldwide. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2