Marriott Vacations Worldwide Employee Reviews

Found 3,989 reviews matching the search
nice place to work at
Night Auditor (Current Employee) –  Portsmouth, NHJanuary 20, 2017
Marriott offers competitive compensation and benefits for all associates. Depending on job role and location, Marriott associates receive:

Competitive benefit packages (which may vary by country according to employment laws and practices)
Hotel room discounts at our locations around the globe
Discounts on food and beverages, as well as retail discounts in our gift shops, at Marriott hotels around the globe
Competitive pay and advancement opportunities
In the ordinary course of business, compensation and benefits programs evolve as business needs and laws change. Therefore, the benefits outlined here may be subject to change.
Great place to work when starting out in the hotel work force
Guest Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Wayne, NJMarch 6, 2017
*Great place to work, when getting into the hotel business
* Schedule your own breaks, which is hard when busy and only have 20 minutes to eat.
* Management may take advantage of you, so try to keep a stable and firm mark.
*Offer benefits/insurance
*Work hours are different each week, rare to see normal set hours
Pros
Benefits and insurance offered. Great place to start to learn about the hotel business.
Cons
Don't have scheduled lunch breaks, Don't expect a raise, old-fashion procedure/policy, work different hours each week
Night Audit Summary
Front Desk Clerk/Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, TXDecember 28, 2016
My job was easy and I loved it, the only concern I have is for the management. Co-workers are no shows or are usually two hours late for their shift and when trying to get a hold of a manager there is no answer or no call back and I was stuck there until someone showed up. The lack of concern was very upsetting and as a manager I feel that it is their responsibility to either find reliable workers or cover the shifts that the people bailed on, not just let their good employees suffer. Other than that I loved the job but the stress becomes too much when there is not a solid management system in place.
Pros
Benefits, Free lunches, Discounts
Cons
Management, Co-workers not arriving on time for shifts
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 6, 2017
In a typical day in my job I fulfilled management task opening the facility as well greeting customers, preparing treatment rooms, recording patient's medical history and vitals sings, cleanings and sterilizing instruments, preparing and administering medications as directed by a doctor, collecting blood, or other laboratory specimens. Throughout the day I completed various administrative duties as well, including answering phone, reviewing patients charts, laboratories inventory, maintaining all logs and required checks. I also provide strong customers services and resolved customers issue.
Every day I learn how to make the patients and his family feel more satisfied and confident with the health care, making the hard part something positive for their benefits.
What compares more and gives meaning to our works is to see gratitude and acknowledgment of the patient regardless of their cultures, making them understand how important health care is.
Friendly place to work
EXEC. ADMIN. ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJanuary 27, 2017
Working for Marriott has been a positive experience from day one. I have always been able to approach management and HR with willing to help individuals.

I could probably make more salary at another brand, but Marriott treats their employees very well, as long as you are a good employee.

Working in San Francisco has it's challenges, ie: parking, commuting, tourists, etc..

Overall I liked the experience of working at a busy business hotel which is completely opposite of the huge resort I worked at in Truckee with the Ritz-Carlton
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Expensive to live in the area
Very Productive and Pleasant place to work
Front Desk Associate (Former Employee) –  Tucker, GAJanuary 4, 2017
Awesome! Awesome! We were one big happy family. Usually your concern would be your salary of course. But, based on the group that I worked with, we were family. We look out for one another on the job and outside of the work place. We became so tight and especially with the customers. Our clientele was to CDC, BellSouth, and others One memory that I will never forget is when a guest came that had a rare cancer disease, they had to come every two months and I would make sure they were taken care of. I received a beautiful gift, a praying guardian angel. Unfortunately, my guest past away but to know that I was able to bring some comfort and to make their stay comfortable. This company would always show their appreciation to the employees.
Pros
Great family oriented, shows appreciation to employees, and of course great meals.
Cons
Don't know!
Fun Workplace
Catering Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Fremont, CADecember 8, 2016
The Corporate Marriott is an enjoyable place to work for.

Typical day at work starts with checking emails and answering the
voice messages and replying to leads. Time flies so fast with
putting leads in the system, closing deals and drafting contracts.
Management is understanding if you request for time off or any help.
Co-workers are friendly and helpful.

Hardest part is hours of work 10-12 hours when you are on Salary.

Most enjoyable part of the job is friendliness be on a happy environment.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Short Breaks and long hours
Great company to work for. Great benefits.
Hostess/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 24, 2016
Greeted and walked customers to their table. Made sure severs knew they were seated in their station. Made sure work area was nice and cleaned. As a cashier I closed out checks for guests and servers. Took orders for take out and made sure each order had condiments and utensils. At the end of my shift, I closed out the register and made my drop for the breakfast and lunch shift. I was responsible for closing out my till along with the servers. Had great relationship with both AM and PM managers.

As a gift shop attendant I was responsible for opening and closing the shop. My daily routine was to stock the shelves and put in orders. Make sure everything was stocked for the next shift. I was also responsible for closing out my till along with my coworkers till.
Pros
Great hotel to work for. Great benefits for the employees
Cons
No cons for the hotel
Currently a Mess
Front Desk/Night Audit/Concierge (Former Employee) –  Racine, WIDecember 6, 2016
The Marriott I worked at was currently under renovations to become the second Delta in the U.S. In my six months working there I saw one GM quit, the VP of the owning company, who no longer is with the company, act as GM, and an "assistant GM" get hired who is acting as GM. One sales person walk out, the head of sales quit, 3 chefs in the restaurant, the long term accountant fired to "go in a different direction", but have the other accountant end up doing most of her work, and many faces in and out I was never introduced to. Also, The Front Desk Supervisor got fired for eliminating the position, and we keep hiring front desk people with "experience". For instance the Front Desk Supervisor whose been in the business, but has no idea how to use the Marriott computer system, which is what her job would consists largely of.

I understand they're trying to find a fit, but I got let go before they got very far with management.

Also, no benefits for basic staff and higher staff benefits were drastically cut.
Pros
Employee discount on rooms can be pretty good
Cons
No benenfits were available. No order in upper management.
Plenty of oppertunity to grow and advance.
Manager Trainee to General Manager (Former Employee) –  Washinton DC Area and Maryland.February 7, 2017
If you are willing to put in the time, the training was very good to advance in management. Good place to start to learn your craft. Benefits were not so good and very pricey. Long days and weeks.
Pros
Free meals for managers, great experienceto learn management very thorough training. The pay was good.
Cons
Work life balance was not desirable. Long days and more than 5 day a week were required at times.s
I like to stay busy and productive throughout the work day.
Hotel Front Desk Clerk (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCJanuary 30, 2017
I am always willing to learn new work details at anytime, I get along very well with coworkers and at the same time I like to leave with all of my work done for the day. I have a great deal of respect for the management team and if I were in a management position I would expect the same. The best part of a day is knowing I have accomplished a good days work and at the end of the week knowing we as a team had a great week.
Pros
Getting along with my coworkers
Cons
Good health benefits
Loved the People
Kitchen Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Rapid City, SDJanuary 11, 2017
Enjoyed everyone that worked there, but management is terrible. Didn't get my raise for months after promotion, didn't receive computer training because no one would show me how to even get to the site, and was chastised multiple times for a lack of name tag by a manager that didn't know how to make them and never gave me one.
Terrible morale in all depts due to management.
Upon putting in resignation was basically told, "Good, was going to fire you anyway."
Fun with no room to advance
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 17, 2016
Overall Marriott is a fun place to work. The Housekeeping department is the hardest working department. It was almost impossible to move from the department or to an higher position if you were not liked as much as the next person. The company alone is a beautiful company with tons of benefits. I loved and respected our management team they was always my go to but when it came to a jam they were not the pull up the sleeves and get the job done type. i typical day at work was getting my print out of rooms for the day then it's off to stock my cart. After my cart was done it was time to clean. If anyone fell behind you could ask to help anyone you wish. Lunch was provided for all staff which saved money for everyone.
Pros
free lunch, discounted parking, their owe credit union and tons of benefits
Cons
short breaks, no sick or vacation day, not enough paid time off
Fair benefits, but not a good place to advance.
Loss Prevention Officer (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 27, 2016
I have learned to interact with people, resolve many different situations. I had dealt with bomb threats, and an actual car bomb was parked next to our property where we had to evacuate part of the hotel. I had to deal with hostile patrons, guests, lost reports and investigations. Many different types of medicals. I had learned to write many different types of reports, using the proper vocabulary and terms. Management is not very useful, they based their leadership on who they like and who they do not like, if you keep the manager's refrigerator full of beverages, you are his favorite, and that is how some associates had being moved even tough they lack the education, preparation, skills and professionalism for the job. What I enjoyed of this job is the different cultures and races that you meet, during a course of the day. I also like the fact that no matter what I learned a lot on this job.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Do not appreciate real talent, lack of teamwork in the department and between departments.
Comfortable work environment.
Sous Chef (Current Employee) –  South Portland, MEFebruary 2, 2017
This company is a great place to start a career, with room for advancement to those who work hard and stay persistent. Management has a lot of knowledge that they are very good at passing down to their staff. It is a great place to learn the ins and outs of the industry.
Pros
Comfortable environment, freedom to create new items
Cons
Healthcare, compensation increases minimal
Productive and helpful staffs
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVJanuary 23, 2017
Helping to do accounts payable and receivable while performing a multi tasking guest services. I've learned to be open to change and flexible in daily routine. The management gave the staffs opportunities to grow and advanced in their career. The most enjoyable was be able to meet other people and made their stay memorable in our hotel.
Pros
Free breakfast
Cons
salary
Good job that allows you to control your earning potential.
Server/Waiter (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAOctober 3, 2016
This job is a great place to work for anyone who is very active. I work in the restaurant of the hotel. It is not a job where you can sit around and not be productive when the quantity of business demands. I enjoy how fast paced the environment can be at times.

Management, however, could withstand some tremendous improvements. That is the hardest part of my job. With managers that were willing to treat their team fairly, help and provide their team with the necessary essentials to achieve success during every shift would make my job more enjoyable.

I only have one other server with me most times and we don't have much help; a busser, a host 60% of the time, a dining room attendant or physical equipment required. As a result of that what I have learned most is to rely on myself and that I can do whatever I am determined to do.
Pros
Free lunch, paid weekly, full time benefits
Cons
cut hours, understaffed
Not that great..
Houseman (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GANovember 27, 2016
Only continued to work he so i could cover my bills while finishing college. Management is horrible and absent 80% of the time. Barely made enough to cover my bills, only continued to work here because they worked with my school schedule. I found an error in my pay and they had to back pay me because they never gave me my $0.25 raise after my 90 days, only reason i even got the money is because i noticed it, if left to them they would have continued not paying me properly.
Great place to gain experience
Assist guests efficiently (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNFebruary 18, 2017
Very organized, put together work place. The employees are friendly, the management is stern but approachable. Very nice benefits. They would keep track of customer reviews and treat it like a competition for each different part of the business like housekeeping, reception, maintenance, etc. All in all it was a fun and rewarding place to work, but the housekeepers definitely have the hardest job there.
Horrible example of a Marriott.
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Fullerton, CAFebruary 17, 2017
Chef/ Sous chef is rarely present and when present always talks down on employees or degrades them with hurtful words. Tons of empty promises from management. Food quality is nonexistent due to Chef not being present. Horrible training due to 8 different people training you. Hours the Chef gives doesnt allow proper 8 hours rest before next shift. Somedays no breaks.
Pros
Health, dental, vision benefits, PTO, Marriott Bucks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Marriott Vacations Worldwide. Our community is ready to answer.