Marriott Vacations Worldwide Employee Reviews

Great company
Customer Care/Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Solon, OHOctober 16, 2017
Love the flexible hours, types of the benefits, managed well great location, got to work from home like the pay and payouts and offered great discounts
Pros
Work from home and great pay
Cons
Have to go to Center for some reason
Providing Stella Customer Service
Telephone Operator (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCOctober 16, 2017
I go above in and beyond to make sure my guest have a great experience and is eager to come back. I make sure I accommodate my guest to the best of my ability. I provide accurate information at all times. After the service I provide my guest, they're eager to meet the person behind the voice.
Pros
Working with Celebrities and Guest
Cons
Dealing with angry guest
Kitchen Life
Restaurant and Banquet Attendant (Former Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLOctober 16, 2017
Working at a Marriott Center is a very stressful and busy job, but mostly fair. Sometimes the hours can be twisted around to help provide the customers with the best possible customer care for the day, but it will very. The kitchen were i worked was always busy with tons of food be prepared daily. Truck shipments once a week in the morning can be painful for how early they actually arrive. And you may be required to work some late nights depending on the events that the hotel has lined up for the night (i.e weddings, etc...). The working crowd when i was their was always very friendly and happy to be working during the day no matter how busy it got. Overall the experience was good while working their. You can climb the ladder slowly but surely, and eventually land a management job.
Pros
Always had a fun and productive work environment.
Cons
very short lunches, 30 mins, not many 15's
Changeling work environment,
Hotel Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 16, 2017
Bad manager, only concerned with one night stays (Resident Inn by Marriott is a extended stay hotel division) General Manager had no extended stay experience.
Pros
Great Resort property
Cons
Poor General Management ability's
I never worked foe Marriott Vactions
Guest Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Brookfield, WIOctober 16, 2017
I never worked for Marriott Vacations, not sure what information was given but it is wrong I worked for Townplace Suites by Marriott but not Marriott vacations
Pros
Never work for Marriott Vacations
Cons
Never worked for Marriott Vacations
pool hot tub basketball court outside grill
Engineer class 1 (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAOctober 16, 2017
they are very family oriented , the management team I work with is very good , helpful, understanding , set goals , everyone helps when there is a issue I`m really happy to be here ,
Pros
they provide tools to use, managment help you with your schedualing needs and sometimes there is food
Cons
just sometimes not enough hours in the day get stuff done but k it does get taken care of
Solid Place to Work
Production Artist/Graphic Designer (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 16, 2017
I was a Production Artist, and I have to say that after working in many studios in my career, this was my favorite. Great projects, its never boring, wonderful people who are more than willing to help if needed. I know that if they need help with anymore projects I'll be jumping at the opportunity. Not much of a review, but more of a thanks to the office.
Pros
Project management, employees, steady project flow, Adobe usage, lunch
Cons
None whatsoever. I guess, travel?
Great Brand
General Manager-LBA Properties (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCOctober 16, 2017
Enjoyed working for Marriott. Great leadership, and management skills. Great brand. Training in all aspects were good. Enjoyed working "Extended stay" brand. Most enjoyable were the associates.
Professional concierge level-service to guests
Bartender/Barista (Former Employee) –  Troy, ALOctober 16, 2017
Courtyard at the Marriott Inc. provides a comfortable and distinguished atmosphere for all employees to excel at their jobs with little to know internal stress factors. The infrastructure of most Marriott locations emits an ambience throughout the whole building stimulating a welcoming environment for all types of customers/guests. Management is strategically aligned and successful with proper reporting units that has a management system with ease of access to employees and also delivers value to guests with access to kiosks devices and customer review sites to make them apart of the Marriott experience.
Pros
Bistro/ Food and bar service/spacious/well developed and designed
Cons
some ambiguous between franchise stores
Working as a Dry Wall finisher / Painter
Dry Wall Finisher / Painter (Former Employee) –  Dublin, GAOctober 16, 2017
Up on a ladder most of the time. I leaned the dry wall process and the work was a fast pace due to deadlines and inspections.
Leaning to work with different crews as we all had deadlines to meet.
Pros
occasionally we would get free lunch
Cons
No health benifits
Loved working there.
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MIOctober 16, 2017
If I wouldn't have gotten carpal tunnel I would still be there. Great people with wonderful attitudes. Our boss always made sure we were good and fed us lunch almost every day.
Best company ever
Account Mgr, TX Regional Office (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 15, 2017
This is the best company ever to work for. Lots of opportunity for advancement. Great benefits that allows opportunity for travel to experience the company's products. Great training. Great place to work.
Pros
Great company
Work Life Balanace
Operations Assistant Banquet Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 15, 2017
There is a work life balance , which is the positive about working for this company. The pay is not so great , and a lot of times people in lower positions will make more money then you would in a managerial position.
Great experience in the hospitality business
BANQUET CAPTAIN (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHOctober 15, 2017
This job entailed working with clients, other associates in different departments. Setting up rooms for various events. Over see servers. Worked various hours. Received various training in many things. I have always enjoyed dealing with the public and providing excellent service. I never would have left this position, until The Engineer's club offered me a position.
Pros
Meeting all types of people, making sure events were a success for the client. Great benefits and good people to work with.
Cons
No advancement even when deserved
Front Desk Associate/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 15, 2017
No career advancement even when everybody recommends somebody to management for advancement. Terrible management skills. Hotel is very broken down, only good thing is the front desk which is very underappreciated.
Pros
my co workers
Cons
no lunch breaks, no breaks, stand all day
I just want too get out as soon as I can.
Dishwasher (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 15, 2017
I simply do not like the location I am at I am there only to tolerate it so I can get a pay check.Would not point anyone to work at Marriot Northwest.
Pros
I get along with fellow employees alright.
Cons
Its just not the same place that it was since key people left..
Interactive
Director of Rooms (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 14, 2017
Rewarding career advancement. Active and unpredictable day at work but nothing that cant be handled. Supportive team that is always willing to jump in.
third shift
Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Eugene, OROctober 14, 2017
The job itself was not bad. I worked night shift and was exposed to all kinds of exterior problems. On an average night I would have to deal with homeless people and drug addicts causing problems in the parking lot and around the hotel. I also did not feel very safe with a security guard that could barely walk and no cameras on the property.
Pros
hotel discounts
Cons
safety
Family oriented, empathizing, strict, business, informative, professional, and caring
Sales and Marketing Executive (Former Employee) –  St Thomas, VIOctober 14, 2017
I have been an employee for the Marriott for over 6 years. One of the very first employees to work for the Marriott frenchmans cove in the usvi. I loved working there. However I ended up working/transferred to sales and marketing/linkage and did not meet my quota so I had no choice but to resign.
Friendly Co-Workers
Accounts Receivable Clerk/Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Riviera Beach, FLOctober 14, 2017
The people under management are awesome to work with. Human Resources does a great job with ensuring they have the best of the best candidates to run the show.
Pros
GiveAways
Cons
Poor Management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Marriott Vacations Worldwide. Our community is ready to answer.