Marriott Vacations Worldwide Employee Reviews

Found 5,032 reviews matching the search
Beautiful place to work
FOOD& BEVERAGE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, FLSeptember 21, 2017
beachfront with free parking. high volume with a lot of tables in your section, up to 17. stressful yet rewarding and great discount program at Marriott hotels.
Pros
discount program, free lunch
Cons
stretch staff thin to point of breaking
Marriott
Event Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LASeptember 21, 2017
Marriott is a very competitive company. They are very much corporate run, however they are know for taking very good care of their employees given they stay long enough to work.
Productive and a Fun Experience Working the Breakfast/Dinner Banquet
Breakfast/Banquet Attendant (Current Employee) –  East Rutherford, NJ 07073September 21, 2017
Every morning I flawlessly prepare the kitchen banquet for our guests. The workplace culture is energetic and positive. THe most enjoyable part of the job is the positive feedback I receive from our regular customers verbally and when they post it online. The hardest part is the early morning hours, minor though I am used to it.
Good community
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Trumbull, CTSeptember 21, 2017
The job was awesome there was plenty to do all the time I stayed with something to do . It was a very positive environment I love working at a place Where I'm comfortable in my work environment.
Pros
There's were plenty of time where they feed us lunch
Cons
The healthcare was a great plan
Warm and welcoming atmosphere
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT FOR ENGINEERING (Former Employee) –  Marco Island, FLSeptember 21, 2017
Log onto the computer and pull up ASGARD
to track work details for all engineers.
Log on to Bank of America and check our credit card activity and code each transaction according to department and account number. Gather all invoices to corroborate with transactions on the account.
Prepare all accrual transactions on spreadsheet and turn into accounting each Friday.
Order supplies and uniforms for all engineers.
File work details and inspections each morning for the previous day's events.
Call vendors and make appointments, schedule contract talks and request invoices.
Pay all bills related to Engineering, such as Waste Management, BrightView Landscaping, Condee Cooling and Electric, Schindler Elevators, HD Supply, etc.
Prepare Purchase Orders for large purchases and obtain pertinent signatures.
Pros
Great working atmosphere. No drama, no negativity.
Cons
Job Security is non existent.
Great Work environment
Front Desk Associate (Former Employee) –  Katy, TXSeptember 21, 2017
I worked front desk. I learned how to use the computer and make reservations, answer phones, use the membership cards, check out clients, and maintain the front space
Mi primer trabajo en el extranjero.
Bartender profesional. (Former Employee) –  California, USASeptember 21, 2017
En este puesto pulí mi conocimiento en la industria hotelera, y fue donde aprendí inglés. Pase por recepción, servicio de habitaciones, housekeeping, supervisor del restaurante gastronómico, y senior bartender.
Pros
La cultura en Estado Unidos, el salario y la inteligente manera de pensar y el reconocimiento laboral.
Cons
Un país difícil para vivir a la larga.
Lacking Middle Management
Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 21, 2017
Managers fail to properly advise senior management of technology changes/advances. Sadly, there are also vice presidents who are fail to ask the proper questions of their directors and/or senior managers for the same. Any/all employee decisions below the executive branch are rarely evaluated or reviewed by them.
Pros
Okay Pay
Cons
Poor management, Stressful workplace
I don't like the management.
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Greenbelt, MDSeptember 20, 2017
I start my day off with doing my patrol. At 8:30 everyone has their meetings, we are assigned our duties and on we go.I do not like my working environment, the employees are very difficult to get along with. I haven't learned much as to what i already know. Management there don't show proper leadership, fairness, nor equality. The GM mircomanages the whole hotel and everyones department. Hardest part of the job was watching what to say to people. They would take offense to any little petty thing and send you straight to HR. Most enjoyable part of the job was talking to the old timers on how the building and people used to be before the new management came in.
Pros
Cons
short breaks, stressful environment, poor management, and no budget
A learning experience
Director of Engineering (Current Employee) –  Tarrytown, NYSeptember 20, 2017
Marriott is a great place to work, all colleagues work together in a very competitive and enjoyable environment. all policies and standards are well structured and applied at daily work routines.
great place to work recomended to everyone
Executive Chef Courtyard (Former Employee) –  Waterbury, CTSeptember 20, 2017
this was a great and rewarding job. I loved the people I worked with. This job was rewarding and challenging as well. I never had a dul moment here and alweays tell people to work with the Marriott hotel chain!
not the best place to work
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 20, 2017
very bad management skill ,lock communication ,short brakes , not on equal opportunity need more training lot more improvement needed. also proper bennifits.
Did not work for Marriott Vacations
Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Cocoa Beach, FLSeptember 20, 2017
I worked for a franchise company that owned four different hotels in the area. they were not all Marriotts. I never worked for Marriott Vacations only a Courtyard Marriott
Look else where
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Lehigh Valley, PASeptember 20, 2017
Hourly employees are more valued than management. Revenue team purposely oversells which creates a hostile work environment. Wok load is not spread evenly throughout the team. Staff does not respect young professionals in authority and there is absolutely no work life balance.
Pros
occasional discounts on rooms
Cons
hostile work environment
The best hospitality company in the world
Assistant Front Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 20, 2017
The Marriott brand is the most amazing brand not only in the hotel business but across the marketplace. With their "put people first" philosophy and a culture of innovation, inclusion and respect for everyone, makes Marriott my favorite place to work. I am honored to have worked for this company.
fantastic
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 19, 2017
I enjoyed working there everyone was friendly and nice. Many helped you to get to your golds. I had to quite due to my mother having a terminal illness.
Pros
hours
Cons
pay
Marriott hotels - not marriott vacation resorts
FIELD SUPERINTENDENT (Former Employee) –  United StatesSeptember 19, 2017
My association with Marriott Hotels was the greatest workplace I've ever been associated with.
The Architectural & Construction Division has not been duplicated and cannot be duplicated. The division was ran almost like a department of the government! You were responsible for your small part which was a part of the overall project. If you needed answers on a construction issue, you simply picked up the phone and called the architect or engineer. You got answers THAT DAY!
And Marriott Hotels took great care of their field men & women. You had to know how to build before you ever got through the hiring process. That's why you were placed on a project to represent Marriott Hotels.
Pros
Excellent
Cons
need more production, ans pay
Laundry Attendant (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNSeptember 19, 2017
well i work there for an while and in the laundry room , where there is needed and pay raise for the work they want to be done and more , dyers, and washers for the production of linen needed to be cleaned location is westend nashville court yard marriottt hotel
Pros
the works all some what getting across to head ceos
Cons
need more pay for the laundry workers, and more dyers, and washers
Always something new
Facility Engineer Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CASeptember 19, 2017
Every month there would be always a new project being worked on at the hotel which is great way to get varied experience.

The average work day usually did the same thing which was answer work orders and do preventative maintenance.

I learned about being customer friendly because as an engineer I was usually not the face that the guests would see on a daily basis, but i would have to work sometimes out in the open where i would be seen. I also learned a great deal about the large facilities refrigeration systems.

The management at the hotel was great where i got to learn quite a bit about the inner workings of hotels.

Even in the short amount of time that i worked at the hotel the most enjoyable part of the job was being able to work on new projects every month.
Pros
Free Meals
fun and friendly workplace
Front Desk Associate (Former Employee) –  Midland, MISeptember 19, 2017
I enjoyed working for The Marriott Brand. It was a fun and lighthearted workplace where everyone was kind. The hardest part of the job was the language barrier and communicating with some guests.
Pros
discounts on all marriott hotels
Cons
long hours on your feet

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Marriott Vacations Worldwide. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2