Marriott Vacations Worldwide Employee Reviews

Found 3,269 reviews matching the search
My favorite job ever
Guest Relations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Vincennes, INApril 1, 2016
I always looked forward to going into work in the mornings. My co-workers were my family and the guests were my friends. My day was mostly always the same, in terms of my responsibilities. However, the job was exciting because you just never know what will happen in a day in the hospitality industry.
I grew a lot at TownePlace Suites and I learned who I was. I learned not to let others' opinions of me affect the way I saw myself. I learned that not everyone will pull their weight at work, but many will step up when help is needed. And I learned to accept others from every walk of life.
I learned that you may not always agree with the management but that they have the experience and skills to make the hard decisions. I can't really say that there was a hard part. Meeting new people and making friends was my favorite part of the job.
Pros
Aflac insurance and regular raises, great owners to work for
Cons
Some departments were expected to perform their jobs without proper equipment and time.
Friendly and accomodating
Night Auditor (Current Employee) –  Marriott Residence Inn Mission ValleyApril 2, 2016
Great learning environment. A fantastic stepping stone for individuals who want to entertain the aspect of hospitality as a career. Career advancement is always offered. If your ready to be on the go, then this where you might want to be. Caters more to individuals who have no attachments and are less family oriented and can just relocate on a whim. Fantastic working atmosphere! Management is really hands off not much micro managing. Dialogue is casual and open ended.
Pros
Fun and spirit free
Cons
Pay is less than desireable and the compensation doesn't match the workload.
Used to be great
Marketing Executive (Former Employee) –  Hilton Head Island, SCFebruary 22, 2016
Marriott has changed drastically since going public in 2011. The pressure to produce has gotten out of control. Associates are stressed, management is uptight, customers are mad (the new point based system is not what its cracked up to be). Benefits at Marriott are good and the associate travel benefits are outstanding. Marriott properties are excellent. Making money used to be significantly better and many sales representatives struggle to get by; many marketing reps struggle as well. The difference between the haves (those very successful) and the have-nots (those struggling to get by) has increased dramatically. It's just not the same company that it used to be.
Pros
travel benefits
Cons
stressed management and staff; high pressure; lessening income potential
Large company with progressive views towards the future
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 26, 2016
MVCI has a fantastic attitude towards its employees and their input towards company growth. The management in place allows for continuous innovation and outside the box thinking, while maintaining excellent business practice standards. They promote a healthy work life balance and provide many opportunities to get involved in the community from a philanthropic standpoint.
Pros
Benefits and perks, competitive pay, aggressive innovation
Cons
Operational silos
Great Experience
Externship (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 9, 2016
I really enjoyed the experience of talking and shadowing each department within the property. It changed my career decisions and I would love to be apart of the Marriott Company. The managers were amazing, and the idea of working together really came through. I loved there goals and there meetings every morning of their goals for today and where they were relative to those goals. It was a very inspiring experience. I learned that you need to work up within the hospitality industry and each department brings something very important to the table.
Pros
Impowerment, benefits, family culture
Cons
starting our hours
amazing place to work for
Guest Service Representative Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Hawthorne, CAFebruary 27, 2016
Working at townplace suite was a great and freindly place to work. You would always meet new people for all around the world. I learned how to become for helpfull with guest concerns. management is great and helpful to there co workers and guest. They were easy to speak to. What was hard for me to work at townplace was the overnight hours. But i loved working for this company great atmosphere, good benefits and friendly co wokers
Pros
great discounts
Energetic and Fun place to work.
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Shawnee, KSMarch 28, 2016
My typical day is filled with laughter, enthusiasm, encouragement, and much more. I've learned how to be a better sales representative and through many changes in staffing, I've adapted and become a successful manager.

I've had the pleasure of working with some of the best Operations and Sales Managers in the industry and have learned so much in my time with the company. The hardest part of the job is finding a balance between scheduling visits with customers during high call volume times while training and educating the Sales Coordinator position.

The most enjoyable part of this position is establishing relationships with the customers and being able to provide them with the type of service they deserve and develops a loyalty to our hotel. Our customers know that I will do whatever it takes to ensure their service expectations are not only met but exceeded.Our customers know that they can count on me to assist with the many changes in even planning and execute a successful event.
Pros
Fun working environment, Trade-out Perks, Gratuities, Bonus Program
Cons
Limited Staffing, Being pulled into other departments, No Banquet Staffing, Low Salary
A social environment with a focus on service with great benefits.
Server/Bar Tender/Food Runner (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 7, 2016
Although new management has stepped in which may not be entirely agreeable, I admire the workforce here who has great dedication and friendliness. Due to the demand of business the opportunity to work many hours is available. The pay seems to be fair and the benefits are a perk.
Pros
HR offices located on site as well as a cafeteria with food at low cost.
Cons
New management has many employees questioning their values/attitude.
This is for Marriott International not Kansas City Airport Marriott as it is a Franchise now
Senior Event Manager for Marriott International (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOFebruary 8, 2016
Marriott International
Excellent Leadership at proprety level
Good Balance
Advancemnet

Senior Corporate Leadership is now a non hotelier
The bottom line is all that matters now.
While the face of the company is still great the culture is not what is was for the last 30 years.
Pros
Enviorment pay benefits training
Cons
Not the employee and customer based company it used to be
a nice place to work
Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLFebruary 15, 2016
I found the staff from top to the last person to be friendly and willing always to be a team player. I found coworkers and management to be very knowledgeable in their field of work and other departments. I learned to control my inner shyness and face it by cleaning the lobby,
I found the hardest part was finding a sheet to fit the bed in the one suite on the ninth floor and dealing with a communication gap with the Spanish-speaking employees, I found many acted like they could not speak English when they could and we laughed after they were caught. I just didn't think it was nice of the ladies or the men to act this way. I best memories I have are of helping someone before they left the hotel because they left their laptop in the room, I called the lobby at the front desk and they were there. I proceeded down to the front desk right away so they would not run late. I enjoyed meeting coworkers from all over the world. I worked with people from Russia, Purto Rico, Haiti, Bahamas, even shanghai, China. We had our own United Nations, and we worked great together.
Pros
health benefits, the hours, the lunch break.the breakroom and the food.
Cons
working with one uniform, missing towels and the other housekeepers hoarding the towels.
great place to work
Guest Services (Current Employee) –  Riviera Beach, FLMarch 29, 2016
awesome staff and management is very supportive of personal lives. good benefits, and vacation. fun atmosphere. Great guest who come back every year to vacation at the resort.
Pros
gift cards, lunches provided by the GM, great training modules provided and are avail to help excel customer service to guest.
Cons
n/a
Good Working environment at property level
Director of Sales (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FlMarch 21, 2016
Self Empowered to perform my job with management and regional assistance if needed. Great location. Friendly staff at hotel level. Longevity among back of the house employees, ie Housekeeping, Laundry and Engineer
Pros
Benifits and Awards
Cons
Turn over with Front Desk and Bistro hourly employees
Busy but a fun place to work
Cold/Hot prep, Omelette Station, Cold side Line (Current Employee) –  Tysons Corner, VAJanuary 6, 2016
My days would start at 5:30am and end between 2-3pm. Some days when it was busy I would be there till 5pm the latest. I've learned many stations while working here. My co-workers were very nice and helpful. Management can be helpful at times when they weren't busy. The hardest part of the job was when I would be by myself setting up for banquets. The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing the customers were happy and enjoyed the food that I made for them.
Benefits
Cons
Early Morning Shifts
Fast paced work environment
ENGINEER (Current Employee) –  Macon, GAMarch 14, 2016
We maintain 3 large facilities with limited supplies and team members, and 2 of the facilities are 40 years old or older. I have learned a lot from hands on experience and working with other vendors and technicians.
Pros
Health benefits and room discounts
Cons
We use our own tools and sometimes new hires don't have all they need.
It is great place to work in the Summer
Auditor (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIFebruary 23, 2016
The J.W Marriot is household name it has great full time benefits it just take forever to become full time and you must be on the job so long before that happens. The management goes by the length of time there and not the qualifications....
Pros
free lunch
Cons
no room for growth throughout the company
Productive and very diverse work place.
Houseperson (Current Employee) –  Springfield, VAMarch 16, 2016
It can be very busy and challenging sometimes because it requires you to be flexible in different working conditions, but it is really fun working here. Co-workers were very nice and friendly. They also have lots of benefits and rewards to their employees.
Pros
Lots of awards/rewards
Cons
Working hours
Professional and pleasant work environment
Concierge Lounge & Front Desk Attendant (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAFebruary 17, 2016
Company provides safety training classes, co-workers are friendly, management staff very helpful as well as considerate. A great place to be employed with. An amazing and unforgettable company to work for.
Pros
Insurance Benefits offered to F/T employees
Cons
Split Shifts
Company itself is good but not this location
Guest Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 8, 2016
Working at this location there was a lack of leadership and management involvement. They also played favoritism and bad with passing on information to the entire staff.
Pros
Marriott is a good company, Benefits
Cons
location no breaks
Fun & Enthusiastic Workplace
Front desk Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, FLNovember 9, 2015
A typical work day includes dealing with guest concerns and handling them appropriately. We also handle booking reservations, canceling reservations, rebating appropriate stays, as well as faxing and emailing companies invoices.

I learned how a hotel is ran through all departments from Sales and Night Audit all the way to Engineering and Housekeeping.

My Management was very processional but were also caring and was there to support you and the decision you made.

Co-worker were outgoing and personable.

The hardest part seeing how enrolled rewards members took advantage of their statuses to try and receive free items.

The most enjoyable part were the guest, I loved meeting new people from all around the world and talking with them.
Pros
401k Matching
There is a reason why they are in the top 100 companies to work for!
Marketing Agent (Former Employee) –  South Lake Tahoe, CANovember 30, 2015
Marriott is an incredible company. Not only do they care about there clients they also really appreciate their employees. They are philanthropists, giving back to their community in many ways. They have great benefits. The leadership staff should be an example to other companies. I highly recommend Marriott as company to work for. I learned incredible skills from Marriott, including customer satisfaction, closing, problem solving. The hardest part of my job was having to leave the company to relocate to Breckenridge.
Pros
Great discounts on rooms, benefit and 401k packages
Cons
longer work hours in the winter.

Marriott Vacations Worldwide Reviews by Location