Marriott Vacations Worldwide Employee Reviews

working at marriott
Front desk representative (Current Employee) –  Denton, TXFebruary 19, 2018
Great benefits to working at the courtyard Denton such as the discounts to Marriott and Starwood. Good balance of work life and home life. Enjoy what i do.
Pros
free food
Cons
no breaks
productive, not a fun place to work.
Security Officer/Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 19, 2018
It's a solid company, it's what they do. However their bottom line is the only thing that matters to Marriott. While working there you find yourself feeling like you could be fire at anytime for anything.
Pros
great pay and benefits
Cons
Not a warm place to work.
productive busy place of business good work enviorment
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Orange, CTFebruary 19, 2018
my experience was good. management cultured a pleasure to be a part of the team. always felt welcome always willing to teach and communicate with what is best for the company and their employees.
Pros
company advancements.company celebrations reconigtions
Great
Guest Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MOFebruary 19, 2018
A great place to work! loved management worked well with everyone! felt like a family and felt i had a big future with this company, and great great employee discounts!
Pros
Relaxed
Cons
Standing to long
Beautiful hotel
Receptionist/ housekeeper (Former Employee) –  WisconsinFebruary 18, 2018
Everytime I visit Wisconsin this is the only place I was staying very meet very clean fun-loving people to work with and to go to have a relaxing evening what an experience
constructive and fast pace.
Quality Assurance, Set up Technician (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNFebruary 18, 2018
We basically set upfor events that go on at the old convention center.
The set up times vary based upon the date of the event.Bringing out chairs and rolling the table to the selected ballrooms.
Pros
Meeting new people and building buisnes relationships.
Cons
when there was no events, no work for the day.
New, But Impressed
Customer Care Center Representative (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 18, 2018
I've only been with them a short time, but I'm looking forward to an extended workplace. This is a second job for me, but advancement is to easy, I will see if I can become a home agent instead of going into the call center for work. This will determine how long I stay.
good place to work
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Opelika, AL 36801February 18, 2018
good place to work. learned a lot of management materials and got a lot of training and development. I would recommend that anyone to work with marriott.
Contract
Construction Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 18, 2018
All great opportunity. Solid ability to demonstrate my knowledge is VE, and construction.
The team was very receptive to options and direction. Great and rewarding experience.
Great Place to work
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAFebruary 18, 2018
Great pay as well as commission Great benefits. Great Management. Room for advancement and growth within the company. Great discounts for Marriott rooms.
i loved this job
Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Gettysburg, PAFebruary 18, 2018
i learned that it is important to work as a team. management was poor and showed favoritism. management was decent when giving hours and being understanding with my situations at home. the hardest part of the job was dealing with lack of communication between employees and management. the best part about working there was the free coffee and the over all experience of being able to help make guest experiences at the hotel better. .
Pros
free lunch and coffee
Cons
horrible staff communication
Fun workplace, games and good managent
CUSTOMER CARE SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEFebruary 17, 2018
I would recommend this job to anyone unemployed. Discounts on hotel rooms, easy to get along with all supervisors, great location, paid vacation, and great health benefits.
verry good
TOURS COORDINATOR AND CUSTOMER SERVICE (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 17, 2018
if i need to go back and work for them i will do it againg working at this place is great very profecional team work and good pay working at marriot i also experience to meet people from difrent country and city wich is great i was always happy to work here
Fun place to work
Hospitality Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Singer Island, FLFebruary 17, 2018
Great Managers friendly service easy to find parking, you also get to meet alot of guest who become sort of like a family after a while of seeing them each year
Pros
Beautiful view
Cons
No buying food from the local eatery as it is only to guests
Its a fun place to work
Bartender and Manger (Current Employee) –  Clarksville, TNFebruary 16, 2018
A great plce to work, getting to all kinds of people from all across the world. I wouldn't change nothing about it, their is so much to learn in the hotel/motel industry..
a nice job work
Cook (Current Employee) –  Cleveland,Ohio 44106February 16, 2018
i like to cook and prep the food ,and i like to see the guest happy with their order, clean up and stock for the next day enjoy the staff and have fun
Pros
discounts
Cons
lack of team work
very clean
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VA 23320February 16, 2018
Get customer service. All employees had great hygiene. Rooms and spaces was always cleaned. Nice smiles, and overall a wonderful team to work with. I loved interacting with customers,
Pros
discounts
Cons
short breaks
Work environment is excellent management is poor
Banquet Server (Current Employee) –  Macon, GAFebruary 16, 2018
Need another management team need steady hours need uniforms for banquets and more materials to work with need more banquet servers and setup team need to be there with banquets and we need security on the premises
Pros
Free lunch
Great place to work.
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCFebruary 16, 2018
I love my job and it is a great place to work. Has a very tenured staff, which makes it hard to move up at this particular hotel. I absolutely love the staff and the company!!
Great culture as a company
Senior Supervisor Training (Former Employee) –  United StatesFebruary 15, 2018
Great company with lots of benefits and perks. Great incentives for top performers in attendance, sales, and customer service. Leadership recognition and incentives need improvement.
Pros
Culture, fun, customer and employee focused
Cons
Limited advancement opportunities in management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Marriott Vacations Worldwide. Our community is ready to answer.

53.7K