Marriott Vacations Worldwide Employee Reviews

Found 4,000 reviews matching the search
fun plan to work
Server, Hostess, Room Service and Banquet Server (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMarch 20, 2017
This company its awesome, they offer a lot of benefits for the employees, they care about you and they let you grow up i that is what you are looking for.
Very unfortunate
Assistant Housekeeping Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 20, 2017
Marriott's philosophy of "Take care of the employees and in return the employees will take care of the guests" is just simply not true. After this jib, I know exactly how not to run and operate an operation as well as how to manage a large staff.
Pros
Job security because they can't find anyone else who will take it
Cons
everything
Builds your work ethics
Food and Beverage Server (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYMarch 19, 2017
Very long hours, overworked with minimum pay. working two different position for the price of one. The staff is friendly and welcoming. Management needs work.
Pros
overtime
Cons
No breaks, minimum pay for the job of two
Marriott
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) –  Galveston, TXMarch 19, 2017
Marriott is a great company to work for because they care about their employees. The company ensures that each of the employees have benefits and work life balance.
Great customer service
Rooms Controller (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMarch 19, 2017
Not room for advancement in another role, very difficult to move and get promoted unless you know someone important on the industry. Not competitive pay.
Benefits
Cons
Not room to growth
fast pace
Parking hotel cars (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAMarch 18, 2017
i worked really hard in this job. Had been given tips and many positive comments from the people whose car i have parked and taken care of. I loved that job.
Pros
celebrate with some gifts for my kids
Great Job with good benifits
Front Desk Manager/Guest Services (Former Employee) –  Bentonville, ARMarch 17, 2017
This was a job i truely enjoyed. Worked with many different people from different places traveling for buisness. I loved the people i met and helped. The workplace culture was great.
Pros
The people
Cons
Have to Work Holidays
Courtyard Managed property
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNMarch 17, 2017
Work life balance and compensation were not great but on par with other properties. Work culture was great, we truly had a family in that property. I would not consider returning however with new management.
Pros
culture
Cons
Compensation
Professional fast paced workplace
Front Desk Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Westminster, COMarch 17, 2017
Marriott Residence Inn offers a fun energetic place to work. The benefits and caring staff make it a wonderful place work. The ever changing guests make each day a new experience.
Pros
Friendly caring staff.
Cons
wages
fun experience
Front desk associate (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INMarch 16, 2017
Residence Inn a was a fun job. I met very interesting and some famous guests. It had descent pay and discounts. management was very considerate of the employees.
Pros
discount hotels
Nice place to work
Event Setup (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 16, 2017
Working at the Jw marriott Indianapolis is very exciting due to the fact that there is a mix of all culture and once inside the building you will find yourself in a world where each one has a different thing to share.I have learned a lot of thing like how to do setting welcoming guest and also get the experience on how hospitalityis like. The hard part of the job may be language barrier we encounter from other people who do not speak the same language as us. We enjoy sharing ideas about culture and friendship when in teamwork
Pros
free lunch foods all time
Cons
waste of food
Very Strict and closed minded
Reservation Specialist (Former Employee) –  OmahaMarch 16, 2017
I like the job and the benefits were great but for a nursing mother I found it hard to adhere to their policies and my motherly duties. I was not allowed extra time to pump during my breaks and they did allow me more than six week maternity leave after my C-section. I found this to be very disheartening and insensitive, especially because I was a first time parent.
good place to work
Front Desk Associate (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYMarch 16, 2017
I really enjoyed my experience with Marriott. everyone i worked with was friendly and wanted to do their job well. management was kind and helpful. the hardest part of my job was being alone for eight hours every night. the best part of my job was being left alone for eight hours every night.
Great place to work.
Server (Former Employee) –  York, PAMarch 16, 2017
I started out as a bistro server. The GM knowing my interest in HVAC and maintenance gave me a chance doing maintenance in the hotel. Reasonable pay and opportunities for advancement.
Pros
Free food and coffee
Cons
Hours
it is a great place to work.
Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Manhattan Beach, CAMarch 16, 2017
It is a great place to work, the staff is amazing. There is alot of hussle and bussle involved but you will find that your coworkers are there to lend a helping hand when necessary.
Pros
the maintenance staff is awesome.
Cons
its not the best pay and offers no benefits.
Great place work
Engineer (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTMarch 16, 2017
Management, great people to work for.
Wages and Insurance could have been
a little better.Workplace environment exceptional,
clean daily.Would recommend.
Pros
Half price on all rooms
Cons
Wage, Insurance
Great for college kids
Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALMarch 15, 2017
Night audit it perfect for those of us in school. It really gives you time to go to class and have a life not to mention study for those tricky exams.
Job review
Breakfast Attendant (Former Employee) –  Hanover, MDMarch 15, 2017
It was a good experience working with this company. They worked with when I had some things going on in my life. I didn't have any issues with the company.
Pros
Good staff
Cons
Short staff
Loved working at the Marriott
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 15, 2017
The Marriott Hotel was something new for me. I didn't actually work in the Hotel where the people check in for rooms but at the corporate office with the Vice president and sales representative. I got a chance to meet a lot of the sales team and let me tell you they were the most kindest people you will ever meet. I enjoyed my job and time when I worked there.
Pros
free lunch, discounts, incentives
Fun and welcome
Housekeeping Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNMarch 14, 2017
People are nice honest willing we had alot of events and parties and lots of guest wanting to stay xtra nights we had kids who love playing in the pools and we had the roif top pool for adults

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Marriott Vacations Worldwide. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2