Marriott Vacations Worldwide

Marriott Vacations Worldwide Employee Reviews

Great Work/Life Balance
Financial Services/Customer Service Manager (Current Employee), Lakeland, FLOctober 7, 2013
Company's belief is that if you take care of the associate, they will take of the customer; most associates have started their career here and have been here almost 20 years; a very strong sense of family/work balance.
Your better off going to the casino
Sales Executive (Former Employee), newport beach, caSeptember 18, 2013
Pros: waste of time
Cons: they lie to you.
I worked in Newport Vacation Ownership. Firstly the environment is competitive. Watch out they have the tiers set so you don't get paid very little until you hit them. And there might not be enough tours to give you the opportunity to hit the tiers. Do the math opportunities, closing ratio x volume and fit in the commission tiers. Viola not a lot unless your the top 3.
Marriott is a leader in the vacation ownership industry.
Senior Director, Government Affairs (Former Employee), Orlando, FLSeptember 2, 2013
Marriott is focused on providing the best product and service in the vacation ownership industry, and provides good benefits.
Excellent to work for
Vacation Planning Counselor (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTJune 21, 2013
The employees at Marriott Vacations Worldwide are so spoiled. They have activities and food that you can attend frequently. I loved working for Marriott!
Bright employees, fun environment, great work life balance.
Director of Finance (Current Employee), Orlando, FLMay 16, 2013
Overall fantastic place to work. Employees are regarded as the most important asset to the senior leaders. As such, resources are spent on numerous learning opportunities, employee recognition programs, and fun activities.
Great opportunity for global advancement
Senior Supervisor Resort Liaison (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTMarch 5, 2013
Great diverse work atmosphere with opportunity for global advancement.
Great company in Central Florida
Senior Financial Analyst (Current Employee), Orlando, FLMarch 4, 2013
Pros: flexible work/life balance, good pay, good benefits
Cons: promotion process
MVW rewards employees with some great benefits and decent pay. There is always the ability to contribute and be recognized if you are willing to put in the hard work. Being promoted is far too much of a process and the company needs to work on developing from within better.
It's not bad
Recreation Attendant (Current Employee), Orlando, FLFebruary 25, 2013
The property I work at is very small and everyone knows everyone and is fairly friendly. Most managers are able to work around school schedules.
Commission sales
SALES EXECUTIVE (Former Employee), Palm Desert, CAFebruary 19, 2013
A great job with wonderful people but I could not deal with a commission only sales position at this time in my life.
Marriott Vacations Worldwide is a good company to work for.
Assistant Controller (Current Employee), Palm Beach County, FloridaJanuary 26, 2013
As a manger, I find the company to be a good company to work for.

February 8, 2013

Worked for MI for six years and then became the "spin-off" and what a disaster. Management changed, rules changed, and now to me it is not the same dependable, caring company like it was when Mr. Marriott was CEO. The cut backs in employment so MVWC could earn more money for management really shows.

Fun and productive work environment
Food and Beverage Associate (Current Employee), Newport Beach, CADecember 3, 2012
Pros: great people to work with
Cons: not much place for advancement
Great environment to work in, relaxing setting and overall great organization with all departments
fun place to work
Customer Service (Former Employee), slc utNovember 26, 2012
Pros: good bebifits close to home
Cons: managers are not there for employees
I really enjoyed my job at Marriott.However when I needed some guidance I feel they did not offer such good advice
Fun work environment.
Sales Coordinator (Former Employee), Orlando, fLOctober 7, 2012
Pros: management team and coworkers
Cons: not enough hours (only 30-32 a week) and always ran out of leads to call at least once a week
I enjoyed going to work every day. The management team and my coworkers were always fun, and made every day a good day to be there. The hardest part of the job for me, personally, was selling over the phone. This was my first sales job, and I did not feel that type of work was for me. I did learn to think more on my feet though, and challenged myself each day to learn something new.
Great company, great people
Linen Room Attendant / MLR (Former Employee), Orlando, FLSeptember 12, 2012
Pros: promising hours, appreciation, nice people
Runed sold room reports, verified room status, determined discrepant rooms, prioritized room cleaned, and updated status of departed guest rooms. Assisted Housekeeping management in managed daily activities. Acted as a liaison that coordinated the efforts of Housekeeping, Engineering, Front Office, and Laundry.
Corporate changes have been a detriment to company as of late
SERVICE SUPERVISOR, REPORTING SPECIALIST (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTJune 27, 2012
Changes within the corporate environment since the timeshare division split from the hotel portion have been a detriment to both the company and customers. Previous perks are now non-existent or small, raises are not as large as they were in the past. Timeshares in general are too difficult and expensive as an investment.

Marriott Vacations Worldwide Salaries