MARS Employee Reviews

Unprofessional
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Paducah, KYJanuary 13, 2018
Upon accepting a position with MARS I was promised during my interview (which they hired on the spot; HIGH turn-around rate), the since I obtain my Bachelor's Degree in Healthcare Administration, they for-scene, the ability to advance myself within 3 months to a management role. I stuck it out with the company for 3 years, during these passing years, MULTIPLE upper management positions became available, each passing on, this company fill that position with an outer applicant instead of hiring within. They demanded you worked overtime at the end of the month to be able to meet their promises to the contracts, some days this would consist of 12-15 days, with no consideration if you had children to pick up from daycare or prior arrangements at the scheduled time of the end of your shift.
Pros
easy work
Cons
poor management, no advancement, work envirornment crowded and cold, gossipy, favoritism, high turn around
Wrigley:Mars
Relief Operator (Former Employee) –  Flowery Branch, GAJanuary 13, 2018
Wrigley mars manufacturing was a great place to work. Provided all the material and training you need to perform your job. Great health benefits and time off.
Hard work pays off
Utility Operator (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJanuary 12, 2018
This factory floor position was hard, but not difficult, work. The company itself is fantastic to work for and so long as you put in your time and enough effort, the advancement is nearly limitless. If not for my feet, which require surgery, I would still be working for the company. Once I'm literally on my feet again, I will be looking into possible positions again.
Pros
Benefits, overtime, 4-day workweek, great people
Cons
long days/nights (12-hour shifts), can get redundant
Lovely
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJanuary 12, 2018
Great job easy work good management. Tab and Trent are wonderful down to earth people I would recommend this job for anyone looking for a nice laid back position
Pros
Cons
Pay
Good pay for too much stress and responsibilities.
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Topeka, KSJanuary 10, 2018
Ran line by myself and expected to cover other lines when operator went to breaks and lunch. We never got a relief operator the whole time I was there. Everyone complained about the lack of training. It was very stressful. Add in the fact, that your family life will never be normal, you rotate every 2 weeks and I felt jet-lagged all the time. The overtime was mandatory and you were pointed if you didn't come in. I thought I would only be running a production line. I stock-handled, ordered stock, moved stock in and out of the line, a quality checker, input data for engineers, filled out maintenance orders, ran 7-10 machines, in charge of 2-5 staff people, troubleshooting each machine and learning to run human interface computers on each machine.
Pros
great pay
Cons
lack of breaks
Productive and fun when we play raffle game
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  IllinoisJanuary 4, 2018
It was fun working there especially when everybodys doing thier job. Then production is flowing and deadlines are. I did several duties I would perform janitorial I would run the fork liftcheck I learned how to make labels for the packages for shippping I also learn how to wrap the boxes and packages for the shipping the most enjoyable time was when there was incentives given to you attendance work performance and there was room for advancement.
Pros
They would have special days they would have pizza
Cons
They have first aid medical assistance was available
Production worker
M&Ms Mars (Former Employee) –  Albany, GAJanuary 4, 2018
I learned how to operate machines and pack and shipping and handling and receiving and loading using good customer service experience working well with others.
Awsome place to work.
Flex Associate (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, TNJanuary 1, 2018
Loved working for Mars pet care people are awesome location is great a very good future for someone looking to become in a position of authority. Job is relaxed and could go to quick paced in a second.
Pros
Pay and Benefits
Cons
Rotating shifts
review
Nursing assistant peal bill home care (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCDecember 23, 2017
I am a hard worker I also love to help people no matter where you come from I believe on a positive workplace culture leads to increased productivity, better employee morale and the ability to keep skilled workers. Negative attitudes in the workplace, particularly when they are displayed by management or the small business owner, can have a dramatic impact on the entire workforce.for me the job dont have hard part if you love what you doing is not not hard part .I enjoy to be part of the patient life .
Value Stream Manager (Current Employee) –  Greenville, MSDecember 20, 2017
High paced, challenging place to work which values all employees as true associates. Every quarter engagement sessions are completed with all associates.
Perfect place to work
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  WisconsinDecember 13, 2017
All employees are very nice and friendly wonderful place to work. i very much enjoyed my time there. Management was polite and understanding. In my time there I learned many important skills
Great place
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCDecember 11, 2017
No opportunity for advancement. People are promoted in regards to who you know not what you know. Only perk is when they give free pet food or chocolate.
Mars, Inc.
Partner (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTDecember 11, 2017
GREAT Family owned company - not much room for advancement unless you are willing to relocate frequently. Leadership is skilled but seems to look out for their well being - not the associates.
Mars
Strategic Operations Manager - Capital (Former Employee) –  Franklin, TNDecember 11, 2017
Overall, Mars, Inc is a good company. Good social responsibility. Being able to bring your dog to work is a definite plus. Great people with which to work.
Don't come here mid career.
Sr brand manager (Former Employee) –  Franklin, TNDecember 9, 2017
Came to mars expecting this wonderful environment, that's what they sell you on. It's terrible. Management doesn't care about you unless you are in their innercircle. So many people are forced out here. They like people who started their career here. Those are the ones that never seem to go. Don't come here mid career it can kill you. Management talks five principles but doesn't live it. This isn't the mars chocolate company. This is mars pet who bought p&g and dome and a bunch of other companies. They have no identity and very weak management.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Work culture.
Collaborative and competritive environment
Financial Telecomm Analyst (Former Employee) –  Mount Olive, NJDecember 4, 2017
My typical day at work was very busy and usually involved frequent meetings.
I learned more about telecom billing, and also that things are not always the way they appear at first glance.
Management was always very hands on and responsive.
The workplace culture was fast paced at times.
good place too work
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Albany, GADecember 1, 2017
Great place to work, sometime stressful days when the scope of daily run changes. When you're scheduled to be off and someone called out. you have to come in to cover the shutdown, if you scheduled off
Pros
overtime
Cons
no room for advancement
Nurse
Baker Victory Services Buffalo (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 26, 2017
Medical and administrative Insurance verification, Chart Review. Daily contact with providers, ST, PT, OT, insurance verification, families. Planning of meetings with all disciplines
Good
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Albany, GANovember 26, 2017
I like working at Mars fun environment and quit employee are not hard to get along with will help u get on a with company if your work performance excellent
Fun Place
Country Manager (Former Employee) –  Dominican RepublicNovember 20, 2017
People make the difference and the culture is one of a kind.,The principles are the key to everything. Forward thinking and always putting people first.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Lack of Processes

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MARS. Our community is ready to answer.