MARS Employee Reviews

Fast pace
Packer (Former Employee) –  Manteno, ILMarch 23, 2017
I wish the pay was better as the work we done and I wasn't told it was fast for the little money they were paying I just wanted to be comfortable at what I was doing.
Pros
Short lunch period
Cons
No extra breaks
Masterfoods Inc in Vernon Ca
Logistics Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Vernon, CAMarch 20, 2017
I worked for a division of Mars, Masterfoods, Inc.
Handling a Club account.
I would say that working for Masterfoods Is Okay at the very best.
But, they are a Company that used Fear and intimidation as a motivation.
Most people are Zombies and don’t even realize the culture is so Toxic.
Sad, that a company, that could be such a great place is based in a bulling tactic.
Management is filled with nothing but Yes men, that don’t listen to concerns but only punish.
Workers are afraid to tell the truth, that no one wants to hear.
They only talk about you is up or who is down or out in the company as motivation.
The employees I worked with where always worried if they would have a job next week or if,
They would be axed if they made a mistake,
Management was always looking to blame someone to keep themselves looking good.
(Big mistake to talk to anyone is Management honestly)
Hard working employees don’t get rewarded. Advancement is Political.
Hard to stay human or real in this toxic environment.
Only good thing was the free snacks, that make you fat.
Pros
Snacks
Cons
Toxic enviroment
Productive and fun place to work at.
Human Resources Specialist (Former Employee) –  Hackettstown, NJMarch 14, 2017
Overall MARS is a great place to work at. Great communication, mentoring, management, and workplace culture. They even give you free candy/ice-cream/samples etc.
Pros
Friendly environment
Cons
Smelling chocolate.
High Volume Contract Work
Medical Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Garden Grove, CAMarch 8, 2017
Great earning potential. Small working office. Able to work independently. Fast pace. Ability to achieve bonuses. Very short working experience overall.
Positive experience
Regional Distribution Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 4, 2017
Highly engaging culture, but a lot of turnover and constant uncertainty around business performance and expectations.
Long work hours and great smell of chocolate
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Hackettstown, NJFebruary 28, 2017
Very busy work place. Working 10 to 12 hour shifts at busy times. Co workers were fun. Constant changing of ideas and product changes. Fun enviroment. Learned all positions in my department.
Pros
Free candy during breaks
Cons
nice atmosphere and good people
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Manteno, ILFebruary 27, 2017
very easy work I am a people person so I got to enjoy many types of characters daily. management is a little over the top but its pretty fair. the hardest part is making sure you hold your composer dealing wit belligerent people who don't want to pay a tab
Pros
free candy
Cons
short breaks cold building
Excellent workplace
Assembly Worker (Former Employee) –  ManteFebruary 19, 2017
Clean,exciting,fast-pace environment.Management exudes great confidence and examples of teamwork within getting our goal accomplished.
Mars
Director of Innovation Engineering (Former Employee) –  WorldwideFebruary 14, 2017
Mars was an incredible company to work with and gave back 10 fold what you put into it. The family and leadership are the smartest, most driven and technically focused an engineer could ever ask dream of finding.

If you can drive it, you can do it at MARS....and Innovation and Quality are the focus. They treat associates and suppliers with respect and fairness.

If you get a chance....Go work with MARS!
Pros
Cross functional work experiences, free candy at work all day!
Cons
Tough....sharpen your claws before entering, but really smart and good people.
There is no I or U in "team"
Electrician (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, GAFebruary 4, 2017
If you enjoy working last minute mandatory overtime with little to no thanks and have no issues with putting the wellbeing of the company before the wellbeing of your family this is the place for you. Working here you will always be putting safety first while on the clock the smallest safety violation will get you fired! But if there an ice storm and the governor declares an state of emergency and advises everyone to stay off the roads be prepared to "make arrangements to show up for your shift" and no you can't use a sick day or vacation day to get out of having an "occurrence" used against you during your MBO "managing by objectives" review. You must also be ok with to constantly shrinking benefits package where they constantly reduce the maximum possible percentage of annual bonuses and increase the cost of insurance. In the years since being acquired by mars the cost to the employees for insurance and out of pocket expenses has risen over 2500%. So if this sounds appealing come join team Mars.
Pros
Free parking when available
Cons
Everything else you mite want in a job
A great place to start a career
Manager, Performance Management (Former Employee) –  Hackettstown, NJFebruary 1, 2017
This company does so many things right for their employees. There are development opportunities galore. Compensation and benefits exceed the 50th%ile but that shows in the lack of work life balance.
Productive and enjoyable
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Manteno, ILFebruary 1, 2017
I really enjoyed working at this facility because of the environment. The crew was amazing and so was management. Everyone was kind and understanding
A nice environment
Stocker/Receiver (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAJanuary 26, 2017
It was a very fast paced position. I enjoyed moving around and performing various tasks. I would have desiredto speak with management concerning additional hour's promised to we the worker's. That, in my opinion would certainly have boosted the morale of the worker's.
Pros
They treated the staff with courtesy.
Cons
Hour's were cut.
Good hard working people
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAJanuary 23, 2017
San Bernardino plant Great people great benefits no work life balance if one plant gets behind expect to work if you like over time then I guess this is good thing. Take pics of your family because you won't see them much. Work conditions in the summer very hot only cool spot in plant is break room when it's cold, also cold in plant due to old building also dusty smelly conditions. Sneaky Management if they don't like or want you they will go out of there way to break you.
Pros
Free dog food, great benefits
Cons
No work life balance
N/a
Guest Service Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 23, 2017
Dealt with customers
Fast paced environment
Culturally Diverse

The most fun I had there was interacting with customers
Great
Safety Team (Former Employee) –  Cleveland TNAJanuary 23, 2017
Overall a good place to work, can get hectic at times, good oppurtunities, fast paced advance, oppurtumitu for promotion, lpng breaks evenly spaced
Pros
Chocolate
Cons
slow
Not a Good Place to Work
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Field BasesJanuary 21, 2017
The Mars Chocolate Side is a disorganized mess. Product production is terrible and there are constant changes which impact sales.

Regularly work 14 hour days, evenings and weekends. If you are looking for work/life balance of any way, shape or form this is NOT the place for you. Everyone just seems to accept this is the way it is. Also, wanting to take a few days off or a vacation? Good luck!

The only holiday that anyone cares about is Halloween. Federal Holidays such as MLK or President's Day? Nope. Christmas? Plan on working 12/24...zero respect for your time off. They will schedule mandatory calls etc.

Horrible company to work for.
Pros
Free Chocolate
Cons
Everything but the free chocolate
Productive workplace with adaptable enviroment
Internship (Former Employee) –  Greenville, MSJanuary 19, 2017
My Intern experience at Mars food allowed me to explore the business world and the importance of taking care of responsibilities. I had the opportunity to learn new technologies and to put my classroom learning to test.
Pros
working with new people
Cons
being younger and lacking experience
okay place to work
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Washington Court House, OHJanuary 18, 2017
Good pay, reasonable hours. Company culture was kind of annoying. If you are sensitive or have allergies to certain foods it can be difficult.
Pros
steady work
Cons
culture
BEWARE of Mars Horsecare in Dalton, OH. Very Dysfunctional
Former Employee (Former Employee) –  Dalton, OHJanuary 18, 2017
Although this is a branch of the Mars company, you'd never know it.

This company is full of toxic people, clueless management who know nothing about the products and customers they are supposed to be focused on. The culture is horrible. They keep the unqualified people and fire the good ones because they are intimidated by them. You'll hear preaching every day about living the Mars 5 Principles, but yet, I've never seen a bigger group of hypocrites in my life. Not only do they NOT live the five principles, they actually violate most of them on a daily basis. The regular line staff are great people. It's a shame that they are managed by morons.
I wish I could give it less than 1 star.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
The top management are completely incompetent

Ask a question about working or interviewing at MARS. Our community is ready to answer.